Chapter 3

I'm the Best Daddy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

C H A P T E R  T H R E E

“Baby, are you ready?”

Jay came out of Hyukjae’s bedroom, dressed in a plaid button –up shirt, black pants, and a cute, tiny high cut shoes—which apparently is the only one he had. “Yes, Dada!”

Donghae saw his son, looking handsome and well-dressed. He chuckled and carried the child on his arms, planting a kiss on each cheek just because he couldn’t resist. Jay was too adorable for his own good.

“Are you excited to go into the mall?” Donghae asked to which Jay nodded to and walked in the garage which was the home of Hyukjae’s fourexpensive cars. “Hey, let me borrow one of your cars.”

Hyukjae had the urge to roll his eyes but didn’t. Instead, he faked a laugh. “What? Don’t you have any car?”

The brunet didn’t look amused, while Jay was busy looking at each of their faces, wondering if his parents were having a fight or what. “Why else would I borrow one?” He muttered, sarcastic, and laid his hand on the car Hyukjae used to fetch him on the first day.

Hyukjae scowled once Donghae and Jay were on their backs. “Why would I borrow one bla bla bla.” He imitated the other, whispering in a squeaky voice just so Donghae couldn’t hear him. It was then, the time he knew that Donghae had an excellent sense of hearing.

“Were you saying anything?” Donghae faced him and raised his eyebrow.

The poor four year old was still confused about what’s happening, couldn’t find the right words to say because his Dada and Papa didn’t look angry, but didn’t look happy either. He tugged on his Dada’s sleeve and pointed to the car, as if telling him to go inside.

Hyukjae knew he was going to give up if it was his son that was already requesting to him, and so he retreated inside where his car keys were hanging beside the door, and grabbed the one for that Audi. He passed it to Donghae, not forgetting to wave a goodbye to Jay and answer the brunet’s question.

“I’m not saying anything…” His voice trailed off while the car gets out of the garage. My car better come home in one piece with no signs of scratches, that bastard.

“…sissy.”

 

-

 

Donghae was checking his inbox, as his phone kept on lighting up for the past five minutes and besides, it was a red light, so it was kind of…safe.  He scoffed right after seeing it was just  spamming him and his inbox.

 His reaction didn’t go unnoticed by the child. “Dada, who was that?”

Donghae turned his attention away from the phone, and looked at the stoplight, which was still pretty much red. “Just your Papa telling us to take care and have fun.”

Lies. Well, kind of.

you better take care of my car and

my son or else you’re fired!

SMS 10:46 A.M.

hey why aren’t you answering

SMS 10:47 A.M.

drive yourself into a pavement or whatever,

i don’t care. just, not with my

son or my car, are we clear?

SMS 10:48 A.M.

Oh dear lord WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING????

DID YOU MANAGE TO CRASH MY

PRECIOUS CAR AND

SON INTO PIECES ALREADY????

you better didn’t or else

we’re gonna see each other in

the police station to settle this once and for all.

SMS 10:49 A.M.

wait, you’re probably driving so of course

you aren’t gonna reply. keep up the good work.

SMS 10:50 A.M.

i’m gonna shut up now and indulge in my work

related emails and ice cream.

what a weekend. just…take care, okay?

SMS 10:51 A.M.

Jay had his mouth shut after that, seeing that his Dada was engrossed in the phone, and kept all his questions to himself until his Dada wasn’t that busy anymore. He had always wanted to chat with someone and ask them things, especially now that it looked like they still got a long way before they reach the mall.

His eyes lit up when the lights went green and his Dada placed the phone beside him, proceeding to ask, “Dada, what’s the mall like?”

Dada opened his mouth to answer, however the stoplight was being an today and went too fast in turning red. His Dada probably thought about replying to his Papa first. Not like he was complaining. If he wanted his Dada and Papa to be together, then he has to stop blocking at some point and let them have their moment too. Yes.

“Wait, baby. Let me reply to your Papa first. He was really worried he sent me five texts.” His Dada explained and grabbed his phone. He can only nod at that and decided to continue sight-seeing. The huge buildings were pretty amusing to look at anyway.
 

Sissy

, i wouldn’t get my license if i was a horrible

driver, common sense? alright? you bet, i’m not like you

who lets his son drown in the pool.

SMS 10:58 A.M.

 

Jay thought he heard the sound of the phone being placed in the car’s drawer, and he wasn’t wrong. The stoplight gave them a ‘go’ sign, and his Dada was already stepping on the pedals, or whatever they were that were under his feet. He should probably ask his Dada about that after.

“What were you asking again, baby? Sorry I had to reply to your Papa first. Just want to assure him you’re safe with me.” He heard whispers of ‘pool’, ‘drown’, and his name.

Well, yeah, his Dada got very pissed last week when he knew that Jay almost drowned in the pool. He even said that the pool was going to be off limits from then on (even though the house wasn’t technically his) and blamed Hyukjae for his carelessness, threatening to take Jay away from him because of that. Luckily, Jay stood up for his Papa and said he was actually the one at fault, that his Papa was actually planning to teach him how to swim so those kind of incidents wouldn’t happen again. He couldn’t stand seeing his Papa so weak, wasn’t even able to say anything to defend himself because he thought everything his Dada said was true. All his Papa did was to stop him from reasoning out to his Dada, to which his Papa failed doing.

Being separated from his Papa or Dada has to be a no-no too. They should always be together! And he was doing all the odds just for that to happen.

“I forgot what I was going to ask Dada, but I have a second question!”

“Alright,” Donghae chuckled and gave him a short glance. “What is it?”

“What do you think of Papa’s lips?”

Donghae choked. He swore he was going to point his finger to his son if the police ever ask them why they got in an accident in the first place.

 

-

 

Okay, there was no accident, nor blood, nor lifeless bodies, just Donghae who was now getting alarmed every time the four year old tells him that he had a question to ask. Good thing he was now giving him the safe questions, and he was asking how Donghae’s childhood was, to which his Dada replied that it was awesome, and that, well, he played with girls and barbies, then asking Jay back how his experiences at the daycare center was before the child can even comment about the ‘barbie’ part.

“Fun! My classmates are very nice and lets me borrow their toys while my best friend Donghee always shares his food! I think it’s funny that Donghee’s name sounds almost the same as Dada’s.” Jay giggled.

Hearing the word best friend leaving out of Jay’s lips were enough to make Donghae proud. Jay, who had previously isolated himself in the orphanage, was now making friends, a best friend at that. It was great that he had adapted to his new life quite quickly, and understood things even if they were too complex for him to comprehend.

“We’re here!”

“Yay!” Jay cheered and rushed out of the car as soon as it was parked properly.

Donghae chuckled at the adorable child’s antics, pretty much obvious that he hadn’t been in a mall ever, albeit getting tired of chasing him all over the parking lot. “Baby! Wait for Dada!”

 

 

“Dada! What do you think of this?” Jay came out of the fitting room wearing a spiderman sweater. He made a pose he thought that looked cool, to which Donghae chuckled.

“You look awesome as always, baby. Can you try on other clothes too? I think everything in here suits you!”

Jay looked at his Dada in protest. You couldn’t really blame him because his Dada’s carrying about more than ten clothes already in his arms. That’s a lot. Plus, Dada bought him a pair of shoes already. It would cost him a lot. “Thank you, Dada. But those clothes are really, really, really many! Baby is tired too.” He pouted and slumped his back on the wall.

“Okay, fine, fine,” Donghae said in agreement, although still chortling at his son’s facial expression. “I think my wallet is running out of money too anyway. But can you blame Dada? You look perfect in everything you wear!” He pinched Jay’s cheeks, not minding the whine of complaint from the child.

“Dada, it hurts.” He gave his Dada the stink eye because of that teasing smile on his lips while he told Jay to change back in his previous button-up.  “Dada, where are we going to eat?” He asked from behind the door while he struggled in buttoni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter