final.

1st of September

“Tell me” She started, her eyes stared to her fingers, a soft smile plastered on her face.

I stared to her face, mesmerized by her beauty, resting my head on my elbows, watching her side profile. She is indeed beautiful.

 

“What is it?” I asked

 

“Do you love me?” She looked at me curiously, her eyes, dark and black, I could never tell her expressions. She never shows any expressions compared to me. She’s more expressionless than me. Me, Kim Myungsoo, the man who have the title of ‘Ice King’ the man that doesn’t show any emotions, but now, I fell in love, I showed more expressions. When I’m sad, I frown, cry or quiet. When I’m angry, I scream, I shout. When I’m happy, I smile, grins, runs around.

 

How could I change so rapidly? Must be because of her.

 

“I do. Of course I do” I smiled, reaching my hand towards the end of her hair, twirling it around my index finger. Her hair, soft and smooth, I brought her long dyed brown hair to my face, lightly kissing it, smelling the scent of strawberry that I love. Her scents always make me feel safe. I love it, and I would kill to be able to have that scent by my side. Forever.

 

A small smile formed onto her thin lips, she chuckled and pushed her hair to the back of her ear, taking small glances at me while smiling.

 

I laughed softly at her reaction, pulling her softly towards me, letting her body press against mine. I kissed the top of her head and wrapped my arms around her back, squeezing her a bit. She is so fragile, if I do something, she might break. She’s precious.

 

“Myungsoo, what’s the date?” She asked again. I raised an eyebrow and opened an eyelid, looking at her curious face and answered “27th of August. Why?”

 

She shrugged and shook her head, smiling brightly. “It’s nothing.”

 

--------

 

“Myungsoo, let’s take a picture together” She ran up to me, smiling brightly, bringing a polaroid camera in her hand. She huffed from running and tilts her head slightly, waiting for my answer.

“No” I grinned

 

She pouted and nodded “Fine. You mean ” She scoffed

 

“Yah! Say that again! I dare you!” I shouted

 

“Mean a-s-s” She stuck her tongue out and spelt the word for me, I knew that she was trying to annoy me.

 

“You’re going to get it from me!” I grinned, chasing after her, watching her screaming and running away from me. Damn, she’s fast.

 

I finally caught up to her, encircling my arms around her waist and pulls her towards me. Her back facing my chest as she struggled from my grip. “Yah! Let go of me!” She squealed and laughed

 

“Not if you say that I am the handsome Kim Myungsoo who is very kind hearted” I grinned and whispered near her ear. I knew that is her weak point, she always flinch whenever I did that.

 

As expected.

 

She flinch and moves her head away from me, trying to hide her ear against her shoulder. “Yah! Kim Myungsoo! I thought I told you already that my ear is sensitive!” She pouted

 

I laughed loudly “You did. But this is an exception. Payback for what you called me. What was it? Mean ?” I restated

 

She pouted and huffed, slapping my hands which are locked with each other around her waist. “Fine! Kim Myungsoo you are a kindhearted man who is very…” She trailed

 

“Very?” I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her continuation.

 

“Ugly” She grinned and stuck her tongue out, slipping out of my grip and runs away, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

How did she slip out?

 

“Y-Yah!” I shouted, but it was too late. She already locked herself up in her room. I sighed and shook my head, walking towards my room to take a rest.

 

Then I heard a door opening, “Myungsoo! We didn’t take a photo together” I heard her shout.

 

I chuckled and turned around, jogging towards her room to take a picture together.

 

I wonder why she wanted that.

 

------

 

“What is the date?” She asked, her eyes widening in curiosity.

 

I looked at my paper and folded it, and stared back at her. “30th of August”

 

“Oh” She nodded and went back to her magazine, swinging her legs back to front.

 

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. She has been asking about the date for 3 days now. I wonder what is wrong. Is it her new hobby?

 

“Why?” I asked

 

“It’s nothing”

 

Of course, that has been her answer since. Every Time I asked, she always replied with a short and flat “Nothing”

 

She looked up to me again, her lips curling into a small thin line. She opened , wanting to say something. “Let’s go out somewhere tomorrow” She asked

 

I looked back to her and thought for a while and nodded. “Sure. You have something on?”

 

She shook her head slightly “Not really. But I feel like it.”

 

I nodded in acknowledgement. “Okay. Let’s go out tomorrow” I smiled and went back to my paper.

 

I didn’t notice it. I really didn’t. I didn’t know that tomorrow, was the last day that I can see her. Forever. A sad smile formed onto her lips, a tear slipped down her cheek as she stared at me, with the saddest smile that she ever expressed all her life. Her eyes were full of tears, full of sadness, worry, hurt and yearn.

 

I didn’t see it.

 

At all.

 

--------

 

It is the 1st of September. Spring is still here and next month will be the beginning of summer. Our third summer. I didn’t know that it has been 3 years since I’ve been together with her. Time passes by fast. But I don’t mind, as long as I’m with her. I wonder if we could stay together, forever. Have our own house, children and maybe more children.

“Are you ready?” I shouted from downstairs, waiting for a response

 

“Yeah!” A faint voice of a woman came from upstairs. I smiled and leaned my back against the wall, constantly looking at my watch.

 

Then I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. I chuckled and stood up, waiting for her. My only love.

 

Then she came, she was wearing a blue dress, it was bright. I always knew that she loved bright colours. Her shoes was white and so does her sling bag. She was so cute.

 

But this is the first time I saw her dressing up to this extent. “Do we have anything?” I raised an eyebrow, staring at my casual outfit.

 

“I’m going to change” I said and was about to walk to my room until she stopped me.

 

“No” She replied softly, her hand squeezing at the end of my shirt. “We don’t have much time left” She stated

 

I raised an eyebrow, not getting what she meant “What do you mean?”

 

“It’s nothing” She smiled brightly and grabbed my hand, dragging me outside the house. She locked the house and slips the keys into her bag, running towards me who was waiting for her near the front gate.

 

“Where are we going?” I raised an eyebrow curiously.

 

“I’ll tell you later” She hummed “But I want to to a place first” She smiled softly and looked at me

 

I nodded “Sure”

 

We then drove using my car to Hongdae. She told me to wait a bit in front of a shop. I just agreed and played with my phone. A lot of girls seem to continuously staring at me, it somehow made me really uncomfortable.

 

I used to love getting the attentions from the girls, I always knew that I am handsome but it has been a long time since I have been dating her. At first, she didn’t give me much attention that I love, I became intrigued by her, she was the only girl who treated me the same, without special treatment, without showing her appeals, without flocking her body towards me.

 

I usually have girls that would do all that without me asking. The situation seem to be reversed around her. It was me who tried to seduce her, showing me ual appeal. In the end, I fell in love with her. I confessed to her 3 years ago, and had a straight flat rejection. But then, Kim Myungsoo doesn’t give up. I keep confessing, until in the end, she gave in and dated me. I knew that she doesn’t love me, but I tried my best to make her look at me. On our first year, I noticed that she finally had fell in love with me. It was long, but it was worth it.

 

“I’m back” A girl called, she smiled at me, too brightly while swinging two pieces of paper. Wait, two photos. Identical photos.

 

It was the photo that we took together. It was a recent photo. I smiled and took one and slip it into my wallet as she slipped hers into her bag. “Now, let’s go to the place I’m bringing you” A sad smile formed into her lips.

 

I raised an eyebrow and smiled “Okay”

 

-------

 

She brought me into an isolate place. It was an alley, a long and dark one. I looked around as she walked straight beside me, not looking anywhere except the front. “Why are we here?” I asked curiously

 

“Just wait” She replied flatly. It somehow reminded me of her old self, when I first met her. When I was a cold bastard and she was a quiet loner.

 

We walked some more until we arrived at the end of the alley. It was a narrow alley, very uiet as well. I cold hear everything, the sound of dripping water, the sound of birds flying across the alley, the sound of wood creaking and the sound of her crying.

 

I widened my eyes in worry. “What’s wrong?!” I grabbed her shoulders, staring at her worriedly and hugged her. “I’m sorry” She sobbed, her hand wrapping around my back. I sighed and hugged her back, letting her head rest against my chest. “Don’t worry. Don’t be sad.”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry” She sobbed harder. I didn’t realise her hand pulling away from me, she rummaged through her sling bag without me noticing. She pulled out a black item and slowly brought it towards my head until I felt it against me temple. I turned to the side and wide my eyes in horror.

 

She was holding a gun, her eyes were bloodshot red and her cheeks wet from tears. “I’m sorry” She whispered before pulling the trigger as it left a huge sound.

 

I felt the world spinning and me losing balance. I staggered against the wall, leaning my back against the wall for support. I stared at her in horror, my breath shortening, I felt like suffocating soon. My heart beating rapidly.

 

I felt betrayed, but my heart doesn’t feel anything for that. My heart hurts because of her crying face. This was the first time I see her eyes. Her eyes reflecting hurt. It breaks my heart.

 

I smiled softly at her, my vision getting blurry and I can feel that my eyes are slowly closing. I slid against the dirty wall, sitting onto the floor, looking up at her.

 

She was looking down at me, with tear filled eyes and droplets of tears falling to the floor. She let out quiet sob and her hand gripping onto her gun tightly.

 

“Why…?” I managed to let out a whisper

 

She opened and replied “I am an assassin.”

 

I nodded slowly, still smiling at her, and finally my eyes completely closed and darkness took over me. “Thank you.” I mumbled before I let out my last breath and disappear from the world completely.

 

Her eyes widened at her sight, his lifeless body leaning against the wall, pool of blood forming around him. She fell onto her knees, staring at him with eyes full of horror, her hand trembling and so does her lips, she brought her hand towards him, placing her hand on top of the back of his hand and grabbed it, giving a little squeeze before breaking out into loud sob.

 

She kept hearing words whispering to her ears. “You killed him.” “You killed him” “You killed him”, “I’m sorry! I am sorry! Sorry!” She screams out, covering her ears and shutting her eyes tightly.

 

She took a deep breath, getting up from her position and grabbed her phone but something fell out, it was a piece of paper, or rather a photo.

She bent down and picked up the paper and tears started to well up in her eyes again. It was the photo that they took together. How happy they looked, and now it’s all over. She loved him. But she killed him. She had no choice. She had to.

 

She took a picture of his dead body and sent it to a recipient, few seconds later she received a phone call.

 

She sighed and answered the call and brought the phone next to hear “Yoboseyo.”

 

“Mission accomplished. I have your next target, Kim Sunggyu, Myungsoo’s older brother” A deep voice spoke through the line.

 

She nodded “On it”