Don't Go

Don't Go (One-shot)

She sat on a rock at the beach side. Tears dripped down her face. 

She was waiting. For something to happen.

6.00. At sun set, I'll be there.  He said he'll be there. He promised - two months ago. 

Could he have... She refused to think any more. Her vision blurred as more tears welled up.

The faint memory of him smiling and kissing her forehead, telling her he would come back, then leaving. Leaving her...

She wiped away her tears and stared at the horizon. The sun was setting. Its orange and red rays bathed over her.

He should be coming... she thought with a tinge of hope. She sat there patiently, waiting for his arrival.

The sun slowly set, changing to a deep purple and red. Time was running out. His smiling face flashed in her mind and fresh tears came rolling out.

She brought her legs close to her body and dug her head between her arms, still crying. 

The sea breeze was warm, but she felt cold. She looked up and saw the sun's rays starting to fade.

Taking out a necklace from her pocket, she rubbed it between her fingers and smiled sadly. 

She was starting to loose hope. She clasped her hands together and rubbed the necklace with her forehead.

More tears came. He had forgotten. It was over. She stood up shakily and took one last look at the horizon. The last rays was shining.

She threw down the necklace and walked away. 

The wind blew through her hair and tears stuck with the hair on her face. How could he... 

She felt a little angry and walked away with fast footsteps. The light behind her faded away, leaving on a tinge of orange on the horizon.

 

He literally slashed through the crowd at the pier He was going to be late. The sun had already began its descent. 6.00... It kept running through his mind.

He looked at the sun on the horizon. It was lower by a lot than a minute ago. God knows why. 

He tore through the stretch of the beach, inviting curious looks. But he couldn't care less.

Looking at his watch, he increased his pace. It was 5.55. Five more minutes.

The sun's rays was already fading. He thought of Jessica and his eyes started welling up. Gosh he missed her. 

Renewed with energy, he sprinted forward, spraying sand in his trail.

 

She cleared her tears as she walked away. How could he... Suddenly, a voice called her.

"Jessica!" She froze for a moment but she decided to ignore him. She was feeling very hurt. He had broken his promise.

"Jessica!" he called again as he ran towards her. He grabbed her hand, but she flicked it aside roughly and walked away.

He stepped in front of her and grabbed her arm. She struggled but his grip was too tight. 

She looked away and said bitterly, trying not to cry, "Let go."

Instead, he gripped her tighter and said, "No." 

"You're a lier! You were late!" she screamed angrily. Her emotions burst through. 

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she collapsed onto the sandy ground, sobbing heavily. 

He sat down on the sand beside her and gave her a tight hug. "You idiot... You disappeared for two months... You know how worried I was?" she cried into

his chest. 

He patted her back and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "I missed you a lot too... I'm very sorry. Really." he said softly. 

She continued crying. Then she finally said, "Don't go..."  "I will never. I promise you." 

She looked at him curiously. 

 

He took out a ring from his pocket and asked, "Marry me."

She couldn't believe it. What did he ask? When everything came clear that he wasn't joking, she started tearing again and nodded her head. 

"Y-yes." she said between sniffles. He wiped away her tears wiped his finger. She smiled at him meekly.

He took her face and they leaned forward. He was smiling so hard. 

 

And they kissed, in the last rays of the fading light.