This means war

This means war

 

Sehun hates it when people interrupt his thinking, simply because it will take him a lot of time and effort to start all over again.

Sehun has a habit of analyzing stuffs and making countless questions even though most of them won’t either be answered or bother him to the extent of finding the answers for them. It seems like his brain works independently from his body but none of them ever steps on other’s foot so far. That’s why he always has the appearance of being absorbed in deep thought and somehow it makes him look a little suitable for this gang.

Yes, you read it right. Sehun is a member of a renowned gang in this ward named The Hulk. Although he thought it’s such a lame name for its reputation, he couldn’t be happier to be a part of it.

Actually Sehun was just scouted not long ago, five minutes to be exact, but he always feels like he has been belonging here since the day Jongin told him about it. He remembers how frustrated he was when Jongin was recruited sooner than him just because he’s in the same class with Taemin (and Taemin was someone Sehun didn’t even know). He remembers how desperate he was when sitting grasping the knees on the ground and watching his hyungs ganging together from afar.

However those days will no longer exist.

Today he is already seven years old and that is the legal age for being accepted, which is written quite clearly on the paper Jongin claimed The Rule. The Rule is really simple, only has two main articles.

 

Rule #1: Leader is always right.

Rule #2: If the leader is wrong, look up to Rule #1.

 

Sehun likes it. That means there are no such things he has to call Jongin “hyung” like his best friend always blabbers about or the maknae will be at the bottom line. The youngest one is supposed to be loved and put up with right? So why the heck he has two plastic bags, each in his hand, full with coke and ice cream his hyungs ordered before, walking back to their fortress from the nearest convenient store. Is this considered as violence against children as we can see on TV? Should he report to social organization or…

“Aaaaaa…..”

A shriek snaps him out of his thought again and wrinkles are formed on his forehead in no time as Sehun darts his eyes to that direction to see a bunch of girls standing in a circle, being overexcited about something.

Right, he hates girls too.

Nothing is good coming along with girls. They’re noisy, whiny and evil. Worst of all, they stole his left cheek’s ity. That was a crime, Sehun cried out dramatically but no one listened to him. His hyungs kept teasing him for being kissed by a girl. His mother even took a picture and always spazz over it whenever she has a chance. All Sehun wants is to burn it down, stuffs it inside a box and throws away to the Han River. He blames the stupid play “The Frog Prince” to leave such an uncleanable stain in his life.

Sehun is about to ignore the scene when a horrifyingly pale face in the center of the circle catches his eyes. He stops, tilting his head and squints. This is definitely called violence against children.

“YAH!”

He tightens his knuckles and yells, fastens his paces to across the street. The girls all turn back and opposite to what he expected (scared expression) they shift their “violent actions” on him.

“Ah Sehunnie…”

 “Aigoo, my little cutie pie.”

“Smile for noonas sweetie!”

“Here, you want candy?”

For seven years successfully surviving on the Earth, Sehun learns well two lessons.

One, never take candy from strangers.

And two, under any unfavorable circumstance, run for your life.

Therefore, before his cheeks being squeezed until they’re all crimson, he grabs the shivering in fear person next to him and runs off without turning his head once.

 

********

 

Jongin is the first one rushing to him when he pushes the woodened door open.

“What took you so long?” his wailing voice sometimes can give terrible headache “I’m dying here.”

However his facial muscle is loosened almost immediately as he spots a curly head behind Sehun.

“Who’s that?”

He points, exchanging curious look with his buddy.

The younger one glances over his shoulder, realizes he is still holding the stranger’s hand in his.

“I don’t know….”

Then before he could even explain the situation, the coffee-colored skin boy turns back and shouts to other hyungs who are chalking out plan for the battle they’re gonna take part in next week.

“Alert! Girl alert!”

The declaration surely makes everybody in a radius of 2 meters jump out of their wits and shoot the owner’s voice icy glare. What’s new, they all hate girls.

“What girl?”

Joonmyun narrows his brows and catches the stranger’s appearance at once.

“Who’s that Sehunnie?”

Finally

 Sehun makes a face and pushes Jongin aside. He also pulls the stranger forward to stand in a same level with him.

“He’s lost. I just rescued him from….fierce dogs.”

Dogs are more believable than big girls.

“He is a he?”

Chanyeol tiptoes with his lips pouting because he doesn’t get enough clear view. He doesn’t recognize his question sounds really weird until everyone drills hole on his forehead with their stony laser.

“What?” he defends “He could be a girl right?”

“Shut up Channie.” Baekhyun nudges him on the rib “Anyway, you shouldn’t pick up someone and bring here Sehunnie. This is our secret base.”

Someone? Sehun averts his eyes to the said boy and bits his lips nervously. But this is not just someone. He’s really cute, and his hand is fluffy. He’s a…..baby angel.

“What’s his name?” Kyungsoo speaks up, tapping his chin in thinking “I never see him around this neighborhood.”

That earns several nods from the other and all eyes are focusing on the small boy but his face is showing nothing, as if he doesn’t understand that they’re talking about him.

“Quick, answer it.” Sehun turns aside and whispers “What’s your name?”

Five seconds pass, still no reply. The boy keeps blinking his eyes innocently while hands are busy playing with the hem of his shirt. The gang exchanges incomprehensible glint with each other. They never come up against such a complicated situation before.

“Sehunnie, send him back to where you found him.” the leader folds his arms and orders “The rest come inside with me. We have to finish the plan of action.”

Sehun’s shoulders drop down. That means he doesn’t have a chance to be responsible for one of the most essential positions in the fight against The Dragon gang next week. It’s their monthly activity and the most expectant one because, well what is more interesting than a bunch of boys running around the playground and trying to shoot others with their color water gun.

He practiced really hard and even beat Jongin twice last Friday on PS when his best friend came for a sleepover. Now he has to wait for another month to actually show his skills and it all thanks to that person who by the way is staring at him with his big beautiful doe like eyes.

Sehun swears he could see his dumbfounded face in reflection through them and he couldn’t help but shaking his head to pull himself back to earth.

“Let’s go.”

He turns on his heels and waggles his finger, motion the other to follow him suit. Sehun uses all the time to ponder about the baby angel walking behind him and this time, he wants them to be answered.

“What’s your name?”

Sehun asks inquiringly, sitting down on a swing in the playground and signals the other to do the same.

“I’m Sehun.” he tries again, pointing his thumb on the chest, stressing every syllable “Oh. Se. Hun”

And it works.

No scratch that. Miracle happens.

“Lu. Han”

The big smile plasters on the Luhan boy’s face gives Sehun a . People say he’s cute and he saw his “super cute” pictures before too but compare to what he has just witnessed, they are nothing.

“I’m seven. You?”

He eagerly holds up seven fingers and gets both open hands in reply.

“Ten? But you look like five.”

Sehun pouts. So Luhan is older than him, which means he can’t do anything a hyung will do to a dongsaeng right? Like rubbing his curly hair, pinching his bubby cheeks or even ordering him around.

Okay, he admits it, his hyungs never do any of those with him, except for the last one (though Joonmyun hyung asked very nicely ‘Sehunnie, could you please go to the convenient near the playground and pick up some drinks? Here’s your money.’)

Sehun takes a quick glance at Luhan and suddenly his face lights up as a positive thought comes across his young mind.

Noone needs to know about the fact that Luhan is actually a hyung and as long as Luhan keeps refusing to respond to his hyungs like fifteen minutes ago, they’ll be just fine.

 

**********

 

A week passed in a blink of eye and Sehun didn’t have a chance to see Luhan again. After their first encounter, he hasn’t heard anything from that boy. In fact, after the impressively short conversation back then, Sehun failed to go any further to get more information and let the silence invade the space between them. Luhan seemed not mind about it at all, found it entertained to swing his legs back and forth on the swing but then got a phone call and while Sehun was still dazed because he could not understand a word, Luhan bid him a goodbye.

However, today is not about Luhan. Today is about the mimic battle and he’d better keep his head on the game.

Two gangs gather at the playground from early in the morning (when I said early, it meant after 9 a.m, when they’ve all finished their breakfast), well-prepared with weapons and high fighting spirit. Greeting each other is one of the most important steps to show your gang’s determination and of course, it will be from the leaders.

“Kim. Joon. Myun”

“U. Yi. Fan”

“It’s Wu, you idiot.”

“I don’t care, ”

“You’re going down.”

“You’re going downer.”

“You’re going downer…….than downer.”

…….

…………

“Your Korean !”

