Her Personal Filming Guard

Her Personal Filming Guard

“Hyu~n, you ready?”

 

She looked at him as he was fixing his watch on his wrist. “It’s 9. You’ll be late for your filming if we don’t leave now.”

 

“Do you really have to come with me, Oppa?”

“Yes, I already said I’m going with you.”

“Oppa, we had this conversation last night. I thought you agreed to let me go alone since I already complied with your condition. No fair!”

“I changed my mind.” He said with a serious gaze.

 

 

The first thing Yonghwa checked for when Seohyun showed her the Passionate Love script was if there were going to be kiss scenes, like he always does with every offer that she gets. As much as he wanted her to debut as an actress already, since that has been her long time dream, they still have to be very careful in picking her first role. He knows he was being selfish when he didn’t approve on previous offers, but he can’t help it. There were a lot of kiss scenes and he wasn’t mentally ready. And when he apologized, she said “Kwenchana Oppa, I wouldn’t be happy doing it if I know you don’t approve. There’d be no sense making it if the person I want to impress most doesn’t like it in the first place, right?” He was touched, but he felt sorrier with her words. So he vowed, that maybe when the next drama comes, he should be brave enough to let her. He shouldn’t be the one stopping her from reaching her goals.

 

Passionate Love was a great opportunity for her, he knew. Though there were only 4 episodes, he knows it was a good role for her. Han Yoo Rim was basically Seo Joo Hyun, smart, pretty and brave. He had no doubts in her acting skills, if anything, he believes she’s a better actor than he is. But more than that, he was thankful, because he only has to endure 4 episodes of her playing someone else’s lover.  

 

He planned to go with her during their first script reading but he had a sudden schedule so he couldn’t. Seohyun was rather thankful because she knew it will be such a big risk if they were seen together in public.

 

They had already filmed 4 scenes, and this is the 5th she’s doing today. Last night she received a call from the PD-nim informing that there were changes in the script. She was to have a kiss scene with Lee Won Geun. She was surprised…originally there were just going to be holding hands and a kiss on the cheek but the director said it was necessary.

 

She understands the need, and she was willing to do it…but she doesn’t know how to explain it to Yonghwa. He’ll be pissed for sure.

 

When she did tell him, he was more than pissed.

 

“The director tricked us.”

“Eh?”

“How else will you explain this then? Made us believe there’ll only be holding hands and now suddenly announcing a kiss scene?”

“Oppa, if it’s to make the drama better, shouldn’t I just do it? Besides it’s not as if we’re going to do French right? It will just be a peck, I made sure to ask the PD-nim about that. ”

“Fine, do it, but I’m going to the filming set with you.”

“Wae? I would feel uncomfortable doing the scene with you watching.”

“Im going, or you’re not doing it.” He said with finality.

“Aigoo, what can I do to convince you not to?” She was thankful the initial storm was over, his anger was slowly diminishing but she was worried for tomorrow.  He can’t be in the set.

“Well if you kiss me now, I might reconsider.”

“Jeongmal?”

“Depends on your performance…”

Taking the bait, she gave him the most passionate kiss she has learned how to give, reciprocating every move of his lips and tongue, biting and . They kissed until their lips were both red and bruised.  She ended up not just giving him a kiss, but more than that…so much more than that.

 

 

They were in the car. “Should you really do this?”

“Yes.”

“You said it will hurt you seeing me kiss another guy, and yet you will be watching me film. I didn’t know you’re a masochist Oppa.” She gave up and just focused on putting gloss on her lips, pouting and pursing them together. She regretted her actions immediately, when they were in a red light, he grabbed her neck and pulled her for a long kiss, all her gloss away and biting her lower lips.

 

When she can finally breathe, she said “Ah jeongmal Oppa! At this rate Im going to have bruised lips again and it won’t look good on camera.”

“Well that’s the plan. Bruise your lips so you don’t have to film that.” He said rather smugly.

“Ah cham!”

 

As they arrived at the set, Yonghwa reached to hold her hand. He was aware of the stares, and the ‘o’ shaped mouths, Seohyun felt conscious. He didn’t.  He wanted to let everyone know  that  Seo Joohyun’s hands were his to hold, that he was her man, especially that guy, Lee Won Geun. He seemed to be not around yet. She tried to unclasp their intertwined hands but he wouldn’t let go.  Instead he pulled her to where the staff and the other cast were gathered and greeted them with a bow.

“Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Oh annyeonghaseyo Jung Yonghwa-ssi. What brings you here?” Was a very stupid question to ask, the staff realized that when the director nudged him on the side.

“Ahm, I just wanted to congratulate you on your new project Bae Taesub ssi. I have read the script and the plot is interesting.”

“Oh thank you, our writer is good. And we have a good set of actors too.” He smiled and glanced at Seohyun then back to Yonghwa “By the way, congratulations on your new drama as well. Kwon Gye-Hyeong is a good friend of mine.”

“Kamsahamnida.”

“Ahm, Oppa, coordi unnie  needs to fix my make up.” She cut in when she had the chance to speak.

“Ah de, I’ll just be in the corner.”

The director noticed Seohyun’s use of  banmal. He smiled to himself as he nodded to Yonghwa when the younger man asked to be excused.

 

 

Yonghwa settled himself in a plastic chair at one corner, acknowledging people’s greetings from time to time. He played with his phone until he saw Seohyun come out from her dressing tent. He thought she was going to him but she was approached by a young man.
 

“Seohyun-ah! Annyeong.”

“Oh Won Geun chingu. Annyeong.” She greeted. WooGeun chingu? And wait, did she just speak banmal to him? It took her 2 years to speak banmal comfortably with me.

“You just came?” she asked

“Ne. Did you prepare well for our scenes today?”

“I think we practiced enough, didn’t we Hyu~n?” In a matter of seconds Yonghwa was behind Seohyun.  She blushed at the indication of his comment.

Lee Won Geun too, felt embarrassed at the realization that Jung Yonghwa was in front of him, trying to mark his territory.

“Oppa.”

“What? We rehearsed your lines so many times I can do his parts flawlessly already.”

“Is that so? Please don’t try to steal my role sunbaenim.” Won Geun laughed at his own joke. Yonghwa merely smiled.

“Oppa, this is Won Geun chingu. Won Geun, meet Yonghwa oppa.” The chingu is really starting to hurt his ears.

“Nice to meet you sunbaenim. I’m a fan of CNBLUE.”

“Jjinjayo? Thank you Won Geun ssi. ”

“Oh please speak comfortably sunbaenim.” Yonghwa has to admit the kid was actually nicer than he imagined. But his possessive self just couldn’t fully trust him, yet.

 

They were interrupted by the director’s call.  “Camera rolls in 10, please Seohyun ssi, Won Geun ssi in your positions.”

 

“Fighting Babe!” She just smiled.

 

 

They did the first scene in one take. They just had to narrate what Love is in front of the camera. Seohyun thought she’d be too embarrassed in front of Yonghwa but surprisingly, she did well. They were given 10 minutes to retouch and they’ll have to do her last scene for the day. She immediately went to Yonghwa who was clapping his hands.  

“How did I do?”

“Great! I took pictures.”

“Aish, can I see then?” He showed her his phone.

“Eww, I look weird.”

“What is weird?”

“I don’t know, my eyes look weird in that. Should I ask to retake? ”

“Hmm, this looks good to me.”

“Jeongmal? You’re not just trying to compliment me are you?”

“When did I ever lie to you about looking good?”

“Ah cham, alright then. My 10 mins is up. Bye.”

 

 

This was it. They were finally preparing to film his most dreaded part. There were no lines, they just needed to do it.

 

“I just need to touch it right?” Seohyun shyly asked.

“Ne, 2-3 seconds will be enough. Ready?”

“Ne!” The actors replied in unison.

“Chingu, let’s do this in one take, ne?” She whispered.

“Deh. Let’s.”

 

They were ready, they had their eyes closed, and they were slowly inching toward each other’s face, until they heard a loud cough…Everyone turned to the source of interruption, no other than Jung Yonghwa.

“I’m Sorry. Please continue.”

And so they did. Until the same thing happened. This time, it wasn’t a cough, but more like a grunt.

Won Geun spared a glance and was scared at the way Yonghwa was staring. If looks could kill, he’ll lie dead.

 

Seohyun shot him an all knowing stare. He shot back a “what?”.

