Limited

Irregularly Regular

I/R 0.2 - Limited


 

Donghae sighed as he ended the call. His gaze then went from the face of the mysterious boy on his bed to his almost body. Caressing the soft brown locks, he got up from the side of his bed before he walked towards his closet, and then he started rummaging for clothes. The teenager cringed when he realizes just now what his closet is composed of: worn out jeans, rag-like sweaters, large sized shirts and a pair of black shoes and a converse.

“Are these clothes mine?” he asked in disbelief. Oh god. He can’t imagine using those for 16 years of his existence. Sighing once again, he just settled himself on picking his pajamas. At least he has something decent for Kyuhyun to wear. Setting the clothes on the couch beside his bathroom, he was unaware of a pair of wide jade green eyes staring at his every movement. Donghae was about to call Hyukjae again when he heard a light squeak in his mattress, indicating that the person on it was moving. He caught his breath when he meets those eyes once again.

Donghae accidentally blinked.

He was about to mutter all profanities he had learned since he was a kid – thanks to Hyukjae – but then he realized it isn’t needed anymore. Donghae can’t believe his eyes. Kyuhyun was still there, his brown, curly locks were half covered by his duvet as he curiously peeked at Donghae, who tried to walk near him but stopped when Kyuhyun panicked and cover himself fully. The brunette blinked at his cuteness, but chose to retract his hands and get the pajamas instead. He placed them at the end of his bed before muttering, “Wear this okay? I’ll just get some food for you. You want anything?”

Seeing no response, he just shrugged and went downstairs, where he was greeted by a flying monkey and Donghae landed on the hard floor. The figure above him won’t stop kicking his legs to get up but Donghae was quicker and shoved him hard, making the other yelp and fall on his back. Hyukjae held his in pain as he and Donghae stood up.

“Wow! Man that was quite a show.” He said as he looked at Donghae amusedly, but the brunette just gave him a glare. “Kyuhyun?”

“Upstairs.” He mumbled as he walked into their kitchen and opens the fridge. He was about to grab anything to cook but then he heard Hyukjae screamed. Donghae bolted up the stairs and opens the door of his room seeing Hyukjae… beaming?

“What’s happening here?” he asked immediately as he pried Hyukjae’s hands on Kyuhyun’s face.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH OH MY GOD!!!” Hyukjae screamed again as he started pacing and jumping and doing all sorts of craziness around his room. The brunette gave him an irritated look silently asking what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you-idiot. “He’s cute! But not as cute as my Sungmin though. Well although I think Sungmin would finally accept my proposal of eternal happiness if I gave Kyuhyun to him as a gift!!!”

Hyukjae’s somewhat distorted face received a flying slipper at that.

 

            

 

“Hyuk—“

“Mnooooo!!! Don’t talk to me you evil fish!!!”

“But—“

“KYUHYUN AHH DONGHAE IS YELLING AT ME!!!”

“What?! No! I—“

“SEE THAT KYUHYUN SEE THAT?! HE IS EVIL!”

“Yah! Stop it Hyukjae or I’ll kick you out.”

“Meanie.” Hyukjae huffed but stopped hugging Kyuhyun’s leg who’s lying on the edge of the bed. Donghae grunted once more as he aimed the spatula playfully on his best friend. Hyukjae chuckled and went out of the room. Donghae placed the bowl on his night stand and helped Kyuhyun get up so he can eat. “I know I’m not the best cook but, ah, enjoy?” he said as he awkwardly scratched his nape. He waited for Kyuhyun to move but all he got in reply was a stare. Donghae furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the other curiously. “You don’t want to eat?”

Kyuhyun just blinked and tilted his head cutely.

Donghae bit the inside of his cheeks to stop squealing.

Just then, a silver spoon hit his forehead. “Aw!” he exclaimed and glared at his best friend, whom now smirking at him smugly as he leaned on the door frame. Donghae was about to yell to his friend when he noticed something unusual about his friend, though he can’t pinpoint what.

“Lee Donghae, I didn’t know you’re this stupid.” He said. “Can’t you see that Kyuhyun doesn’t know anything about this world? Of course he doesn’t know how to use a spoon you stupid fish!”

“I- how did you know that Kyuhyun doesn’t know anything?”

Hyukjae just raised his eyebrows at him. “Didn’t Kyuhyun come from a window at the cafeteria?”

“W-well he did..”

The boy rolled his eyes at him and pulled him out of the room.

“It’s a little salty.”

Donghae raised an eyebrow.

“Your porridge, stupid.” Hyukjae said then slammed the door of his room. He stared at the door for seconds before he shakes his head and went downstairs to fix his salty porridge. That abusive friend of his is really something.

“Donghae?”

He turned to his side and found his friend sipping strawberry milk, his legs swaying as he sits on the counter. Donghae furrowed his eyebrows. “Aren’t you at my room just now?”

Hyukjae stopped swaying his legs and looked at Donghae, puzzled. “Yah fish, I went down for you to have a good time with your crush and you’re going to give me a prank as a ‘thank you’?”

Donghae’s eyes widened as realization finally hit him. I didn’t tell him anything about the scene at the café. He started running towards his room once again, faster this time. And Hyukjae is allergic to porridge! Though, he felt those short seconds became torture as different scenarios of what may happened to Kyuhyun flashed in his mind.

“Donghae, what’s happening?” Hyukjae asked beside him, panting. He ignored him and started banging the door. “Open up!” he yelled. He continue banging against his door that he failed to notice that Hyukjae was already taking a step back, and he was lucky to duck at the time when his friend kicked his door open. He glared at Hyukjae as the other whistled. Donghae got up and ran towards his bed, where he saw Kyuhyun lying unconsciously.

Shaking the boy lightly, he started to panic a little when Kyuhyun doesn’t show any signs of waking up. “Kyuhyun?” he called. Shifting the boy in his arms, Donghae took a mental note to protect the boy at all cost. He looked around but saw no one except his best friend standing to his side.

Hyukjae looked at Donghae confusedly but decided to close the window.

 

        

 

“Oh , didn’t know Kyuhyun is a princess. You know, those royals who needs to be protected at all cost.” Donghae glared at him but Hyukjae ignored him. “But seriously dude, where did you found him?”

Donghae sighed and decided to tell Hyukjae about the incident at the café, also the incident in his room where he met a guy that looked like Hyukjae.

“So, I kind of have a doppelganger now?” he asked, his brows rising comically as an amused grin erupted from his lips. He continued sipping at his coffee, since he’s allergic to porridge and drinking caffeine makes him felt relaxed. Donghae then suddenly stood up to check on Kyuhyun and the red head decided to stay at the kitchen. Sniffing the aroma from his cup, he smiled as he felt a familiar presence on his back.

“No need to go that far to push the fish.”

A slight huffed was heard behind him, and then the presence was gone.

Hyukjae happily goes back to sipping his coffee.

 

 

 

Morning came, and Donghae was busy making him and the boy in his room some breakfast when he heard light steps behind him. He set the fire low before turning around. Donghae saw no one, until a light tug on his jeans caused him to look down and there, was the cutest person ever. Hugging his pillow, Kyuhyun yawned cutely as he practically latched his arms on Donghae’s left leg. Donghae sighed and slowly kneeled with only his right knee to prevent hurting the boy.

“Kyuhyun?” he called, and he was greeted by a crescent pair of jade green eyes. He gave Kyuhyun his rare toothless smile, before he held his hands and helped him get up, sitting him on one of the stools beside the counter. The boy then proceeds to hug his knees as he watched Donghae in slight amazement.

After the two have their breakfast, Donghae then starts his morning routine which is washing the dishes before taking a bath. Minutes later, he was already dressed up for school. He felt bad for leaving Kyuhyun for school, but today is their examinations and he can’t be absent, and he can’t consider Hyukjae’s suggestion of bringing the boy to school. If he did bring him to school, where would he even leave him in the first place? He walked passed the living room, but stopped when something caught his eye.

Kyuhyun was sleeping soundlessly on the couch, his right arm were hanging at the side of the couch as his long legs are squeezed tight as he boy probably tried to fit himself on it. Donghae chuckled a little before he carried Kyuhyun into his room. Bidding goodbye at the sleeping boy, he kissed his forehead and exited the room.

 

 

 

It was at lunch time when he started feeling weird, or more specifically his right leg, like he was beaten up or something. Nonetheless he ignored the pain and proceeds to take his exam.

Tapping his pencil at his desk, Donghae couldn’t help but feel worried about Kyuhyun. Luckily, the test would be over in 30 minutes and he was almost finished answering his test paper. Just then, a sudden commotion could be heard outside the field, and since Donghae’s classroom was situated at the first floor, they could see everything on the field. But they just ignored it when they saw nothing. Donghae, on the other hand, started feeling strange.

Just then the door of their classroom opened.

Donghae could feel his eyes widened more and more as the familiar figure of a boy walked towards him, ignoring the shock faces of his teacher and classmates. Scrambling on his desk, Donghae almost tripped on his own foot as he ran to the teacher’s direction and slammed his answer sheet on the wooden surface of the desk. He then ran towards his seat and pulled his bag and Kyuhyun along. However, he was shocked when the boy suddenly fell down on the floor like a mannequin. And his eyes widened more when he saw blood on the boy’s pajamas.. on his right leg.

Not wasting any more time and ignoring the pain in his own leg, Donghae carried him towards the clinic.

 

 

 

Shocked eyes meet panicked ones as the nurse opened the door of the clinic.

Not wasting any more time, she ushered Donghae to place the bleeding boy onto the bed. Gesturing him to give her some space, Donghae settled himself on the bed next to Kyuhyun. He watched as the nurse slowly lifted up the pajama, and their eyes widened simultaneously when they saw a huge gash on the leg of the boy. The nurse bit her lip in worry but nonetheless started treating the boy, and after almost half an hour she was finished. She patted Donghae’s shoulder and smiled, indicating that the boy sleeping on the bed is now safe, before excusing herself and left the room. Donghae, however, was a different case; instead of feeling relieved, he was feeling something else: fear.

Donghae himself doesn’t know why, but when Kyuhyun started opening his eyelids after an hour, all of his worries and fear seemed to disappear. He quickly stood up from the bed he was sitting on to hug and to comfort the life out of Kyuhyun.

But then he was shocked when he slumped down onto the floor.

His eyes widened as so as Kyuhyun. He tried to stand up again, but his right leg where hurting like and he was sent down again within a nanosecond. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was worried sick for Donghae. He gets up from his bed, ignoring the slight pain of his leg, and helped Donghae by placing one of his hands on his shoulder. He doesn’t know what he was doing, but he knows that Donghae needs him now.

Donghae was shocked, because he never thought that Kyuhyun would help him, not that because he’s weak – which is kind of wrong because he could tell that Kyuhyun has some muscles working on and the boy really had stamina – but because he thought that Kyuhyun was afraid to touch him. He looks at the boy’s face, mesmerized by how cute he is, biting his lips like that in concentration. Donghae must have chuckled, because Kyuhyun suddenly turned his face to him, making their eyes met once again.

However as Kyuhyun was about to place Donghae on the bed, his body suddenly started disappeared, making Donghae fall onto the mattress with his face. He turns around and indeed, Kyuhyun’s body was slowly disappearing, blink by blink his form seems to fade little by little. Donghae stretched his hands and Kyuhyun immediately holds tight to it, like his life depends on it. At Donghae’s 13th blink however, Kyuhyun was gone.

And so as the pain in his right leg.

 

 

 

Sounds of footsteps lingered throughout the dark hallway, and with the lights constantly flickering nonstop, no one would ever think that the place was before a happy haven.

Two males – dressed in white cloaks – was scanning every inch of the hallway hoping to find what they are looking for, and minutes later at the end of the hallway, their search suddenly came to an end. The shorter of the two raised his wand which they were using as light and scanned the surroundings, eyes slightly widening as they saw a figure at the corner of the room.

“Lord Heechul—“

“I know, Leeteuk,” said the man in a very, very sad tone. “Trust me. I know.”

 


Irregularly Regular

Chapter 0.2 - Limited

October 21, 2013 - Posted at 11:05 PM