Girl in Your Dream

Girl in Your Dream

 

~ Girl in Your Dream ~ One-shot ~

 

“Junsu oppa…” a girl in her early twenty had ran up to him, she sounded anxious. He turned to her over his shoulder wondering, unsure to what had brought his little sister here again. Arms on her hips, she stared at the well known musical actor. “Granny wants you home now,” crossing her arms before her chest, she panted heavily. “Stop dragging yourself into trouble, oppa” she squatted beside him, trying hard in persuading the stubborn man, “Three years, you’d wasted three years waiting for that woman devotedly but what did you get in return? Every Christmas eve you would wait till midnight, deep inside, you know she wouldn’t come. You’ve been waiting for her three years on ends, you ought to stop.”

 

Grabbing hold on her hand, he said “Taeyeon, you might not understand and I don’t blame you for that. Seven years of love, you won’t be able to wipe it off as though wiping the whiteboard.” Looking out to the sea, the sound of the small waves was like whispering to him; giving him one last hope to not give up. “I know waiting here without doing anything it’s pointless.” His hands tucked into the pocket whilst kicking the white sand of the beach, “There’re many questions plagued in my mind. Would it be she’d forgotten about the date, would she mistaken our meeting place, could it be work had stopped her from meeting me and the worst thing I’d thought was, she involved in accident on her way here or something even worse than that.”

 

Taeyeon know that her brother is slowly feeling tired of waiting even though he denied it; nevertheless, the weariness had betrayed his words. He was uncertain if he would still meet his beloved, all left in him was only pieces of shattered hope.

 

“Those are only silly figments of imaginations. You’re thinking too much and being imaginative,” she sneered.

 

“You’ll never know,” Junsu retorted.

 

“Who doesn’t know Kim Junsu, the well known musical theatre actor of Mozart? That’s almost impossible, okay. For all you know, she might have married to a rich man and living a blissful life in the magic castle.”

 

Looking down at his watch, he sighed “Almost midnight, let’s go…”

 

“Finally,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

 

-

 

Wrapping his arms around the slender figure from behind, he rested his chin on her shoulder. This had been a habitual routine for Yoochun, his arms around her weren’t firm or the girl in his embrace has shoved him off long ago. Feeling his warm breathing on her neck, she tilted her head.

 

“Park Yoochun, don’t cross the boundary lane,” she reminded him as she continued with her pancake. “Exceeding five minutes, you’ll be punished severely.”

 

“Yah Jang Riin,” Yoochun whined as he heaved himself up to the kitchen counter. Watching Riin busying with the house chores had became his hobby. “I gave you shelter, food and many things else, can’t you have a little service for me?” he smiled, mischievously.

 

Riin knew he was joking and didn’t really mean it, placing the well shaped pancake; she leaned in to share a close eye contacts with the man before her. “But I repay you by not charging a penny for styling your hair in those big events, don’t you remember, Mr. Singer?”

 

“Fine…” his hands flew up in the air a sign of surrendering. “Not even a peck on the lips?” he pouted his cherry lips.

 

Gently pushing against his face, she giggled “Stop it. You said you were hungry, weren’t you? At the look of it, you don’t seem like stomach growling for food.” She poured two glasses of orange juice and made her way towards the dining table with Yoochun having the pancake. She sat opposite him.

 

“I am…can’t you hear noises coming from my flat tummy,” he stretched out his arms tiredly. “The company is planning on killing me. They’d been nonstop filling my already packed schedules, I’m dying soon.”

 

“Nonsense,” Riin reached out for his hand, “You should be gratitude for your company is still giving you this much of works. For an artist, if his schedule is as empty as a piece of white paper, he can really leave the entertainment world.” Rested both her arms before her on the table, she watched him took a few bites of the pancake. “Your pocket is filled with money and bank account book flickering in gold light you should be happy, shouldn’t you?” she tittered.

 

“Riin…” his voice was low, eyes were still on the pancake as though escaping having any eye contact with the girl before him. “Three years, we’ve been together for three years, am I only a friend, we can only be friend…nothing more than a friend?”

 

She was stuttered by her sudden statement. “Yoochun…”

 

Grabbing hold on her petite hand, he said “I’d changed a lot and you can see it. You were the cause of those changes in me. From a heartless player, you’d turned me into a gentleman.” Looking up into her fawn eyes which were shimmering like a diamond, he took a deep breath, “Can’t we move further on…won’t you give me, give us a chance?”

