Chapter 3

Write me lyrics

 

sorry for not updating in months!! a friend of mine wanted to write the lyrics for this chapter...and she procrastinated like :/ but she gave them to my like 10 minutes ago so here you go!
I have to admit...these are not at all the lyrics I was imagioning for this chapter. I wanted something more insightful and poetic. But she wanted a shot and im nice so imma use them :D

sadfgh ok so i noticed i have been favoring Minhyuk....ITS NOT INTENTIONAL lmao. he's just the first name that pops into my head! poor jonghyun has been so neglected D: 

PS thank you so all the new subscribers who came even though i havent updated in 1234567 years! I <3 you all

______________________________________

The next morning, MiYoung was woken by the annoyingly effective beeping of her alarm clock. Despite abruptly ending the phone call the night before because of jetlag she hadn't exactly gone straight to bed. Instead she took out a small photo book she had made with Yonghwa a few days before she left. Honestly, MiYoung had no idea why she brought it to Korea with her. It had sort of just become one of those things that she always travelled with; subconsciously packing it.

Lazily, she rolled onto her back in the fluffy hotel bed, seriously contemplating going back to sleep. But she knew that wasn't an option, she didn't want to be late on her first day at work, especially with the job she had.

MiYoung had gotten a once in a life time chance to write song lyrics for a famous korean boy band by the name of CN Blue. Or at least, everyone told her they were famous, but you see, when she tried to move on with her life like her father told her too, she abandoned all things Korean; movies, music and celebrities included. One of the directors had been kind enough to give her an mp3 player with some of the bands old songs on them though, and she got a taste of their style. Though she had to admit, she thought most of the songs they had already recorded were cliché and pointless. Now it was MiYoung's job to change that. The band's manager had made it very clear that he wanted her to completely recreate the group. She was given creative freedom and rights to write the words, orchestrations, everything. It was a lot of responsibility for such a young girl, but it filled her with a kind of invigorating empowerment. Like for once in her life, MiYoung was in control.

 

“Annyonghaseyo~ I'm Park MiYoung. Its very nice to meet you all.” she greeted politely once she was in the small instrument room. The four young looking men in front of her turned their attention from the music to MiYoung and smiled, each giving their own greeting.

“Oh there is one more, the leader, he's the oldest.” Minhyuk informed MiYoung.

“Yeah, Yonghwa hyung is in the bathroom I think. He'll be along...”

MiYoung cleared her thoat involuntary when the maknae said those words. Yonghwa? As in Jung Yonghwa? Her mind was suddenly reeling as she could feel a cold sweat forming on her brow. He's...famous? No, it couldn't be him. True he had always loved music and had talent but...had he actually pursued it in her absence?

She chewed her lip nervously and ringed her hands in themselves.“Ah did you say his name was Yonghwa?” she asked.

The boys all nodded and exchanged glances, like they knew something she didn't. “Yeah, why? You know him” said Jonghyun.

MiYoung giggled awkwardly, brushing it off. “Oh, no...probably not.” she said as casually as possible, though secretly inside she had started to panic.

“Did the meeting start already?” a deep voice cut in, followed by an average height man bursting through the doors. “Sorry for being late.” he apologized to a quite startled MiYoung. He extended his hand out as if to shake her's but retracted half way when he saw who she was and blinked dumbly at her.

Yonghwa?”

MiYoung?”

“Yonghwa!”

Manager...?

“Jungshin.” a band member called to add to the confusion.

Shut up!”

There was silence throughout the room. MiYoung was sure she has stopped breathing.

“Is your hotel the recording studio or something..?” the band leader finally asked MiYoung suspiciously. She rolled her eyes and pursed her already full lips.

“Do you two know each other or something?” the manager asked while eyeing the the pair who would not break eye contact.

Fearing another outrageous cafe catastrophe MiYoung stepped in before Yonghwa got a chance, grabbing his hand and shaking it violently. “Aniyo, it's our first meeting. Nice to meet you!”

Yonghwa could only drop his jaw and let his forearm be swung around by the girl in front of him who was smiling sweetly.

“Right,” their manager chimed in. “Now that everyone is acquainted, I'll let you get to work.”

When he has gone though the door MiYoung turned to Younghwa once again. “I'm sorry what did you say your name was?”

“Jung Yonghwa..-ssi.” He said through gritted teeth. Her smile faltered but remained on her face. “Annyeonghaseo. My name is Park MiYoung. I am the band's new lyricist.”

 

Yonghwa tried his best to keep a poker face but felt his eyes widen when she spoke. The band's new lyricist? His MiYoung was the new worker? It was impossible. She wasn't a musician. Although, he thought back to grade school, she was a poet. It was possible.

She snapped him back into reality with a wave of some papers. “Yonghwa-ssi, you should pay attention.” she scold, ing sheet music into his hand.

He glanced down and scanned them over. Rows of penciled in notes and typed words covered all pages but the last. The final one was...stage set up? Lighting? Whatever it was it was nothing he cared about, so he focused back on the actual song.

“Did you write all this?” Jonghyun asked. It was completely different from anything else they had sung.

MiYoung smiled and nodded.

“Its so...so.-”

“-deep.”Jungshin concluded. All eyes turned to Yonghwa for his take on the work. He squirmed a little under the pressure. Admitting he thought it was great would satisfy her. Making her happy was the thing to do, right?
“I mean, it's okay.” he said, tilting his head from side to side.

MiYoung twisted her lips, obviously annoyed, but didn’t say anything about it. “Great. You can sight read I assume?”

He nodded.

“Perfect.” with that, MiYoung walked to the bomb box in the corner of the room and pressed play. A quiet violin track began the song, and a few seconds later the a light drum pattern, followed by the guitars. “Go ahead.”

Yonghwa looked around nervously, cleared his throat and began to decipher the notes.

 

My smile does fade at the current events,

Wounds in my heart; now where do I begin.

If you were to leave I could learn to forget,

But letting you go would be my first regret.

 

Wont you~ hold me~ in your~ arms~

 

I can't ever close my eyes. {never close my eyes...}

With your face always on my mind.

I'd lock away our memories –

If I could get you to fall with me.

I'll let you fade if you take my mistakes

and stay far~away

 

All of these years in this body,

Let go of my life, I don't know how I should be.

Why have I come back here?

You can't heal this heart for me.

 

Try to~ save me~ don't let~ go~

 

I can't ever close my eyes. {never close my eyes...}

With your face always on my mind.

I'd lock away our memories –

If I could get you to fall with me.

I'll let you fade if you take my mistakes

and stay far~away

 

{instrumental}

 

[slower-less music]

I can't ever close my eyes. {never close my eyes...}

With your face always on my mind.

[up to spead-full music]

I'd lock away our memories –

If I could get you to fall with me.

I'll let you fade if you take my mistakes

and stay far~away

________________________________

Song: Trade Mistakes
Artist: Panic! at the Disco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUelPEdQRwg

Lyrics (with influences from above song...many) by: Tesa (she doesnt have an account :P)

COMMENTS = LOVE <3