1.

A Call From The Past

It was a sunny day.

The clouds had given the city a break for once and let the sun shine throughout the whole week. Taeyeon got out of her car and grabbed the cup of coffee before she walked towards the school building. She had about thirty minutes so sit down and enjoy her morning coffee before the horde of kids would arrive to the school.

''Morning Taeyeon!''

Her colleagues showed up one by one, greeting her as they hurried with their papers and whatnot. She greeted them back and watched them run around. Taeyeon rather liked to save some time to take things slowly, and that's what she did every morning when she came to work.

She thought that teaching would be easy, especially teaching music to children but that turned out to be the other way around. Even after a year of working with the kids Taeyeon would usually finish the class with only a little bit of nerves left. It wasn't like that all the time though, most kids were obedient and did whatever they were told to do, but the hooligans were the ones that tested Taeyeon's nerves.

Despite that, Taeyeon loved working with kids, she had found her own passion for singing and playing instruments when she worked as an intern at a kindergarten after finishing university two years ago.

Seven years was a very long time. She couldn't believe it had actually been that long, it was as if the years just flew by her eyes. When she moved to Seoul, she didn't make so many friends, she liked to be alone and enjoy the little silence she could get at home after work. Also bringing up the past was too painful for her. She didn't have a dark past or anything, but simply remembering the events after her graduation wasn't something she liked to think about.

So she became distant and tried her best to avoid anything that had to do with emotions or feeling 'something' for someone. There hadn't been no one though, she showed no interest towards anyone.

Even though she lived alone, she still missed her family and made sure to call them atleast once a week to catch up with her own business and theirs. It was hard for her to live alone in a big city and not knowing anyone but she grew to love Seoul and she became content with the way her life was.

It was seven years ago when the whole 'Tiffany episode' had happened and Taeyeon chose to forget everything that happened then and before that. She did not want to remember anything about her. For a long time Taeyeon even wished she had never met her. At first it felt almost impossible for Taeyeon to wipe the memories away from her mind, not being able to forget made her toss and turn in bed vigorously almost every night.

Then one day it just stopped.

She didn't think about the girl anymore. And ever since, she had put everything behind and only concentrated on her future and what it might bring to her.

Taeyeon worked hard in the university to get her degree and then as a part of becoming an adult, she moved to Seoul. She got a job as a music teacher pretty quickly as the principal was very impressed with her singing and ability to play instruments.

After getting the job, Taeyeon was more than excited to start all over again.

 


 

The weather suddenly got colder. It wasn't sunny anymore, it was raining almost everyday and everyone were forced to wear coats and jackets. Whenever Taeyeon looked outside from her bedroom window, she could see the streets covered with people carrying their umbrellas.

Even though the weather was so grey and gloomy, Seoul still looked as beautiful as ever in Taeyeon's eyes.

Winter must be approaching.

It was the topic on the news, at work and even when Taeyeon talked to her parents. The damned cold weather.

Along with the sudden change of weather, Taeyeon constantly felt like something was going to happen. She didn't like that feeling at all because it made her feel very uneasy.

''Morning Taeyeon,'' her collegue greeted her. Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and smiled.

''Morning...''

''Oh you seem tired today...slept bad?'' they asked.

''Mmm...yeah kind of.'' Taeyeon said and sighed. ''I think it's the weather.''

''I know right! The weather is driving me crazy! And they even said this month was supposed to be warm...'' her collegue replied while shaking her head and arranged her stack of papers on the table.

Despite the tired state Taeyeon was in the whole day at work, she managed to get everything finished.

''Finally it's friday...'' she muttered to herself when she got in her car.

To Taeyeon, weekend was the ultimate savior for her after a long week. She would sleep late and not even once think about anything that related to work. On her way back home, she went to get pick up food from her favourite restaurant and some ice cream from the grocery store for dessert.

''Good evening.'' Taeyeon greeted her neighbor.

''Oh, good evening.'' the old lady said with a smile. Taeyeon returned the smile before disappearing into her apartment.

After working for some time, Taeyeon was able to afford an apartment from a nice neighborhood, near the center of Seoul and the school she worked at. She chose the apartment from the highest floor, because the view from the balcony had captured Taeyeon's heart.

Almost immediately, Taeyeon changed into her pajama pants and a loose shirt before she sprawled on her couch with the food and decided to catch up with her favourite drama.

Watching dramas always made Taeyeon think about her love life. She was 25 years old already and she hadn't found anyone. Most of her friends or colleagues at work had their partners to share their life with. She didn't exactly need someone to make her happy but she thought it would be nice to atleast have someone to expect to come home to be with her.

By the end of the show, Taeyeon was still eating her ice cream and going through the channels to find something else to watch.

''News...news....more news.'' Taeyeon nonchalantly said and skipped the channels.

Suddenly her phone rang and she tried to look for it on her couch before she realized the phone was in her bedroom.

''Ugh...really...'' she sighed and set the tub of ice cream on the small table.

She took her phone back to the living room and raised a brow as she saw the number was unknown. She plopped down onto the couch and pressed the answer button.

''Hello?''

''...''

''Hello?'' she said again.

''T-Tae?...Taeyeon?'' a voice asked. Taeyeon furrowed her brows at the strangely familiar voice.

''Yes, who's there?'' Taeyeon asked as she picked up the ice cream to eat again.

''Umm..It's me, Tiffany.''

Taeyeon's eyes widened and she dropped the tub on the floor, ice cream splattering all over her carpet and the floor. She swallowed hard and stayed quiet.

Oh my god.

''I'm sorry I'm calling so late...''

''H-how did you get my number?'' Taeyeon's voice was shaky and her hands even shakier. She couldn't believe she was hearing Tiffany's voice again after so many years.

''Oh...I had it saved somewhere on my old school notebooks...funny, huh?'' Tiffany replied and added a small chuckle at the end. The line was quiet again as Taeyeon was still trying to recover from the shock she was in.

''Listen Tae...'' Tiffany said quietly. ''I heard you live in Seoul now...I'm here too. I was wondering if I could come over?''

Taeyeon's heartbeat increased in a second. She had a hard time control her breathing and hearing that Tiffany wanted to visit her was just adding more to the anxiousness.

''Uhh...I Yeah I live...in...Seoul now.'' Taeyeon stumbled with her words. She hit her forehead with her palm for making herself sound like an idiot.

''Ummm...'' Tiffany hummed, obviously being loss of words as well.

''Do you mean like right now?'' Taeyeon then asked and looked at the clock on her wall. ''It's 10pm but I wasn't planning on going to sleep early since it's the weekend.''

''Hmm. If it's not a problem then that would be really nice.''

Taeyeon looked around her apartment and decided it looked presentable enough. ''Okay...well let me send you my address in a text then''

''Okay!'' the voice said cheerfully. ''Bye!''

''Bye...'' Taeyeon replied meekly and hung up.

She found the number Tiffany called from and quickly typed out her address in a text for her and sent it. Taeyeon threw her phone on her couch and jumped up, stepping onto the melted ice cream on her floor and carpet.

''Oh god...oh...GOD'' she grabbed her hair and cried out loud. ''I can't believe this!''

She finally noticed the ice cream and ran off to put her ice cream covered socks into the washing machine and began to clean everything.

''I really can't believe this...'' she mumbled to herself as she rolled the dirty carpet so she could take it to the cleaner later.

''Hwang freaking Tiffany suddenly called me after seven years...'' she continued to mumble and shook her head.

So typical of her.


After anxiously waiting and walking back and forth in her apartment, the doorbell rang. Taeyeon took a deep breath and went closer to the door.

''Okay...relax Taeyeon...relax.'' she told herself and opened the door.

Her jaw dropped to the ground and she forgot how to breathe as she looked at the girl in front of her.

''Hello Tae!'' Tiffany greeted her and smiled. Taeyeon blinked and tried say something back but her mind was completely blank because of Tiffany.