 

Withdrawing her hand from his held almost instantly, she looked away. Her face flushing in red, “Quit playing those teasing game on me…I’ll get angry, I…”

 

“Jang Riin, I’m not in a game with you,” he walked up to her. “It’s your entire fault. On that very night if you’d not run out from nowhere, I wouldn’t have hit you with the car and fall head over heel for you.”

 

-Flashback-

 

Three years ago, on that find winter night the sky had turned completely dark by the time Liyin stepped out from the college. The busy street of Seoul was filled with people and out of 90% of them were couples. With a red hat on head, people seemed to be rushing towards the night club and some might be going over to the Lotte World where a countdown concert is held there. Today was the day, Christmas Eve, the day she and Junsu had made a promise to meet again two years ago. She was extremely nervous and for the whole day Liyin had not been able to put her mind into whatever she’s working on and that caused her made mistakes, continuously. Caught in the detention class, she could hardly focus in t the model hair and her lecturer could see that clearly. Looking down onto her watch, she was extremely late for their reunion and her lecturer let her off half an hour later.

 

Hopping into the cab that had stopped before her, she told the driver her destination before leaning against the seat whilst fidgeting the grass made ring on her finger. A sweet smile crept on her face even though she was late but that’s not been something that would bothered her as she knows that no matter how long it takes, he will wait. About ten minutes later, she had arrived to the beach side.

 

“Miss, if you’re in a rush, my advice is get down from here,” the man in his late forty said, “I need to take a u-turn to drop you at the beach side but the traffic light there is in a terrible jammed, you might be late.”

 

Liyin pouted, “But it will be a long walk if I get down here,” she looked out to see the lane of cars at the traffic jammed. “I guess I have no choice then, thanks ajuhshi…” she got down from the car.

 

-

 

“Damn it!” the man threw his Iphone, cantankerously, on the passenger seat and slammed his foot on the gas pump; heading towards Lotte World direction. For the past weeks, he had been turning down the request of performing at the countdown concert held in Lotte World but an artist for almost all the time has no right in deciding on their schedule and works. He had been trapped in the traffic jammed when he made his u-turn awhile ago. Once u-turning from the opposite street, he sped down the street, morosely. Making his way towards his destination in the silent road, he was oblivious that there would be a person cross the road.

 

Because he was driving too fast, he could barely get to stop the car in time and the lady who is running across the street hit hard and flew over the silver sports car before rolling on the road. The sound of the car skidded was loud, black tire marks trailing the silver car. The singer hopped of his car and ran up to the girl who lay unconsciously on the empty road. Bruises were all over her arms, few scratched on her cold pale face and the blood from her head forming a puddle of red liquid on the ground.

 

Gently picking her up into his arms, he dare not to move her too much, afraid of making the situation worse. “Miss…” it was obvious that she is fainted. Right away he called his manager.

 

-

 

They had been waited for almost three hours before the operation room yet there’s no news about the victim from inside. His manager had soothed him to leave the hospital and he’ll settle the mess but the younger man refused and insisted on staying until the doctor comes out. In the company, no one can really go against him except things that involved the company, other than that he do and go whatever and whenever he wants.

 

“Yoochun…it’s time for you to go.” His manager repeated again, “you’ll start off with a tight schedule tomorrow and that you really need a good rest now.”

 

“Shut up,” he said coldly as he changed his sitting position. “It is enough for me to perform in Lotte World even after having such an accident, isn’t it? So stop pestering me and tell me what to do. I’ll leave when I feel like it,” he was firm with his decision.

 

“Zhang Liyin’s family…” the nurse called as the doctor beside her removed the mask before looking at the two men stood before him.

 

“How is she?” Yoochun asked.

 

Wiping off the dripping beads of sweat from his forehead, he answered “Miss Zhang in a stable condition now. We had stopped the internal bleeding. She had a few fractured bones on her arms but those are small matters and it will cure fast with good care.” His brows furrowed as he contemplated should or not to tell this.

 

Yoochun read his mind, “There must be something else, isn’t it?”

 

“The hit gave her head a big impact. From my experience, she most likely will lose her memories,” the doctor explained, professionally. “But that’s only my opinion from what I see. Everything can’t be definite for now and we’ll need to observe Miss Zhang’s condition when she’s awake.”

 

“Most likely by when she’ll be conscious?” Yoochun asked, concernedly. Somehow he was guilty for causing this accident to occur. He knows if he had driven in a slower speed, this accident wouldn’t have happen.

