1-4-3

"1-4-3"

 

Oneshot Henry Fanfic

 

 

 

-Posted on: 10 September 2013-

 

-Edit on: 7 March 2014-

 

As I unlocked my calmingly blue-ish locker, I grabbed a couple of thick textbook and closed it back with strong force. I faced the barely empty hallway and gritted my teeth.

 

I’m pissed.

 

If he keep thinking of things as a joke, hell yeah he’s getting the hell out of things today. He doesn’t just disappeared for weeks but what was he thinking by doing that to me? That was almost like a crime and I never once does ‘an almost’ crime in my whole life!

 

I walked my way along the whole way like a freaking king, bursting with confidence. I also stomped whenever I could, letting my pair of high heel boot’s clicking resonant along the way.

 

Just when I thought my sulking was pretty ugly to begin with, I heard the soft melody produced out of the rubbing of a violin. My confident steps stopped.

 

I know exactly where it comes from.

 

I know exactly just who played that beautiful sound.

 

As if I was hypnotized, when I continue through with my journey, my legs become so heavy and so is my determined heart.

 

He’s a bad guy and I hate him for doing this to me.

 

Just how does he manage to do that exactly?

 

But with hard work of sweats, I actually arrived in front of the door that would lead me to the heartwarming melody. I stared at the door for a couple of minutes, glaring at it as if it had just committed the cruelest crime ever. It did.

 

The opaque coloured object also glared at me as if to tell me to back off.

 

I smirked, not in a million years.

 

I admitted I do scare of it but that was pure out of my imagination. Why? Because I was trying so hard on not to ever touch or even thinking of passing through it. Our relationship was a secret though there’s where heaven lied.

 

I breathe in, picking up all of my courage once more and push through the door. Slowly, I closed the door, trying to not make any sound then faced the room.

 

There, just in the middle of the room, stand the coolest guy I’ve ever seen in my whole life, other than Song Jongki and Lee Jongsuk.

 

Henry Lau, my 5 months old boyfriend, with a violin placed just beside his shoulder, played the instrument excitedly yet seriously.

 

For the first time in my life, I’m falling in love with the same guy twice.

 

I watched as his hands moved expertly and gazed at his dark brown orbs as it continuously looking at the violin. He never does that to me, looking at me the whole time as if I had just been so precious.

 

I envy the violin. I hope I can swap place with it just for this moment.

 

When dating, no, scratch that, even when we hang out together, he never once does take me seriously, everything that come out of my mouth he turned it as a joke and although that was once of his charm but sometimes I do wish that he would take me seriously.

 

Truth to be told, I was quite confused with our relationship. I know I said ‘relationship’ but he never mentioned that we’re a couple or that he loves or likes me.

 

We met at school by friends, when out of the blue he got my phone number and asked me out on a date. He was so nice back then, he take care of me so well especially when I just need some company. And that one day, just all of sudden, he brought me to his home, we kissed and BAM, we’re an unofficial couple.

 

I was quite confused at first too, I thought he would said that what we had just done was an accident but then he kissed me again and told me that he miss me so much.

 

Although we’re lacking of exchanging feelings, but I don’t know we both just keep on considering that we both ARE in a relationship.

 

I always wanted to text the words ‘I LOVE YOU’ to him but I don’t be the one who seemed to be leading the relationship, so I’ve always wait for him to say the word. But he never does.

 

I always tried to feed him with jealousy by saying about my ex boyfriends or how a guy, who was actually non-existent keep looking my way in classes. He do get pouty but then the feeling quickly disappeared and turned it into a joke, saying that ‘maybe I got cooties on my face’ or that ‘I was not their type’ or the worst one, ‘I was so annoying them’.

 

I mean hello~, if that was what he actually thinking of me, he can just directly said it to me rather than using that excused with the name of other guys.

 

I don’t mean to bluff but my ex boyfriends still in contact with me just because I’m good looking.

 

No, I was joking but still, the part where I still in contact with my exes wasn’t actually a lie and he knew that too.

 

I always got upset with his respond, when I started to not talked to him, he would started to apologized non-stop and we would make up but then he would do it again minutes after what had just happened.

 

The most annoying things that he always do to me is the time where we would end our text conversation, he will always send me this weird number of ‘1-4-3’

 

I did googled the meaning of it but I only got ‘I Like You’ as an answer. If I was to ask him, I would rather not because you just know how he is with me. I mean, come on, why can’t you just say the words than texting the weird number? It was far more helping than making my life miserable with his puzzle.

 

I was too engrossed in my own thought that I didn’t notice he had actually stopped playing his violin after I heard his chuckled.

