Live With You Forever

Live With You Forever

“I love you love you love you!” he says to me, eyes simply sparkling genuine. His cheeks filled a pink blush as well. He ends his statement by giving me a peck on the cheek, and I put my arm around him.

“Not that I’m complaining, but, why are you sweeter than usual? I might need to go to the dentist,” I ask grinning, brows playing along my forehead.

“Sounding quite a gentleman with your first phrase,” he says, and I nod. “Which you aren’t at all,” he adds as an afterthought, looking up at me with a smile and I raise an eyebrow. “Kidding!” he says, with a playful tone.

“Well… you never know. Maybe I’d die tomorrow and I just want you to know everything I would’ve wanted you to.”

“Sungmin, you’re not going to die, okay? I won’t allow it. I’ll protect you forever,” my grip on him tightens slightly and he snuggles a little more.

“I know you would.”


Kyuhyun never thought the day would come that he would be standing here in front of their favourite park, on the bench, alone. He remembers like yesterday, everything that has happened. He feels a sting in his heart, a sting that would never stop haunting him.

It was November, then. When Sungmin got the message inside his mail, and now Kyuhyun has the letter in his hands. Feeling the invisible mark Sungmin left on it when his soft hands touched the same thing.

‘Lee Sungmin,
I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience we will have to bring to you.
Your father, as you know, is the President of M&K Co., and it his duty to bring your company always, a sure success.

When there is success, there is also failure.
When your father signed a deal with HyeSun Media, and instead of us, Watsons Co., our company went down. Unfortunately for us, we were already almost close to bankruptcy during that period, so when we lost, we lost everything.
Every single penny.

Your father has already died because of his very fatal illness of cancer.

But not to worry, we shall have our revenge, soon.

Be careful. And, sweet dreams.’

The paper starts to get wet, as Kyuhyun’s tears drop to the piece of frail paper.

“I’m sorry sir, we couldn’t save him. The bullet… the bullet was lodged deep near his chest, and hit very important parts of his body, that well, weren’t able to take the pain,” the nurse informs Kyuhyun, whose hands shake as he listens to the words he’d least want to hear.

“Where is he? I need to get to him! Where is he?!” he asks frantically, the nurse calms him down and leads him to Sungmin’s room.

“I’m sorry, Sungmin. I wasn’t able to protect you,” Kyuhyun managed to say in between his gasps for air. There, he loses it, he releases all the feelings he’s been bottling up, his tears flow freely on his pale cheeks.

Sungmin lies on the bed, motionless. Kyuhyun pushed the hair off of his eyes, he looked peaceful. Beautiful.
His hands go on Sungmin’s shoulders as he cries near Sungmin’s right ear, his face buried on the pillow to muffle his screams.

*
Ryeowook, Yesung and I sang for Valentine’s Day. Ryeowook for Yesung, and vice versa. I sang for Sungmin, his grin wide and eyes mesmerizing. 

At the end of the performance I asked him, “So who sang it the best?” a wide smile spread across my face.

He thinks for awhile and says, “Ryeonggu did!” eyes turning into slits as he runs towards Ryeowook giving him a tight hug and a smile I’d live forever just to see.

“Ryeowook did, huh?” I tease and walk towards him and tickle his waist, his grip on Ryeowook slackens and he begs in mercy for me to stop.

“Okay! Okay! You did, you did!” he says laughing and I stop. He puts his arms around my neck and pulls me down for a kiss, “You did. You will always be the best.”

I smile, I want to live forever with 
you, Sungmin.