Final

Surprise

 

Luna paced around her dorm nervously, looking at her cell phone every five minutes. The living room was spotless and even the smallest trace of dust had been cleaned. She walked into the kitchen and checked on the food she had prepared for what seemed to be the hundredth time. The table had been set for two and everything was in place. In reality, everything Luna had put together was perfect. But that still did not suppress the anxiety she felt.
 
Tonight Luna was going to surprise her boyfriend with dinner she had prepared. Luna wasn't the best cook and was always afraid she'd burn something. But with the cooking lessons Victoria had given her that week she felt more confident. For once, she had the dorm to herself and was taking full advantage of it.
 
Luna looked at the time on her phone once again. It was 8:21. That meant she only had a few minutes left before he arrived. She walked into the bathroom to make sure her hair was in place and that her clothes looked nice. She wasn't dressed up or anything but she still wanted to look decent when she greeted him at the door. Her boyfriend thought they were going out on a date, but little did he know the surprise she had in store for him.
 
She made one final walk through around the dorm and sat on the couch anxiously waiting to hear a knock on the door. Different scenarios of how this surprise dinner could go occupied her thoughts. Would he like it? Would he hate it? Did she cook the food right? Did she cook enough food? Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. She looked at her phone. It was 8:30. He was right on time. 
 
She put her phone in her room and quickly walked to the door. "Onew is that you?" she asked. "Yes it is!" he responded. She opened the door with a grin on her face. "Please, come in," she said. He walked in with a smile on his face. "Are you almost ready to go," he asked. She immediately remembered the surprise and walked behind Onew and covered his eyes. Onew froze, "Luna. what are you doing?" "Do you trust me?" she asked. Onew smiled, "I trust you." Luna grinned and guided him to the living room and sat him at the table.
 
"When I move my hands I want you to keep your eyes closed. Okay?" 
 
Onew chuckled, "Okay, I'll keep them closed. But only because I love you." Luna beamed and quickly made her way to the kitchen. While Luna was in the kitchen, Onew fought the urge to open his eyes. While the internal battle to keep his eyes closed went on, a familiar aroma reached his nose. "Could it be?" he asked. Luna walked back to the table with a plate in her hands and set it in front of him. "Onew, you can open your eyes now," she said with a smile. Onew opened his eyes to see a plate of delicious chicken curry before him. "Surprise!" she shouted. "Luna, you made this?" he asked. She nodded her head, "Mhmm! I cooked it just for you!"
 
Onew grinned and immediately started eating. Luna nervously watched him as he ate. He seemed to be enjoying it, but she needed to hear him say it. "Onew, how does it taste?" she asked. Onew looked up at her with watery eyes, "Its amazing!"
 
She nearly jumped out of her seat due to excitement. "Omo! Really? You aren't just saying that?" she said. Onew nodded, "Its the best Luna! But can we talk after I finish savoring this delicious food?" She nodded her head and watched him destroy the chicken on his plate. When he finished eating Luna offered him another plate and he ate it twice as fast. Onew patted his stomach in satisfaction and smiled at Luna. "That was the best chicken curry I've ever had. It must have tasted so good because it was made with love, right?" She smiled and said, "Yeah, it was made with love."
 
Luna grabbed his plate so she could clean up, but Onew stood up and held her hand. He looked nervously at her and said, "Luna, I have a surprise for you too." She put the plate down and stood in front of him. "Really?"
 
"Yes, but you have to close your eyes and hold out your hands. No peeking," he said. Luna eagerly followed his instructions. Onew smiled and pulled out a small black box. He put the box in her hand and got behind her. He nervously wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder. "Okay, open your eyes," he said. Luna opened her eyes to see a small box in her hands. Onew reached around and opened it to reveal two silver rings. Luna's eyes widened in awe, "Is this what I think it is?" she asked. Onew nervously said, "I-its couple rings, you know. I wanted to get something that can make us an official couple. Do you like it?" Luna turned her head and kissed his cheek. "I don't like it, I love it!" Onew sighed in relief and hugged her from behind.
 
Onew took the rings and placed it on Luna's left ring finger, and he did the same with his. She stared at her hand with a small smile on her face. "Its funny..." she said. Onew looked at her, "What is?" "This. I planned a surprise for you, and I never expected you to surprise me in return." Luna looked up at Onew, "This really means a lot to me." Onew walked closer to Luna and hugged her. He looked at her and told her to close her eyes. She did as she was told and he placed a gentle kiss on her lips. When the two parted Luna grinned. "That was an even better surprise." Onew smiled and kissed her forehead, "I love you." 
 
"I love you too."