Part 1

Fallen Leaves

March 24, 2013

"Congrats on winning." Junhong murmured Hayi a praise for the first time on stage ever since they debuted.

It was engulfed by the resounding applauses beneath them. She didn't hear him.

 

March 25, 2013

Everyone endlessly tossed words on how much Hayi’s changed for the worst. Junhong was in a tranquil state of contemplation when he heard one of them yodel her latest song. Everyone in their class guffawed.

He glanced at her and observed her pretend to be asleep. Pretending, he knew, because he caught her wipe something off her face.

His heart weighed heavier and he had no clue why.

 

 

March 28, 2013

"What's wrong?" Daehyun asked Junhong as soon as he saw the grim expression written on the latter's face.

"I really don't know hyung." The latter shrugged in the process of shutting the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Hayi headed to the nearest water fountain to erase the stain on her bright yellow blazer before muttering a 'thank god' upon seeing her clean skirt and shoes.

She was able to withstand the agony when they violently threw their vile words at her, but today, they used flour, and she preferred the former. She cascaded to the rooftop barely making it and when she did, someone’s presence threw her off her own plan so began retracing back her footsteps.

"Wait," She halted upon hearing a familiar voice. "Stay here." The voice which emanated warmth continued.

"I was just about to go anyways."

It belonged to Choi Junhong, or Zelo of B.A.P. of TS Entertainment, she recalled as she watched the lanky figure open the fire exit and gracefully let himself out. Hayi collapsed on the floor and stared at the borderless flow above her.

 

 

March 29, 2013

"Choi-ssi, Lee-ssi, to the office." They were both scolded for skipping 5th lesson yesterday, receiving detention after school as a punishment. A rush of embarrassment and resent surged through both of them, this school is clueless.

They were handed a bin bag and instructed to collect leaves scattered on the tennis court. Hayi stared at the source of nuisance that was in the form of a cherry blossom tree.

Junhong groaned as he began picking up the dried up leaves under the scorching sun. If only he had headed straight to his lesson yesterday; instead, he allowed the fact that she was going to go through this alone bother him.

"Nobody uses this court, this is silly." He mustered up the courage to break the silence between them.

"Where did you go when you left the rooftop?" Hayi asked the latter.

"Here."

“Ah.”

 

 

March 30, 2013

"Hyung how can I talk to a girl without sounding weird?" Junhong casually asked over dinner. Youngjae and Himchan teared up out of laughter that night.

 

 

March 31, 2013

“Oh…” Junhong put his book down and hesitated, “You’re here.” He curiously stated with inexplicable uneasiness.

“You told me nobody uses this court, so…”

She placed her bag down next to the tree trunk and was just about to settle down when he offered her his jacket to sit down on, “The grass is a bit damp.” He explained.

“You read books?”

He scoffed, “What of it?”

“Don’t look it.” She bluntly replied.

 

April 4, 2013

It became an unspoken arrangement that they sit under the same tree whenever they had free lessons. Hayi for obvious reasons, and Junhong because he liked a change. Usually, both would silently breathe in the uncanny familiarity of the air around them but not today.

"Junhong-ssi," Hayi's unapproachable grandeur was swept along with the gentle breeze that caressed both of their faces. Everything within Junhong's grasp froze from when she called his name.

He didn't even hear her question after that. "How can I put 'not sure' in another way?"

"Junhong-ssi?"

"I-I’m confused." He stuttered hoping she'd repeat the question again.

"Ah got it! Thank you."

 

April 5, 2013

Some girl called her a today. Hayi couldn’t help but smirk at the irony, earning herself a slap. In front of the whole class. Tears threatened to leave her eyes as she glared at the person in front of her. This aggravated the girl further. She saw the latter’s hand raise up and closed her eyes to prepare herself for another one when she didn't feel anything.

“I’m in no position to say this,” Junhong grabbed the girl’s wrist, “But I’m pretty sure your parents didn’t bring you up like this, right?”

 

April 8, 2013

Junhong had that free lesson after lunch but he decided to spend lunch on his, their, usual spot.

He was chewing on his tuna sandwich when he caught a silhouette of someone moving from his peripheral view. It was Hayi who had fallen asleep against the trunk of the oak tree. She was leaning forward ready to face-plant its rock hard roots and in a matter of seconds, Junhong rushed to offer his right shoulder as a substitute for those instead.

With Hayi resting on his shoulder, he became wrapped in an inaccessible mood gaining an exquisite perception of things beautiful and rare. They remained in that position for half an hour, or so Junhong recalled until he too dozed off. He found out later, much much later, that the favour was returned when Hayi woke up unable to move because his head rested on top of hers.

 

April 9, 2013

Junhong was playing a video game with Jongup when his phone rang. He didn’t recognise the number.

“Hello?”

“Junhong-yah,”

“Hayi-…ah?” He carefully dropped the formalities too.

“L-let’s forget what happened yesterday.”

“What happened yesterday?”

“Exactly.”

Beep.

 

April 11, 2013

Hayi wasn’t in today. Junhong’s perspective of the tennis court in front of him grew much duller as he viewed it from the cherry blossom tree, alone. The wind moaned through its leaves.

She won M! Countdown. She thanked a special friend.

 

 

April 13, 2013

“Junhong-s..yah?” Her voice croaked. Her clock read 2AM.

“Yi-yah c-congratulations. Fighting!” He struggled in between deep breaths on the other line.

“It’s 2, are you okay?“

“Are you free tomorrow?”

“Inkigayo.”

“I meant not tomorrow, I meant today, I’m so stupid, I meant later on today are you free?” He rattled on,  “My treat.”

“I…I guess so.”

“Cool, Namsan Tower, 3PM, goodnight, I-” He paused, making her heart flutter.  “I- I can’t do it no I can’t Daehyun-hyung.” she heard him say in a hushed tone, as she heard silent sniggers coming from other guys on the other line. Cute.

“You’re going, goodnight.” She finished for him as she hung up her phone and stuffed her face into her pillow. She couldn’t sleep that night as she beamed with anticipation. She felt a new type of giddiness- it’s as if insanity and obsession collided on her stomach and radiated butterflies in a set of catastrophe. It was a feeling she missed even though it was one she never even felt before.


 

 

 

 


Hi readers, it's hischerrytomato here!

This was supposed to be a One-Shot but...I got carried away orz

So I've ultimately decided to make it a Two-Shot (>.< Please forgive me)

I hope you liked this Part, please please please comment and give me your ideas on how this could turn out. Please give me your opinions, criticism, etc!

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned!