Final

I Can Only Sleep in Your Arms

To say Yixing was a little tired would be the understatement of the century. He was absolutely exhausted from all of the schedules they've had lately and the constant long hours they spend practicing their choreography to ensure that everything is perfect and remains that way. Of course the other members were experiencing the same fatigue but as one of the main dancers and someone who's devoted his life to fulfilling his dream, he was always pushing himself past his limits. Sometimes so much so that he ends up feeling sick or in pain the next day, but it was all worth it in his mind. So becuase of that, in order to not worry the other members too much, he promised that when they got back to the dorm, that he would go straight to bed and try and get some much needed rest. For some reason though, despite how physically drained he felt, Yixing could not manage to fall asleep for more than a few minutes.

It had been almost two hours since their last schedule and they returned to the dormbut he couldn't seem to fall asleep. He had tried everything from listening to soft music, to counting sheep, to meditating, but nothing seemed to work. Frustrated he decided to do the one thing that always seemed to work, sleeping with someone else.

Sighing, he got out of bed and made his way to the room closest to his. He would have asked Yifan, but he already saw when Zitao had snuck into their room and none too quietly, whined until the elder agreed to go on a late night bike ride together. Yifan really needed to work on resisting the young panda boy's aegyo, it seemed he was the only member who still gave in.

So, with Yifan and Zitao by association, now out of the question, and Yixing not being close enough with the managers, he made his way to the next available option, Luhan. Noticing the door was slightly open, he decided to walk in. Just as he was about to ask if he could sleep with Luhan, he noticed that Sehun had already claimed the spot next to the deer. Smiling at the way his hyung had his arms wrapped tightly around the maknae's back and how Sehun was clinging to the front of Luhan's tank top, Yixing decided to leave, already knowing full well that even if Jongin wasn't sleeping with Kyungsoo, which he was, he would not be pleased by the idea of sharing his precious hyung. Quietly he closed the door behind him and made his way down the hall to see if Minseok would have room for him, but as he neared the door, he heard muffled noises that he easily distinguished as Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Blushing when the noises started getting louder and more vulgar, he figured it would be in his best interest not to enter.

Hurriedly he made his way to the last room. Quietly knocking on the door, not willing to risk barging in on anything that might make it awkward to keep eye contact at the breakfast table tomorrow, he waited for a response. Hearing a muffled "come in", signalling someone was still awake, he carefully opened the door and peaked in.

Looking into the room, he noticed Joonmyun reading a book in the candle light instead of the lamp obviously opting fot the dimmer of the two so as not to wake up Jongdae.

"Suho hyung?" he whispered softly, not wanting to disturb the peaceful atmosphere.

Looking up from his book, the leader of EXO K flashed a gentle smile when he noticed who was calling him.

"How many times must I remind you, off stage it's Joonmyun." the kind male chuckled.

"R-right, sorry, I forgot." Yixing replied, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"So what is it Yixing? I thought you were asleep already?" the leader questioned.

Looking at the floor nervously, the chinese man responded.

"Well, I was but I couldn't seem to fall asleep, so I was going to ask Yifan hyung if I could sleep with him, after playing music, counting sheep and meditating, but Zitao convinced him, and by convinced I mean did his aegyo that Yifan always falls for, until he agreed to go on a late night bike ride, which I'm pretty sure no one is supposed to know about, so don't tell them I told you. So because of that I decided I would ask Luhan hyung but when I walked in I saw him and Sehun cuddling. It was the cutest thing, like I totally understand why the fans ship them, they're so cute together, but yeah I left the room because I didn't want to disturb them and I didn't want to upset Jongin if I asked Kyungsoo so I decided against it. So then I decided, maybe Minseok hyung, but I heard noises coming from his room and after my initial shock I realized it was Baekhyun and Chanyeol and I really really didn't want to interupt whaqtever it is that they were doing, because lord knows it was something-"

"Yixing."

"Yeah?" he looked up questioningly when his name was called.

"You're rambling." the elder singer stated.

"Oh, sorry." the chinese man apologized shyly.

"It's fine." He wasn't lying. Joonmyun had no problem with Yixing's rambling, in fact he found it quite adorable to say the least, especially since he only ever did it around the leader. It made him happy knowing he was the only one who had that effect on him.

"So?" the elder urged.

"Oh, right, umm, so I was wondering if maybe, if it's not too nmuch to ask, umm-"

"Yixing."

"Would it be okay if I slep with you tonight?" the younger finished quickly, worried the other would say no.

Chuckling softly, Joonmyun closed his book and placed it on the nightstand. He pulled his covers back and gestured for Yixing to join him.

"Thank you hyung!" the younger cheered happily as he quickly made his way over to the bed and crawled in next to the other.

"You know, y-you don't have to stop reading if you don't want to." he informed the leader.

"No, don't worry about it, I should probably get some sleep myself anyway." the leader smiled at Yixing, who was now on his side and facing him.

The younger nodded. "Hey hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Umm, do you think you could maybe sing something? It might help me sleep."

"Sure." he softly responded.

Cuddling up to Joonmyun's chest, Yixing closed his eyes and let Joonmyun's soothing voice lull him to sleep.

 

"This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream
You were standing in fron of my desperate self and
praying
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you

Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise

You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael
Who would remember you, I will not forgive it
Like the beginning when stepping into Eden
Believing you every day from the bottom of my heart

I alway want to protect you
So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love

As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind
Even though people turn their backs to you
If I could become the person
Who can wipe your tears on a tiring day
It will be paradise

I, who has fallen in love with no other place to
Go back, my wings have been talen away (oh no)
Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness"

Looking down, Joonmyun saw that Yixing had fallen asleep. Admiring how peaceful he looked, he whispered the final line in Yixing's ear.

"You are my eternity, eternally love,"

Taking one last look at the younger male, he whispered "rest well".

Pulling him even closer into his chest, he tucked the dancer's head under his chin and shortly after joined him in a dream filled sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaay, second oneshot in one week :) Hopefully you like this one as something to balance out the angsty Sulay I wrote last time, plus aren't these two just the cutest. So yeah hopefully I'll have another one up soon. And the lyrics in the fic are the english translation to the korean version of EXO's "Angel", so obviously I do not own any part of the lyrics.