1/1

Kim Himchan: Visual

Kim Himchan liked attention. His favorite thing to do was practice his camera angles in the mirror. He knew all his best angles down to the degree, but sometimes he practiced his aegyo as well. Mostly it was because he liked to look at himself.

Yongguk said that Himchan was ‘baselessly confident in his looks’ and the leader wanted ‘to shoot him to death’. Of course, that has been a while ago, near the time the shot Ta-Dah at the beginning of their career.

Daehyun understood Himchan the most. The Busan boy was the other visual of the group. Separately, they were hot. Together, the two of them devasted fangirls. Himchan acknowledged the other’s boys looks, but maintained the #1 spot in visual ranking. Daehyun, he admitted, was a close second but they were definitely still on separate levels.

Youngjae was slowly coming over to Himchan’s side. He was taking more selcas, trying harder to please their fans. Youngjae’s efforts made Himchan proud. The younger needed to practice his angles more but the fact that he was even trying was enough for Himchan.

As for Jongup and Zelo, they tended to have the same mindset as Yongguk. Of course, Zelo had been on Yongguk’s side since debut so that wasn’t news. Zelo did take and post pictures of himself occasionally, but he was always making some weird face and distorting his features. Jongup…the few times Jongup used the camera function on his phone it was to take pictures of the sky, or shoes, or something weird. No matter how much Himchan tried to influence the maknae line they resisted him. It was like they were trying to break Himchan’s heart.

Being good-looking wasn’t as easy as it seemed. Himchan had worked damn hard to get the body he had now. All that time spent irritable from hunger due to dieting was worth it. His ability to calculate calories in an instant kept him from overeating. The worst thing that could happen to him was to regain all the weight he’d lost in childhood. Then again, with the amount of time spent in the practice room, for him to gain that weight back would take a lot. Still, he worked hard to maintain his body.

It wasn’t just his body either. Himchan’s face was his moneymaker. Every night he examined his skin for acne and dark spots. His skincare regime was more intense than that of some girl groups. His goal at all times was to look like a China doll-smooth skin, near perfection. This was something he felt confident he achieved on a regular basis.

Himchan’s looks did cause him stress at times. The contacts he wore during promotions were uncomfortable and sometimes obstructed his vision. There were also some disturbing rumors he prayed weren’t true, namely that there was a group of girls out there with a challenge to see who could cause the biggest blemish on him. For the most part, however, Himchan wasn’t worried. He had true BABYs and Himes to protect him. Regardless, he was always on guard, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

All in all, Himchan was confident in his looks. He knew he was gorgeous, and he welcomed the attention his ulzzang status awarded him. It was hard being damn near perfect, but, Himchan reasoned, someone had to do it.