SUGA

O! R U L8 2?

Sorry I couldn't think of a good chapter name DX if you can think of one, let me know in the comments~:3

----------

-Your POV-

Squinting at the bright sun overhead, I was taking a stroll around the neighborhood and happened to pass by a basketball court. I could hear people playing a game, which I assumed was a basketball game. I could almost feel the excitement that was coming from the voices that were cheering for the team they wanted to win. With curiosity clouding my senses, I glanced at the people who were playing in the basketball match. However, being the clumsy person I was, I tripped over the uneven sidewalk marked with cracks and literally fell flat on my face. I slowly got up from the cold cement floor and looked to what injuries I have sustained in my fall. Staring at my scraped hands and knees, I could only think about the harsh stinging that I felt from the injuries. Blood slowly oozed out from my cut flesh, and tears began to fall from my eyes and slide down my face. I didn’t care if I looked like a kid, so I began to cry like one, letting light sobs shake my body while tears freely slid down my already slightly-wet face.

 

The sound of footsteps that seemed to be coming towards me made me curious, so I looked up to see who it was. The person who was running towards me seemed young...probably a teenager? When he was closer to where I was sitting at, I could see that he had a fine sheen of sweat on his body. I assumed he was one of the players in the basketball match, since he was wearing basketball shorts and a jersey and was sweating even though the weather wasn’t that hot.

 

“Hey, are you okay? I saw you trip and fall so I ran over as fast as I could,” the young teen asked with concern. Glancing down at my scraped hands and knees, he quickly removed the bandana that was on his head and began to wipe away the dirt and blood that was on me. Once he took off his bandana, his bangs immediately fell across his eyes. My surprise at finding how cute he was made me forget how much pain my injuries were giving me. “I thought you would’ve grown up a bit since the last time I saw you,” the guy chuckled. “You’re still the little crybaby from before,” he said, gently wiping away my tears after cleaning my wounds.

 

Coming out of my state of surprise, I managed to get a question out. “...do you know me?” I asked curiously.

 

“It’s only been a few years; don’t tell me you’ve forgotten me already!” the guy said with a voice full of hurt. “I’m Min Yoongi, your past neighbor and BFF from middle school. We used to always play basketball together because you at playing it and you needed me to help you become better at playing it. Does any of that ring a bell?” he asked, tilting his head and pouting cutely at me.

 

“I did not at playing basketball,” I fiercely threw back. “It was only because I wasn’t familiar with playing that sport...” I trailed off as I tried to get up.

 

“Here, let me help you up,” Yoongi held out his hand for me.

 

“It’s fine; I can get up by myself,” I said, sulking a bit.  

 

Grabbing onto the fence, I used it to pull myself up. When I put weight on my right leg, the sudden jolt of pain surprised me and I accidentally let go of the fence. Luckily, a hand quickly shot out and tightly gripped my waist, preventing me from falling onto the ground for the second time.

 

Without any warning, I found myself face-to-face with Yoongi. Growing red from embarrassment, I squirmed under his piercing gaze; I felt like it could look right through me and it seemed as though Yoongi read my mind when a playful grin was seen on his face. I tried to act calm even though I was completely red from being so close to Yoongi.

 

Arching an eyebrow, I coolly asked, “So...are we gonna be like this all day? Can you um...let go of me?”

 

“Are you sure?” Yoongi asked with a glint in his eye.

 

“Um...yeah?” I said uncertainly, my strong attitude from before was already gone.

 

Loosening his hold on me, I realized that Yoongi was going to drop me on the ground. Yelping, I desperately grabbed onto Yoongi’s shirt, tightly holding onto it and trying not to fall onto the ground again.

 

“Wait wait wait!" I quickly, but quietly, screamed out. "Why are you trying to drop me?" I wailed as I gripped onto Yoongi.

 

"I thought you wanted me to put you down," Yoongi chucked humorously.

 

"Please don't," I pleaded. "Please don't drop me," I said softly, looking at Yoongi with teary, puppy eyes.

 

"Aw come on! You know I'm helpless against those eyes..." Yoongi said, knowing that he had lost this battle.

 

Propping me back up-properly this time- I lightly smacked Yoongi's shoulder. "Why did you have to do that?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone. "I thought you would've gotten better after these past few years, but I guess you're still the same, irritating Yoonie," I playfully said, jabbing him in the tummy with my slender finger. "Yeah, yeah, say what you want, but I sorta liked how you tightly held onto my shirt when you thought I was going to drop you. Oh, and that pleading voice was cute too," Yoongi teasingly replied, giving me a quick wink.

 

"Yahh! Erase that from your mind!" I shouted, turning a bright pink in embarrassment. "That never happened okay!"

 

When I almost caught up to Yoongi on the sidewalk, I heard the end of his...mumbling? "...If only you knew that I couldn't forget the things about you..." I heard Yoongi quietly whisper under his breath.

 

Smacking Yoongi's back when I caught up to him, he surprised me when he flinched at my touch. "So what were you saying about me?" I asked curiously, tilting my head at a 45-degree angle.

 

When I asked, Yoongi unexpectedly turned a light shade of pink. Seeing him blush was surprising; even when he was confessed to in middle school, he didn’t even bat an eyelash, but turns pink when I overheard his mumbling? Weird.

 

“Don’t eavesdrop. It’s rude,” Yoongi tried to act cool about it, but his attempt in trying to be indifferent was ruined when he turned and walked away, still blushing.

 

"Aw you cutie pie~the blushing and embarrassed Yoonie is so adorable!!~" I as I pinched his cheeks.

 

"Yahh! Don't do that, it'll ruin my manly image," Yoongi said defensively, lightly brushing my hands away. "Oh hey, there's the park that we used to always go to. And it's where I always found you crying, curling yourself into a little ball. I’m glad I always got you to stop crying in the end,” Yoongi smiled fondly at the memories that we shared in this park. He decided to walk enter the park; turning towards me, he held it out for me.

 

“Hmm...?” I hummed curiously, wondering what to do, when I saw his hand.

 

Without replying, he grabbed my hand and held it as he began walking into the park filled with our nostalgic memories from the past. His hand felt soft and warm, but also slightly rough because he frequently played basketball with his friends. He led me to a bench and we sat down in silence. Wanting to break the tension, I asked Yoongi, "Why are we here Yoonie? Let's go get food, I'm starving." I stood up, only to be pulled back again by Yoongi's hand that was still holding onto mine.

 

Yoongi looked up, and I was surprised at how serious he looked; he would usually be smiling, but he looks slightly angry right now. "Yoongi, is there...something wrong?" I asked timidly, taken aback from his irritated expression.

 

When I asked him that, he closed his eyes and gave a deep sigh. "Do you remember how much you cried because of how much you were bullied in the past? Everytime that your mother called me to tell me that you disappeared again made my heart stop and made me wonder if you were here crying again. I hated how I couldn't comfort you, even though we were best friends; I could only sit here and hope that your crying would stop soon. I really at comforting people, aren't I?" Yoongi chuckled darkly, without a hint of laughter in his face.

 

"But you DID help me. You were always a comforting presence when I felt alone and helpless. You were always there and that alone, was enough for me," I said softly, giving a Yoongi a happy smile.

 

"Hey Yoonie?" I asked, breaking the silence after saying all of that and without a peep from Yoongi. "This might sound selfish, but can you make a promise to me? To always be here and comfort me when I'm crying and miserable?" I asked shyly, peeking out from under my bangs.

 

Seeing the blush creep on his face, I could tell that he was really surprised about what I want him to promise me. "You know I'll always be here to comfort you; it's obviously a given!" Yoongi replied, linking his pinkie with mine.

 

I smiled, knowing that Yoongi will always be here for me.

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Hey sweeties~sorry for not updating this for so long >< i was writing it but i didn't know what to write and i had writer's block XC but congrats to Yoongi, for winning the poll~:3 i will probably put up another poll, unless i already have an idea for another one of the members~ i probably can't update much cuz i need to finish my other story, and it hasn't progressed very far /:

And also, these might not be related to "being late" anymore, they'll just probably be one shots, with random ideas that i come up with XD or you guys can give me some ideas~~^__^

Hope you enjoyed reading it~ i love subscribers and comments so comment and subscribe~~♥♥

P.S. I think there were a lot of mistakes...O__O

 

BTW(in my opinion, and maybe your opinion too) i thought this chapter and was boring so I might write another Yoongi oneshot in the future~ XD