And that is the end of the sweet yet aggressive conversation between the two leaders and also the beginning of war.

“Okay, before we start, let’s go through the rule one more time.” Yi Fan clears his throat to get full attention “You have one minute to dispose your troops, when you hear the alarm ringing, set the fire. Find and kill your enemies. The winner will have the right to order the loser to do whatever he wants.”

The Chinese boy continues “Since your team recruited a new one, Sehunnie, my team also has someone. He’s just a temporary because he came here for a short visit. He’s my cousin and…….err…where’s Luhan?”

Yi Fan pauses and looks around, hoping the said boy doesn’t get lost again. On the other side, Sehun looks like he’s having a .

Luhan? My Luhan?

Wait, no. There is no “my” here. Just a Luhan.

Luhan, the stranger.

Luhan, the baby angel.

Right, there he is. My Luhan.

………….

I really need to stop thinking.

 

Yi Fan finally finds Luhan hiding behind a nearby bush and brings him out. Sehun can tell everyone in his gang recognizes the smaller one right away but strangely, they just exchange smirk without a word.

“Sorry, he thought the game already began.”

“Okay. Let’s do it.”

The two leaders get closer to set the alarm on their hand watches and bam, twelve boys spread out to their decided spots.

Sehun tightens the pistol in his hand, squats down behind the furthest tree and pants. His mission is to strike down the raw recruit from The Dragon gang, which he thought was simple at first, but now as it turns out Luhan, nothing is promised.

He carefully pokes his head out of the hiding spot, scanning the playground quickly. He sees Baekhyun hyung slowly crawling along the big piles, approaching Minseok hyung. It’s a dangerous move but worth a try because if he’s fast enough, the opponent won’t have time to turn his hand.

One

Two

Three

 

Bang.

The Hulk 1 – The Dragon 0

 

Way to go Baekhyun hyung!

Sehun silently cheers but it seems like he is excited too soon. Right after that, Baekhyun is knocked down by a blue water jet on his back and it’s from no one but Yi Fan, the leader.

 

The Hulk 1 – The Dragon 1

 

The maknae pulls his head back and leans on the tree. There is no time to watch the others fighting, he has to go find his target and staying at the edge of the playground doesn’t help him accomplish the mission.

Thinking so, Sehun quickly checks around one more time and runs to another tree. He spots the bush Luhan chose before and cautiously takes a roundabout route to get there without being caught. He sees four out of six people in his gang already sitting on the ground chatting with three boys from the adverse one. After all they are classmates.

As soon as he comes close to the final place, a curly head vaguely gets into his sight.

 

Gotcha!

 

But then again, he is overjoyed too soon.

The moment he holds up his gun and prepares to shoot his very first time, Luhan suddenly turns back and their eyes are locked into a strangely doting look.

Sehun doesn’t know what to do. His brain out of nowhere stops working.

“H…Hi…”

He sputters.

What an inappropriate time to say hello!

Sehun roots his knees to the ground.

Unfortunately, Luhan does not. The older boy smiles and shoots.

 

********

 

Thanks to Sehun’s stupid fault (which no one knows because it happened behind the bush), The Hulk loses the battle to The Dragon. There’s no need to say how swaggering Yi Fan is when he announces the result.

“So….losers” he drags out his hateful smirk “Since Luhan is the last one to survive, it’s fair enough to let your punishment in his hand.”

He stops to explain the situation to his cousin and they have a small conversation which Sehun assumes is not so good because Yi Fan gets wrinkles on his forehead when he’s back. He even sends a weird look to him before claims the request.

“I don’t know if it’s a joke or not but Luhan wants to take Sehun with him to China next week when he flies back home.”

Everyone is frozen.

No one dares to say a word.

 

Where is China? Is it far from here?

Do I need to bring more warm clothes?

 

Sehun almost thinks about how he’s gonna tell his parents about him moving to China when he feels someone clinging on his back, srceaming beside his poor ear.

“Noooo, Sehunnie will not go anywhere. Go back to your place alone, you freaking creeping angelic smiling Chinese devil. Sehunnie is ours. Hyung, say something!!!”

 

And that is how Jongin dramatically saves Sehun free from a “slave trade” to China. But what he doesn’t expect is Luhan will come to get Sehun five years later. That time, it will be permanent.

 

------------

A.N/ It's not cute, I know T___T