Final

The Little White Box

 

The constant thundering from outside lit up the skies as the clouds split open to release an abundance of rain. The showers were coming down so hard that the water was leaking through the windowsills, so towels were jammed around all the windows in a small, cozy home in the heart of Goyang, South Korea. Perfect weather for one of the loneliest day of the year: Valentine’s Day.

Well, the loneliest day for Do Kyungsoo, that is.

Kyungsoo didn’t have anyone to spend the day, or evening, with, so he decided to lock himself in his house for the night and eat whatever he wanted while he watched one of his many dramas, Gu Family Book. The episode he was watching may be a rerun, but everything that was displayed on the television had him just as captivated as he was the first time it was aired.

Just as the owl eyed boy was walking from the kitchen with an oversized bowl of popcorn in hand, there was a harsh knock on the door that startled him into nearly dropping his buttery treat.

At first he thought he was just imagining things because who would be out in this horrible weather? So shrugging it off as though it were just a figment of his imagination, Kyungsoo shook his head as he sat back down on the most comfortable spot on his couch and turned back to the bright screen of his television. 


Just as Choi Kang Chi was starting a fight with some local trouble makers, the knock sounded again, but a lot louder this time.  Sighing to himself and removing the popcorn bowl from his lap, Kyungsoo stood slowly with his eyes glued to the TV screen as he made his way to the door frame of his living room. The knocking turned into frantic banging and that worried the owl eyed male all of a sudden.

Is someone in trouble?  

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” He called as he shuffled down the hall as quickly as his feet could take him without tripping. Spreading his calloused hands on the wood of the front door, Kyungsoo peeped through the tiny peep hole to find a hooded figure standing with their back turned to the door, the rain coming down relentlessly as the person shivered and shuddered. Without a second thought, Kyungsoo undid the many locks on his front door and swung the tall hunk of wood open as wide as he could. “Can I help you…Um…“

No one was there. The person who was just standing at his doorway seemed to have faded into thin air.

Did I open the door too late?

Kyungsoo leaned out of the dryness of his home as far as he could without getting wet; he looked to the left, to the right, to left again, and straight ahead. Not a single person was walking about in the down pour of tonight’s thunder storm.

They couldn’t have gone too far…

Kyungsoo hadn’t realized how far out he was leaning until he stumbled a little and stubbed his toe on something on the first step of his porch. Grumbling in frustration, the befuddled man looked down to find a small white box with a red bow tied on it.

Is this a present? For me?

The boy slowly leaned over and picked up the gift.

A little heavier than I thought, haha!

Kyungsoo hummed to himself as he held the box carefully in his hands. Turning back into the house, the giddy boy bumped the door with his hip, the hunk of wood clicking shut as he made his way back to his drama.  

Just as the elder was rounding the corner into the living room, something within the box started making grunting noises and rattled the entire cardboard container. Out of shock, Kyungsoo dropped the box, tripped over his own feet, and stumbled backwards only to fall flat on his .

The box tipped over and a small ball of fur rolled out in a fit of wines and yelps. When the creature stood on its four, wobbly legs, Kyungsoo realized that it was a puppy.

The little guy took in his surroundings, but when his eyes fell on Kyungsoo, the dog started quivering in fear. When Kyungsoo noticed the pup shaking, he got on his knees and extended his hands, "Shh, its ok! I won't hurt you, I promise.."

When Kyungsoo's hand was just about to touch the soft curls on the pup’s back, the little thing whined and leaked on itself.

Kyungsoo's face fell in a frown as he looked at the helpless creature. "What am I going to do with you?"
 


Once the small mess was cleaned, Kyungsoo was sitting on the floor in his living room with the puppy sitting across from him. "What am I going to name you, hm?" The pup cocked its little, furry head to the side as he listened to Kyungsoo's words. "How about... Cujo?” The pup scrunched up its little black nose.
 
"Benji?"
 
The pup laid down on its little paws with a whine.
 
"Picky little fella, aren’t you?" Kyungsoo scoffed.
 
The fuzz ball rolled over on its stomach and barked the cutest little sound that Kyungsoo couldn't help but giggle.

