Chapter 2

You Should Have Never!

 

Path B: We're both into this.

 

You choose Path B

 

Ryeowook looked down, all he saw was darkness. He closed his eyes tight. 'I can't let Kyu get hurt! It's me being careless!'

 

"Kyu! Let go! You'll fall as well!!" Ryeowook said. He can stop his body from shivering. He's also scared of what will happen if he falls. He looked up to Kyuhyun. He didn't know how high he will fall but he can't get any chances. "Please let go!"

 

"Like I'll do that! Come on! Help me pull you up!" Kyuhyun tried to pull Ryeowook up. "And stop looking at me like that! I'm not gonna let go!"

 

"Kyu..." Ryeowook said silently.

 

"Don't let go!" Kyuhyun said. His eyes are shining with determination to save Ryeowook. Ryeowook eyes widen. Kyuhyun reached out his other hand for Ryeowook to reach out. Ryeowook closed his eyes tightly then opened them up and looked at Kyuhyun with the same determination in his eyes. He reaches out for Kyuhyun's hand.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. He pulls Ryeowook upwards till he was in a kneeling position but when he finally have the chance to pull him to safety the wooden floor beneath him also breaks. Inhaling sharply, he pulled Ryeowook up and hugs him to protect him at least from the impact of the fall.

 

-Time Skip-

 

Kyuhyun momentarily stared at the darkness with unfocused eyes as he lay down. He's senses came back he heard his name being called.

 

"Kyu! Kyu! Come on!" Ryeowook was shaking Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun blink his eyes as he sits up. "Kyu! Are you ok?" Ryeowook hugged him. Crying.

 

Kyuhyun smiled at the smaller boy paranoia. "Hey, hey, I’m ok! Nothing hurts k? Hmmm... Maybe a bit on the chest part since you’re hugging me so tightly." he said with a smirk.

 

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun then pouted but tears still flowing. "I'm worrying here. Dang it..." he said then reburied his face in Kyuhyun's chest.

 

Kyuhyun let it go and played with Ryeowook hair as he cries. Kyuhyun knows that Ryeowook blames himself even if he was unhurt. Silence filled the place. Kyuhyun took this as the best time to observe their surroundings. Kyuhyun took his flashlight that fell right beside him. Surprisingly, it didn't break. Kyuhyun looked from left to right. The place is filled with old and unused furniture that maybe unused even when the building still have its occupants. The place seems to be a hallway, quite hard to indifferent from a rather long storage room or a hallway since it was so filled with old items. Broken glasses linger in the old wooden floor. Kyuhyun flinched; it would be bad if either of them fell into one of those. On the second thought.

 

"Wookie... You're not hurt, are you?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

Ryeowook shook his head. "No..." he said while wiping the last tears in his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun let out the breathe he didn't realize he was holding. "good." he stood up. "I guess we should start looking for a way out here."

 

Both of them stood. Kyuhyun alerted Ryeowook about the glasses in the floor. As they are looking for the way out Ryeowook found his broken flashlight. And in a way, they found a way to make it usable.

 

During their hunt for a way out of the basement they suddenly heard laughter filled the dark hallway which startled the two young teens. Ryeowook took hold of Kyuhyun's hand tighter and vice versa. The laughter didn't stop and it seems to have echoed in the hallway. They shivered. The laughter sounded young. Most probably children. Questions like where is it coming from and what are children doing here came to their minds. As they follow the laughter they came to the hallway's end. A door, a rusty old metal door. The laughter is coming inside the door.

 

Gulping, Kyuhyun walked towards it while Ryeowook following just behind him.

 

"Kyu..." Kyuhyun nodded knowing the unspoken message. "Yeah... I know"

 

Kyuhyun tried to open the door but the old door is locked. Suddenly the laughter died down quickly as the he tried to open the door. Moments later the sound of a door being unlocked resounded throughout the empty hallway.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook. "So... Are we going inside?"

 

Ryeowook looked at him then nodded. "y-yes." he looked down then back at the door. "Somehow I felt like we should..."

 

"Are you sure?" Kyuhyun inquire one last time.

 

"Not exactly." Ryeowook answered truthfully.

 

"Don’t worry we're into this together, k?" Kyuhyun said smiling. "Besides I share the same feeling..." he looked at the door seriously.

 

Both of them took a deep breath and opened the door...

 

--

 

Hi~! I’m back… and -.- yeah… been so long… lol… heheheh…. orz . hehehe no options for now.  I need them to get inside of that room or no plot~! Yeah… ohh… so BTW to those reader of Distant Embrace. Don’t worry the next chapter won’t take so long like you have waited here and there... no seriously… I actually should be updated that instead of this as I promised to a certain someone. But the story is saved on my other device and I don’t have it here with me…. So yeah… the update of Distant Embrace will be at least next next week… sorry… and I’m sorry if this chapter is so short…

 

Shout outs:

Subcribers: SuperJuniorR_13, Aulia21, callmejasche, adiella, Kura-chan, cweetdark

path b takers: SuperJuniorR_13, Aulia21, KyuwookFTW