 

“Different people have a different condition and we can’t give you an exact time on when she’ll be awake,” his explanation was clear. “Once the anesthetic over, you can visit her then.

 

Seeing the doctor brushed passed them, the manager heaved a sigh of relieve. He was relieved to know that she might be losing her memories due to the huge collision. “That will be the perfect ending with her not remembering a single thing, wouldn’t it? Thank god…”

 

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Yoochun pushed his manager to the wall before grabbing hold on his dress shirt collar, “Are you insane? It was my fault that she’s now laying on the ward bed like a dead human.”

 

“Excuse me,” the man in his grasp struggled in setting free from his threatening hold. “She was the one ran across the road insanely. That road, she’s not allowed to cross it and you’ve no responsibilities to take on.” He escaped from the younger man’s grip when he sensed Yoochun had loosened his held.

 

Trying his best in restraining himself from flaring up before his manager although the flame in him was blazing, Yoochun tightened his fist. “Need me to remind you, I sped. My speed was way too fast, it’s obvious I’m wrong and you just can’t put all the blame and ask that little girl to bear with it.”

 

Upon hearing that, he laughed at the stupid thought of the man before him. “Go ahead and tell the officer you sped and hit the girl. See what will happen on the next second,” he dared him. “You’ll be out from the entertainment in split second; all the hard work you’d put in your career all these years will be gone, instantly. Will you be that stupid?” he sneered.

 

“Kim Kyomin!” Yoochun raised his voice

 

“Do you think the company will let anyone knows about this? No one witness how you were speeding instead we can get someone to tell the officer, who is faulty, you could get rid of all these,” Kyomin proper Yoochun’s suit and whispered, “Pretend nothing happen and continue with what you ought to do.”

 

“I’ll approach the officer myself,” Yoochun said. “Young man, let me remind you now, you have no right in interfering things involved the company. Don’t ruin your life, your future and continue with the work in dominating Korea’s music industry, SM’s top singer.” Chuckling once again, he said “She’s only an orphan who is still studying…you needs not to worry much about her.” in a span of measly hours, Kim Kyomin had gained all her details and perhaps it was because there were nothing much about her that would give him challenges in

 

-

 

Everything happen same as what the doctor had predicted. The girl that involved in the accident with Yoochun had lose her memories and the only two things she remember was her name and she’s taking a hairstyling course somewhere down in the busy street of Seoul. She almost gone crazy upon knowing she had lost her memories, for the whole week she refused to eat and talk to anyone but just gushed her mind with unanswerable questions. Yoochun felt bad for putting her in such state. He tried his best in searching more about her. Kyomin refused to reveal not even a small detail regarding her. All he could do was visiting the cathedral where she had grown up in. Nevertheless, not much information he get as the nun who took her into the orphanage had left the cathedral and most kids who brought up with her had too left the place to pursue their studies and some for their career.

 

“Miss, where’s the patient of room 301?” Yoochun was surprised to see Liyin not in the ward room. The nurse was confused too, “Miss Zhang was still here a minute ago.”

 

Yoochun ran around the hospital to look for the frail girl and as he recalled, he had not check the rooftop; no surprise, she was there. It almost frightened him to death to see her tiptoeing as though trying to climb on the fence and jump off from the building.

 

“NO!” Yoochun shrieked as he ran up to her and pull the fragile body down. Pulling her into his arms, she could feel his heart beating fast. “Silly girl, why are you doing this? You’ll regain your memories; it’s just a matter of time. Losing your memory doesn’t mean you need to kill yourself.”

 

“To that extent?” she whispered. As he pulled away from her he stared into her fawn eyes, puzzled. “I think losing memories won’t lead me to the extent of ending my life.” She got up, “I was just admiring the people in the garden, and they were living their life to the fullest although they’re sick. And I’m not even dying yet, so why not starting my life afresh, create new memories from now on.”

 

Yoochun smiled, “And I’ll be your first friend, Park Yoochun.”

 

A grin escaped her lips, “My first friend is a top singer in the KPop world and he’s also the one who caused me in such state.” Yoochun smile slipped off his face almost instantly upon hearing that. Liying blinked her eyes for a moment, “But I forgive him. Hi, I’m Jang Riin…”

 

-Flashback ends-

 

“From then on, I know I can never get rid of a person named Jang Riin anymore,” he held on her hands, “I understand why you would turned me down in that time, you might thought that I was trying to repay you and I was still a player back then, but I’ve changed, really.”