 

“Excuse me, PD-nim, but can you give us another 5mins break please?” She knows she wasn’t in any position to request that but her boyfriend was obviously making things hard for everyone on the set. She just needed to give him a short talk.

“Deh sure. Everyone come back in 5.”

 

She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the dressing tent that she shared with another actress.
 

“OK what was that about?”

“What?”

“Yah stop playing innocent or I’ll ask them to kick you out of the set. You’re making my  co-actors uncomfortable.”

“Your nostrils are flaring.”

“Ah cham, go home! Don’t you dare ruin my filming because of..”

“I love you.”

“..your stupid jealousy Oppa.-----what?”

“Im very jealous right now. You called him chingu.”

“But that’s only because we’re same aged.  He was born a day before me.”

“How do you even know the details of  his birthday?”

“Of course I had to search about who Im going to work with.”

“Did you look me up then, too?”

“I already told you before that I always searched about you.”

“Ok, but you speak banmal to him.”

“Again, we’re same aged, I don’t have to be formal with him.”

“But…it took you too long to speak comfortably to me…”

“Aigoo. We’re going round in circles.”

“That’s because…how can you be so close when you just met a few days ago!”

“Ah cham…” she did the only thing she knew would definitely shut him up. She kissed him hard, not stopping to even give him time to breathe. She loves his jealousy, but sometimes his insecurities were becoming very annoying.

 

“Don’t you dare kiss him like that or I’ll burn his lips.” He uttered.

“I might just do if you don’t stop making angry noises and disturbing the filming.” She moved back a little and looked him in the eyes, “I love you okay? If you didn’t make such interruptions, filming would have been over minutes ago and we could have gone home to Dubu. But no, you chose to be a choding.”

“Fine, do it quickly and let’s go home.”

“That’s my understanding namja.” She patted his hair like an omma does to her kid.

 

After that, the filming went rather peacefully, they took it in one take where Seohyun took the initiative. If she  waited for Woo Geun, it might take them till morning. The boy sure got scared, he wouldn’t dare come near her. LOL

 

They  were watching the clip and Seohyun herself wasn’t satisfied with how it looked. They were rather stiff, doesn’t look natural.

“PD nim, shouldn’t we do a retake?  Is this good enough?” By her own standards, it wasn’t good enough. She was being her perfectionist self again.

The director already said it’s perfect, why would you want a retake? Yonghwa asked silently.

“Ne it’s great Joohyun ssi. Thank you for your good work. Everyone that’s all for today.”

 

Before they left, Yonghwa approached Lee Won Geun


“What is it sunbaenim.” The younger man stuttered.

“Ahm, I’ll give Joohyun a copy of CNBLUE cd to hand to you next time.” He said with a smile.

“Oh jjinjayo? Kamsamnida sunbaenim!”

 

When they were in the car on the way home, Seohyun leaned in to kiss him but he turned his head so only his  cheek touched her lips.

“Wae?”

“Don’t kiss me with those lips that kissed another guy. Wait  until you go home and wash them with alcohol 10x.” He said playfully.

“Ah cham. Fine then, wait till we get home. You’re not getting any. Hmf.”

“Yah, I only meant it as a joke.”

“You dare refuse me? No will do.”

 

 

He was in Guangzhou for Bluemoon when he read messages from his SM friends about Seohyun’s kissing scene in the drama preview. They were having fun teasing him about it. And he could only laugh. Why?

 

He saw how the kiss was shot. And he can say it wasn’t any close to a good kiss at all.

Ha ha ha ha!

That was why he was all smiles at the airport, gaining surprised looks from his dongsaengs. They know he saw the teaser already and they were expecting him to be all sulky and sad. He was far from being sad and sulky. He was just so eager to fly back to Korea knowing his girl was back earlier that morning, and probably now waiting up for him with Dubu. =)

 

 

 

 

AN: OK, so this ended up longer than I planned haha. I know some Seomates are still heartbroken about Joohyun’s kiss scene, I’ll be very honest, I was too. I even cried, literally. I want Yonghwa to be the only man she kisses but what can we do? She took the first step towards being an actress, she’ll never grow if she can’t do a simple scene like that right? Besides, the Seo JooHyun I know will NEVER let a stranger take her first kiss on a drama. I’m sure she has done more than kissing with Yonghwa, LOL. Kidding.