two

Out of My League
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun could feel multiple pairs of eyes on him. This was not new; in fact, he really should not let it even occupy his mind, even for a brief moment, anymore, but he couldn't help it especially when he could hear every syllable they uttered crystal clear. 

"Look how skinny he is!"

"Does he even eat?"

"Nope. Never seen him eat."

"Is he anorexic?"

"I saw him picking up a half eaten sandwich at the cafeteria last week!"

Sehun was not anorexic. He had never eaten someone's leftovers, and he had hyperthyroidism. A condition he needed treatment and care for, but couldn't bring it to his parents' attention, much less afford it. Good, Sehun thought, maybe this will take me quicker and then the pain will be over. Cutting wasn't enough to guarantee him a ticket into the afterlife, he knew from experience. All it did was earn him some large scars all over his body, and further angered the set of people he had to call his parents on the daily. The said people were not happy in the slightest to have had to rush to the hospital in the middle of the night, when they were at their busiest, to pay and pick up their sad excuse of an offspring from hospital. But the benefits for Sehun's parents far outweighed the previous expenses Sehun accrued, so this arrangement still worked for the time being. 

"He probably just has good metabolism." 

Sehun immediately perked up when he heard that sweet, gentle and caring voice among the harsh criticism. He could feel the heat creeping into his cheeks as he scurried away from the cafeteria entrance. Sehun has to hide his emotions all the time, and he's good at it. But when Luhan's around, or even the mere mention of his name? Sehun becomes a tomato, and then sometimes a beetroot when Luhan is miraculously within a two metre radius. There has probably only been four times this has happened. Once, when Sehun had collapsed from fatigue, and Luhan shared his waterbottle with Sehun and then took him to the nurse's office. The other three were when the cafeteria or hallways were too crowded and everyone was practically shoulder to shoulder and privacy didn't exist for a good few minutes. 

But for everything and everyone else, Sehun has become immune

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter