Heartbreak

Why is it Always You?

 That morning...

Tiffany woke up with a smile on her face, knowing that she'll be meeting Taeyeon that night for a dinner at Sooyoung's place. It was a weekend, and she woke up a little early than her usual waking time. She first thought of Taeyeon and an idea came into her mind.

She took her phone beside her and sent Taeyeon a message.

Good morning Taeyeon. Want to have breakfast together?
I'll buy it this time.

Tiffany giggled as she sent the text message. She's really crazy for Taeyeon. She's meeting her in the evening and she's asking now if they can have breakfast together.

"Aigoo. I'm really dying to spend time with you." Tiffany said as her eyes went to her wallpaper. Their picture back when they painted Taeyeon's walls. She really missed the small girl since she was busy meeting clients and such.

Then she phone beeped, Taeyeon sent her a reply.

Sorry Tiffany but I can't today.
I left home early because I have lots of stuffs to do in the office.
I'll make it up next time. Don't skip breakfast , okay?
Have a nice day!

Tiffany sighed and then smiled. She's still going to see Taeyeon later.

 

It's already 12 noon and Tiffany is still on her bed. She's bored. She doesn't have anything to do. She took her phone and called her best friend.

"Hello Jessi."

"Oh hey Tiff!"

"Want to go to the mall and grab lunch? I'm a little bored today."

"Aigoo. I'm sorry Tiff. We have more customers during the weekend. I have to bake extra cakes."

"Aw. Is that so... It's fine. Go bake some cakes."

"We'll see each other tonight to it's okay."

"I know. What should I bring for dinner?"

"You don't have to bring anything. Just bring yourself and it'll be fine."

"but I should share something."

"No need. Hehe~ Oh Tiff. I have to hang up, I should get back to work."

"Okay Jessi. See you later."

"See you later Tiff."

The call ended.

Tiffany threw her phone at the side of her bed. "Why is everyone busy today!?" She then sat up. "I'll just go at the mall alone."

 

 

"Do you want chicken?" Sooyoung asked Jessica as she pushed the cart. They're at the local supermarket, buying the stuffs they need for their dinner.

Jessica nodded as she looked at the different kinds of meat on display. "Anything as long as you're the one who's cooking."

"You're not the one who's going to cook?"

Jessica shook her head.

Sooyoung scratched her head. "I thought you'll be the one who'll cook."

Jessica hugged Sooyoung's waist. "Sooyoungie~ my hands are just for cakes. Not anything else."

Sooyoung giggled."Really? That ."

"So, you'll cook, okay?" Jessica acted cute.

Sooyoung Jessica's hair. "Yes I will!"

 

"Sooyoung?"

The two looked at the direction where the voice of coming from. Jessica tightened her hug around Sooyoung's waist.

"Sulli." Sooyoung said.

"Long time no see." Sulli smiled.

Jessica's blood started to boil. She let go of Sooyoung and crossed her arms.

Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Jessica's shoulder. "Meet my girl friend."

Sulli laughed softly. "She's the one who slapped you before."

Sooyoung nodded.

"I should've slapped you too so that I can be your girlfriend." Sulli said with a grin.

"That's crazy." Jessica said and threw Sulli an icy glare. "You're crazy."

Sooyoung saw that her girl friend is starting to get angry. She then pushed their cart and pulled Jessica gently. "We'll go now. Nice to see you again."

Sulli smiled. "See you."

"Nice to see you again." Jessica mocked what Sooyoung said earlier.

Sooyoung giggled. "You're being jealous again." She kissed Jessica's cheeks. "Don't be. You're the only one for me."

 

 

"One strawberry ice cream cone, please." Tiffany told the ice cream lady as she stood in front of an ice cream stand in the mall.

The ice cream stand handed her the strawberry ice cream. "That will be 2 000 KRW, ma'am."

Tiffany paid for the ice cream and happily ate it as she walked inside the mall, looking for something worth buying.

After a few minutes, she finished her ice cream and still can't find something to buy. She likes shopping but she's not in the mood to buy clothes, shoes nor bags.

She stopped walking when she saw someone coming out of the flower shop nearby. That person has a big smile on her face, and carrying a large bouquet of flowers as she walked proudly outside the shop.

"Taeyeon." Tiffany had a big smile on her face. She then started walking to get to Taeyeon, but she got stuck in the crowd. Since it was a weekend, and there are lots of people at the mall. When she got out of the crowd, she can't find Taeyeon anymore.

Tiffany sighed and continued walking instead.

She passed by a toy store and smiled when she saw a minion plush, almost the half of her size on display. She thought of Taeyeon right away.

She went inside the store and bought the plush.

"Taeyeon will surely be happy if she sees this." Tiffany told herself, as she imagines Taeyeon's cute reaction when she'll receive the plush.

