Goodbye Summer

Touch Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun already rose that Saturday morning but a certain tall brunette is still lying on her bed comfortably, though her eyes are closed her mind is already wide awake it’s just that it’s refusing for her to stand up, put on some decent clothes and do her early Saturday morning routine. She came back home late the night before when her friend asked her for her company and being a kind and sweet friend she is, she stayed and offered her shoulder to cry on.

 

She fixed her lying position on her bed and lied down on her stomach, silently cursing herself for over thinking so early in the morning. It was then her phone rings and she lazily picks it up above the mini closet near her bed.

 

“Hello?” she said. “What now?”

 

“Sorry to disturb you early in the morning.”

 

“It’s fine. You told me you’ll have a date.”

 

“It was cancelled.”

 

“Taeyeon’s busy again?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“She must be cheating on you. Aigoo.” she said it jokingly without even thinking about the consequences of the said words, after all that’s how she is, a prank lanky lady.

 

“Can I come over? Like now?”

 

“What do you mean now?”

 

“Please?”

 

She sighed at herself weakly because she knows she can never say “No” to her friend. “Sure. I’ll just prepare.” Right after that she hangs up the call and jump-like out off her bed and fixes the crumpled bed sheets. In less than 20 minutes she already did her shower and tidied a couple of mess inside the house. The tall brunette then waits just in front of the front door for her friend. She didn’t wait long and someone rang the doorbell already. Her smile instantly fades when she opened the door and saw a pouting blonde behind. She whispered out a tiny “Come in” but it got rejected when the said blonde stomped her way in.

 

She followed suit and sits beside the blonde girl. Minutes of silence passed when Sooyoung decided to break it but it didn’t turn out to be a good way cause right after she started opening , a cushion flew over her face hitting her whole face exactly.

 

“Yah! Jung Sooyeon!”

 

“She promised me we’ll spend the whole day together!”

 

Sooyoung holds the cushion tightly still calming herself from the outburst that she had. “Stop demanding too much time from your girlfriend then so you won’t get disappointed. We both know how much of a busy person Taeyeon is.”

 

“But she promised me! How about yesterday? Our supposed to be ‘whole day date’ was yesterday but she cancelled it on the last minute and promised that she’ll make it up today. Now, where is she?!”

 

“Oh god Jessica. Stop throwing tantrums at me okay? Was it my fault that your girlfriend’s a busy person?”

 

Jessica glared at her and Sooyoung thought that she could die right where she’s sitting. “Oh fckin yes it’s your fault! You shouldn’t have introduced me to a busy person!”

 

“You still love her though.” Sooyoung said bitterly. It was so bitter she can actually taste the impact of her own words, if tasting it was even possible.

 

Jessica sighed and bit her lower lip. “I’m sorry for shouting at you. It’s just that..why can’t she spare some time for me?”

 

“Stop sulking will you? Have you eaten breakfast already?” Jessica shakes her head slightly, her lips still pouting. “Let’s go eat then.” Sooyoung stands up before getting the blonde’s right hand to intertwine it with hers.

 

“I’m not hungry. Can you take me somewhere else instead?”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at her. “Such a princess. Follow me.”

 

The tall brunette leads them to where her car is parked.

 

“Oh wow, are you going to give me a stroll using your precious car?” Jessica asked in a teasing tone. Sooyoung on the other hand passed by the car and walked towards a small lock-up closet like box not bothering to give an answer at Jessica who just stood beside the car. The blonde saw Sooyoung enters the said closet and got amazed by how her friend smoothly made her way inside. Curiosity strikes her so she followed her tall friend and saw her working on unchaining the two pairs of bicycle.

 

“Woah woah. You still keep that?” Jessica asked.

 

Sooyoung giggles at her. “Yes of course. Now, get this one out.” She pushes one of the two bikes towards her and Jessica laughed at how even though it’s been years since she last saw the bicycle it’s still look new.

 

“Thank me later.” Sooyoung said casually, now pushing the other bike out.

 

“For what?”

 

“For keeping this precious thing and for taking you out on a date.”

 

Jessica raises her left eyebrow at the brunette. “I didn’t ask you for that.”

 

“Well then you can go back home now.” Sooyoung told her teasingly.

 

“Yah Choi Sooyoung!”

 

“Yes Jung Sooyeon!”

 

“That’s the second time you called me with my Korean name.” the blonde pouted.

 

“Cute. Let’s go.” Sooyoung grabs the bike’s handle and walks towards the gate, Jessica trailing from behind. Soon enough both were riding each respected bikes and they already having a mini race on the long bridge near Sooyoung’s house. Exchange of smiles and laughs were the only thing and sound you can hear from the two. When they were about to reach the middle of the bridge, Jessica asked Sooyoung to stop for a while and so the taller girl did.

 

They are both leaning against the bridge’s railing. Jessica with both her arms hanging above it and Sooyoung with just her back attached to it, facing the other side. The silence is so comforting not one dared talk. Sooyoung took the time and glances at Jessica, she then noticed how, even though she’s wearing a calm expression, her friend’s beauty is still outstanding as always. She smiled at herself and turned her body around, copying Jessica’s position except she also leaned her head just above her arms. She smiled again when she saw Jessica eyeing her moves in which the blonde smiled too as a response. Right after doing, Sooyoung shifts her attention to the water below them, the reflection of the sun from the water illuminates half of her face, she’s loving the feeling of it she failed to notice Jessica's keeping her eyes on her.

 

Minutes passed and Sooyoung is still fixed on her position while Jessica is already comfortably sitting on her bike. That’s when the blonde decided to break the silence between them.

 

“Don’t you have any plans of dating?” she asked. Sooyoung turns her head around to look at her before standing up straight and face her.

 

“Nope. Don’t have time for that.”

 

“What do you mean you don’t have time for that? Yah!”

 

Sooyoung grins at her. “You’re already taking a lot of my time, how am I supposed to date ha?”

 

Jessica pouted at her in return. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Oi.” The tall brunette leans towards her and started poking her cheeks. “What are you sorry for?”

 

The blonde continued pouting. “For taking lots of your time.” Sooyoung mouthed an ‘O’ at her before sitting on her bike to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter