3.

Sleep Stealer

“WU YI FAN!” Bom yelled in panic as she stumbled at the sight of Kris throwing Mason in the air. She was just gone a few minutes to prepare milk for Mason and now that she is back, she saw a dangerous act--well atleast on her perspective.

 

 

Kris chuckled the same time Mason giggled in delight.

 

 

“FOR THE LOVE OF CORN KRIS WU! BRING MASON DOWN!” Turning into a Bominator, she kept on nagging Kris. She didn’t attempt to pull Mason away in fear of the baby being dropped on the ground.

 

 

"Calm down Bom. Look he's clearly enjoying. Right Mason?" Kris asked their baby that is currently throwing laughing fits.

 

 

"See? Isn't he precious?" Kris nuzzled Mason's tummy before raising him up high again. Mason giggled loudly again but it didn't help in calming Bom down.

 

 

Kris turned his head and looked at Bom that stepped closely at his side.

 

 

"Bommie stop fidgeting. It's not like I'm going to drop our baby." He replied with Mason still raised up in the air. Mason squirmed at his daddy's hold.

 

 

Bom glared at her husband. 

 

 

"I will stop fidgeting once you put Mas--OH MY GOSH KRIS!" Bom shrieked when Kris suddenly let go of his hold on Mason. He swiftly caught Mason before he even dropped lower. Mason's cute giggles filled the room.

 

 

Kris chuckled upon seeing Bom's panicky face. Bom's face went red in anger when she realized that Kris was just bluffing at her. Slowly, Kris' chuckles died down when the stare of Bom became deadly.

 

 

"You're not allowed to touch me for a week!" 

 

 

Kris paled. His eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped in disbelief.

 

 

"W-what?! Y-you don't mean that right?"  He chuckled nervously.

 

 

"Oh I 100% meant it." Bom smirked and turned her back on him.

 

 

"But baby!" Kris protested but Bom didn't stop walking upstairs. Kris immediately tailed behind her.

 

 

" you just gave me a heart attack! Now suffer!" Bom yelled before slamming the door on his face. Kris tried turning the knob but Bom locked it.

 

 

"Bom baby I'm sorry!" 

 

 

"Sorry my !" Bom's muffled yell resonated outside their room.

 

 

Kris sighed heavily and cursed in Chinese. He then noticed Mason looking at him with sparkling eyes. A big smile that shows his two tiny teeth in the front was pasted on the baby's face.

 

 

"You're clearly enjoying this aren't you?" 

 

 

Mason giggled at Kris as a response.

 

 

***

 

 

For the third time , Bom stood up from their bed and went to the connecting room where Mason's wails are heard.

 

 

Kris opened his eyes and eyed his wife groggily walking towards their baby's room. Despite the moonlight being the only light, he could still see the tiredness on her eyes. He spare a glance at the clock, it read 3AM.

 

 

He stood up and followed Bom. There he saw her changing Mason's diapers. After that she carried their baby and lulled him to sleep by singing her song "Don't Cry". He just stood there, admiring the sight of Bom being a loving mother to their baby and being mesmerizing with her angelic voice. He was indeed lucky to found someone like Bom. Not even his fame on being EXO-M's leader can be compared to the happiness that he felt with his family. 

 

 

Soon Mason was back to sleep again. Bom kissed Mason's forehead and turned-off the night lamp on his room. She discreetly closed the door and left. She was startled when Kris appeared in front of her standing with his arms crossed. She smiled faintly at him.

 

 

"Did I woke you up?"

 

 

Kris shook his head and smiled.

 

 

"No you didn't. Come, let's go to sleep again." He draped his long arms on hers and slowly massaged her tired shoulders.

 

 

As soon as they lie down on the bed, Kris embraced Bom's tired body to offer comfort. Bom lean her forehead on his chest. 

 

 

"I thought I told you that you're not allowed to touch me?" Bom cutely but tiredly said.

 

 

Kris chuckled.

 

 

"Yeah but I know you can't resist me."

 

 

"Arrogant jerk."

 

 

"Yet you love that arrogant jerk." Kris kissed the crown of her head and pulled her closer.

 

 

"True. Good morning Kris." Bom smiled on his chest.

 

 

"Good morning as well. Sleep well baby." Kris lean down and pecked Bom's lips.

 

 

"Hmm." She replied and instantly slept.

 

 

15 minutes had only past when Mason started crying up again. Bom jolted awake. She was about to stand up but Kris beat her to it. 

 

 

"Sleep. Let me handle him."

 

 

"But.." 

 

 

"I said sleep. Go back to sleep." Kris smiled and gently pushed her back to bed before heading towards Mason's room.

 

 

Bom looked up at Kris' retreating back with a confused stare. Moments later she heard a soft singing voice.

 

 

Baby don't cry~ Tonight

Dang heiyè zàicì liàng qilái

Baby Dont Cry Tonight

Jiù dàng zuò méi fashengguò yiyàng

 

 

 A smile formed on her lips as she heard Kris singing. Instead of sleeping, she listened until Kris finished the whole song. Moments later, she silently stood up and peek her head on Mason's room. A bubble of happiness formed inside her heart when she saw Kris cradling Mason on the rocking chair with both of them sleeping soundly. She grabbed a blanket and put it down to Kris and their baby.

 

 

Ever since the time Kris cradled Mason onwards, he no longer cried. Bom will make sure to give a reward to her husband tomorrow morning. Perhaps morning would be more than fine to him. She closed her eyes and cuddled his husband's pillow to sleep.

 

 

***

 

 

So here it is! All done! :D Thank you for reading and supporting this my lovely subscribers! See ya at 'Fanboying Over 2NE1' xx