I danced with you once upon a dream(Drabble)

I danced with you once upon a dream(Drabble)

It smells nice… Your embrace, your hug…

Mmm… Like lavender scent. I want to hide in your bosom till morning comes because I know it’s the safest place on earth. Your arms. The way you twirled me around as we met under the stars.

Yunho…. Ahh… Yunho…. Yunho…

Y-yun- I opened my eyes to the sound of fluttering of wings outside my window. It was morning obviously... I sighed and tossed to the side gripping onto my blanket for comfort, breathing deeply into the lavender scented sheets. I wonder if I could sleep a little longer. The spot beside my bed was empty… But strangely warm.

I sighed as I ruffled my messy hair shaking it at the end. I rubbed my sleepy eyes noticing the hardened trail of tears down the side of my cheeks. Ahhhh… I cried in my sleep yet again…

Yeah it’s been 3 years since I became like this. I would wake up to empty cold mornings unlike this one to an empty spot in my bed. I wonder why it was so soon since he left me. I mean not left to another country but left- as in left left. You know…. Nevermind.

Mundane as it seemed my life was never a satisfied one anymore. Not like it used to be when we laughed and smiled, cried and screamed together. Yeah those were the days. It’s just like any other day when I would sit on the ivory ledge of my penthouse peering over the skyline of metropolis of Seoul. I wished I wasn’t so lonely. I wished I was with him; wherever he maybe. I missed his whining, how the liked to whine to me so much for not cooking his favorite meals. My idiot.

It’s long gone.

“JaeJoong ah?” I heard from the door and snapped my head to the side as my eyes widened in shock.

It’s impossible, why is he here? Am I dreaming? But I woke up! He’s-

“What’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” The man with the cutest mole on the side of his lips asked. I watched his mouth pull into a scowl as he walked closer to me before laying a hand on my forehead. “Nope, not sick.”

“Ah-“I began but he was already two steps ahead of me out the door.

“Yunho ah!” I ran, throwing my whole body into his as he turned at the sound of my voice.

“Oh!” He caught me smiling widely. He patted my head and nuzzled my messy hair. “Good morning, sleepy head.”

Wait, why does this feel so real? I’m in his arms aren’t I? I peered up into his almond shaped smiley eyes and stared hard and long. My Yunho…He’s so real….

I reached out to touch the man’s face I longed to feel so badly. They were still as smooth as I remembered them to be, only with the little blemish as the bottom of his right eye- the scar that wouldn’t go away but the perfect reminder that he survived a fall. I traced it with my fingertips and clutched onto his face still not believing what I saw. You know what they say; seeing is believing but at the point of time, I wanted to throw away all logic to say he was alive.

He drew me into a back hug- something which I loved so much about him while we were dating and rocked me from side to side. I held his hands as he cooed to me words of love. The scene before my eyes faded, replacing itself with my fondest memories of us together.

JeJu island.

Yunho brought me to see the peach blossoms there. It was the place where he proposed to me. He held me as we waltz to a silent song under the sparkling night stars that held our wishes and love…. It was all too perfect… but…

“You’re not real.” I mumbled.

“Joongie?” The man clutching my hands with his warm caress asked.

“You’re not real.” I repeated myself before letting go and backing away from him, shoulder trembling. The man’s lip curled into a frown and reached out.

“Joongie, I’m real.” He tried to convince me.

“No. I watched you go!” I cried dropping to my knees.

“Joongie…How could I have left if I’m in front of you? Look!” He replied turning a round.

I shook my head furiously rubbing my eyes of my tears. The Yunho I knew had left me that fateful night. He left me so quickly… too quickly….

“You’re right.” I heard. His tone had changed into a soft and gentle one. “You’re right, I’m not real.”

I cried harder not wanting to hear the few words he said. I knew he wasn’t real but part of me wanted him to be. I touched him didn’t I?

“Come with me.” He suggested.

I peered up at him eyes watery and soiled by tears. My breathing was uneven as I chocked on my own tears.

“Yun-“

“At least we can be together…” He continued.

…..

………..

Ahh that’s right… I wasn’t exactly alive myself. I tried to take my life one night after his departure by drowning myself in the icy cold lake. I didn’t know how I ended up in a nearby hospital but I watched as my brain remained alive but my body refused to move day by day. I was another living corpse. I went into shock a few times but I was never revived.

“Come with me.” He chided as he walked further away from me hands outstretched.

I watched as he smiled still urging me to follow….

I stretched out my hand and took it.

…..

………….

“DOCTOR!!!! PATIENT IN WARD 24 HAS GONE INTO CARDIAC ARREST!”

Hurried footsteps and voices started to dim as a machine was pulled into the room. They tried to resuscitate me but try as they may, it was futile. My body just slowly wasted away….

“Yunho wait for me!” I called out as I ran after him. “I’m coming!”

 

 

                     =================================The End =========================================

 

Drabble nothing to do so yes. Dream come true.