Chapter 8

Take a Chance

 

 

....“I love you.”

Watching his face transform from cool indifference to y intent, she felt goose bumps rise on her heated flesh.

“You know what?” Dropping his shirt and shoes onto the floor he wrapped her in his arms once more and kissed her senseless. When he ended the kiss, he spoke, “I love you too.”

They stared into each other’s eyes for a long time and Yoona could feel herself blushing. “Yoona?”

“Hmm?”

It was now Nichkhun’s turn to try and get the words out and knowing how hard it had been for her she waited patiently. “I want you to come down to my condo in Seoul when we leave here.”

Saying she was surprised was an understatement. She’d been knocked for six. That had come totally out of the blue.

Nichkhun took her silence as a no, “If you don’t want to that's fine, I just thought that you know...”

A smile lit her face up and she hugged him tightly.

“I’d love to.”

He smiled gently at her and then took her face in his hands and kissed her sweetly before finally leaving her room and going next door to his own.

She sighed happily. Things were looking up.

That night she dreamt of a future. Their future.

In it she had been at a beachside villa with Nichkhun. They’d been laid in bed together, making out when the bedroom door had been flung open and two children had run in. A girl and a boy ran in screaming and threw themselves onto the bed. She grabbed the smaller child and ruffled his hair while Nichkhun tickled the girl and they giggled happily. After a couple of minutes they ran back out and her and Nichkhun had just stared at each other before kissing tenderly and telling each other they loved one another.

She woke up with a smile on her face and stretched leisurely.

It was Christmas day in three days and she hadn’t wrapped the presents yet so decided that would be her first task this morning. Throwing the covers aside she climbed out of bed and hurried to her wardrobe where she scanned the clothes until she found what she was looking for.

A fitted, red, sweater dress which she’d teamed with a black waist cinching belt and a pair of midnight black jeggings. She finished the outfit with some black fluffy snow boots.

Checking herself out in the bedroom mirror she liked what she’d managed to achieve, though her naturally straight black hair was in need of a good brushing. Grabbing her hair brush off the low shelf to her right she ran it through the silky length several times and then jiggled her fingers in her fringe until it fell into place how she wanted it. Finally happy with her appearance she glanced about her room trying to remember where she’d stowed the presents away when her stomach rumbled.

Grinning, she rubbed the area.

“You win. Breakfast first.” She left her room and wandered down the corridor to the stairs and lightly ran down the two flights before heading straight into the kitchen.

Yoona found herself coming to an abrupt halt when she saw Victoria sat at the table, a mug of what looked like coffee in front of her.

She quickly turned to disappear but Victoria stopped her.

“Surely you’re not leaving on my account?” The words were sarcastic at best.

She turned back to the younger girl and studied her. Her face was set in a mask of pure hatred. Why did she dislike her so much?

Swallowing, Yoona asked the question out loud.

Victoria’s lip curled and she sneered. “As if you don’t know you !”