 

“I know I’m that hot babe, you don’t need to drool over me like that,” he joked and placed his violin down on the floor.

 

I rolled my eyes upward and make my way toward him, placing my books on top of the brown piano that stand just behind him while he smiled to me as he gulped down a bottle of water.

 

I saw him spreading his arms to me but when I only gave him a glanced, he dropped his hands back to his sides.

 

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “What are you doing here?”

 

I stared into his eyes. Right, I almost forgot why I actually came here in the first placed. Just when I was about to open my mouth to answer him, he cut me off.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be in your classroom? It’s…” he trailed off as he searched for the clock wall. “Registration time.” he finished

 

I crossed my arms, “I’m here to roll on the floor.”

 

Henry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and the silence flows over.

 

I grunted in defeated, “Of course I came to see you, what else does a living things would come here for?”

 

Henry giggled, “That’s a relief. I really had thought you’re going crazy for missing me so much.”

 

“Dream on!” I dared but he continues laughing.

 

“But I’m right though, aren’t you missing me like crazy? Because I did!” Henry grin wider.

 

I stared at him in disbelief and so does he, as if he had just realized what he had just said. That’s the first time in over 3 months that he actually said something that lead my heart to react in a crazy ways again.

 

He cleared his throat and looked away, “I mean, I was just joking.”

 

My face falls, “Really?” I asked in little disappointment.

 

He looks taken aback for a second before he remained silent after that.

 

I let my hands fall freely on my sides and looked at him, “We need to talk.”

 

I caught a surprised expression hit on his face but he quickly recovered it after a second to not let me saw it.

 

“What do you want to talk about?” so suddenly, his playful voice turned into a serious one.

 

I continued looking at him for a few seconds because I had never heard him being so all dead serious on me. Did I do something wrong?

 

I grabbed my book bag and looked up for something while Henry stared at me, waiting patiently.

 

I took out a white paper, “Henry, what the hell is this?”

 

Henry raised a perfect eyebrow, “A white paper?”

 

I sighed, “yeah, but it was not just any plain white paper!” I waved it on his face.

 

He slit his eyes as he tried to see it clearly, “oh, it’s a bill!”

 

“Henry, there’s something written on it, can you please read it out aloud for me?” I requested sarcastically.

 

Henry looked up at me in confusion before he looked closer to read it, “Dear young lady, we were informed that you were supposed to pay for the purchased items as stated above like what we had been instructed by a cute young gentleman. Please feel free to stop by our store the next morning when you’re going to school and paid for purchased items. Thank you.”

 

Henry’s face glowed brightly, “Look, they called me ‘a cute young gentleman’! Assa!”

 

I face palmed my forehead, “Henry, that’s not the point, why the hell did you that?”

 

Henry blinked innocently, “Do what?”

 

I widened my eyes in surprised and disbelief, how did he do that? Pretending as if he really didn’t know about this when he had just claimed that the person stated is him minute ago?

 

I shot out a breath, “I’m asking you, why did you bought the things without paying?”

 

Henry scratched his head, “What did I buy again?”

 

“1 Cookies N Cream flavoured ice cream, 4 Chocolate flavoured ice creams and 3 Vanilla flavoured ice cream,” I quickly answered.

 

He grinned goofily, “I love chocolates.”

 

I smiled, “I know.”

 

I frowned, wait, did I just smiled?

 

I shook my head slightly, “I told you that’s not the point!”

 

Henry pouted, “Okay, fine…” he sighed, “I forgot to bring my wallet.

 

I sighed with slumped shoulders, for once, just for that once I thought he was going to answer me truthfully, look like he didn’t.

 

“Don’t kidding me Henry, I know you, you never left your wallet from your side, not even when you’re taking a bath or is sleeping,” I pointed out.

 

Henry giggled, “Look like my baby really knows me well,”

 

I respond to him with a death glared and he sighed in defeated finally.

 

He spread opened his arms and motioned with his head for me to come near, “come here.”

 

I refolded my arms on my chest again, “No.”

 

He gave the puppy eyes, “Come on, don’t you just miss me? I miss you.”

 

I gave up and walked toward him and get engulfed by him as he embraced me warmly. I keep in mind that I give up isn’t because his puppy eyes but is because the sweet words he finally wanted to admit.

 

“I miss you so much.” He whispered and kissed the crown of my head.

 

I buried my face into his chest, “I miss you too.”

 

I can felt him smiling at my words.

 

“I came to your house that day actually,” he finally said when both of us getting comfortable in each other’s company.

 

“When?” I asked in a frowned.

 

“The day you received the bill.” He truthfully said.

 

I shook my head lightly, “No, you didn’t. I was home that day and I didn’t see you.”

