Chapter One: The Boy In The Iceberg

Avatar: Legend of Sehun

Junmyeon sighed staring at the surprisingly not iced over waters, his brother ignoring him and complaining over hunting or fishing or other to himself. With a grim annoyed expression he watches the water and saw how it moves, so peaceful and quiet. The teenager smiled contently and looked up at his brothers.

Junmyeon's brother, Zitao a teenage boy, had a partly shaven head with his other hair an odd shade of red which was unheard of in the South Pole, where they resided. Ziao's hair sticks up in a few different directions and under his eyes were little dark bags in which resembled a panda, making him look much more intimidating then he really was. He stands in the canoe staring at the water. Junmyeon glances down at the water, his brother with his spear at the ready. Junmyeon though older than Zitao by two and a half years was much smaller in height to his dismay. Junmyeon was a slim and lanky build with black hair in natural curls. Everything about him and his brother were different including complexion however the only thing they shared was their bright blue Water Tribe eyes. The two boys wore both blue overcoats. The canoe drifted slowly as the younger boy concentrated on fishing. Junmyeon notices that the fish his brother is trying to catch is not the only one, on the other side of the boat, close to where Junmyeon was seated, was a very healthy sized fish.

“It's not getting away from me this time. Watch and learn, Junmyeonie. This is how you catch a fish.” Zitao said giving the fish a death stare not even realizing had impolite that could have been taken by anyone other than his older sibling. Junmyeon rolled his eyes exuberantly and leans to the side of the boat where the stray fish resided.

The elder hesitantly removes his left glove. And while taking a deep breath with a look of trepidation began to move his hand. Suddenly, a globe of water containing the fish bursts out of the water.

Junmyeon's eyes widened and the boy beamed. “Tao! Look!”

Zitao with his eyes still on the fish, shushed his brother and whispered urgently. “Shhh. Hyung, you're gonna scare it away. Mmmm... I can already smell it cookin'!”

Junmyeon narrowed his eyes but keeping them locked on the globe of water trying to keep it from falling apart especially since the clueless fish was still inside. “Tao! Turn around! I caught one!”

The elder struggled with the blob of water and it floats closer to Zitao, who raises his spear to strike the fish completely ignoring his hyung. When the young hunter cocked his arm back he burst the bubble of water, the fish landing in the sea and swimming to safety.

Junmyeon gulped staring at his soaking wet brother apologetically.

“Oops...sorry TaoTao...”

Tao stared at his hyung blankly, still trying to understand what happened. After about twenty seconds of staring into thin air Zitao blinked and glared at the 19 year old. “Ugh! Why is it that every time you play with magic water I get soaked? And don't call me TaoTao!”

Junmyeon opened his mouth to defend his talent but Zitao stopped him before he could say anything.

“Yeah, yeah, It's an ancient art unique to our culture, blah blah blah. Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself.”

Junmyeon's eyes widened. “You're calling me weird?”

Zitao turned to look in another direction away from his brother as if he knew that he had already won the fight.

“I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water.”

Zitao's eyes widened as he stops exactly what he was about to do. Then suddenly the boat is bumped, they look up to see they have entered an ice packed area. They begin to work frantically to maneuver the canoe between the icebergs.

“Ahhh!”

“Watch out! Go left! Go left!”

They maneuver the canoe as it threaded its way through the ice pack. Icebergs collided all around them. Each time they managed to avoid getting crushed between the colliding icebergs, but their safety margins decreased rapidly each time. Finally the canoe is crushed when three icebergs collide at once. The siblings jump out in time onto one of the icebergs. They are now at the mercy of the currents as they stand in the ice field.

Taking deep breaths trying to control his breathing Junmyeon stares at his brother. “You call that left?”

Zitao raised an eyebrow. “You don't like my steering?” The boy began to move his arms over his head and started dancing oddly. “Well, maybe you should have waterbended us out of the ice.”

The siblings continued to bicker completely unaware of the gigantic iceberg approaching their small one from the behind.

“So it's my fault?!” Junmyeon half-yelled incredulously.

“I knew I should have left you home. Leave it to a girly boy to screw things up.”

Junmyeon very sensitive about his masculinity scowled at his younger sibling.

“You are the most disrespectful, immature, nut brained...”

With every second that the elder got more excited, the iceberg on which they were sitting began to heave. Suddenly the huge iceberg behind their own cracked.

“Ugh, I'm embarrassed to be related to you! Ever since Mom died I've been doing all the work around camp while you've been off playing soldier!”

Zitao's eyes widened as he looked at the cracking iceberg behind his hyung. “Uh... Hyung?”

“Don't 'Hyung' me! I even wash all the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Let me tell you, NOT PLEASANT! I play the woman of the household when you go off with you spear and do what!? NOTHING!”

“Hyung! Calm down!”

“No, that's it. I'm done helping you. From now on, you're on your own!”

By the end he is screaming. As he finished, the iceberg behind him splits open entirely. It disintegrated and the major pieces fell into the water, pushing their iceberg away. The two of them hold on desperately until the iceberg settled.

Zitao let's out the breath he had been holding and looks at his older brother. “Okay, you've gone from weird to freakish, Hyung.”

Junmyeon stared in front of him and blinked slowly. “You mean I did that?”

Zitao sighed and looked in his hyung's direction. “Yup. Congratulations.”

They both were leaning over the edge of the iceberg raft. Suddenly, the water just in front of them began to glow an incandescent blue. They moved backwards on their raft as another, lighter colored iceberg breaks the surface. It was unclear to them whether that was part of the one Junmyeon broke up. As the new iceberg settled, Junmyeon walked to the edge of their iceberg raft to get a better look. Deep in the ice, Junmyeon could see the figure of a boy in a meditation pose. It had white arrows on the fists. Suddenly, his eyes glowed and his arrow markings glow white. His hair with Junmyeon had noticed before had also begun to glow the same shade of white.

Junmyeon gasped and stared at the sphere. “He's alive! We have to help.”

Turning quickly to his brother, Junmyeon with quick hand grabbed his short thick war stick and put up his hood and ran to the boy.

“Hyung! Stop! We don't know what it is! What if it's dangerous?!”

The elder ignored him and skipped across a few little icebergs to arrive at the one in which the boy was trapped, Zitao following him in fear of his brother getting hurt or being in possible danger. He begins to use the war stick to whack the ice. After a few big whacks, he cracked open the ice. It air gets released as soon as the breach is made, as if the iceberg had a hollow chamber within it. The iceberg then cracked from top to bottom and exploded open.

A huge shaft of white blue light shot straight into the heavens.

 

A;LOS


An iron hulled battleship with a spiked prow cutting through the sea . It was apparently steam powered as it has a single smokestack is also nearly. The foredeck was much longer than the afterdeck. The bridge appeared to be several decks above the main deck.

On the foredeck stood a young man dressed in red, his hair bleached blonde in order to distract people who met him from...other features. He stood staring intently at the shaft of light in front of the ship. His face was illuminated by the shaft of light making the severe burn scar on the left of his face by more prominent. The light slowly dissipates. The man's name was Yifan. Prince Wu Yifan of the Fire nation. The Duizhang.

The boy of nineteen smirked at the light. “Finally.” The young man turned to his Uncle Jaesang who was seated cross legged at a low table, drinking tea and playing a game involving domino like objects. “Uncle, do you realize what this means?”

“I won't get to finish my game?” he said sarcastically.

“It means my search - it's about to come to an end.”

Jaesang groaned at Yifan.

The young man glared at his Uncle's action. “That light came from an incredibly powerful source. It has to be him!”

“Or it's just the celestial lights. We've been down this road before, nephew. I don't want you to get too excited over nothing. Please, sit. Why don't you enjoy a cup of calming jasmine tea?”

Yifan exploded in anger and yelled at his uncle, his eyes turning red instead of his usual gold. “I don't need any calming tea! I need to capture the Avatar. Helmsman, head a course for the light!”

Yifan stormed away from Jaesang and into the ship only to be face to face with two of his crew. Both of them looking charred and in slight shock.

One of them named Ryeowook was blinking at an extremely fast pace as if he was trying not to face out. “Yeah...didn't go well.”

“Not again...” Yifan growled and sighed and walked past them not saying a word and walked down to the hall to go see the reason his crew was burnt to a crisp.

He didn't even say anything when he heard Shindong yell and a loud thump on the ground which he asumed was Ryeowook fainting.

A;LOS

Zitao's eyes widened and he moved quick enough to shield his brother from the blast that just dissipated. They looked up to see residual blue light still swirling around the top of what was left of the iceberg. Suddenly, the boy appeared, his eyes and arrow markings still aglow.

Zitao narrowed his eyes and raised his spear at the floating boy. “Stop!”

The boy falls to the ground as the glow and residual energy faded. He seemed to pass out and slided down the side of the ruined iceberg to Zitao and Junmyeon, who lunged forward and catched him as he fell.

Zitao stared at the boy and poked him in the head with the blunt end of his weapon.

Junmyeon with the boy still in his arms glared at his sibling. “Stop it!”

He handed the stick he had used to open the iceberg to his brother and turned to the boy. Gently turning him over so that he was lying on his back.

Slowly, he began to wake up. He slowly opened his eyes and his gaze lands on Junmyeon. A breeze gently blew his hair to the right making it move in the wind and Junmyeon smiles coyly at the younger boy.

The boy had regular chocolate brown eyes and he could have passed as a normal looking boy if it weren't for his blue arrow tattoos on his arms and his bright rainbow hair you would have never looked back at him. The boys eyes stay on Junmyeon and he intakes a breath a shallow breath with a small smile.

The boy his lips and whispered urgently. “I need to ask you something.”

Junmyeon gasped and nodded his head urgently his blue eyes wide with worry. “What is it?”

 

“Please... come closer.”

Junmyeon moved so that his face was only a few inches from the rainbow haired boy's.

Suddenly the boy's expression changed. He went from weak and quiet to excited and lively with wide eyes as he went nose to nose with Junmyeon. “Will you go penguin sledding with me?”

Junmyeon not sure if he was comfortable with how close the boy's face began to stutter and blink repeatedly. “U-Uh... su-sure. I guess.”

The boy with a gust of wind lifted himself to his feet as he started to rub the back of his head with grin on his face.

Zitao's eyes widened and he backed away quickly in shock. “Ahh!”

The mysterious boy glanced around. “What's going on here?”

Zitao looked at the boy up and down and poked him with his spear trying to keep distance. “You tell us! How'd you get in the ice? And why aren't you frozen?”

The boy raised his eyebrow and pushed the spear away absently. “I'm not sure...” His eyes moved from the younger to the elder brother brother who was still on the ground staring up at him confusion. With a small smile he helped the boy up bringing his a little too close to the rainbow haired boy's chest for comfort. Junmyeon but blushed and looked away trying to keep his eyes on the water. That usually kept him calm. “But...” The boy bit his lip trying to keep the grin from beaming at the adorable stranger.

I don't really mind being here...

His face changed when a low growl was heard from not far where they were. The boy gasped, his eyes widening, and began to frantically climb back up the ruined iceberg. He jumped over the lip of what was in fact now a crater and landed on a huge furry animal.

“Appa! Are you all right? Wake up, buddy.”

He leaned down and opened one of the beasts eyes. He closed it again. The boy hopped down and tried to lift the animal's huge head, but without effect.

Zitao and Junmyeon came around the corner and their mouths dropped in shock as the see the monster, whose mouth had opened and the boy trying to wake him up.

He beamed his smile reaching his eyes and his nose scrunching. “Haha! You're okay!”

He hugged Appa, then looked around where he stood, in the destroyed ice crater. Appa occupied most of the crater left by the explosion. He was a huge flying bison with six legs and horns like a steer. He got up and shoke the snow off himself off a bit.

“What is that thing?” Zitao whispered, his eyes on the bison.

The boy smiled coyly at the siblings. “This is Appa, my flying bison.”

Zitao scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Right. And this is Junmyeon, my flying brother.” he said sarcastically motioning to his brother. Junmyeon took his gaze off the boy to stick his tongue out at the panda.

The boy who was about to reply was suddenly about to be caught in the crossfire of his pet bison's sneeze. Quickly, he ducked in time as Appa proceeding to sneeze all over the hunter.

Zitao stood in shock for a few seconds before beginning to scream in disgust. “Ewww! Aahh!!!”

 

Junmyeon giggled watching his brother panic and the rainbow haired boy stopped everything and stood string at the boy. Gulping, he smiled like a lovestruck idiot at the sight the cute laughter.

He moved back to reality when he saw Zitao trying to get rid the bison snot by rolling around on the ice and snow.

“Don't worry. It'll wash out.” he told the disgusted sibling.

Zitao gagged at the snot. “Ugh!”

His eyes landed on Junmyeon. “So, do you guys live around here?” he asked curiously.

“Don't answer that! Did you see that crazy bolt of light? He was probably trying to signal the Fire Navy.”

Junmyeon turned to his brother with a sarcastic expression on his face. “Oh, yeah, I'm sure he's a spy for the Fire Navy. You can tell by that evil look in his eye.”

The boy smiled innocently from the behind the elder and the panda.

Junmyeon turned around the boy. “The paranoid one is my brother, Tao. Sorry about him. You never told us your name.”

The boys eyes widened and he gulped, hoping silently to himself he wouldn't stutter. “I'm S... aaaahhhh... ahhhhhh.... aaah aaah aaah AAAAAAACHOOOO!” As he sneezed he zoomed off the ground far into the air. He responded to his question after he landed to the ground, with a whistling sound of a bomb dropping.

“I'm Sehun.” He sniffled and rubbed his nose.

“You just sneezed... and flew ten feet in the air.” Zitao said in a slow voice as if trying not to panic.

“Really?” Sehun looked up at the sky one of his eyesbrows up. “Huh, It felt higher that that.”

Junmyeon gasped. “You're an airbender!”

With a mischievously look he replied. “Sure am.”

Zitao nodded feeling lightheaded. “Giant light beams... flying bison... airbenders... I think I've got Midnight Sun Madness. I'm going home to where stuff makes sense” Zitao turned to walk off, but was stopped at the iceberg's edge. In front of him the area was desolated. Just water and ice.

Sehun jumped at the chance. “Well, if you guys are stuck Appa and I can give you a lift.”

Sehun airbended himself onto Appa's head, then to the top of his back where rested an enormous saddle. Reigns were attached to both of Appa's great horns.

Junmyeon beamed. “We'd love a ride! Thanks!” he said getting on Appa.

Zitao stared at the beast and shook his head. “Oh, no... I am not getting on that fluffy snot monster.”

Junmyeon sighed. “Are you hoping some other kind of monster will come along and give you a ride home? You know... before you freeze to death?”

Zitao started to say something and but gave up before he did. He sighed.

Zitao climbed and sat next to his brother grumpily, arms crossed over his chest. Junmyeon on the other hand was very excited.

Sehun tried to contain his excitement. “Okay. First time flyers, hold on tight! Appa, yip yip!” Sehun shook the reigns and Appa made a low rumble. He flapped his huge beaver tail and then launched into the air. He spread his legs wide, but then came right back down into the water with a huge splash. He began to swim them forward.

Sehun pouted and shook the reins. “Come on, Appa. Yip yip.”

Zitao rolled his eyes nodding his head. “Wow. That was truly amazing.”

Sehun huffed and turned to Zitao while patting the beast's head lovingly. “Appa's just tired. A little rest and he'll be soaring through the sky. You'll see.” Sehun made a “soaring through the sky” motion with his hand, his eyes finally resting on Junmyeon. He leaved them there, a smile on his face as he looked at the elder.

Junmyeon sunk into his coat and blushed slightly at the gaze. “Why are you smiling at me like that?”

Sehun blinked returning to himself. “Oh... I was smiling?” he asked embarrassed while rubbing the back of his neck, red tinting his cheeks, the boy still kept his eyes on Junmyeon however making the elder turn beat red.

Zitao stuck his tongue out disgusted. “Uuuuugh.” He groaned grossed out.

A;LOS

Yifan glared at the prisoner. She glared back, her eyes a bright red. The prince looked her over, with a look of disdain. Her white wardrobe was completely destroyed, ripped in different areas and stained with dust and dirt. Her bright coloured rainbow hair was mated and almost not visible, practically black with grim and mud but still visible. Her eyes red when angry and golden when calm and drugged had dark circles underneath them and her face was boney and slim. Too slim. As if she hadn't eaten in forever.

There were some few times when he looked at her and saw a tortured girl. A tortured poor innocent girl. But then he remembered what she was. Not human. Not a bender. A spirit.

She was the key to the Avatar.

Yifan sighed and stared at the girl. Suddenly, she throws a ball of fire towards the prince. His guards make it dissolve in a second.

Yifan looks down at the plate of food in front of the Sun Spirit. She hadn't eaten a thing.

“Hyoyeon...You need to eat.” He said sternly. Her eye twitched and her jaw clenched.

“And let you drug me even more? No way in hell.”

“Hyoyeon,” he sighed in annoyance. The guards moved quickly to her cell. Yifan raised his hand to stop them. “Eat.” He ordered.

Hyoyeon stood up slowly and in pain and limped to the prince. When she was close she spit in face.

“ you.”

Yifan wiped the spit unimpressed, very much used to this treatment, and turned away.

Stopping in the doorway he heard the guards opening the door.

“Shove it down .”

A;LOS

Appa swam them through the water, flopping his tale peacefully. All of them unaware of Prince Wufan's Fire Navy ship not too far away.

Yifan, on the spotting deck off the bridge looking forward, was approached by Jaesang as he was fuming. It was now night. The boy stood staring at the water angry at everyone.

Jaesang stared at his nephew warily. “Well...I'm going to bed now.” He made an exaggerated yawn and stared Yifan out of the corner of his eye. “Yep. A man needs his rest. Nephew, you need some sleep. Even if you're right and the Avatar is alive, you won't find him. Your father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all tried and failed.”

Yifan glared at the water. “Because their honor didn't hinge on the Avatar's capture. Mine does. This coward's hundred years in hiding are over.”

A;LOS

Appa swam, his friends on his back. Sehun took a deep breath as he laid back on top of Appa's head. Junmyeon, in the saddle on Appa's back with his brother, crawled forward and looked down from the saddle at Aang.