The human boy really had no idea what to name the playful pup before him. He looked around until his eyes landed on the oversized bookcase that stood beside his computer desk. The elder stood and walked over to the towering wooden library.
 
The little brown pup followed close behind, tripping over his own paws every now and then, but managed to keep up. When his new friend stopped in front of a tall, dark tower, the pup crashed into his ankles and pouted. Kyungsoo looked down at the little guy and smiled.
 
"You okay?" Kyungsoo asked the brown fur ball at the base of his feet. The pup wagged its tail and let out a cheerful yap.
 
Turning back to the rows of books, Kyungsoo furrowed his brows as he looked at the covers to try and recall character names. He only chose his favorite novels to try and give the little guy a title.
 
"How about Gandalf?"
 
"Jasper?"
 
"Dash?"
 
"Clark Kent?"
 
"Clyde?"
 
At every name, the dog was disagreeing with him completely- it was almost as though it was screaming ‘No’ at him!
 
"Igor? Poe?"

This wasn't working.
 
Kyungsoo bit his lip as he looked around the room to try and get some inspiration.

I can't name him after a piece of furniture; the poor dog would disown himself!
 

The sound of little claws scraping against the hardwood floor brought Kyungsoo's attention away from his dining room set to where the little guy scampered off to.
 
Kyungsoo rounded a corner to find the pup pulling colorful video game cases off the floor shelves of his game stash. Leaning against the doorframe, the owl eyed male crossed his arms and chuckled, "Do you like video games little guy?" The pup yapped and barked as he walked down the shelf towards his anime cluster.
 
Maybe an anime character’s name?
 
Kyungsoo jogged over and slid to the floor. He looked over the many colorful bindings, but the pup was still wandering around near the video games and pulling cases off the floor-height shelf. The little guy kept chewing on this one specific game case, which worried Kyungsoo to no end. “Nooo! That’s my favorite game- it’s in mint condition! Please don’t chew on it!” The boy practically had to wrestle the feisty fur ball in an attempt to try and rescue the thin plastic casing, so when he was finally able to pry it from the little guy’s chops, Kyungsoo came face to face with a fussy puppy.

“What? You wanna eat it some more? Aw man, it’s all wet and nasty looking now, ugh!”

Kyungsoo groaned as he tried to re-bend the edges of plastic to try and salvage what he could. When he looked over the cover of the case to see how much that portion was damaged, he saw noticed one of his most valued avatars; the character was clad in red, bad looking armor with a huge scythe strapped to his back and double edged blades weld in both hands, his hair was down and wind-blown as he stood on the edge of a ruined castle that had an enormous army at the base of its structure.

Kai; the best character in the entire game plot…             

Kyungsoo stole a glance at the fussy mutt and received a growl as though he had the audacity to look at him after taking his new, favorite chew toy. The little guy was currently resting his furry head on its front paws with its rear end high in the air and his teeth bared as though he were ready to pounce. Then Kyungsoo looked between the puppy and the fierce warrior on the cover of his game.

“Kai?”

The puppy’s reaction was almost instant; his aggressive stance relaxed as he sat down on his hind legs, his tongue flapped out and his small, nub-like tail going a mile a minute on the maroon, hardwood floor in Kyungsoo’s small game room.

Smiling to himself, Kyungsoo extended his hand hesitantly; the first reaction he got from trying to pet the little guy was a puddle of urine on his floor, so he was definitely hoping for something better.

When the elder’s palm gently settled on the brown curls of his new friend’s head, the pup barked enthusiastically and nuzzled into the tender pat.

“Haha, Kai it is then.”


End.











Yay, cute and fluffy KaiSoo~
I hope you guys enjoyed it!:D

Since this was a copy and paste of a chapter in EXO OTP Layout, I decided to add the comments that were already given!:

Aliceee17  on Jun 10, 2013 20:39:10 says about chapter 1:
This is just sooo cute~~~

Mira5Hero  on Jun 13, 2013 22:44:57 says about chapter 1:
잘한다, Lexi dongsaengie~ can't wait for your next chap.

In result of  me making this chapter just a one-shot, I think I'll add all the others and make them their own fics also.
And I'll post their comments aswell so that my past readers are noticed!



Comments make my world go round~