Birthday Surprise Part 3

If Only You Knew

Aerin’s POV

While we were walking, Yoseob’s name quietly echoed through the dark halls.  That creepy whisper was giving me a really bad vibe.

“What was that?”  I asked anxiously.

“What was what?”  Yoseob didn’t seem to hear it.

“You didn’t hear it?  I thought I heard someone call your name, but I guess it was just me.”  Was I hallucinating?

Suddenly, I heard the door to my right open, and saw that Yoseob was being pulled inside.

“YOSEOB!”  I reached out my hand and wanted to take Yoseob back, but I wasn’t fast enough.

Yoseob had been engulfed by the door, leaving me all alone in this haunted house.  Tears welled in my eyes, then slowly spilling over my eyelids.  Not knowing what else to do, I used all my effort to hammer the door that had Yoseob trapped.

“Open up!”  I knocked against the door violently.  “PLEASE!”

No answer.  Have I lost Yoseob forever?

My legs trembled, causing my knees to collapse onto the wooden floor.  Burning hot tears trickled down my cheeks.  Yoseob, if you can hear me, please come back.  Tell me that you’re okay.  Please!  It was as if he miraculously heard my thoughts.

The door creaked open, and in front of me stood the boy who I had been yelling for.  He dropped to the floor and held me tightly in his arms.  I couldn’t help but cry my eyes out.  Though it was a cry of relief, Yoseob did not let me go.  He sang me a sweet melody instead which calmed me down.

“I’m sorry.  Are you okay?”  He brushed away my tears with the tips of his fingers.

“Where did you go?!  I was so worried!  I thought you died or something!”  I shifted from being worried to being angry.

“It was Junhyung’s plan to scare you.”  He turned to the wooden door when Junhyung walked out from behind with an apologetic smile.

“Sorry Aerin.  I didn’t think you would be that scared.  I didn’t mean to.”  After seeing how nervous I was, Junhyung apologized.

“You guys are jerks!”  I pushed Yoseob away with all the strength I had in my body, and I stood myself up.

Just as I was about to storm away, Yoseob pulled me back into his arms, not letting me go even when I tried to wiggle my way out.  “I’m sorry I scared you.”  His voice sounded sincere.

“Don’t blame Yoseob.  He didn’t even know until he found out it was me.”

“At least I found out how much you care about me now.”  Yoseob smirked.

Instead of shrugging off his playful words, my heart rate accelerated, and I just knew my cheeks were flushed as red as a tomato.  Why did I care so much about what Yoseob said?

“The guys are probably outside already.  We should head out before they start to worry about us.”  Junhyung suggested.

Yoseob’s arms dropped from my shoulders though a part of me didn’t want him to let go.  But instead, he intertwined his fingers with mine.  “Let’s go.”  He flashed me a brilliant smile.  With our hands locked together, he led us out of the creepy haunted house.  Well, it didn’t feel so creepy anymore when you could see a dot of light at the end of the hallway.

“Wow, why was I so scared back then?  This haunted house is so soft!”  Doojoon laughed when we were all gathered together once again.

“Probably ‘cause back then you were only 3 feet of the floor.”  Hyunseung joked.

“Hey, what happened to you two in there?”  Doojoon jerked up one of his eyebrows after eyeing the situation of Yoseob and I holding hands.

“I guess whatever happened in there, stays in there.”  Kikwang said, which made my face hot.

Upon hearing the guys’ teases, I quickly freed my hand from Yoseob’s, and then looked away shyly.  I didn’t want the guys to get the wrong idea about me and Yoseob, especially Kikwang.

“Yah, it’s getting late.  Let’s get going.”  I wanted so much to escape right now.

“Wait!”  Dongwoon stopped me.  “Let’s take 1 last picture before we leave.”

We all agreed as I took out Yoseob’s Polaroid camera from my bag.  With me holding the camera in the middle of our group picture, I instructed, “Say cheese!”

Another snapshot was added to our album of Beastly memories.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hope you guys are enjoying my fanfic so far ! (: I know I'vehad a lot of parts for this "Birthday Surprise" but I promise you, this will be the last part.  I'm still working on the other chapters, so be patient until I post up the other chapters.  Thanks to all those who subbed to me.  You don't know how much I appreciate it ! :D