 

 

"Sica. Can you please taste this if it tastes great?" Sooyoung said as she held a spoon with spaghetti sauce in front of her girlfriend.

Jessica ate it and nodded. "It's delicious."

"Really?" Sooyoung tasted it too and smiled. She then faced her girl friend. "Should we eat these instead and just order food for later?"

Jessica laughed. "That's so mean. We're doing this for your best friend."

"And your best friend too."

"So that we should eat it with them." Jessica giggled.

"Fine." Sooyoung went back to her cooking and started stirring the spaghetti sauce.

Jessica went behind her, wrapped her arms around the taller's waist, giving her a back hug. "I love you, shikshin."

Sooyoung turned around and hugged Jessica back. "I love you too, jealous ice queen."

Jessica pulled away. "What did you just call me?!"

"Jealous Ice Queen?" Sooyoung said again.

Jessica turned her back at her Sooyoung. "That's mean."

Sooyoung giggled. She went in front of her girl friend and cupped her face. "I love you MY jealous ice queen." She then pecked Jessica's lips.

 

 

That night...

"Joo... yeon..."

"Taengoo." Jooyeon ran to Taeyeon and hugged her tight.

Taeyeon closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, trying to absorb what's happening.

Jooyeon then pulled away, she locked eyes with Taeyeon. "I miss you."

"H-how... Did you find me." Taeyeon asked.

"I hired someone to find you. You were seen at a fashion event, singing."

"Why are you here?"

"Can we talk inside your place? It's uncomfortable to talk here." Jooyeon said as she rubbed her arms. It's cold outside.

Taeyeon just looked at her.

Jooyeon went in front of Taeyeon's door. "Is this your place?"

Taeyeon didn't say anything.

Jooyeon tried a code. Then a beeped was heard. The door unlocked. Jooyeon chuckled and faced Taeyeon. "My birthday is still your password, huh?"

 

"Here you go." Taeyeon placed a cup of hot chocolate on the table. Instead of sitting beside Jooyeon, she sat on the floor.

"Thanks." Jooyeon said.

Then there was silence.

"Can you tell me now why are you here?" Taeyeon hugged her knees. Her eyes closed.

Jooyeon took a deep breath and went down on the floor, sitting beside Taeyeon. "I've been looking for you for months now, Taengoo."

Taeyeon shut her eyes tight. Hearing Jooyeon call her by that nickname. She liked it very much when she called her by that name. But now, it hurts.

"I'm going to get divorced soon." Jooyeon said.

Taeyeon looked at her ex. "Wh-why?"

"It's not working." Jooyeon started to cry.

Taeyeon shook her head. "No... Why.."

Jooyeon held Taeyeon's hand and looked at Taeyeon who isn't even looking at her. "Because you're the one who's still on my mind."

Taeyeon took a deep breath and looked up, trying hard not to tear up.

Jooyeon cried harder and held Taeyeon's hand between hers. "You never left my mind. You're always in my mind. You're the one that I think of when I wake up, and you're still the last one in my mind before I fall asleep."

"Why..." Taeyeon shook her head again, a tear fell off her eye.

"Taeyeon..." Jooyeon called her name.

Taeyeon didn't move.

"Taeyeonnie..."

Taeyeon didn't say anything.

"Taengoo..."

Taeyeon faced her ex.

"I love you, I still do." Jooyeon hugged Taeyeon tight.

 

 

Sooyoung glanced at her watch. "She should be arriving right now. I told her to arrive an hour earlier so that she still have time to prepare."

"Aigoo. I'm so excited!" Jessica hugged her girl friend. "Finally, they'll be together for real!"

"Just like us!" Sooyoung returned the hug.

 

After a few minutes...

"Soo. Tiff said that she'll leave home soon. She'll be here in less than an hour." Jessica informed her girlfriend.

Sooyoung glanced at her phone. "Why isn't she here yet."

"What did Taeyeon say?"

"Nothing. No calls or texts from her." Sooyoung sighed. "The last time I talked to her, she said she's on her way here. She should be here already at this time."

"She's just nervous. Maybe she's too nervous that's why it takes her more time to get here." Jessica giggled.

"I hope so." Sooyoung smiled while glancing at the cake Taeyeon made on the cooler. "She should get her here because I'm excited to see her how she'll ask Tiffany to be her girl friend."

 

Sooyoung slammed her fist on the wall. "Why is she not here yet?!"

"Sooyoungie, calm down." Jessica said as she prepared the table. They're already at the rooftop.

"I don't have a good feeling about this." Sooyoung said as she tried to calm herself. "I know Taeyeon. She doesn't like coming late."

"And this is a special occassion... She can't be late..." Jessica added.

"I hope there's nothing wrong." Sooyoung rested her back at the wall, as she watched the evening seoul lights lit the whole city. Somehow it calmed her down.

