Prologue

I'm the Best Daddy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P R O L O G U E

A brunette enthusiastically jumped from his bed, hastily pushing the blankets off his body. He’s wearing this crooked smile, and a pair of sparkling eyes as he searched for his phone on the night stand. Not even a second after seeing it, he grabbed the phone, with a great speed. Finding his hyung’s familiar number on his contacts, he, right away, called the number.
A few rings had occurred and one finally answered the call. “Heechul hyung!” The person on the other line could only groan though, having his beauty sleep disturbed is a no, no, no. “Good morninggggg~” The brunette purred a while after, trying to be cute to prevent his hyung from being angry.

“Now, Lee ting Donghae, why are you calling me this early?” The guy named Donghae could his body shiver a little at the tone his Heechul hyung used. He could actually imagine the man rolling his big eyes, with a diva-ish aura

Donghae gulped, and answered, “H-hyung… It’s already 9 in the morning…”

“Exactly! I should be still sleeping till 11!”

“I’m sorry! I just… I…” Donghae stuttered out as he felt himself loss for words, or more like, he forgot what he was about to say.

“Now, tell me. Get straight to the point so I could sleep or will you like your balls being cooked instead together with your intestines?”

The brunette sighed inaudibly and inattentively combed his brown locks with his fingers. He brain-blasted as he pressed his lips on a straight line. “I… I’m…”

“I’m finally going to adopt a kid, Heechul hyung!” Donghae excitedly bawled out, finally remembering the thing he was about to tell the elder after contemplating for a few seconds.

“Omygod,” Heechul groaned. “I thought it’ll be something really important like ‘Hyung! I got pregnant!’” The man chuckled though while Donghae made a long face with his lips sticking out.

“Hyung, men don’t get pregnant.”

“Yes, yes. I know, smarty-pants.”

“Anyway,” The elder mumbled. “Are you really sure about having a kid? You know, it wouldn’t be easy as what you thought it is.”

Donghae his upper lip, giving a smile afterwards. “Hyung, you know how much I like kids, right? I know it’s hard but… I’ll try my best!” He heaved a sigh, before continuing. “Being lonely for 24 years is tiring, you know.”

“Why don’t you just find someone to date?”

“Ooh no! Being in a relationship makes my in pain, like not literally, but figuratively, I guess.”

“Well, then, I hope you will be happy with your decision.”

“I’ll be, Heechul hyung,” The younger replied, finally hanging up the call.

 

Lee Donghae, 24 years of age, is currently living alone in an average-sized apartment on the streets of Seoul, while his family was left in Mokpo. Although he doesn’t want to be separated from his loved-ones, he has to, if he wants a good future await from him. It’s not like Mokpo doesn’t offer a good future, but Seoul surely offers the best jobs! He was currently a tax auditor of a company, and his job gives him a good pay. His salary was usually too big for himself, and so he sends the half of it to his family on Mokpo, so he could at least help them in their financial state.

Heechul is his previous neighbor, but due to some circumstances, he had to move out on his current apartment. But, it’s not that he fully moved out, he’s still in there, but different buildings. When Donghae was still new in Seoul, Heechul helped him to cope up, how everything works in Seoul, how Seoul is different from Mokpo, and maybe the biggest help Heechul had ever did to him is the change of his accent. Living to a province far away from the capital of South Korea is sometimes hard-but-not. For example, the accent is different, and so you have to change it or else other people would have laughed at you. Donghae remembered the first time Heechul and him talked when the latter came over his apartment to give him a welcome. Donghae politely greeted him, of course, and opened a topic so they could talk comfortably, but much to his surprise, Heechul laughed like a roaring lion. He has to calm the elder down by pouring about 3 glasses of water on its face, or else Heechul would have stayed rolling on the floor for the whole night.

Due to Donghae being single for the 24 years he has been existing on Earth (and also maybe when he moved to Seoul), he had been very lonely. He focused a lot on his studies more than his social life. He do had friends, but he doesn’t occasionally hanged out with them back to his high school and college days. He hadn’t noticed that loneliness actually when he was still in Mokpo because his family makes him happy, enthusiastic, and entertained. The said emotion just started to crept him when he moved in to his apartment in Seoul. He lives alone, and he hates being alone in fact, but he needs to get used to it so he coped up, but he got stressed, a lot. Frustrated? Maybe. And so he had finally made a decision to adopt a kid, an idea he has been thinking for more or less than a month ago. Due to that frustration, Donghae started to think about a lot of things, and it includes kids. Since he likes kids? Why not try to adopt one of them, and try being a parent? He had already told his parents about this, and they (not surprisingly) agreed! They were actually excited to see their soon-to-be-grandson soon. All of them are anticipating, and Donghae of course couldn’t wait to start his life with a cutie pie cheering him up.

 

-

 

A sound of a phone ringing and a loud grunt could be heard inside the tidy room as a red-head rolled over the bed and blinked his eyes, adjusting to light inside his room. He picked his phone in a lazy manner and answered the call.

“What?” The skinny man snapped, completely irritated by the caller. Everybody knows that he’s not much of a morning person so why do they even try to call him that early?

 

9:05 A.M isn’t that early, though.

 

The person on the other line shrieks – in the usual ear-piercing, girly tone. “Hyukjae~!”

The man, whose name is Hyukjae huffed in annoyance. “Jungsoo hyung, as much as I want to give respect to you because you’re older than me, but how dare you ruin my ing sleep, you old goose!” Hyukjae shouted, and lets himself fall on the bed.

“Lee Hyukjae,” Jungsoo gritted his teeth, and you wouldn’t even need to tell Hyukjae because he already knows. “Did you know that I called you to tell that I wouldn’t be able to accompany you today because I forgot that Sora will do her monthly visit with her doctor,” Hyukjae could hear Sora’s voice on the other line, telling Jungsoo to fasten up. The elder nevertheless, replied. Telling his wife that he’s currently talking to Hyukjae. “If it wasn’t for me telling you about that, you would be ing around again because I made you wait for the whole day.”

“Fine, I’m sorry, okay. Just, wish me luck.” Hyukjae voiced out, and finally smiled.

“Well, good luck, indeed.”

 

Lee Hyukjae, current CEO of the Sapphire Prime Holdings Inc., is a 26 year old man living an oh-I-don’t-know-what-do-to-with-my-life life. Got it? Well, other than managing the company he inherited from his parents, he doesn’t really care about doing something in his life. He’s not actually planning anything nor care.

Hyukjae got engaged about 6 months ago, with the daughter of his parents’ friends whom he didn’t even took a liking for. That woman is very sassy, and does she think she look cute when she do aegyo-es? That girl is far from being pretty, and kind. She often shouts at Hyukjae, demanding him to do this and that, as what she calls it a payment from Hyukjae because the said person agreed to that ting s arranged marriage. And the red-head was actually like, “This hag, does she think I like her? Na ah, I don’t like you too, for your information!” Or more like he said it. The girl, lucky or not, heard it and looked very offended, so the next day, she ran away to wherever-the-plane-lands country (a week before the wedding, thank God). Hyukjae’s parents and his supposed to be in-law’s shouldn’t know about the reason, or else, he will be a chopped off chimpanzee.

The man however decided to adopt a child. Two weeks after his fiancé ran away, Hyukjae just started thinking of what he should do to his life, for the first time. He’s not actually that I-like-to-date type of person, and he actually hates dating though he likes kids. He might end up being alone for the rest of his life if he kept complaining and being such a to the person he’s dating – but he couldn’t help, resulting to the poor person to dump him and the reason why Hyukjae stopped dating someone. Hyukjae likes kids, finally leading to his decision of adopting one. He doesn’t want a surrogate mother, it will take a lot of time (and money, he’s stingy, honestly speaking),because freaking 9 months! And to think that Hyukjae got excited when the thought of having a kid playing around his empty house, of course, he couldn’t wait anymore.

 

Little angel, I’m coming now.

 

-

 

Two person entered the gates of the orphanage. The one owns a brown hair and the other’s a flaming red one. Both looked at each other and gave poli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter