Final

I Like You Too

Sehun doesnt see you. He doesnt see anyone.

In fact, all he sees is the tiny portable iPad screen infront of his face. He's either on his phone contacting his group of friends, playing games between class, or at home sitting on his laptop. It wasnt that he was addicted, but rather he couldnt leave the world of social networking. He wasnt used to contact with others except with the boys who played video games with him, his older hyungs anyway. At school, he kept conversatoins to a minimum, and rarely did he ever smile. It was hard to show emotions other than anger or dissatisfaction. this all summed up to the terrible problem that you had a crush on him since middle school. It was hopeless, you knew.

There were endless times when you tried to get Sehun to notice you. Maybe a new headband, a good score on an exam, a goal on the soccer field. the results came out as nothing. Sehun continued throughout the years in silence, excpet for a few greetings here and there, or a short conversation forced during group projects. The problem was, deep inside Sehun's mind, he hated it. He wanted to say more, wanted to speak up, yet nothing would come out of his mouth that sounded right.

----

"Hey. Let's go see a movie."

He slapped himself across the face, staring into his bathroom mirror at home. Quickly, he spinned around and changed his facial expression. 

"Uhm, do you want to go on a date? But as friends, not as dates, I mean it is a date-"

He went through a list of phrases, coming out with no more than awkward introductions.

 

"IF you like her, why not just ask her out?" Jongin pointed out so obviously in the library. During the reading week, Sehun blatanly confessed to his friends he like someone, someone her barely spoke to. It wasnt a surprise to him. They offered as much advice as possible, each with different opinions.

"First, you have to be smooth. Ease her into the conversation," Chanyeol offered.

"No, you have to flirt! Be open, be honest," Baekhyun nodded.

"Cook her something, offer them after school, maybe cookies," Kyungsoo said.

None of these ideas were good enough for Sehun. How would he know? Mybe he should send you a text. He did have your number from a previous group project. He never could stop staring at the way you smiled. In all honesty, it's what he thought about before bedtime. How he wished he could get away from his electronics and be more open to actual people.

 

To: Jihae

Hey Jihae. I need to ask you something

 

Press send you idiot, he thinks. Its past 11 PM, which meant most of the students would be awake studying. 

Press. Send.

Sehun stared at his phone for the longest time, lying on his back in a tank top and pajama bottoms. Could he just get over himself this once? He rolled over to take a deep breath, and while his palm pressed down on the mattress, his thumb pressed send.

"."

 

You didnt reply to his text for a while. Your desk was crowded with two textbooks and a couple of open notebooks. Across the room your text tone went off. "Later" you mutter.

As 23 minutes passed and Sehun still hasnt gotten a reply from you, he hopped immediately onto the computer for a round of starcraft. 2 AM, and hes back down on the bed. Still no reply.

"Maybe she's asleep already..."

He thought, with his eyes glued to the ceiling until he ended up falling asleep himself. In the morning before school, you still havent replied.

 

----

 

"Sehun-ssi," you tapped his shoulder nervously. Before that night, you read his text. Why would he contact you out of the blue?

'Oh, Jihae, yeah, uhm hello" She's actually talking to me

He nervously twiddled his thumbs on the desk as you sat in the empty seat beside him. 

"Sehun...what was it you wanted to ask?"

He blinked, realising he hadnt paid attention in the whole 3 minutes you had been talking.

"Uhm..." Baekhyun turned the corner of the classroom, and winked at you from the door.

"Jihae... If you arent busy this Saturday...I'd like to..."

"Like to?" You were almost shaking, what was Sehun trying to say?

"You know...we could...watch something together. Like a movie. At the movie theatre."

"A movie...with you?" Were you already rejecting him already? Was he that distant?

"Fine. Whatever." He turned away, and you were taken back by his sudden behaviour.

"Sehun, I never answered."

"Oh. Oh! Okay well, whats your answer?" he blurted.

"Id love to go to the movies with you," you nodded, a little too happily. 

She said yes. He started to sweat.

"Is it just us?"

"Just...us...."

A few girls behind you two whisper something and giggle. When Sehun gave the a hard glance, they quickly retreated outside the classroom. Sehun took a deep breath and mustered up all the courage he had.

"Which way is your house?"

 

----

 

By the time Sehun and you reached the front porch, you've probably said a thouand words a minute about the most random ever. Sehun didnt mind. He didnt want to do a lot of talking. He loved listening to you, something he's kept a secret for a while.

"Well, we're here," you stopped walking.

"Oh. You have a nice house."

"It is my home," you chuckled nervously.

"Bye Sehun, I'll see you Saturday," you nodded, turning to face him. You look up at his Stoic expression, which suddenly flashed a hint of gentleness. Your heartbeat increased dramatically with that.

"Bye Jihae. I'll be over at 6. No, 7. No just... I'll text you later about it." He nodded politely and was about to leave when he remembered Chanyeol's words. 'Be smooth.' Sehun took a deep breath, all the way from his stomach to his lungs and his throat. He lifted his long arm and pulled the side of your hair behind your ear. He'd seen Baekhyun do this before, so hopefully it would work the same way. 

"Dont forget about our date," he whispered in a low voice. It was so out of character that he speedwalked away leaving you behind blushing and shocked.

"I cant believe what I just did!" he shouted when he thought you were out of range. Little did he know, your window faced the street where he was standing and you were feeling just the same, rolling around in your bed squealing. "Oh Sehun... OH SEHUN!" You giggled and hid your face in the pillow when your phone vibrated.

 

From: Sehun

To: Jihae

Sorry about that. Its not my forte

 

From: Jihae

To: Sehun

Its okay. I wont forget, Sehun!"

 

From: Sehun

To: Jihae

You looked pretty today. Wear your hair down more often

 

And with that, Sehun sighed and dropped his phone on the floor. 

"Should've kissed her," Baekhyun side glanced him from the couch.

"Shut up," he threw a pillow.

 

THE END

COMMENTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!

 

PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE THIS STORY IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION