Chapter 4

Monotonous Life, They Said

Chapter 4 - Spreaded News


 

“He's back.”

“Wow, when will he come?”

“2 days before Zelo's comeback!”

That's what you heard during school that day. Almost all the students especially the girls were talking about someone's comeback.

 

  You were eating lunch in the school's cafeteria. Your friends who sat with you were busying themselves with chatting each other while eating their own foods, until Seung Mi approached your table and slammed her tray making you and your friends startled. You choked on your food, Soojin gave you your drink while patting your back. You thanked her before looked at Seung Mi who already sat down in front of you.

“Why did you slam the tray?” You gulped down your water, still eyeing her.  She apologized to you before speak,

“Do you guys already hear the news?” She asked excitedly.

“Hear what?” Soojin asked.

“All of the students I passed by were talking about this Zelo guy. Seems like he is popular among them. I wonder how he looks,” Seung Mi placed her palm under her chin.

You were too busy digging your food so you didn't pay a full attention towards Seung Mi. She kept talking about that guy before followed the others to finish her lunch.

 

  You were split into different class with your friends before. You picked your books for the next class then grabbed a pack of juice from your locker. You walked through the hallway, sipping your juice until someone called you. You turned around only to meet Jonghyun's face.

“Wanna go together?” He brought his books for the same subject as you since he was your classmate who was your seatmate too.

You shrugged, ignoring his offer and continued walking, still sipping your juice. He sighed before followed beside you. It's better than you reject his offer coldly, you sometimes did that when you were in a bad mood.

  You two arrived at the class and sat on your own chairs. You listened to some musics while waiting for the teacher by looking outside the window. You nibbled the straw of your already empty juice pack while enjoying the music. Someone interrupted your calmness by nudging you reapetedly. It's no other than Jonghyun.

You looked at him,“What?”

You were annoyed that he disturbed your calmness. He pointed to the front, you followed his direction with your gaze then saw your teacher prepared to teach the class. Your mouth turned into a small 'o' before took your headphones off your head.

 

  During the class, Jonghyun always annoyed you by nudging your elbow purposely when you were writing notes, or doodling on your book if you were focusing on the board. You already used to his annoying behaviour, but you still felt disturbed. When you saw his doodles on your book, you sent him a death glare and he only blinked innocently at you while raised his shoulders. You could just rolled your eyes because of his expression, you couldn't scold him because that would be only a waste of energy since he was a stubborn who wouldn't get affected by your anger. Jonghyun gave you a sly smile before turning his focus to the board.

 

*          *          *

 

  “So, what do you think about that guy?” Seung Mi called you when you were having dinner.

“Which guy?” Your voice muffled because of the food you were munching. You could hear Seung Mi mutter something about your lack of enthusiasm under her breath before sighed,

“Zelo.”

Again. You rolled your eyes.

“Have no idea. Why? You like him?”

“N-no! I'm just... curious.” You hummed in response.

“Oh, just wait til—”

“I'm home!” Jongup slammed open the front door making you turned to his direction. You saw him threw his body on the couch before turning on the TV. You rolled your eyes before say sorry to Seung Mi for the sudden interruption.

“What did you wanna say before?” She asked.

“Yeah, if you curious, just wait until he appear.” You said in a matter of fact way. “Well, except you want to stalk him by searching for his house and watch his every moves.”

Seung Mi scoffed, “I'm not a stalker.”

“Yeah, yeah. Dream your Zelo, okay? Bye.” Before she could reply, you hung up.

 

  Feeling thirsty, you walked to the refrigerator to take some juice. You closed the door when you heard Jongup called your name then raised his hand while looking at you. You know what he mean then picked one more pack of juice to throw to him.

 

  “Hey, sit here.” Jongup patted the empty space on the couch beside him. You obeyed then took a sit next to him. You two enjoyed the film on TV before Jongup suddenly asked,

”You know what, my friend will be back to our school.” He beamed.

“Who?” You asked but didn't face him.

“Zelo.” You groaned because you were tired of hearing Zelo's name the whole day.

“Don't care.” You replied honestly. But, that was true. Actually, you were the least anticipate among the other students.

“Are you serious? Have you ever heard your friends talking about him?” Jongup widened his eyes and faced you.

“Yes. Seung Mi called me just now only to blab about him,” You answered. Jongup just blinked several times before ask you another question,

“But, don't you know that he's quite popular? And you don't even care?” You started to felt annoyed from his sudden questions. You shrugged before faced him.

“You want a honesty? Well, to be honest, I don't even give a about him or how popular he is, and I'm starting to sick of hearing his name,” Hearing your answer, Jongup scoffed. He really hate her sister's blunt personality.

“Fine.” He snatched your finished juice pack with the straw you were nibblng in it before threw it to the bin near the couch. You glared at him, but Jongup just shook his head before rested his head on the backrest and focused on the film.

What a girl.