Camping Hustles

Agent 143

Taecyeon stopped in mid-motion when he caught sight of Chansung and Sooyoung packing stuff in large backpacks. His mind was left in the daze when Yoona walked past him, getting something from living room area.

“Excuse me, what’s going on?” Taecyeon asked.

Chansung shoved a pair of sneakers before turning to Taecyeon. “Oh Taec, we’re going camping with today! All of the agents are coming and you should pack up too.”

“Camping? Why are we suddenly going camping?”

“Chief always bring us to camping sites. We set up tents, fish, hike, tell ghost stories and star gaze.”

Taecyeon let out a chuckle. “Pretty much a day off huh?”

Chansung nodded. “Exactly! Come on man.”

 

Jaesuk stood outside the headquarters, looking up in the sky with conflicted thoughts. He was pondering about the meeting together with his running spies back in his office. He wondered why Choi Minsoo was back, after a period of time. No matter what consequences he had to face, he won’t let Minsoo harm his agents.

“Chief!” Jaesuk turned around and smiled at Siwon who bowed at him. “The rookies are all ready to go chief.”

“Good, get them on the bus please. Also the aces will take the second bus,” Jaesuk pointed at two long buses waiting by the front gates.

Siwon saluted. “Yes sir.”

The rookies boarded first while the aces went second. Jaesuk waited patiently for the professionals who were hastily exiting the headquarters.

“Chief?” Yoona called out.

Jaesuk gestured at his own van. “You guys shall come with me. The buses are full.”

Chansung and Taecyeon helped Sooyoung and Yoona with their backpacks, as they stored it in the back of the van. Putting on their seatbelts, Jaesuk drove off, following the buses.

 

Agents alighted from the buses, marching into the forest, reaching the wide field available for them to settle down on. Boys and girls helped each other with the tents, chairs and tables.

“Alright listen up!” Jaesuk announced over the loudspeaker. “Set up your tents and all other stuff you brought along. Washrooms are south, right behind me. Rookies will be learning how to set up the campfire first, with raw materials. Aces and Professionals will go on a hike with me. For the rookies, agents 407 and 801 will stay and help. Rest of you shall meet me at the starting point of the trail.”

As the agents disperse, Taecyeon watched Yoona take her time setting up the tent while Chansung joined the hiking group.

“Yoona! Taecyeon! Are you joining us?” Sooyoung said as she linked arms with Chansung.

Yoona pointed at the tent she was lifting up. “I’ll join the group later. You three can go first!”

Sooyoung and Chansung tagged along with the aces at the back, Taecyeon smirked as he went over to Yoona. “Having trouble with that thing?” he asked.

“Taecyeon why didn’t you join them? You should go! I’ve already been to several hikes so…” she shrugged, slotting the small metal sticks into the loops of the tent. Taecyeon decided to help her as he made the tent stand up, making it easier for Yoona. They smiled, finishing the task.

“You missed the hike, told you I could do it myself,” Yoona groaned, poking Taecyeon’s arm.

He chuckled. “Who said I missed it? I’m going with you miss bossy! Let’s go!”

Taecyeon grabbed Yoona’s hand, dragging her along with him. Yoona sighed, not being able to protest against his request. She led him to the starting point of the trail, then walking up the path in slow steps. Hand in hand, with the nature’s music surrounding them, Yoona smiled feeling calm and contented. Taecyeon peeked at her face, noticing the smile on her face.

“Why are you smiling?”

“My heart’s fluttering in places like this, and I’m holding hands with you,” she replied, blushing lightly.

A toothy grin formed on his face. “Because of me huh?” he teased.

She stuck out her tongue. “Don’t be that mister ego again.”

“You still like my ego anyway,” he winked at her flirtatiously. “So what does our chief do along the trail?”

“Nothing special. He explains about the beauties of nature, like showing some exotic plants and animals and the highlight would be the top of the hill, where you could have an hawk-eye view of the circumstances. After all that, they march back down on the opposite side of the hill, then back to the camp site.”

“Okay let’s go to the top then,” he joked. Unfortunately, they reached the top of the hill, meeting up with the group in shock. Sooyoung caught them before hiding back down the trail.

“Stop right there! You two shall join us!” Sooyoung laughed, high-fiving with Chansung.

 

Rookies went on a hike with the chief next, while the aces carried on with canoeing at the lake. Agents wore their vests, heading to the line of canoes along the edge of the water. Each grabbed a paddle stick, then hopping into the canoe in pairs.

“Alright! Let’s race to the bridge and back!” Seulong jumped into the front seat of the canoe with Sunny sitting behind him.

“Seulong! Leeteuk and I will give the head start,” Heechul suggested, standing by the starting point with the loudspeaker in hand. Seulong gave Heechul a thumbs up, waiting for the rest of the agents to be ready. Seulong paired up with Sunny, Siwon paired up with Tiffany, Minho paired up with Krystal, Junho paired up with Hyoyeon and Taecyeon paired up with Yoona. There were five pairs competing with each other, the guys in the front, girls at the back.

“Careful,” Taecyeon said as he held Yoona’s hand, helping her to sit in the canoe. “We have to win Yoona!” he laughed, dropping himself in the front.

“Don’t worry I have this crazy strength within me Taec,” Yoona smiled. “You want to win? You better paddle hard!” she poked Taecyeon’s back with her paddle stick.

Taecyeon turned his head, winking at her. “Yes miss bossy!”

Everyone settled into their positions, their paddle sticks on standby just above the water. The guys exchanged glances, a wave of competitiveness charged through them. They waited patiently for the signal.

“Ready, set, go!” Leeteuk yelled across the line of canoes, followed by the blaring sound of the loudspeaker which Heechul . Sounds of the paddlesticks slapping against the water were harsh and fast against the water. The guys pushed themselves forward with ease, slightly picking up the speed once they recognized no one was leading. The girls laughed innocently, noticing the effort the guys were making to beat each other, wanting to claim as the first to the end. Taecyeon eyed on Minho who was smirking ahead of him. He scoffed, pushing his stick harder into the water not wanting to get beaten by him. Noticing his actions, Yoona grinned as she helped Taecyeon by mirroring his actions, allowing them to accelerate faster. Thanks to her help, Taecyeon and Yoona were the first ones to reach the bridge.

“Good job Yoong, let’s keep it up ‘till the end,” Taecyeon cheered her on, his spirits high and confident to reach first.

Sooyoung paddled lightly as she noticed Chansung make long and deep . “Let’s go Channie! Let’s go for second! Taec and Yoona are near the finish line,” she cheered. Chansung turned his head, smiling at her.

“Krystal, harder will you?” Minho groaned from the front.

“Shut up Minho! I don’t wanna ruin this camp by arguing with you again!” Krystal snapped, rolling her eyes. Minho gritted his teeth, eyeing on Taecyeon who was leading.

Seulong played along with Siwon who was challenging against him. “I’ll beat you this time Siwon!”

“That won’t happen Seulong! Tiffany let’s go,” Siwon chuckled.

The blaring sound of the horn went off once Taecyeon and Yoona reached the finish line first. Edging back to the ground, Taecyeon hopped off the canoe, helping Yoona in the back.

“We did it Yoong! Good job!” Taecyeon beamed, joining his hands together with Yoona, jumping up and about. Yoona poked his cheek. “Told you I have crazy strength,” she teased.

Other agents reached accordingly, everyone laughing and congratulating one another. The following activities occurred among the agents, each including some skills and fun. It was fishing next for the aces and professionals, all of them relaxing by the river. Jaesuk assigned Taecyeon to start a campfire before he could join the rest of them.

“Agent 1104 can help you. Once you’re done you can join them,” Jaesuk said as he paced back to the where the rookies were at, who were playing paintball in the forest.

Taecyeon glanced at the man who approached him with confident steps. “Are you agent 1104?”

“Yes, call me Seunghyun and you are?”

“I’m Taecyeon,” he stuck out his hand for Seunghyun to shake. Seunghyun shook his hand willingly in return. Both gentlemen started off with clustering the firewood together, then Seunghyun explained how Taecyeon could start a fire using two rocks.

“Rub them together so that friction is present, then it’ll give off a spark. Do it a few times and it will light up,” Seunghyun demonstrated by grabbing two pieces of rock, scrubbing them in opposite directions. Taecyeon copied his actions, gasping when a spark ran through the surface. Carrying it out a few more times, Taecyeon smiled when the logs smoked up from the faint torch in the middle.

“Nice! It’s gonna spread later on don’t worry,” Seunghyun said, grinning at Taecyeon.

“Thanks man,” Taecyeon fist-bumped with Seunghyun.

“Since we’re done let’s go fishing!”

 

Taecyeon held onto his fishing rod, strolling past some agents, pausing when he caught a scene upon. Yoona and Minho were sitting next to each other, enjoying a short chat. His eyes narrowed when he caught Yoona hitting Minho by the arm, laughing at what he said that seemed to be funny. Taecyeon sighed, marching up towards the two, taking a seat next to Yoona.

“Hey guys? What’s so funny?” Taecyeon snickered, giving both of them an amused look.

“Oh Taecyeon you’re back, how’s the campfire?” Yoona asked in a cheery tone.

Minho’s smile faded when he noticed Taecyeon’s eyes burning in his. “It was good, met a new friend back there,” Taecyeon pointed at the direction where Seunghyun was sitting next to Krystal.

“I see. Minho and I were laughing about our past missions we conquered.”

“Past missions huh?” Taecyeon stated, not taking his eyes off of Minho. “You two seem close.”

“He’s my junior back then and we got along,” Yoona smiled at Minho innocently, oblivious of the fact that she was stuck in between two men who were glaring at each other. Minho stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets, forcing a smile at Yoona.

“Guess I’ll go help Krystal now. See you later Yoona, Taecyeon,” Minho’s voice tightened when he uttered Taecyeon’s name. Yoona waved at Minho, turning to Taecyeon who was gazing quietly at the river.

“Earth to Taec,” Yoona snapped a finger in front of his face. “What’s up?”

“I think we need a little talk missy,” Taecyeon straightened his posture, facing Yoona properly. “Don’t get too close with guys,” he revealed straightforwardly. Yoona let out a light giggle.

“Is Ok Taecyeon jealous?”

“Yes I am, so don’t get all happy with another man besides your dad and me,” he folded his arms, smiling proudly at her.

Yoona shook her head. “Gosh I was just talking with a friend Taec. You should include Chansung too because he’s been my buddy for four years.”

“Okay fine maybe Chansung too,” Taecyeon scoffed. But the main reason was that, Taecyeon was never comfortable with Yoona being too close with Minho alone. He always thought she was at risk whenever she was with Minho. Taecyeon lost trust in that guy as he’s beginning to get protective over Yoona more ever since their last conversation that felt like a threat.

Sunset drew in, the agents sauntered back to the camping site. Dinner was served, everyone spread out, eating on the table in small groups. Agents devoured into their meals, after a long day of fun-filled activities. Taecyeon had taken of Minho’s figure, strutting towards the river. He decided to take this chance to talk to him. Excusing himself from the table, Taecyeon followed Minho shortly.

“Is the river that beautiful?” Taecyeon’s voice echoed across, forcing Minho to turn around in frustration.

“A person wants to be alone can’t you see?” Minho scratched his eyebrow, sighing.

“Whatever,” Taecyeon scoffed. “Stay away from Yoona will you?”

Minho smirked, walking closer to Taecyeon. “Yoona and I are friends, didn’t you hear it earlier? Take it easy will you?”

“Look,” Taecyeon started off, taking a step closer. “I don’t know what you’re up to but don’t ever touch Yoona. You’ll get it from me if you dare and this is not a favor. It’s a warning,” Taecyeon’s eyes pierced through Minho’s his jaw clenching, his words coming out in a whisper.

“Well I’m saying this to you Taecyeon,” Minho smirked. “I like Yoona and I won’t let you have her.”

Taecyeon chuckled in disbelief, “She’s already taken. I’m sorry you’re a little too late pal.”

Minho stepped back, smirking. “Nothing’s too late for me. You have her now? I can always get her later on,” he leaned next to Taecyeon’s ear and whispered, “Don’t try protecting Yoona. You better let go of her Taecyeon before things get ugly. This is not a favor, it’s a warning,” Minho repeated what Taecyeon had warned him earlier. Tension heated between the two, fury taking over their emotions.

Taecyeon grabbed Minho’s collar, infuriated and irritable of what Minho’s threatening. “Listen closely Minho or I’ll break your jaw,” he spat. “Don’t touch Yoona,” Taecyeon stressed each word, making it clear for Minho of what he meant. 

“You worry about Yoona, you might forget about your teammates around you.”

“What do you mean?”

“Be prepared Taecyeon. This is just the start,” Minho snorted. “Do you think you can handle being a spy of the headquarters? Can you save everyone from danger? The rookies, aces and your three friends, can you protect them?”

“What are you talking about?” Taecyeon scrunched the cloth of his collar, his voice cold and harsh. 

“We’ll see,” Minho pushed Taecyeon’s arm away from his collar, marching back to the site. Taecyeon sighed in exasperation, placing his hands on either sides of his hips. He felt uneasy of what Minho might do to Yoona and it was driving him insane. Strolling back to his tent, he found Yoona fascinating over the fire in front of her. He sat next to her, his arm brushing against hers.

“Where did you go?” she questioned.

“Just needed some air,” he hid the part where he was upset over Minho. “You should be looking at the stars, not the fire.”

Yoona shot her head up in the sky, smiling at the faint twinkling of the stars. “I like to be warm.”

“Why didn’t you say so?” Taecyeon grinned, raising his arm as it goes around her shoulder, pulling Yoona closer to him. “Stay close to me okay?” he said it as a statement rather than a question.

Yoona nodded as she rested her head on his shoulder. “I won’t go anywhere Taecyeon,” she reassured. “I don’t feel lonely whenever you’re around,” she confessed shyly.

“Good to know,” he mumbled. Even though he knew something bad was going to happen soon. All Taecyeon could do was brace himself for what’s coming up next.


sorry for taking a while guys! but here's a chappy :) 

thanks for reading! ^^