Jessica phone beeped. She went to Sooyoung and showed the message she received.

Jessi. I'm down here already.
Can you go down and pick me up? I don't know the way to the rooftop.

Sooyoung face palmed. They can't send Tiffany away since Taeyeon isn't there yet. "Go get your best friend."

"What about our plans? We'll not surprise her anymore?" Jessica asked, her face disappointed.

Sooyoung gave a weak nod. "The most important person in the surprise isn't even here yet." Sooyoung sighed. "Let's just make this an ordinary dinner."

Jessica sighed too. Both of them are really looking forward on that night. "I'll go get Tiffany downstairs."

"Yes. Go ahead." Sooyoung sighed once more and went to the table. Took the candles and threw them at the corner. She took her phone, tried to call Taeyeon, still no answer. It just kept ringing. She even sent Taeyeon countless messages.

"Kim Taeyeon. What's wrong." Sooyoung muttered.

 

"Hey, What's that you're carrying?" Jessica greeted her best friend who's waiting for her, carrying a large yellow plush toy.

"Oh. This? I'm giving this to Taeyeon. Is she there already?" Tiffany answered cheerfully.

"She's not here yet..." Jessica told her happy best friend. "Haven't you talked to her?"

"I sent her a message asking her if she's here already. She didn't reply yet."

Jessica gestured her best friend to get inside the elevator. "She's not replying to us too."

"She's a busy person. Maybe something came up." Tiffany still looked happy. "Maybe she needs to finish some business with her clients."

Jessica crossed her arms. "Tiff, Sooyoung, is Taeyeon's boss, and she's with us tonight. She doesn't even know where the hell Taeyeon is."

Tiffany's smile disappeared. Then she smiled again. "She'll come."

"I hope so." Jessica sighed. "Kim Taeyeon. I'll kill you for being late tonight."

 

"Woah! This is cool!" Tiffany ran at the corner to the rooftop and enjoyed the view. She faced Sooyoung who's preparing the food on the table. "Soo, you're lucky to have a place like this!"

"Thanks!" Sooyoung said. "Come here and let's eat! I'm hungry!"

"Let's eat! Sooyoung's cooking is delicious!" Jessica said.

Tiffany ran towards them. "I'm hungry too!" She took a seat in front of Jessica.

Jessica glanced at the empty chair beside Tiffany.

Sooyoung stood from her seat and took the minion plush under the table and  placed it on the empty seat. "While Taeyeon isn't here, sit beside Tiffany for a while."

Tiffany giggled. "That minion reminds me of Taeyeon."

"She loves those creatures very much." Jessica said as she placed spaghetti on Tiffany's place.

"It's because Taeyeon is a part of their family. She's small like them." Sooyoung joked.

The three of them laughed. Then they heard the elevator door open. All of them had their eyes on it, expecting to see the person that should've arrived already.

"Hey Guys! I bought us drinks!" Yuri said as she walked towards her friends. "Am I late?"

"We just started eating." Tiffany smiled.

 

 

All of them are done eating. They're preparing their drinks already.

Tiffany has her phone on her ear, listening to the ringing. Taeyeon's not picking up.

Sooyoung's phone rang, but an unidentified number is calling. Thinking that it's one of her clients, Sooyoung excused herself and went to a far corner and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Soo? It's Taeyeon."

Sooyoung's eyes widened, she noticed Taeyeon's weak voice. "What happened? Why are you using a different number?"

"It's Jooyeon's."

Sooyoung's eyes narrowed, her grip on her phone tightened. "Jooyeon?"

"Yes. Jooyeon."

"You're..." She can't say anything else. She's glanced at Tiffany who's happily playing with the minion plush with Jessica and Yuri.

"She's here at my place."

"Why? What happened?" Sooyoung asked, full of concern.

"She said she still loves me, Soo..." Taeyeon voice cracked.

"Tae..." Sooyoung doesn't know what to say. She can't find the right words. She can't give a biased answer.

"Sorry for ruining our plan." Taeyeon sniffed. "I know you guys hate me for not arriving, but I don't know what to do..."

"Shhhh... We don't hate you, Taeyeon." Sooyoung assured her best friend. "It's fine with us. I'll just tell them that something came up."

"Thank you very much Soo."

"Anytime Tae." Sooyoung took a deep breath. "You cried, didn't you? Go take a rest. We can talk tomorrow."

"Okay Soo. You guys have fun, okay?"

"Yes we will."

"Bye..."

 

On Taeyeon's side...

Taeyeon glanced at her sleeping ex girlfriend on her bed. She her hair. Her eyes hurt. Both of them had a long crying session earlier. Less words, just tears.

She looked at the sleeping Jooyeon and remembered Tiffany's sleeping face when they shared one bed. She remembered her friends, and their plan. She face palmed.

She looked at her phone and saw that Tiffany's calling. She just looked at the phone and waited for the call to end. She saw that she got numerous calls from Tiffany, Sooyoung and Jessica. And hundreds of messages from the three of them.

She sighed. "I'm sorry guys."

Taeyeon saw Jooyeon's phone on the night stand. She took it and called Sooyoung.

"Hello?"

She gulped. "Soo? It's Taeyeon."

"What happened? Why are you using a different number?"

Taeyeon glanced at her sleeping ex. "It's Jooyeon's."

"Jooyeon?"

"Yes. Jooyeon." Taeyeon bit her lip.

"You're..."

"She's here at my place."

"Why? What happened?"

Taeyeon took a deep breath, thinking what she'll tell her best friend first. "She said she still loves me, Soo..." Taeyeon voice cracked.

"Tae..." Sooyoung sounded concerned, but she sounds disappointed too.

Taeyeon felt bad. Tears started to fall from her eyes. "Sorry for ruining our plan." Taeyeon sniffed. "I know you guys hate me for not arriving, but I don't know what to do..."

"Shhhh... We don't hate you, Taeyeon. It's fine with us. I'll just tell them that something came up."

Taeyeon sniffed again. She felt thankful how understanding her best friend is. "Thank you very much Soo." She's expecting Sooyoung to shout on her.

"Anytime Tae... You cried, didn't you? Go take a rest. We can talk tomorrow."

Taeyeon nodded. Then she thought of Tiffany. Her chest hurt. "Okay Soo. You guys have fun, okay?"

"Yes we will."

"Bye..." Taeyeon held her chest. It hurts.

 

 

"Guys. Let's not wait for Taeyeon anymore. Something came up." Sooyoung said as she went back to her seat. "She said let's enjoy the night and have fun."

"She wouldn't come?" Tiffany had a sad face.

Yuri rubbed Tiffany's back. "It's okay." Yuri placed the minion plush on Tiffany's lap. "Another Taeyeon is here."

Tiffany chuckled and hugged the plush. "I guess this will do."

Jessica watched her best friend smile. "Kim Taeyeon, I'll kill you."

Sooyoung can't help but to feel sad for Tiffany.

 

 

As soon as Tiffany woke up, she reached for her phone and looked at it. She sighed. She didn't receive any message from Taeyeon or even a call. She's waiting for those since last night.

"I miss you already." Tiffany said as she hugged the minion plush beside her.

She lazily went to her living room and slumped on her couch. She reached for the remote control and her TV.

A drama is on air, with a scene with the actor asking for the actress to be his girlfriend.

It gave Tiffany an idea.

The actress said yes, and kissed the actor. Tiffany held her cheeks, as she remembered when Taeyeon kissed her on her cheeks, and her forehead.

"I won't waste time anymore. I love Taeyeon already. I'll ask her to be my girl friend." Tiffany giggled.

 

 

Tiffany glanced at the clock. It's 5PM already. She knows that during those times, Taeyeon is just slothing around her place. It's the usual time Taeyeon visits Tiffany and spends time with her.

She made sure that she looked pretty, as she did a final retouch on her makeup.

Tiffany took the minion plush on the couch and made her way to the door. She didn't plan anything special. She'll just surprise Taeyeon by appearing in front of her door, giving her the plush, and asking her to be her girl friend.

She opened her door and went straight to Taeyeon's. She pressed the doorbell with her trembling hands. She's nervous too.

No answer.

She tried again.

Then the elevator door opened, revealing Taeyeon and a pretty girl who's hugging and holding hands with Taeyeon. Taeyeon's eyes are on her tablet as they walked closer to Tiffany.

Tiffany froze. She felt pain. Her hands became cold.

Taeyeon placed her tablet back on her bag, and looked up. She stopped walking when she saw Tiffany, standing in front of her door, a few steps away from her, looking straight in her. Her face expressionless.

Taeyeon just looked at her.

Tiffany's hand trembled, and she lost her grip on the plush, making it fall on the ground.

"Ohmo!" The girl with Taeyeon bent down and took the plush and handed it to Tiffany. "Here you go."

"Thanks." Tiffany thanked the girl.

"You guys know each other?" The girl asked when she saw how Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at each other. The girl extended her hand in front of Tiffany. "I'm Jooyeon, by the way."

Tiffany bit her tongue. Her body felt numb after hearing the girl's name. She felt her knees become weak, and she can't feel her hands anymore.

She struggled to shake hands with Taeyeon's ex. She forced a smile. "Oh. You guys are back together again? Wow. Congratulations!"

"Tiff..." Taeyeon said.

Tiffany bit her lip. Her vision are becoming blurred from the tears that are forming in her eyes. She took a step back. "I'll go back then. Congratulations."

Tiffany turned around and let her tears fall, not allowing Taeyeon to see her cry. She hurriedly went inside her place and let more tears fall from her eyes.