“Hey.”

“Hey. Whatcha thinkin' about?” he replied casually.

“I guess I was wondering...” Junmyeon began to stutter. “-your being an airbender and all – if you had any idea what happened to the Avatar?”

Sehun took his gaze off of Junmyeon and replied disconcerned. “Uhh... n-no. I didn't know him... I mean, I knew p-people that knew him, but I-I didn't. Sorry....”

Junmyeon sighed slightly disappointed in the airbender's answer. “O-Okay. Just curious. Goodnight...”

“Sleep tight.” Sehun whispered back. When Junmyeon turned away he let out the breath he had been holding along with the look of fear on his face.

A;LOS

Sehun stood in his dream. The colors were grays, crèmes and pale browns. He woke up on top of Appa and his view rotated with himself in Appa's saddle. His dream changed again. He was now holding onto the Appa's reins for dear life in a horrible storm.

“Aaahhh!”

It changes again. Sehun and Appa suddenly penetrated the surfaceof water and entered the watery depths. They came up briefly for air, Appa groaned, but they were once again driven under the storm tossed waves. As they drifted downward, Sehun dropped Appa's reigns and began to lose consciousness. Suddenly, Sehun's eyes and markings glowed white. He put his hands together and he froze himself and Appa in a huge ball of ice.

Suddenly he heard Junmyeon's voice.

“Sehun! Sehun, wake up!”Sehun's eyes shot open. Him gasping for air and holding on to the closest thing there, which so happened to be Junmyeon. The boy tried to control his breathing as Junmyeon spoke to him. “It's okay. We're in the village now. Come on, get ready. Everyone's waiting to meet you.”

Sehun got up and put on his shirt and hood. Junmyeon not realizing the slim boy was shirtless looked away playing with his hair until he got curious and when he was dressed looked at the airbender tattoos. With a smile, after observing the boy he grabbed Sehun by the hand and dragged him outside. They boy carrying a staff with him.

“Whaaaa!”

Junmyeon pulled him out. A small crowd had gathered to greet him. It was composed of women of various ages and children. Junmyeon and Zitao both the only men.

“Sehun, this is the entire village. Entire village, Sehun.”

Sehun bowed to them in a friendly manner, a smile on his face, but the people pulled back from him anyway.

Sehun with a hurt expression, turned to Junmyeon. “Uh... why are they all looking at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me?” An old woman approached him as Sehun inspected his clothes for bison snot. The woman look like a much older more feminine version of Junmyeon.

“Well, no one has seen an airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct until my grandsons found you.”
“'Extinct'?” he whispered to himself.

Junmyeon smiled at him gently. “Sehun, this is my grandmother.”

“Call me Gran Gran.” she said with a smile that reminded him of the elder brother.

Zitao approached the boy quikcly and grabbed the staff he was holding. “What is this, a weapon? You can't stab anything with this.” he said inspecting the staff.

Sehun laughed. “It's not for stabbing.” He created a jet of air that the staff back into his hand. “It's for airbending.” He openned the staff into a glider with red wings.

One of the little Water Tribe girls stared with wide eyes. “Magic trick! Do it again!”

Sehun giggled. “Not magic, airbending. It lets me control the air currents around my glider and fly.”

Zitao glared at Sehun. “You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly.”

The boy stuck his tongue out at the elder and laughed. “Check again!”

Sehun launched himself into the air with his glider. He soared through the air, doing loops as the villagers on the ground pointed to him in wonder.

“Whoa...”

“It's flying...”

“It's amazing!”

Zitao listened to him rolling his eyes.

Sehun looked down at Junmyeon who smiled at him.

Sehun gets so enthralled with his attention that he slams right into Zitao's snow guard tower. He pulled his head out of the tower and fell to the ground with his glider.

“Oof!”

Zitao's gasped in horror. “My watchtower!”

Junmyeon runs to Sehun with a smile on his face. “That was amazing.”

He helped Sehun back to his feet. Sehun twirled his glider shut as Zitao examined the damaged tower behind him. After Sehun closed the glider a huge bank of snow buried Zitao.

Zitao screamed as the snow landed on him and glared when his head popped out of the snow to look at the two. “Great. You're an airbender, Junmyeon's a waterbender, together you can just waste time all day long.” He said sarcastically burying himself deep in the snow.

Sehun turned to Junmyeon a smile on his face. “You're a waterbender?!”

Junmyeon bit his lips staring at his boots. “Well... sort of. Not yet.”

Gran Gran stared at the scene and grabbing Junmyeon's hand. “All right. No more playing. Come on, Junmyeonie, you have chores.” Gran Gran lead Junmyeon away as Sehun waved goodbye a somewhat goofy look on his face.

“I told you! He's the real thing, Gran Gran! I finally found a bender to teach me.” Junmyeon giggled gleefully holding hands with his grandmother.

“Sweetie, try not to put all your hopes in this boy.”

Junmyeon stared at the water on their right and sighed. “But he's special. I can tell. I sense he's filled with much wisdom.” he said biting his lip.

He looked behind him to see Sehun with his tongue frozen to his staff, children gathered around him.

Sehun slurred. “Sthee? Now my tongue ith thuck to my sthaff.” A child next to him grabbed the staff and yanked, but Sehun's tongue stayed stuck. The children clapped giggling.

A;LOS

Yifan's ship continued cutting through the waves, all the while Yifan practised his basic of firebender facing two Fire Navy seamen. Jaesang siting nearby.

Taking a sip of tea, Jaesang watched Yifan. “Again.”

Yifan blasted fire from his hands at the guards, but missed. The guards attacked Yifan with blasts of fire from their fists, but the prince dodged. He back flipped over the guards to land behind them.

Yifan growled and turned to his uncle as the two guards, Donghae and Eunhyuk, groaned.

Jaesang sighed and gets up.

“No! Power in firebending comes from the breath. Not the muscles. The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire.” Jaesang demonstrated, releasing a controlling plume of flame that bursted in front of the prince, but did not hit him. “Follow Hyoyeon's example. Get it right this time.”

Yifan's eyes flashed red at the mention of the spirit. “Enough. I've been drilling this sequence all day. Teach me the next set. I'm more than ready.”

Jaesang put down his cup of tea and sighed. “No, you are impatient. You have yet to master your basics...” Jaesang's tone changed to more forceful one. “Drill it again!”

This time Yifan's eyes stayed a bright red red and he turned to the guards. “Grrrr... huh!” He blasted Donghae backwards with a gout of fire, making Eunhyuk run to his aide. “The sages tell us that the Avatar is the last airbender. He must be over a hundred years old by now. He's had a century to master the four elements. I'll need more than basic firebending to defeat him. You WILL teach me the advanced set!”


Jaesang smiled calmly and nodded his head slowly. “Very well. But first I must finish my roast duck.”

A;LOS

Zitao stood in front a small crowd, a very serious expression on his face.

“Now men, it's important that you show no fear when you face a firebender. In the Water Tribe, we fight to the last man standing. For without courage, how can we call ourselves men?”

It is a group of six children, most of whom are toddlers, one of which was picking his nose staring into the distance obviously not paying attention.

One of the six, a little boy, raised his hand. “I gotta pee!”

Zitao stood more straightly. “Listen! Until your fathers return from the war, they're counting on you to be the men of this tribe. And that means no potty breaks.”

The same little boy widened his eyes. “But I really gotta go.”

Zitao rolled his eyes and sighed. “Okay... who else has to go?”

All six raise their hands and Zitao slapped his forehead in disgust as they all ran off. Not to long afterwards as Zitao waited for them, Junmyeon approached his brother.

Junmyeon looked around as he spoke to his sibling. “Have you seen Sehun? Gran Gran said he disappeared over an hour ago.”

Soon after, Sehun emerged from a small igloo type bathroom stall. He adjusted his pants and smiled at the trip of boys coming to use the toilet.

Sehun giggled at the kids and gestured over his shoulder at the toilet. “Wow! Everything freezes in there!”

The children laughed and ran inside. “Hahaha!”

Zitao stuck his tongue out and gagged, turning to his brother. “Ugh! Hyung, get him out of here. This lesson is for warriors only.”

“Wheeee!” Zitao heard some children scream.

Zitao turned in the direction of where Appa was, Sehun on his back. Children had propped up his tail using a makeshift sawhorse. A kid had used Appa's back and tail as a slide to land in a pile of snow. The children, and soon Junmyeon, all start laughing.

Zitao ran to where they were all situated. “Stop! Stop it right now!” Zitao turned to Sehun. “What's wrong with you? We don't have time for fun and games with a war going on.”

Sehun looked at Zitao oddly. “What war?” He hopped down off of Appa confused. “What are you talking about?”

Zitao looked at him with same expression. “You're kidding, right?”

Sehun's gaze shifts slightly off of Zitao to look at something beyond him.

His face suddenly brightly. “PENGUIN!”

Sehun had his eyes on a penguin in the distance, visible between Zitao and Junmyeon. The penguin, aware that it had been spotted, made an excited noise and turned to waddle away. Sehun used his airbending skill to run at unbelievable speed towards the horizon where the penguin had just been.

Zitao blinked and stared at the direction in which he just ran to. “He's kidding, right?”

A;LOS

Hyoyeon glared at the food that had just been thrown into her cell. The girl could still feel the last meal's drugs running through her.

The ones that made her unable to bend.

The rainbow haired girl looked from the food to the guard. Leeteuk looked at her sincere pity, she could tell by looking in his eyes. Leeteuk was the second nicest guard to her. The others were Henry and Heechul. Henry taking the number one spot. He was the one that always asked for her night shifts so that he could stop the drunk guards from...sneeking in.

Leeteuk sat next to the bars and smiled sadly at her. “You know the drill, sunshine.” he said grimly.

Hyoyeon stared at the tray and shook her head. “I...I don't want it. Leeteuk...you know what it does to me.” She said her eyes on the tray.

Leeteuk sighed and stared at the tortured girl. He looked around the lowest deck. No one was around. The man grabbed his keys and stood up, his eyes still on the girl whose eyes wouldn't leave the tray of food.

With a sigh, the guard picked the correct key and opened the cell. Hyoyeon used to this didn't move just stared at the tray her eyes watering.

Leeteuk walked in and closed the cell door, locking it behind him. He knew it wouldn't be called 'proper' and that Yifan could probably kill him if he wanted, but he didn't care.

Hyoyeon looked at him as he sat down in front of her. “Leeteuk? Please don't...” she whispered trying not to cry.

Leeteuk reached and moved some of her rainbow hair out of her face, sighing. “It's either this or what happened earlier and I don't like seeing you like that.”

Hyoyeon shuddered thinking about what the guards had done to her, after forcing her to swallow the food. Hyoyeon wrapped her arms around herself as Leeteuk grabbed the spoon and took a little bit of the mashed potatoes.

“I'm sorry, princess.” he said putting the spoon in .

Hyoyeon swallowed. The potatoes tasted awful. Even though it was physically impossible for the drugs to have already took effect, it was like her brain was playing with her, making her feel instantly drained by just swallowing a little spoonful of potatoes.

Leeteuk continued to feed her as she bawled silent tears running down her cheeks. He felt awful. But he continued.

With every slow spoonful and Leeteuk's soft murmurs of, 'it's going to okay's and 'keep going's, Hyoyeon fell asleep not too long after finishing eating. Leeteuk stayed with the dirtied girl and her hair calmly trying not to make any loud noises and wake her up.

About an hour after watching, Hyoyeon and making sure she was okay, the guard stood up and left the cell continuing his night shift and silently cursing Prince Yifan.

A;LOS

Junmyeon sighed as walked into penguin territory, looking for Sehun. Penguins walked around squawked.

“Sehun?”

Finally, Junmyeon saw Sehun chasing some penguins, but unable to catch them as the waddle away.

“Haha! Hey, come on little guy. Wanna go sledding?”

Sehun lunged, but fell flat on his face. He got back up as Junmyeon approached.

“Oof! Heh heh, I have a way with animals”. He said nervously, his face red as Junmyeon approached him. The rainbow haired boy put his arms out and waddled in imitation of the four flippered penguins. “Yarp! Yarp yarp! Yarp! Yarp yarp! Yarp!”

Junmyeon giggled as he watched the teenager. “Hahaha... Sehun, I'll help you catch a penguin if you teach me waterbending.” He said innocently.

Sehun smiled wide. “You got a deal! Just one little problem. I'm an airbender, not a waterbender. Isn't there someone in your tribe who can teach you?” he asked confused.

Junmyeon looked away in sadness. “No. You're looking at the only waterbender on the whole South Pole.”

Sehun pouted. “This isn't right. A waterbender needs to master water. What about the North Pole? There's another Water Tribe up there, right? Maybe they have waterbenders who could teach you.” he suggested.

Junmyeon played with his curls and shrugeed. “Maybe. But we haven't had contact with our sister tribe in a long time. It's not exactly 'turn right at the second glacier.' It's on the other side of the world.”

Sehun beamed. “But you forget: I have a flying bison. Appa and I can personally fly you to the North Pole. Junmyeonie, we're gonna find you a master!”

Junmyeon grinned at the nickname and at the news, his face beat red. “That's...” Junmyeon turned uncertain. “I mean, I don't know. I've never left home before...”

Sehun smiled timidly. “Well, you think about it. But in the meantime, can you teach me to catch one of these penguins.”

Junmyeon giggled and spoke in a mock teacher tone. “Okay, listen closely my young pupil. Catching penguins is an ancient and sacred art. Observe.”

He produced a little fish from his coat and tossed it at Sehun. He is instantly surrounded by a horde of hungry penguins.

A;LOS

Junmyeon and Sehun laughed as the slid down an ice bank, in the late afternoon, each on their own penguin. Suddenly, Junmyeon and Sehun rocketed off the ice bank. The land on the bank below and continued down at high speed on the penguin's belly. Sehun and his penguin took a jump off a small ramp, eventually landing in front of Junmyeon. The elder laughed and took the jump and landed near him. They laughed together and whooped happily.

“I haven't done this since I was a kid!” the nineteen year old screamed.

Sehun turned in Junmyeon's direction. “You're never to old for fun!”

They continued to rocket across the frozen landscape, eventually entering a system of ice tunnels. The tunnels were have periodic gaps where sunlight poured through. They emerged from the tunnels and got off their mounts, which stood up and dizzily wandered away making little chirping noises. They walked forward, looking at something in front of them.

Sehun blinked. “Whoa... what is that?”

In front of them was a huge ship locked in the ice in front of them. It was a derelict Fire Navy ship, silhouetted by the sun behind it.

Junmyeon turned serious. “A Fire Navy ship, and a very bad memory for my people.”

Sehun began to walk to the ship.

“Sehun, stop! We're not allowed to go near it. The ship could be y trapped.”

Sehun turned to him. “If you wanna be a bender, you have to let go of fear.”

Junmyeon looked uncertain, then followed him to the ship. They climbed up and entered the ship through a gaping hole in one of the forward compartments below the water line. They walked around the dark corridors inside past many darkened rooms.

“This ship has haunted my tribe since Gran Gran was a little girl. It was part of the Fire Nation's first attacks.”

Sehun stopped walking and turned to Junmyeon. “Okay, back up. I have friends all over the world, even in the Fire Nation. I've never seen any war.”

Junmyeon stared at the airbender. “Sehun, how long were you in that iceberg?”

Sehun looked around warily. “I don't know... a few days, maybe?”

Junmyeon looked him dead in the ear and spoke evenly. “I think it was more like a hundred years!”

Sehun's eyes widened and he backed away from the older. “What? That's impossible. Do I look like a hundred-seventeen years old man to you?”

Junmyeon sighed. “Think about it. The war is a century old. You don't know about it because, somehow, you were in there that whole time. It's the only explanation.”

Sehun widened his eyes and put his hand to his head, walking backwards. Stunned by this realization, he sank to the floor.

“A hundred years! I can't believe it.”

Junmyeon moved down to his side. “I'm sorry, Sehun. Maybe somehow there's a bright side to all this.”

Sehun let his gaze wander onto Junmyeon and smiled sadly. “I did get to meet you.”

Junmyeon smiled and grabbed his hands. “Come on. Let's get out of here.”

He helped him back to his feet and they started walking once again. Sehun passed by a darkened room on the ship and entered it, Junmyeon behind him in the hallway.

“Sehun? Let's head back. This place is creepy.” he said walking into the room.

Sehun stopped and turned. “Huh?”

Unaware of the trip wire on the floor he moved foreward to Junmyeon. Behind them the door was blocked by a grate that dropped from the ceiling. They grabbed it just after it falls shut. They were trapped.

“What's that you said about y traps?” he said in the dark.

Around them, machinery in the room started to operate. Gauges showed steam pressure and wheels began to turn. Steam began to pour out of some of the equipment. Suddenly, a bright flare exploded out of the Fire Navy ship and into the sky, leaving a trail of smoke behind it. Junmyeon and Sehun shuddered as they watched it through the window.

“Uh oh.”

When it reached its zenith it exploded with a small shower of sparks. Because of the fire a hole appeared in the ceiling, in which Sehun stared at.

Sehun narrowed his  eyes at it. “Hold on tight!”

He grabbed Junmyeon, who cried out in surprise, and launched them both through the hole in the ceiling. He landed with him in his arms on top of the bridge.

A;LOS

Hyoyeon shuddered as she stared through the small port hole. As she watched the flare. She didn't know what but she felt something. A presence. And it scared her.

A;LOS

Yifan stared through the lens of a telescope. The telescope followed the flare down for a few moments, before shifting downwards to show Sehun hopping down the ship and the ice which encases it to the ground below, Junmyeon still in his arms. He couldn't see clear enough to distinguish features but what he could see was the man was airbending.

“The last airbender.  Quite agile for his old age.” Yifan took his eyes away from the sight and yelled at Siwon who stood behind on his right. “Wake my uncle! Tell him I found the Avatar...”

Yifan looked back into his telescope to see  Sehun and Junmyeon running across the ice away from the ship. He then scanned left quickly, then pulled it back right to focus on Junmyeon's village.

“...as well as his hiding place.”
 

There it is! Chapter One! Enjoy it and expect more to come!

 

I hope you all like it and to thank you for reading it, here have a Sehun:

*waves goodbye* See you soon!