 

Lowering her head, she remembered how much Yoochun had helped her back then. “Sometimes, you could be the stupidest human in this world. I owe Tiffany so much, and you’re willing to pay those debts and even bring me home so that I could lessen my burden.”

 

“That’s because…” he hesitated to say as he pulled her into his arms, “I love you and I to help you in anyway and most of all, I want you stay by my side. Would you give me a chance?”

 

Riin could see the changes in him as before her the handsome man who used to came home with two women and changed them as though changing his clothes, there’re a huge difference now as compared to the past. “Maybe…probation, you’re in probation period.”

 

They both laughed.

 

-

 

“So how was it?” Yoochun asked although he had expected the same answer coming from his best friend. “She didn’t turn up again?”

 

Having his back against the chair, he sighed frustratingly “I don’t know if I there’s still any hope in me, is there any miracle in this wold?”

 

Placing his hand on his shoulder, Yoochun tried offering any sort of comfort he could to the pressured man. “Junsu, it does exist. If that person is someone you truly love, you’d wait for how long it takes and that was what you said to me, wasn’t it?”

 

Nodding his head, he agreed “before you, I’m just a normal human being. I would get tired once in a while.” Junsu admitted he was tired. The man before him is a person he could really trust and rely on. He would never wear a mask on whenever Yoochun is around, between them there’s no secret exist.

 

“Yeah, you’ll be staying here till Christmas right, how is the preparation for the musical, doing well?”

 

“Yes, leaving on the first, New Year. Nothing special about the preparation,” the musical actor before him was as cold as always, Yoochun thought. “So what about you and that lady you’d been wooing all these years? For once, you’re a failure. I thought every woman easily dies in your hand and you’d finally meet a challenge.” Junsu diverted to topic.

 

“She’s different,” Yoochun had a sip of his Whisky. “Very different and in fact she can’t be compared to any of the girls I’d played. She changed me…and I know this woman deserved for me to give up everything.” Grinning, he said “She’s giving me a chance…”

 

“She changed you completely, I can see that,” Junsu remarked.

 

-

 

“Yeah…I drive today, you don’t have the need to come over all the way from Busan to fetch me,” she was somehow getting annoyed by Yoochun. “I’ve said you don’t have to worry about that. Concentrate in your photo shoot, okay. I’ll be just fine with your sports and be very sure when you’re back you’ll see no scratches on that beauty named Ferari…”

 

“Sir…this way, please” the waiter ushered Junsu over to the seat behind Riin. Junsu scanned through around the restaurant “Can I change to another place, you’ve plenty of seats left.” The waiter shook his head, “there are all on reservation.” Junsu can only blame himself for not reserving his favorite seat which the woman before him sitting. “Then help me to get some peacefulness from that lady.”

 

The waitress approached the customer, “Miss Jang, could you please lower your voice a bit, you’re somehow bothering other customers…” he tried his best in being polite. Upon hearing that, she felt more agitated then she was. She turned around and flashed the man behind her a glistening glare, “I’m not that loud, I suppose,” she purposely raised her voice louder.

 

The moment she turned around, Junsu was startled. “Liyin…” he mumbled only to himself. He was surprised to see his beloved again after so many years of separation and it was as though he was glued on the chair though he wanted to approached her and lock her in his arms.

 

“Yah, Jang Riin! Are you getting into a fight or something?” Yoochun shouted in the opposite line. “Will call you in a bit, bye,” she ended the call and averted her fiery eyes to the waiter, “Bill please…”

 

“Liyin…” Junsu stopped her from heading towards the cashier counter. “Is that really you, Liyin, I’d found you, finally.” He pulled her into his arms.

 

“Yah, you erted man!” she stepped on his foot, hardly. “It’s public and you could do something like this!”

 

She almost landed a tight slap on his face if he hadn’t react in time, he grabbed hold on her wrist, feeling the familiar touch “Liyin, Zhang Liyin, don’t you remember me, I’m Kim Junsu. We promised to meet at the beach in two years time but you didn’t turn up for the past three years.”

 

“Kim Junsu,” she swung his hand off hers, “That well known musical actor, aren’t you? Woah, that’s the way you used in nearing a girl, out of my expectation. Thought that you were a gentleman but it turned out to be the same, you’re just a piece of trash.” As the waiter returned back with the bill, she slammed the money on the table before brushing past Junsu, fumingly.

 

“Trash…” he was surprised by what had just happened. Fortunately he had not ordered anything and when he stormed out from the restaurant, no one stop him. Turning left and right, he saw Liyin was about to hop into the familiar sports car. “Wait,” he pushed the car door close, stopping her from getting in.

 

“Are you insane,” her eyes was fuming in anger, “you almost killed my hand and my life is basically depends on this pair of delicate hand!” she shouted.

 

Junsu could care less on what she’s all mad about and at that very moment, he just wanted to know what exactly is happening. “Zhang Liyin, what’s wrong with you? Are you mad that I didn’t return when I was in holiday, are you trying to play a game with me. Don’t you remember me, I’m your fiancé. The earring you’re having, it’s the same as mine.” He pointed over at his ear, “you have the right one and I took the left…don’t you remember?” Junsu noticed the differences and strangeness in her.

 

The moment Junsu showed her the earring on his ear, flashes came through her mind and that caused her felt unbalance and wobbled. She was staring at one point and it scared Junsu. “Liyin, are you feeling sick, are you okay?”

 

She pushed him off her with all her might causing him stepped back. “I’ll be perfectly fine if you’re to leave me alone and stop bothering me. Your presence is my biggest sickness!” Riin hopped into her car and before driving off, she scrolled down the car window, “By the way, my name is Jang Riin…” and she drove off in a great speed leaving Junsu stood still and stared into space.

 

On the way driving home, all of the sudden, she experienced great pain on her head. Abruptly, she stopped the car by the roadside and rested her aching forehead on the steering wheel. The moment Junsu had called out her Chinese name; her heart palpitated extremely fast causing her feeling nausea at the same time. She wasn’t sure to why she would experience such pain and such an awkward feeling as though that man really had something to do in her life. Riin was tired to have any changes in her life anymore, most of all, she was afraid of knowing the truth about the real her.

 

-

 

“Yoochun, are you sure I can be here?” she hesitated to join he and his friend’s dinner.

 

Extending his arm to hers, he smiled “No problem, he’s nice and it was him who wanted to meet you so there won’t be any problem.”

 

As they arrived to the restaurant, the waiter had ushered them towards the seat where their friend was. Looking at the back view of the man as she squinted her eyes, it was familiar to her but she wasn’t sure where have she seen that view. And upon meeting the familiar figure eyes, she was stunned. Never has she thought of meeting the same person for twice in a day, her hand on Yoochun tightened.

 

“What’s wrong,” Yoochun gently withdrew his arm from Riin. “Let me introduce you to my buddy, Kim Junsu. And this is Jang Riin, my girlfriend although it’s still on probation period.” He turned to his friend.

 

“She’s the one you were talking about day and night?” Junsu’s eyes were sparkling as tears entered his hazel eyes. “Jang Riin…”

 

During the dinner, Junsu was a lot quieter than usual and Riin did not talk mush either as only Yoochun who do all the conversations. “Excuse me,” she excused herself to the toilet. Before she could stepped her foot into the toilet, someone pushed against her back causing her almost tripped on her own foot. Fortunately, he stretched out his arm to catch her fall, “I’m sorry…”

 

Recoiling from his arm, she was shocked to see Junsu in the ladies. “Hey, you’re in the wrong washroom do you realize?” almost immediately he slammed her against the washroom tiles as he pressed his lean body against her. “You better stop everything or I’ll scream!”

 

“Scream all you want,” he dared her. “If you’d forgotten about your past, let me tell you bring you back to the time where we first met. Sister Maria brought you home and you live with us ever since then…we share a lot of things in common,” Junsu never stop as he continued telling about her past and within three minutes, her head ached again, both her hands flew up to her temple. He grasped on her wrist bringing it down, “I want you to listen! You weren’t like this in the past, why did you change so much. Money…because of that?”

 

“STOP!!!” she shouted and slowly slid down on the floor. “Stop it already; I don’t want to know anything about the past. I don’t remember!”

 

“Riin…” Yoochun stormed into the washroom to see her squatted down on the tiled floor before Junsu. He was uncertain to what had happened between the two as he walked up to Riin and helped her up, “What’s wrong?” he held on her wrist only to see the bruises, instantly, he turned to Junsu, “What did you do?”

 

“I’m sorry to ruin the dinner, I’ll go home myself, leave me alone,” she shoved Yoochun off and made her way towards the exit. The moment he saw Junsu was about to stop her, he held on his arm and shook his head. “She needs some time alone and we need to talk.”

 

“Zhang Liyin, that was her real name, wasn’t it?” Junsu asked in a low voice as he seated opposite the older man. “Yes…and what does that got to do with you?”

 

“Three years, the girl who I’d been waited for this long was her, Jang Riin.” he turned to Yoochun. “That girl in your dream was the love of my life.”

 

Yoochun was stunned upon knowing the truth. He tried hard to convince himself that he heard it wrongly but to no avail, he can’t avoid the truth. “Riin she was involved in a car accident and lost her memories. That explained the reason to why the person whom you’ve been waiting had not been appearing all these years.”

 

The truth somehow was slowly killing the two men.

 

-

 

“So how is the new outfit?” the designer asked as he seated across Junsu. He shrugged his shoulders, restlessly “Nothing special. Suit me very well, as always.”

 

“Mr. Kim, your hairstylist has arrived,” his assistant informed. The designer turned to him, “You changed your hairstylist?”

 

Shaking his head no, he explained “He’s on leave and this one is only temporary.”

 

“Hi I’m Jang…” she was speechless as her eyes looked up to the person she least want to see at this moment. “You planned this?” she was agitated.

 

“No,” Junsu tried his best in explaining to her. “No, I didn’t know you are a hairstylist,” he lowered his voice. “Give me ten minutes…”

 

“I’m here to work,” she cut her off. “Once I’m done with your head, I will leave.”

 

“Five minutes will do,” he looked into her eyes intently. “Please…” his pleading somehow softened her heart. She can never harden her heart towards those pleading eyes, something she always had done in the past which she doesn’t remember.

 

“Okay,” she looked away and started unpacking her tools, “Now let’s get started with your hair.”

 

After an hour, Junsu’s hair had been styled and as he turned around, Riin looked away, embarrassed as she was caught gazing at him. “Well, you’d promised to give me five minutes.”

 

“I will keep my promise,” she took a seat opposite him and waited for him to say whatever he wanted to.

 

Junsu think for a moment to phrase his words, “Last night, I’m really sorry to create such uneasiness between you two, can you forgive me?” seeing she nodded her head, a sign of forgiving him, he continued. “About the accident, I know about it. Three years ago, the day of the accident at that night, we’d promised to meet at the beach. I guess you were on the way coming and you involved in the accident. Because you’d lost your memories, that’s why you didn’t approach me; keep our promise.” she remained silent and said nothing.

 

Receiving no respond, he brought forward a bouquet of roses. “I bought 12 fresh roses and 1 artificial flower because my love for will wither when the last flower dies.”

 

“Time’s up,” she picked up her bag and made her way towards the elevator lobby. Right at the same time, a familiar figure appeared before the two. “Tiffany…” it had been a long time since Riin last seen her. As she recalled, it was 2 years ago when Tiffany had increased the rental fees causing her moved out from the apartment to Yoochun’s mansion.

 

“Tiffany, you came in a right time,” Junsu pulled her over, “Explain to Riin about her past.”

 

She whirled around to meet her ex-housemate, “Riin ah actually, those debts…it was a lie. I was cheating Yoochun and Junsu’s money. Every month I forced you to pay the rental fees, actually Junsu had been paying for you all this while and I did not reveal the truth to him that you’d lost your memories.” Tears entered her eyes, “you guys would have got married if that accident did not happen. He’d proposed to you and the grass made ring, you lost it during the accident and…”

 

“Shut up,” Riin raised her voice, “I have an appointment in the saloon and we’ll see again later tonight when the musical ends.” she walked very fast towards the lift. Pressing on the button, the gate of the lift closed right before Junsu could stop her. Making her way towards the exit of the theater building, she was oblivious that Junsu was chasing after her and when he turned her around, she almost fall. “How come you’re here?”

 

He had run down from the emergency stairs, “Listen, can you really just move on like this without trying to know about the past?”

 

“Junsu, stop this,” tears were rolling down her face, “Just stop helping me to regain my memory. It’s killing me you know. You told me a lot of things about the past and every time when I tried remembering it, the pain is killing me; I felt suffocated.” She grabbed hold on his red musical coat, “I don’t remember a single thing. Flashes kept haunting me but it was too dark that I could hardly get to see a single thing. What do you want me to do when nothing is coming back but only voices?”

 

He didn’t realize he was going too hard on her and that she’s on the verge of breaking down. “You should go back to the dressing room, look at you. Your hair is in a mess, walking out in this state, people might think you’re insane. Fans might chase after you, go…” she sobbed.

 

-

 

“Riin…” Yoochun held her tight in his arms, “Although I didn’t want to let go of you, but you’re not something I can have forever,” he whispered into her ear. “It’s time to know about the truth, go back to the place where you’re from.”

 

“Yoochun…” she was puzzled, unsure of the meaning behind.

 

Holding on her small hands, he held back his tears. “Tomorrow on, I’ll be out for overseas activities and it’s your birthday. This year I won’t be accompanying you for your 21st birthday. Give Junsu a chance and make things clear and once I’m back, I hope to see the real Zhang Liyin.”

 

“But…” she was startled and hardly gets to form a coherent sentence. “Promise me that you’ll not run away from the truth,” he pecked on her forehead, understanding that this would be the last time he’ll share such a close distance with her.

 

-

 

A week later, on one fine morning, Junsu was awake by the sound of birds chirping. Stretching out his arms he was tired after another busy day in the musical theatre. In another three shows, he would be leaving Korea to Japan again. The early door bell had drawn him towards the threshold of his luxurious penthouse and upon seeing the person stood before him, his eyes widened.

 

“Riin…what brings you here early in the morning,” Junsu asked.

 

Entering his penthouse without thinking much, she grabbed hold on Junsu’s hand to receive a frightened expression on his face. For a second of the day she would find him looked cute and stupid with his innocent face of expression.

 

“I’m here seeking for your assistance,” she stopped for awhile, “to regain my memory, will you help me?” she arched a brow.

 

“Of course…” Junsu grinned, both hands holding on Riin’s. “Wait, there’s something I want to give you.” He led her to his warm bright living room, gently pushing on her shoulder; he made her seated on the leather couch. “I’ll be right back in a minute, wait.” He ran up to his room and as he said, within a minute he came down with something in his palm. “Give me your hand.”

 

Riin hesitated but still stretched out her hand after a moment of thoughts. Revealing the item in his held, it was a ring made of grass. “Can I wear this on your finger?”

 

“Do all you want,” she looked away.

 

“Seven years of love,” he carefully slid the ring onto her marriage finger. “No matter how long it takes, I won’t give up. I’ll use my entire life to make you remember who I am to you” he closed in their distant and pecked on her lips.

 

“Hey…you…” she pulled away, surprised.

 

A mischievous smile crept on his face, he whispered into her ear, “You were the one who said I can do anything I want,” his breathing was tickling her as she tilted her head a little. Looking into his eyes, her face flushed red. Slowly closing her eyes as he pressed his lips on hers, “Jang Riin, I love you for who you are…my love for you will never change…” he murmured.

 

-Flashback-

 

“You’re a moron…”

 

“Yeah, I’m Mr. Moron,” he hugged her tightly in his arms, “And you’re my soon to be Mrs. Moron.” Resting his chin on her head, “Liyin…in two years time, we’ll meet again in the same place, same date, same time.”

 

“And from then on, we’ll never be apart…” she looked up to him.

 

“Mmm,” he nodded his head. Rummaging his hand trough his coat pocket, he took out a blue jewelry box and as he opened, it revealed a pair of blue diamond earring. “Here, you’ll put this on the right and I’ll have the left one.”

 

Riin tittered “Isn’t it enough to tie me down with a ring?”

 

“In case you’ll go for plastic surgery or something…I can still recognize you.”

 

-Flashback ends-

 

She held on her ear feeling the blue diamond earring, “Junxiu gege…”

 

Junsu pulled away from the kiss, “Liyin,” did you remember anything?”

 

“Mr. Moron…the grass made ring, plastic surgery…Sister Maria brought me home and your pants have a hole…” a drop of tear rolled down to her chin, “Junxiu…”

 

A smile washed off the weariness on his face, “Liyin, you remember everything?”

 

She shook her head; “A bit…not all…flashbacks” her lips were quivering.

 

“Liyin,” he carried her up and turned her in circle, “you remember who I am, you remember…”

 

“Stop, I’m feeling dizzy…”

 

“Zhang Liyin, wo ai ni…” he leaned his forehead against hers.

 

“Kim Junsu, sarangheyo…” she pecked on his lips. “Seven years of love; our love is eternally.”

 

The End

 

Presented by Celestine Blue

//Girl in Your Dream//

 

091228