 

“I did and you were home but baby, you’re sleeping.” He stated in a matter of a fact.

 

I thought about it deeply and blushed when I recalled that what he said was exactly true, “My bad.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I was quite disappointed that you weren’t awake to talk to me but watching you asleep are pretty satisfying itself, you’re so cute.” He complimented and I smiled widely.

 

“But aren’t you always said that I’m not pretty?” I asked teasingly.

 

“Since when? If it’s about your ex boyfriends, I only expressed what could be the reasons but I didn’t say so myself that’s you’re ugly, you’re beautiful because you’re mine and it’s their loss if they wanted you back after I got you.” He blabbered and I softly chuckled.

 

I tightened my hug on his thin waist, “But you never said the words though.”

 

He was shut by this and I looked up to see his expression. I pouted, “Why? It’s true, right? You can’t say I’m yours when you don’t even confess to me properly.”

 

His jaws tightened while his face as hard as stone, “So you’re implying that if one of your exes would confess to you, then you would agree to be his girl?”

 

“I don’t mea-,”

 

“If I said the words would you granted me a wish?” he suddenly said as he finally looked deep into my eyes.

 

“Huh?” I asked, confused.

 

“I love you.” he gently gazed at me and muttered the words. My hearts fluttered at the bold confession and my stomach churned.

 

Without I noticed, I smiled to him sweetly, “actually, you don’t need to do that and I would stick with you no matter what.”

 

He smiled boyishly, “No, I always wanted to say it but I’m afraid, I always got discouraged with the thought of you’re not ready with this so I only secretly confessed through numbers.”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, “What do you mean?”

 

“1-4-3, remember? I always texted you that and even the number of the ice creams too!” he tried to remind me.

 

“I noticed that but doesn’t 1-4-3 mean I like you?” I arched up an eyebrow.

 

Henry chuckled cutely, “You silly, 1-4-3 doesn’t only carries the meaning of I like you.”

 

I blinked once, “Then what is it?”

 

“I hate you,” Henry said and I gasped dramatically.

 

He laughed loudly at my reaction, “I’m kidding! It means I love you just specially for you.”

 

I smiled, “I love you too.”

 

“Now, for my wish,” Henry claimed.

 

I opened my mouth, “But I didn’t agre-,”

 

“Stopped contacting your exes.” He requested.

 

I closed my mouth, taken aback, “That’s it?”

 

Henry shrugged, “yeah, what else do you think I want from you? I don’t like it when you smiled as they text you and how you were so dumb not to notice that they were trying so hard to flirt with you.”

 

I pouted sadly, “Did you say I’m dumb?”

 

Henry stared at me before he removes his eyes away and cleared his throat, “sorry, that come out wrong, I’m just- over emotional I guess.”

 

I tilted my head as I watched his cheek blushing, “If that’s what you want then… I’m okay with it.”

 

Henry smiled in satisfaction and pulled me more closer to him, making me to plant my hands on his chest for some distance in between the both of us, “I’m sorry I couldn’t see you as often, I promised you, after this competition is over, I would stick by your side 24 hours no matter whether you’re annoyed or not, I wouldn’t go anywhere until the day you asked for it, which, in other words are a break up but I believe, that would never ever happened because we’ll live together forever until we grew old.”

 

“That’s so lame.” I replied.

 

“But you love it, right?” he guessed and I shamelessly admitted with a simple nodded.

 

He grin happily while he leaned in and before I could catch what he was trying to do, his lips were already on mine.

 

I don’t hesitant to kiss him as my fingers slowly made it way to encircled his neck and pulled him closer. He nibbled on my lips for a couple times, it was when he used that tongue movement that I finally get a grasped of the situation.

 

I distanced my head from him and he looked at me at the sudden loss.

 

“We’re at school, remember?” I told him.

 

He groaned, “Who cares.”

 

Then once again, he caught my lower lips with a simple bite and brought my face closer to him once again.

 

But I’m not that stupid.

 

I once removed my head away but this sneaky guy decided to give up on it and placed a trailing kissed along my jaw to my neck.

 

I sighed in defeat and move away from, grabbing my book from the piano and smilingly looked at him, “I’m going.”

 

He scrunched his nose up and I laughed. He smiled, “Be safe. Just see, this competition going to come to an end in no time.”

 

“I’ll wait. Good luck.” I assured with pumped fist.

 

He pursed his lips to me as a reply and I chuckled before I made my way toward the door.

 

“By the way,” he called out and I turned to him immediately, waiting for him to continue.

 

“Miss me cause I’m already craving you in my hug again, I love you.” he confidently voice out and I smile widely.

 

“I will.”

 

-1-4-3 end-