Just a Little

Just a Little

"Rose-ah~! Come sit with me," Jaehwan jutted out his bottom lip at the blank stare his girlfriend gave him. "Please?"

The young woman held back a sigh and plopped down next to her boyfriend on the couch, crossing her legs and going back to her book not two seconds after she had seated herself. Jaehwan continued to pout and began to poke at Rose in an attempt to catch her attention, resting his chin on her shoulder when the poking didn't seem to work. Rose merely shrugged him off of her and leaned on the arm of the couch.

This time Jaehwan full-out frowned. It wasn't like Rose to be this way; she usually loved sharing skinship with him, and she never purposely put distance between them. Had he done something to upset her?

"Hey, Rose," the dirty blonde called, crossing his own legs. "Wanna see a movie? 'A Werewolf Boy' is finally out on DVD, so we could go rent it and watch that if you still want to see it."

The brunette finished the line she was reading before looking over at him, giving a slight smile and a nod of her head. "Sounds good, Jaehwan-ah."

The man grinned and took her hand in his, pulling her up and practically skipping to the door with Rose. He hoped his antics and the movie would cheer her up; if not, then he would have to get serious -- something he wasn't exactly fond of -- and find out what was eating at her. She had been acting a bit weird for the past month, and at this point, Jaehwan was starting to get concerned. Whatever it was that was bothering her, it was weakening their relationship, driving an awkward wedge between them. The last thing he wanted was for the two of them to get tired of each other because of unspoken words.

"Ah, do you want to get some snacks?" Jaehwan smiled down at Rose, swinging their intertwined hands as they made their way down the isle of the DVD rental store.

The woman broke eye contact and gave him a nod. "Sure. I think we're out of rice, so we should get some while we're at the store, too."

Jaehwan let out a cute "Okay~" even though he really wanted to sit her down and ask why she reacted like that. Avoiding eye contact? That wasn't like Rose at all, and he could have sworn he heard an irritated sigh at his reply to her statement earlier.

"Jagiya, let's rent Iris, too! You haven't seen it, yet, right?" He waved the DVD case containing the first ten episodes at Rose, an excited glint in his eye. He knew she had a thing for crime shows; there was no way she could resist Iris, and there was no way she would give him another irritated sigh with this suggestion.

"I haven't, so we might as well."

As quick as she had turned to him, she had turned away, feigning interest in some romantic comedies on the opposite shelf. Jaehwan frowned but grinned just a second later and took Rose's hand in his once again, pulling her down the isle like an excited child in a candy store. He was leading her to the comedy section of the store, but Rose abruptly stopped, causing Jaehwan to accidentally pull her forward, Rose stumbling as a result. Quickly the man caught her, holding her close to him and flashing a cute, sheepish grin at her. The young woman didn't seem to be amused, though, and scowled at him.

"I don't appreciate being pulled around like a rag doll, Jaehwan-ah. If you want to go somewhere, just tell me."

And with that she broke away from him to walk to the front of the store where the register was. Before Jaehwan was just worried, but now he was annoyed with Rose, too. She had no right to treat him like this when she wouldn't even tell him what he had done to upset her. They were definitely going to have a talk when they got home.

~OhDear~

Rose felt horrible. She had been giving Jaehwan an attitude all day along with the cold shoulder, and he honestly didn't deserve it. He hadn't done anything wrong at all; if anyone had done something wrong, it was Rose herself, but she just couldn't help her feelings, and for that she was sorry.

She wasn't usually one to get jealous, but for whatever reason, Jaehwan's unfailing ability to be adorable as all get out made the young English teacher jealous. The way he easily executed aegyo, comfortably spoke in a cute voice-- it was so frustrating to watch when she couldn't do those things. Rose doubted if she could ever come off as cute even if she tried her hardest to do so. It just wasn't her character.

But she was just a little jealous. She refused to admit that she was seriously jealous of her boyfriend because, well, wouldn't that be ridiculous? Hardly mature, either.

Regardless, she owed Jaehwan an apology, and so when the two returned home, she found herself asking him if there was anything in particular he wanted to eat that night, if he wanted to choose what they watched first, and if he would like to rest for a while since he had been up late the previous night practicing with his band members. Jaehwan had just shrugged, placing the grocery bags on the kitchen's counter before plopping down on the couch and leaning his head back.

Carefully Rose sat next to the dirty blonde, not having the confidence to sit close to him and instead settling herself in the corner of the couch. The snacks were forgotten in the kitchen, the movies forgotten on the coffee table, and now it was just the two of them. Silence had engulfed the room, making it a little hard for Rose to find her words.

"U-um, Jaehwan-ah?"

His eyes were still closed. "Hm?"

"Well, about today..."

Jaehwan lifted his head up and turned towards her, pouting cutely despite his words being completely serious. "You were a bit mean today, Jagi."

"Y-yeah, and I--" Rose stared at his pouting lips, feeling the frustration building up. "Well, I--"

She was having trouble getter her apology out, and her boyfriend noticed, taking pity on her and waving her off. "It's fine, though! I understand."

Rose's eyes widened ever so slightly. "You do?"

"Of course! Everyone has a bad day," Jaehwan looked down. "And I guess I somehow managed to make it worse."

To see him like that broke her heart. Rose placed a hand on the singer's shoulder. "You didn't do anything wrong, Jaehwan-ah. Don't blame yourself. I... I'm just having trouble."

He looked up at her. "Trouble? With what?" Jaehwan tilted his head, blinking up at her with pretty brown eyes.

Rose immediately felt her annoyance return, and she sighed, frustrated. "Do you have to do that?"

Her boyfriend furrowed his brow. "Do what?"

"Act so... so cute!"

"What's wrong with being cute?" Jaehwan shot back, confused beyond words.

"It's so frustrating..." Rose sighed, pulling at the ends of her waist length locks.

"Are you...?"

The woman met Jaehwan's eyes. "Am I what?"

The dirty blonde searched her eyes, an amused grin slowly making its way onto his lips. This only served to frustrate Rose even further. "What, Jaehwan?"

"Are you jealous?"

He had stunned her with his question, left hanging open in surprise. Just seconds later, Rose's cheeks were flaming red and she was standing up from the couch. 

"Of course not! Why would I be jealous?"

Jaehwan hastily followed her to the kitchen where she took out the snacks from the bags. Rose avoided his eyes, an embarrassed scowl present on her features.

"It's just ridiculous to think a girl would be jealous of her boyfriend's ability to be cute."

"Exactly."

The brunette's eyes shot over to him, shocked. Her gaze dropped to the floor, and her hands ceased their movement, her heart suddenly feeling very heavy. 

Jaehwan took slow steps towards Rose, a soft smile playing at his lips. "I mean, yeah, I pull off being cute pretty well," he stopped in front of the woman, tilting her chin up so that she would look him in the eyes, though Rose refused to and instead looked to the side. "But how can you be jealous of me when you're the most adorable woman on the planet?"

Rose scoffed, fighting off the smile that wanted to break through at his cheesiness. "I'm hardly adorable. I--"

The singer interrupted the brunette by pecking her lips, laughing when she looked at him with big eyes. "Don't interrupt, Rose-ah; it's rude. And how can you say that? You're always doing cute things."

"Like wha--"

Jaehwan kissed her again, now wrapping his arms around her in a hug. "There you go interrupting me again," he made a face of annoyance, but his grin replaced it in no time. "And I think whenever you read you're really cute. You get this concentrated look on your face, almost like you're pouting. Whenever you get home from work or even after you get done with your work at home, you're really adorable because you're sleepy and rubbing at your eyes. Though keep in mind you shouldn't rub at them so much."

Rose just nodded, caught completely off guard by her boyfriend's words.

"When you get confused, you either bite your lip or puff out your cheeks, and you drive me nuts with how adorable you look at those times. You know when you're most cute, though?"

She shook her head, eyes tearing up. 

Jaehwan smiled widely, touching his forehead to his girlfriend's. "When I catch you by surprise, like now. You're really just irresistibly cute then."

Rose laughed softly, shaking her head at her boyfriend. How did she get so lucky to end up with someone like him? To think she had been jealous of him this whole time, and now here he was making her feel better about it. Jaehwan really was something.

"Now, come on! We still have to watch our movies!"

She let herself get dragged to the couch where Jaehwan set up the movie to play before he pulled her down onto his lap, arms wrapped around her waist and chin resting on her shoulder. Leaning back onto his chest, Rose smiled.

"Just a little."

"What was that, Jagiya?"

"I was just a little jealous." Jaehwan chuckled at her.

"I know, Rose, I know."


Sorry it took so long to update, you guys! I hope you enjoyed it though. ^^ I had some trouble with this, but it turned out okay in the end, I think. Let me know what you think in the comments~