Final

Library

Yixing looked at Jiali with full admiration and love. Instead of listening to the teacher’s lecture, all his attention went to the petite girl sitting next to him.

The way how she was concentrated during class fascinated him. When her brows would furrow as she becomes confused made him chuckle. Her tongue that stood out, by habit, as she was solving a problem amused him.

Yu Jiali, the girl he fell for the moment he saw her when he walked in class on the first day of school.

Lucky for him, they weren’t sitting in the very front, but not too far from the board either. At this special spot, the teacher wouldn’t notice his inattention to the lecture. In fact, he was a little hidden by the classmate who sat in front of him, letting him take in every second the image of this beautiful girl he had been crazily head over heels for.

Feeling a gaze on her, after what seemed an eternity for Yixing, Jiali finally turned her head, facing the boy beside her. She frowned a little, scolding him for not listening with her eyes, although she tried to suppress her smile.

Not really getting the message, Yixing’s smile got wider, and playfully tapped her nose. He silently chuckled as Jiali grimaced cutely.

Yixing took a look at the teacher who was busy writing some formulas on the table. Taking the chance, he quickly leaned in a peck on Jiali’s left cheek, gaining snickers from the students behind the two. Yixing slightly tilted his head, with a bright smile still evident on his face, while Jiali blushed in a bright red color. Not bothering about the teacher anymore, this time Yixing went for her lips. Slowly, he approached. Jiali could feel his ticklish breath on her skin. A very few centimeters until their lips would touch and—

 

 “Alright, class dismissed!” Yixing heard the teacher’s loud voice booming in the classroom, waking him up from his little daydream. He quietly groaned. Why he always has ruin at the moment, he inwardly thought.

Although he felt a little unhappy, Yixing’s eyes quickly looked for the figure he had longed for so long. A sigh escaped from his lips when he saw her quickly leave the class, without even sparing a glance at him.

`

 

“Zhang Yixing!” Shaken from his trance, the loving boy sat back up straight, and confusedly turned to his friends. Looking at them with innocent eyes, he tilted his head a little. Both his friends rolled their eyes, and shook their heads.

“Yixing, you should totally ask her out. I mean, look at you!” a boy whose eyes were round and pretty, named Luhan, advised him. “You’re practically drooling just by watching her!”

“Totally agree with him.” Yifan, but preferably called by his English name, Kris, the one with dark brown locks with a fierce, yet handsome, looking face, approved the latter’s words.

Hearing their comments, Yixing looked at his books, with an undecided look. “But we’ve never really talked…” His head bobbed back up and his eyes were back on the female figure he had been watching the whole break. “She might as well reject me.”

Kris let out a laughing snicker, once again rolling his eyes. Luhan glared him and patted the worried latter’s shoulder. “In the last group assignment, she seemed pretty nice to you.” The gentle boy tried to comfort, “She might as well like you, we never know?”

Yixing pouted, “That’s the problem. We never know!”

Later, just as the bell rang, the three best friends stood up from the table and headed to their classes. On their way, they had a few, no scratch that, many admirers fawning over their looks and walking right behind to catch glimpse of the boys.

Compared to his best friends, Yixing was more average looking. When standing beside them, he definitely wouldn’t stand out, although when alone, he did have his own particular charm.

`

 

Arriving a little earlier than he usually does, Yixing got to his math class and quickly scanned through the room to find one special girl. Quickly spotting her, he smiled to himself when he saw the empty sit next to her.

Today, he was going to make sure to let her know of his feelings. Whether it’ll end happily for him, or not, he decided that he couldn’t stay stuck on his for the rest of the term when he had to see her four out of five school days.

Keeping his posture, Yixing casually walked to Jiali and took the sit beside her. Feeling a presence next to her, she lifted her head up a little from the textbook, and took a look at the student who took the place on her left. Her eyes widened a little, as it was unusual for Yixing to take a place in such front seat, and less beside her.

Also feeling a little nervous, Yixing awkwardly smiled. Although mentally, he would’ve beat himself up for giving such creepy smile but seeing Jiali smile back at him; that had made his day perfect already.

The teacher walked in and Jiali’s attention immediately turned to the entering man. Yixing’s smile’s flattered a little, and imitated her.

After almost half of the class, Yixing’s eyes lighted up as he smiled to himself as he thought he got a genius idea. Making sure the teacher wouldn’t see him as he had his back turned to the class; Yixing quickly passed a note to the girl who sat next to him. Surprised by the little piece of paper neatly folded, Jiali curiously unfolded the note and looked at the message.

*Hey! Can you help me with math later? Meeting at the library?* the paper read. A small blush appearing on her face, she stared at the paper for a little while. Though, a little too long to make Yixing think that she would reject him.

Finally looking at the boy on her left, Jiali showed a little smile as she nodded.

The nervous lip biting that Yixing had earlier turned into a bright smile. As he couldn’t keep his little contentment to himself, he accidently let out a loud whispery “YES!”

Hearing what a fellow student exclaimed, the teacher turned around, looking straight at Yixing, who quickly covered his mouth with his hand after his little shout. “Is something wrong, Student Zhang?” the older man professionally asked the younger one. Embarrassed from his little exclamation earlier, Yixing stood up to respond while shaking his head, “Nothing, I’m sorry Teacher.” and quickly sat back, with a bright red ears from embarrassment.

As Yixing sat back down, he heard a little giggle on his right, making his head turn to the origin of the melodic sound. The scene of Jiali laughing made him crack a smile as well. That made two reasons for why today was a great day now. Her smile and her laugh, what more could he ask for.

`

 

Yixing stood in front of the library, nervously pacing back and forth, as his best friends were looking at him; Luhan holding his fist pumping him good luck, as Kris lazily stood against the wall with a bored expression.

 "Why did I pass her that note again?" Yixing cried as he jumped, trying to release his nervousness.

"Obviously because you like her." Kris sighed and put his hands on both Yixing's shoulders. "Look here, Zhang Yixing. You can do this, be a man." he seriously advised the latter, without blinking until Yixing finally let out a deep breath. He nodded with a determined face and turned toward the library doors. "I can do this!"

As Yixing disappeared behind the doors, Kris chuckled to himself, mentally rooting for his friend. Turning around, he got surprised by a widely-smiling Luhan, although described as creepy if asked for Kris' opinion. "What?" His usual cold expression came back the moment he knew what Luhan will say.

"You're not a bad friend, after all. Wu-Yi-Fan~" Luhan laughed, holding his thumbs up, approving the latter's earlier attitude. In exchange, Kris once again rolled his eyes and smirked.

Without a reply, Kris walked forward toward his locker, leaving a frowning Luhan, although it quickly became a shrug and followed him quickly behind with a bright adorable smile plastered on his face.

 

In the meantime, Yixing took a long breath with every step he took since he passed the entrance of the library. His eyes were locked on the petite feminine figure in the back, near the big windows of the room.

Finally about a meter away, Jiali noticed his presence and gave him a smile. Yixing swore he could've fainted right this moment. If he wasn't in this room of quietness, he would've shouted his happiness right this moment. However, with his little sanity left, he quickly took a sit in front of her and casually got his math notebook out.

"So what did you need help for?" Jiali politely asked, leaning forward to take a look at his notes. Yixing could smell the subtle perfume of a fruity fragrance, one he came to adore over the past year. "I- uh,.." To be honest, he didn't need up at all. Due to his nervousness, he forgot to prepare a random mathematical equation. "This- This one. I still can't understand how to do the derivative in this problem."

Jiali nodded as she read the textbook, "Ah, this one is easy." she commented, mentally thanking the teacher to have explained this problem earlier.

As she began to explain how to move the numbers, Yixing took the chance to take a closer look at her face that he'd call angelic. Smiling to himself, he imagined how it would be like to freely depose his lips on her soft cheek.

"Yixing! Yixing!" Jiali frowned as she waved her hand before Yixing's eyes. Waking up from his daydream, Yixing blushed, noticing the awkward situation.

"Ah, ah! Yes, thank you. You're a big help." he blinked away although he had heard nothing of what she said earlier. On her side, Jiali secretly smiled to herself when she saw that his head was facing the desk. It wasn't the first time she saw him lost in his thoughts, and she had to admit, Yixing was very cute whenever he was like that.

After a moment, both were diligently working on their respective homework, although Yixing stole a few glances at the female in front of him here and there.

The silent took up the two. We could hear the scribbling on papers from both side in the quiet room.

As Yixing was starting the get bored from this intellectual work, he ripped off a page from his notebook and started to draw random scribble on it. His boredom was definitely taking over him, but he didn't want to leave yet, especially not when Jiali was still there.

Hearing fast motions and quick pencil drawing noises, Jiali slightly lifted her eyes to take a look at what her fellow classmate was doing.

"You draw well." she commented. Surprised by her voice, Yixing's eyes rounded and quickly hid his paper under his arm. With a frown, Jiali cutely pouted, "What is there to hide? Your drawing was pretty."

Yixing's face was turning crimson red as she kept complimenting his drawing. If she took a good look at what he was drawing, she wouldn't be saying such words.

"Can I see it?" she asked, tilting her head as she attempted to see his artwork.

Yixing shook his head, "No, it's nothing really. It was only scribbles, nothing special." he gave out lame excuses, but Jiali still wouldn't believe him and insisted to see what he was drawing.

"I- You won't like it." Yixing replied, but Jiali was being even more persistent.

As he finally gave up after a few arguments, Yixing reluctantly showed his drawing, or should we call a portrait. Jiali's mouth slightly opened, seeing the quickly done artwork. Her eyes were mesmerized by the fine details he managed to do despite the short amount of time spent on the drawing. It took her a while to realize who the person on his paper was.

"That's me?" she asked, but mentally slapping herself at the obvious. Yixing awkwardly scratched his head and nodded. "I was being bored, and I just th-" he tried to explain, always keeping his eyes on the table, but Jiali cut him short. "It's beautiful."

Surprised by her comment, once again, Yixing lifted his head and saw the smile her wore, which made him smile as well. Jiali bit her lip, although her eyes were still on Yixing's. Both two looked like two loving fools, if you were to ask an outsiders.

Yixing took a deep breath, feeling his confidence coming up. He knew he shouldn't be missing this chance, especially if the moment felt so right.

"I like you." he blurted, which surprised Jiali.

It was as if she forgot how to blink. She stared at him with her big round eyes for long seconds. Seeing her reaction, Yixing felt like a coward. He shouldn't have done it. He was inwardly scolding himself until, he saw a book quietly sliding before him. Jiali shyly put the red, hard covered, book on the table.

Curious, Yixing rose an eyebrow. He pointed the book, at him, and back at the book. Jiali nodded, indicating him that he could open it.

Anticipating on why she just suddenly handed him this book, Yixing opened to the first page. A cute handwriting that he could easily recognized welcomed him.

While he read the first line, Jiali felt her cheeks burn up and her hands made their way to her face.

Yu Jiali's high school love life
Today, I think I met him. It think I can finally understand those fairytales about love, the people that say they fell in love at first sight. I used not the believe, but now I do. His cute dimples, his frizzle hair, his pretty eyes, his cutely-shaped lips, ... I could go on for pages and pages. This boy I met today. His name was Zhang Yixing. I think.. I might have fell in love with him.

Reading her first entry, Yixing was surprised by her confession. He turned pages after pages, as his mouth fell open. Was his dream coming true? He closed the book abruptly, and lifted his head. Seeing his sudden actions, Jiali began to worry.

In a flash, Yixing's dimples showed and give her his best smile, making her smile back at him.

"Then I guess you wouldn't mind if I ask another question?" Jiali titled her head, having no clue of what he was talking out.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She laughed. Of course, what could she expect. She smiled and nodded.

 

Well, that was the beginning of the journey of the sweet couple; Zhang Yixing and Yu Jiali.

~~~~~~

ugh, the fluff in this. i'm sorry.
i-- yixing is so ruining my bias list. i love him now, haha♥