''Uh...hi.'' Taeyeon replied with a cracked voice. Tiffany chuckled a little and Taeyeon felt her cheeks redden in an instant.

''Come in.'' Taeyeon said quietly this time and with her head lowered as she stepped to the side to let Tiffany in.

''Thanks,'' Tiffany smiled at her and went inside. Taeyeon closed the door after her and walked ahead to lead the way.

She hasn't changed a bit...

''I could make some tea for us.'' Taeyeon suggested and turned around to face the girl. ''But I don't have cookies or anything...well I had ice cream but I had a little accident earlier.''

Tiffany nodded with a smile. ''That's okay Tae. I didn't come here to eat all your cookies...''

Taeyeon let out an awkward laugh and started to prepare the kettle for the tea. She saw Tiffany take a seat in front of the kitchen table and looking around.

''Your apartment looks nice.''

''Yeah it's nice.'' She agreed.

''Do you mind if I go and look around?''

Taeyeon nodded as she turned around to face around Tiffany. ''Yup. Go ahead.''

Tiffany flashed a smile and left the kitchen. Taeyeon silently took another deep breath to calm her down but her poor heart still thumped loudly in her chest.

The water boiled and Taeyeon filled two cups and set them on the table to cool down a little before she went to look for Tiffany. She saw her staring at the photo frames stacked on the shelf in the living room. She slowly walked beside her and saw the photos of herself with her family and friends.

''So cute..'' Tiffany said and chuckled a little. Taeyeon looked at her and saw that Tiffany still looked the same as she did during their high school days, except for her hair that was now dark brown and she used more make up.

Tiffany met her gaze and she smiled sweetly. ''You haven't changed at all Tae.''

Taeyeon shrugged and laughed a little. ''I'm still me.''

''So true. You just look more...mature,'' Tiffany said and used her finger to swipe Taeyeon's hair behind her shoulder.

Taeyeon became paralyzed and stared at Tiffany like she had seen a ghost, but she couldn't help it. Tiffany still had that affect on her after all these years.

''I already poured the tea on our cups.'' Taeyeon quickly walked back to the kitchen with her head lowered to hide her red face.

 




''So Tae...why did you choose to move to Seoul?'' Tiffany asked as they were drinking the tea.

''Well, I got a job here and I just wanted to change the scenery after graduating from university,'' Taeyeon gave a small shrug.

Tiffany's eyebrows raised and she took a quick sip. ''Really? What do you do?''

''I teach music at a school.''

''Oh but that's great Tae!'' Tiffany exclaimed happily, her eyes disappearing as she smiled widely. ''But I bet they get on your nerves sometimes, right?''

Taeyeon laughed and nodded. ''There are times like that, yes.''

Tiffany joined the laughter and shook her head.

''What about you?'' Taeyeon then asked.

Tiffany took a deep breath and leaned her chin against her palm.

''I studied art and then it just...'' Tiffany stopped midway of her sentence. ''I quit everything because my husband had a good job to bring enough money for us.''

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip and nodded. Tiffany did get married after all, just like she assumed from the diamond ring that decorated her slender finger.

''Would you want me to show you around some more?'' Taeyeon asked, changing the subject. Tiffany smiled and nodded in response.

They walked slowly as Taeyeon showed her living room, her bathroom and lastly her own bedroom.

''So yeah that's pretty much it apart from the guest room,'' Taeyeon told her as they seated on the couch in the living room.

''Guest room?'' Tiffany asked curiously.

''Yeah...my little sister sometimes comes here during the holidays.'' Taeyeon replied, not sure if Tiffany remembered she had siblings.

''Oh Hayeon right?'' Tiffany asked and did a little squeal. ''She was so little when we were younger...and so cute!''

Taeyeon laughed and nodded. ''She still is...even though she has grown to have a feisty attitude sometimes.''

''Yeah, just like you.'' Tiffany playfully pushed Taeyeon's shoulder.

Taeyeon shot a glare at the eyesmiling girl. ''Hey, I'm not feisty.''

''Oh really? I can still remember those times when you were so irritated about the smallest things,'' Tiffany continued to laugh and pointed at Taeyeon. ''Especially those glares!''

''Whateve,r'' Taeyeon rolled her eyes and watched how Tiffany continued to laugh. Once she came down from the laughter, she sighed deeply and softly smiled at Taeyeon.

''It has been quite a while, hasn't it Tae?'' Tiffany stated.

''Yeah.'' Taeyeon agreed along with a nod.

Taeyeon noticed how Tiffany's expression became different and she remembered it only meant one thing - something was going on.  

''Taeyeon I...'' Tiffany took a deep breath again and pinched the bridge of her nose.

''What is it?'' Taeyeon asked, now becoming curious.

''I need a place to stay in for tonight...I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't something I really needed right now.''

''Oh...but I thought you were staying in a hotel?'' Taeyeon wondered outloud.

''No.'' Tiffany forced a stiff laugh. Taeyeon looked at her and understood that she should stop prying.

''Alright. I'll show you the guest room and give you some clean sheets.''

Taeyeon stood up to go get the stuff for Tiffany. She felt her grab her wrist and she spun around to face Tiffany.

''Thanks.''

''No problem.'' Taeyeon replied, giving a smile before going into her own bedroom. As she pulled out the sheets from the closet, she couldn't help but think about what was going on with Tiffany. The expression she had was once again controversial just like

Taeyeon shook her head to get rid of the thoughts of her past.

''Not going to bring back those memories now...'' Taeyeon muttered to herself.

She went to take the stuff to the guest room and noticed that Tiffany was standing in front of her balcony door. She dropped everything on the bed in the guest room and then went to Tiffany.

Taeyeon watched how she hugged her own petite body and from the window's reflection, she could see the somber look on her face. Taeyeon slowly walked up to her and Tiffany turned around to face her.

''Everything's there...I'll help you to put on the sheets.''

''Alright.''

They worked together in silence to put the sheets on the bed but Taeyeon could feel Tiffany's eyes on her the whole time. It was making her so uncomfortable but she did everything she could to ignore it.

Taeyeon threw the pillow on the bed and straightened her back with a loud sigh.

''Just let me know if you need anything else.''

''No this is more than enough for me...thank you again'' Tiffany replied truthfully.

''You're welcome Tiffany. Goodnight.''

''Goodnight Tae!'' she heard Tiffany shout at her.

Taeyeon went to the kitchen to get some water before she went to her own room. On her way she saw that the door to the guest room was closed, so she assumed Tiffany had gone to sleep already.

As soon as her head hit the pillow, her mind quickly wandered to the girl. It was unbelievable that she was actually in her apartment right now, sleeping in the next room.

''What a day...'' Taeyeon mumbled to herself. Noticing how weirdly Tiffany was acting was lighting up her curiosity. Why had Tiffany came to Seoul and especially without any luggages?

And why'd she call Taeyeon out of all people?

She didn't want to see how hard Tiffany was trying to act like everything was alright, she didn't want Tiffany to come to her and seek comfort from her because she wouldn't be able to give that. Taeyeon didn't know how to react to all of this, it was almost like a weird dream.

As much as Taeyeon didn't want to, she thought about the expression Tiffany had. She could remember that face, it was something that was a reminder of what had happened years ago. Something that Taeyeon tried so hard to forget all these years.

That pained expression.

That sad expression.

That guilty expression.

That heartbroken expression.

All of those together in one expression, which only Tiffany mastered and which Taeyeon did not want to see.

 



Hello guys :D

Omg I just couldn't stop myself to write this chapter T_T

I woke up yesterday and saw that i had gotten over 100 subscribers over night...thats crazy XD

I want to thank everyone once again for being so supportive, Im very grateful that you guys liked the first story and hopefully will like this one as well!

So im thinking this story will be kinda short too, if I get more ideas than I have now then it might be longer but its going to be longer than the first story for sure.

Please comment and IF you still havent, check out the first story =)

love you all~~