Chapter 9

Hate That I Loved You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

As I walked towards the backstage I can still remember the day Jaejoong came into my life.

Flashback:

Jiyong never loved me. He cheated on me. What did I do to deserve this?

I found myself by the Han River. This place never failed to calm me down before, but now, my feelings are in chaos. I don’t know what to feel first. I’m mad, hurt, humiliated and all other feelings that I can’t described. I continued crying. Then I felt someone sat beside me.

“Who made a beautiful woman like you, cry a river? You should stop crying or the Han River might overflow...” He said without looking at me.

I looked at him and saw a very beautiful face. He’s face looks at peace.

“Do you even know what I went through? What I’m feeling? You can’t judge me.” I told him calmly, but still, I continued crying.

He looked at me and I had the shock of my life when I recognized the person. He’s a member of TVXQ, the effing TVXQ!!! But then what is he doing here?

“Wait, I know you you’re Hero Jaejoong of TVXQ.” I told him then I wiped my tears. Because I know I look like a mess right now.

“You should say that a bit louder so everyone here can hear.” he said sarcastically. The nerve of him.

“Well, I was just shocked. It’s not every day that I see someone like you.” I answered.

“Why? Are you a fan?” He asked, smiling.

“Nah. I’m more of a Bigbang fangirl.” I answered truthfully. Yes. Jiyong may be a jerk but my baby Panda is so good. I did not notice that I stopped crying.

“Into bad boys?” He asked and I started tearing up again. “Oh, I was just asking.” he said and he came closer and soothe my back. “Did I say something I shouldn’t have said?”

“You’re practically a stranger to me. But I can’t keep it to myself. I need to let it out...” I told him, sounding so desperate.

“I’m here to listen. Like you said, I’m a stranger, so I’m not gonna judge you.”

I told him everything that has happened from the start to the end. When I finished, it was dark already.

“I told you, it’s good to talk to a stranger. I’m not gonna judge you, but he, whoever that guy is, is such an idiot. How can he do something like that?! I mean look at you, you’re probably one of the prettiest woman I have seen, and mind you, I have seen a lot.”

I smiled and told him, “I like you, I mean not like like, if you know what I mean. But someone I can be friends with. Let me properly introduced myself, I’m Sandara Park, daughter of Lee Cho Yeon.”

“Wait! If you’re Lee Cho Yeon’s daughter then you must be, t he daughter of..” I didn’t let him finish.

“Yes, the only child of the owner of Park Conglomerate. I hope you can keep a secret. Because, I know where to find you, Jaejoong-ssi.” And I smiled at him.

“Woah! I’m gonna keep this a secret. No one will believe me anyway...”

And since then, we have become friends. More than friends but less than lovers. We call each other, soulmate.

He was someone who will drop everything to be there for you. So when I have them listed as performers, he was shocked and reluctant. But I told him that I’ll do anything for him to agree and he asked me to sing one song with him. I was never a singer. I can sing, yes, but i don’t have the best voice there is. I was off pitch when I was younger but voice lessons corrected it.

While waiting to be called, Jaejoong approached me, “Hey there, Angel.” He’s the only one who can call me that. “thinking of backing out?” and he smiled. I wanna whack him in the head.

“Yeah right. As if I can hide from you. Why did I even agree this in the first place?” I asked.

“Because you can’t say no to me. Come on, breathe. Follow me.” He instructed and he held my hand. “Come on, breathe.” He told me as if I’m imbecile.

I slapped his hand away and gave him a glare. I hears the MC introducing us.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are all so lucky tonight. It’s very rare for this person to perform but then because she’s good friends with Jaejoong-ssi of JYJ she was convinced to perform with him. So let us all welcome back on stage Kim Jaejoong and Miss Sandara Park.” The MC announced.

I heard claps. I’m totally nervous when I went on stage with Jaejoong. I looked at the crowd and everyone was looking at me. I managed to give them a smile and sat in front of the piano, I looked at my Dad and he nodded his head. I started the intro to the song.


Author’s POV:

(listen to Glee’s version of Give your heart a break

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter