A Little Soon

A Little Soon
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

-----------------------------

It was two in the morning, Taemin was deeply asleep and poor Jongin was wide awake, desperately craving kimchi and rice.

He was only three months pregnant now, but already it seemed as though he was having his first craving. His nausea had finally let up a few days ago and with his appetite restored, he'd happily eaten all the balanced meals that Taemin lovingly prepared for him. But despite Taemin's actually quite skillful cooking, Jongin currently could think of nothing other than kimchi, its spice slightly diluted by fragrant, warm rice.

He'd have simply gone to the kitchen to quietly satisfy his craving were it not for the fact that they didn't have any kimchi in the apartment. Jongin had also never had a craving so intense and knowing that it was probably because he was pregnant was a little overwhelming for the young man.

Ever so quietly, Jongin sat up, propping himself up against the soft stack of pillows on which he normally lay and tried his best to think about anything but food. He wasn't even hungry...!

But no matter how hard the young man tried, he couldn't stop thinking about kimchi and rice. Turning to look at the clock, he chewed on his plush lower lip a little frustratedly as he realized how late (or how early) it was. He didn't have to get up early that day- he had officially left his band activities at least until his and Taemin's child was a few years old. But he still didn't much like the idea of staying up all night, tortured by something as trivial as the desire to eat pickled cabbage and rice.

"Jongin...? Sweetie, what's wrong?"

Jongin jumped in surprise as Taemin's slightly sleep-hoarsened voice broke into his thoughts.

"I'm sorry... Did I wake you up?" Jongin asked a little guiltily.

Taemin had the day off as well (his schedule had been reduced as much as could be allowed so that he could take care of Jongin), but he hadn't withdrawn from entertainment as Jongin had and his days off were comparatively rare. Jongin knew how tired his boyfriend must be from day after day of strenuous practice and high-demand performance and hadn't wanted to wake him up when he so badly needed sleep.

"No, it's okay baby," Taemin smiled, sitting up and wrapping his arms around Jongin. "What's the matter? Do you feel sick?" He asked a little worriedly.

"No..." Jongin blushed a little, suddenly finding it even more ridiculous that he was being kept awake by a craving for food. 

"Come on, you can tell me what's wrong," Taemin

Please log in to read the full chapter