Chapter 2

Write me lyrics

--

MiYoung heard the man order something as she came up in like behind him, leaning lazily on the larger of her two rolling suitcases and fishing her wallet out of her purse; the jet lag suddenly kicking in. The place looked pretty decent on the inside, much better than the outside; and the man looked much less creepy now that his hood was down; revealing a head of lightly tousled natural brown colored hair. She had to admit he was good looking from the back...maybe even slightly familiar. But no, she couldn't remember anyone of her old friends having dyed hair; strict school rules would never allow it anyway.

Finally the man stepped to the side, waiting for his order to come so she hurried to the front, eager to get cafine into her system.

Annyeong-haseyo. I'd like...-damn it whats the word” MiYoung cut herself off in English.“Kopei..kapi..-what the hell those aren't even korean words...”

Its 'keopi'.” the man next to her informed, his eyes never leaving the sugar packet he was braking into his own drink.

MiYoung looked over to thank him but snapped her hear straight in an instand after seeing his face. Oh no there is no way this is for real she thought becoming paranoid and biting her lip. “Ah...yeh, thank you. One coffee, please.” she then kept her eyes glued to the back of one of the barrista's heads as to not look at who was next to her.

When she seemed distracted, Yonghwa cautioned a glance at her. He thought it was odd that a girl who appeared korean had messed up a simple word like 'coffee'. Heck...it sounded the same in English which she clearly spoke as well. He brought his coffee to his lips and glanced at her. Bad idea. It took every bit of his strength to keep from spitting out the drink.

Oh no there is no way this is for real he thought as he continued looking, suddenly unable to look away. She was back, she was gorgeuous, and she was standing right infront of him.

Park MiYoung.” Yonghwa said, once again that day letting each sylabol roll over his tongue as he said it. She turned towards him stiffly gripping her coffee and with slightly pursed lips. When there eyes met he saw something. Was it recognition? Pain? It was too quick to really depict what it was exactly before a blank expression fell over her beautiful face.

America really aged her well he though to himself, gracing her with a smile that she didn't return. It made him feel uneasy but he ignored it anyway.

Uh Do you guys know each other or..” the cashier asked nosily.

No.” “Yes!” they each yelled something different at the same time, startling the cashier.

Yonghwa looked at her incredulously. What the hell was she saying? There was no way she didn't recognize him. They had known each other for sixteen years; moving away for six years doesn't make you forget. And he had seen that look cross her eyes when she saw him; she knew.

Ah, MiYoung-ah what are you saying?” he said awkwardly scratcing behind his ear, a nervous habit he had developed. “Of course we know each other.”

Mianhae. I think you're confused.” she insisted, bowing politely and leaving the cafe.

Now he was confused. Had he been mistaken? Maybe it wasn't her, he had gotten the wrong person; after all he hadn't heard from the Park family in well over four years so he didn't really know if she had come back or not.

But there was no forgetting that face.

Wait..” he called, chasing after her out of the shop and onto the street. “Ya-MiYoung, Yah!” she only walked faster, dragging her bags behind her and ignoring his calls.

Whats wrong with you! Stop ignoring me.” he yelled, pulling one of her bags from behind to grab her attention.

She stopped short and spun around, clearly getting annoyed with him. “Jung Yonghwa. Thats your name isn't it?” He stepped back, alarmed by her sudden reaction but she rambled on anyway. “You're 21, turning 22 on June 22. Funny, right? You used to live on the eighteenth floor; room 1894, right across the hall. I have no idea where you live now, probably not there. Your favorite color used to be green but judging from the amount of it you're wearing you seem to favor white now.” she smirked, looking him up and down. “Yeah. I remember you. So if you're satisfied I'd like to get to my hotel.”

Younghwa stood there dumbly, mouth open and staring. She spoke to him with a type of sass he didn't recognize or remember being apart of their previous relationship.

It's been six years and this is the kind of greeting I get..”

She huffed and looked away from him. In the back of MiYoung's mind she knew she didn't have to do this, and even more importantly she didn't think she wanted too. But after years of her father cutting her off from the Jung family and the whole of Korea, she didn't know what to do anymore.

..an..and four months.” she mumbled, averting her attention to the ground.

seventeen days...”He hadn't even realized he had whispered back to her until he say a small smile tweak the corner's of .

He kicked an imagionary rock on the side walk to pass time. “How have you been..” he asked, trying anything to start up casual conversation. He couldn't understand why this was so difficult.

MiYoung was silent for some time after that and it worried him. “I-um, I really should get to my hotel...” she told him awkwardly ignoring his question.

Let me walk you there.” Yonghwa offered, but she declined immediately; much too quickly for his liking, and so he returned her bag.

“What happened to the old Park MiYoung...” Yonghwa asked nostalgicly; studying her face. The young woman broke eye contact, gazed off clearing .

In MiYoung's mind, bits and pieces of her childhood flew by; a birthday filled with only tears, but an easter years before filled with smiles, realizing she had forgotten the phone number she used to know by heart and then realizing that it had been her last hope of ever calling that number again and crying, going to a funeral for someone who was too young and important to her to die, that confiscated cell phone she never got back.

“She grew up.” she told him, brushing past him and walking away down the nearly empty street.

He stood still for some seconds, thinking, before turning and watching her leave. Now she walked with a different kind of attitude.

That didn't matter, though; he didn't want her getting away again. “Meet me tomorrow?” he shouted to her hopefully. She simply waved him off over her shoulder. To anyone else, this would have been a submissive gesture, but it was very MiYoung thing to do, and the just glimmmer of hope he needed.

“Then...I'll call you!” he called once more before turning to leave himself and smiling.

-

MiYoung closed the door to her suite and slid down onto the floor. “Coffee, Park MiYoung? Out of all the words to forget, you forget coffee?! Aish, pabo!” She face palmed and shook her head, hitting it back against the door a little to strong, giving her self a lovely headache.

Seconds later her cell phone rang. She huffed and picked it up blindly picked it up, excpecting her cousin's motherly nagging to greet her on the other end.

“Yoboseyo?” she asked tiredly.

“Wow you picked up. Enexcpected-but good!” the voice on the other line chirped. MiYoung made a face, closing her eyes and scrunching her nose up.

“Yonghwa-ssi what are you doing?” she whined into the phone, massausing her temples.

“Eh?” he questioned, surprised that she was showing interest, despite the tone of voice. “Right now...I am at my dor-”

“Aniyo why are you calling me.” MiYoung cut off, now curled up on the floor infront of the suite door and balancing her cell on top of her ear and cheek. There was a breif silence and she she bit back the erge to apoligize and stop being so cold.

“Ah...yeah. Well you said I could call you about tomorrow, so, I'm calling?”

For a few seconds she let her lips curl up into a smile because he had told her he'd call and better yet he'd remembered. But she wasn't really in the mood to be fake or deal with him right now, so she dismissed herself from the call. “Yonghwa-ssi, I had a long flight, I'm quite tired. Could we talk tomorrow?”

He seemed to understand and complied. “Oh, of course. I can call you on my lunch break?” he offered. The band had a meeting with the new lyracist in the morning at 9:30, but he figured they should be done with that before noon.

“Neh, thats fine. Bye.” she clicked off the phone and tossed it blindly up to the bed, pulling her knees into her chest. “Appa~why do I act like this, what did you do to me...”

--

Did you know that most people in the world meet there soul mate when they're sixteen?” Yonghwa informed the other members while he fished a pick out of his pocket.

She was fifteen.” someone said across the room, making him freeze.

Excuse me?” he looked up and scanned the room for the barer of that statement. Were they talking about MiYoung? He sure wasn't talking about Mi Young...was he? Finally he spotted the maknae flipping harmlessly through a magazine on the other side of the room. Yonghwa narrowed his eyes at the boy in suspicion.

She was fifteen...when you were sixteen. So, it doesn't work. Cause she wasn't sixteen yet.” Jungshin explained his reasoning to his hyung. “So if you want to play by those rules, you can't be soul mates.”

The leader's narrow eyes widened, caught off guard by what Jungshin said. “A-aniyo! Thats not how it works! And what do you mean she...I-I never mentioned anyone...”

Yonghwa saw that maknae chuckle under his breath and shake his head. “But its kinda obvious who it is hyung.”

Who even said I was talking about myself? Its just a statistic!” he yelled in his own defense. “And besides, we're friends.” he added in a slightly lower voice.

Ha. Yeah whatever, hyung.”

Aish, kids these days~ Yonghwa thought to him self, annoyed. He picked his phone out of him pocket and dialed the number he had been dying to call for years, amazed that he still new it by heart. It only rang twice before a very bord sounding MiYoung picked up.

Yoboseyo?”

“Wow you picked up. Enexcpected-but good!” he exclaimed, not worried about her tone of voice.

“Yonghwa-ssi what are you doing?” she aked, sounding very much surprised; as if she was expecting someone else to be on the other line.

“Eh?” he questioned, surprised that she was showing interest, despite the tone of voice. “Right now...I am at my dor”

“Aniyo why are you calling me.” MiYoung cut off.

“Hyung. Hyung, is that her?!” Minhyuk called out, raising his eyebrows suggestively and smirking. Yonghwa made a threatening face and waved his hand for them all to shut up.

“Ah...yeah. Well you said I could call you about tomorrow, so, I'm calling?” he heard one of the band members snicker and rolled his eyes, turning away from them and sandwiching the phone against his shouler so he could get out his guitar.

“Yonghwa-ssi, I had a long flight, I'm quite tired. Could we talk tomorrow?”

“Oh, of course. I can call you on my lunch break?” he offered.

Neh, thats fine. Bye.” she agreed before dismissing herself from the phone call.

Rest well, bye.” hanging up, he fell back onto the couch, letting his legs dangle over the armrest. He started playing chords but suddenly got irretated and stummed ugly nonesense.

This had not been the reunion he had expected (if there ever would have been one), and he was afraid tomorrow would be just as bad.