"The End and the Beginning"

Strangers, Again

                 T'was a saturday afternoon in the season of autumn; lies a fine day; a very fine day he considered. Although she planned for something else. He shook his head as he thinks deep. He was staring at his phone, for some reason, hoping for a message or a call to arrive from someone he desperately expects.

While waiting, he stunned himself with his tunes as he scrolls down the screen of his phone searching for a good song. Fortunately, he found one! "Saturday Afternoon by Raspberry Fields." he said.

He attached his earphones in his ears and took a petty nap on their couch.

- - -

She was half-awkae, yet half-asleep. She was very drowsy, although she still might want to finish what she's doing. She rested her chin on her palm while the other hand was lightly brushing a pencil on a thick paper. 'Up and down, up and down.' says the pencil. She yawned and dropped her head hardly on the table. She didn't care, she was sleepy though. When her dreams were about to start, a loud beep aroused her phone. She moaned but she didn't hesitated to answer it.

"Hello?" she greeted.

"Krystal! Are you free today?" her friend asked.

"I guess. Why?"

"Because if you're free, I'd like to keep you as my company today."

"Where? Shopping?"

"Yeah. Besides, you're not grounded anymore, aren't you?"

"Not anymore. But instead of shopping, can we at least have coffee in your house? I have something important to tell you."

"Okay. Just text me when you're on your way, okay. Bye!"

She dropped her phone and moaned again.

"I'm not even sure I'm doing this..." she said to herself. She wasn't referring about the coffee thing at her friend's house that she wasn't sure to do; she was referring to something else -- to someone else.

- - -

After his pettyful nap, he decided to have a walk at the park where he and his girlfriend used to have fun. He grabbed his sweater, put on his headphones, wore his shoes, and load off his feet away from their house.

He was walking solemnly alone as he listens to his jolly songs. Not a single call or message was delivered to him, so he placed his hands on his pocket and quicken his steps.

- - -

She washed her face and tapped it with a small towel in order to wake herself up. She changed her clothes into somehting simple. She put on her plain navy blue v-neck shirt, a mini shorts, a sweater and a pair of sneakers.

"What if I go straight to the park first? Hmm... It's kinda early for coffee though."

So she did as what she told herself to do. She went to the park walking alone, leaving her private bodyguards behind.

- - -

He was standing at the middle of the park as he watch the people pass by his side. Time stood still in his wit. Other people were bumping him, but he still forced himself to stand still in that mere moment until... he saw a grandeur facade of a familiar girl as she took her mere steps to him. She was admiring the scenery and not the person whom she's walking to.

"This can't be... am I having an illusion?" He ask himself. He couldn't argue to his self anymore because the figure was getting close to him.

"K-Krystal?!" he shouted in bewilderment. The girl then looked at him in astonishment.

"Krystal, what are you doing here? I thought you're grounded?" he asked Krystal; giving her a tight hug.

"I'm not grounded anymore, Hun. I was just - "

"I miss you!" he cuts her words with his whisper.

"R-Reallly?" she asked; stuttering.

"What kind of question is that? Of course it's true. Since when did I even lied to you?"

"Oh..." she looked down disappointedly.

"Krys, did you even missed me?"

"Uh... Of course!" she said unsurely.

"You're so strange today. Aren't you going to hug me back?"

Krystal then hugged him since he looked disappointed with her sudden mood swing. After she hugged him, she let go and patted his head like a child.

"Don't be so sad, Hun. Hey, I still love you after 3 months of being grounded. My feelings never changed." she said'that made him sigh in relief.

"I love you more." he replied with a tender smile.

"But..."

"But what?" he confusingly asked. Krystal just looked down and remained silent.

"But what, Krys?!" he was very curious. He looked dumb but she looked calm. Suddenly, she spoke up.

"Please, let's end this..." she quickly said. It had been so easy for her to say those and it's like the words escaped her lips without hesitation. was dry but she said it clearly.

"You're kidding right?" he playfully asked but she can obviously tell from his eyes that he's really hurt. His eyes were teary and his voice was trembling.

"No." she plainfully said.

"But why?"

"I have this reason personally."

"So you're telling me that I don't have the right to know?"

"It's unnecesarry."

"Well, if it's unnecessary, then why don't you tell me?"

"Look. I - "

"Just please tell me why." A tear escaped his eyes as his voice trembles. It was the first time he cried for her.

"Because... I want to."

"The truth, Krys. I want to know the truth!" He was crying hardly. He repeated what he said as the tone of his voice gets louder. He was holding her shoulder with a tight grip.

"We're far more better than this..." She said those words simply like her heart wasn't rub with conscience.

"...and I deserve to be happier than this." she added.

"Are you blaming me?"

"Did I said something about blaming you?"

"Well, you're bviously pointing it out."

"Well, maybe you've misunderstood me."

He was crying so bad that words in his mouth can hardly escape. His knuckles were gripping itself so tight.

"I thought you love me?" he asked.

"I do. But, things between you and my family were undeniable. It's hard to pick between you guys. I've spent 3 months in the house thinking about my decision and I have come up with this. I know it's too silly and unbelievable but... I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Hun. We could still be friends though, or I don't know if they'll let you." She explained clearly. He feels like he wants to punch his self. It was his fault that Krystal hated him; that's what he thought.

"But- "

"I know, Hun. I know we went too far and we've made so many plans and promises already. But I'm terribly sorry. I swear I love you and I've loved you. There are still so many girls out there and you deserve someone better than me."

"Is this really what you want?"

She nodded at him innocently.

"It's hard you know; with me letting you go that easily..."

"It's better if you do. My parents won't stop hurting your ego unless you stop first."

"Can we still get back to each other in the future?"

"I don't think so... We'll be leaving for London soon. We're moving there. They won't let me come if they know we're still together."

"I love you so much, Krys. And if that's what you want, I'll let you go." She smiled at him. She smiled so beautifully for the last time, he thought. Even if his tears were drowning his face, a still but gentle curve on his lips lit up his face that made her eyes glisten... for the last time. Their love ended. His world stopped revolving around them. It had reached its end. And end they know they can't build up again. She went near him and now they're a few metres away from each other. His hand went into his pocket and draw out a small, silky white box. He gave it to Krystal with a tender smile and hugged her for the last time. Krystal put the box in her pocket without having the intention of reading it at that time. He kissed her forehead slowly and deeply as tears run down his face, and down to her cheeks. Their foreheads leaned on each other and in that mere moment, he grabbed an opportunity to kiss her lips. It was their first time; their first kiss. It was passionatley soft as he caresses her chin.

After that, she lowered her head and leaned on his shoulder.

"You're free now, I wish you the best and thank you so much."

She placed her hand on his shoulders and he lowered his head with his face soaked in tears.

"Take care." She finally ended. She slowly went away from him. He fell on his knees sobbing hardly. People were staring at him unconsciously thinking he was mad. It was already twilight and he looked for an empty bench and sat. He was thinking deep again. After all those memories they've shared, on this sudden day he never expected this. He has to face the future without her now. He has to move on... After the unexpected happening, those frightful words were still clinging in his ears: "Let's end this..."

- - -

Krystal rode on a taxi to her friend's house. While sitting in the cab, she remembered the box he gave her. She quickly pulled it out from her pocket and opened it. Her eyes widened with what she saw. It was a ring with a small paper scrolled  tightly inside it. She opened the letter and read it:

"Happy 6th year anniversary, Krys! See this beautiful ring? It's for you...

Will you marry me? -Sehun:)"

She cried. She can hardly breathe. Her eyes were red, and she can't help it.

A few minutes later, she arrived at her friend's house. Before she could press the doorbell, her friend's mom went out and saw her in her gloomy face.

"Oh, Krystal. Have you been standing here all the time?"

"No. I just came. Good evening, Mrs. Im." Krystal bowed.

"What's with your face? Did something happened? I thought you're grounded?"

"I'm not grounded anymore and nothing much happened."

"Really? It's okay, you're like my daughter now. You can tell me everything."

"Well, it's about Sehun..."

"Oh?! That guy again? You're still together? Oh my! That dangerous guy!"

"He really gets to your nerves huh, Mrs. Im? I can still remember how my family hated much of him too."

"Yeah. But it's your choice, dear. He's your boyfriend so that depends on you."

"Well actually, Mrs. Im. We're already done."

"Really? When?"

"This afternoon."

"Goodness! So how was it?"

"It didn't go well,though. I felt so sorry for him."

"Who wouldn't? He loved you so much! But it's okay dear. I know you only want what's best for your family."

"Yeah. But it's okay now. He truly understands the situation we're in to. Thanks too, Mrs. Im. By the way, is Yoona here?"

"Oh yeah. She's inside waiting for you. You're welcome dear, everytime. I have to go now. I need to buy some food for our dinner." Enjoy your time guys!"

Then Mrs. Im left. Krystal went in and sat at their couch. 

"Hi Krys!" Yoona said as she ran to Krystal with a tight hug.

"I miss you so much." she added.

"I'm sorry I was late. I have something to tell you." Krystal worryingly said.

"It's okay. I need to talk to you too. You look horrible. Come on, let's talk upstairs."

They both went upstairs to Yoona's room and cancelled their coffee.

Yoona locked her room and talked privately with Krystal.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Yoona curiously asked.

"We.. broke up..." Yoona's eyes widened.

"Is that why you came here late? You went to talk to him?"

"Yes.."

"Well, what did he said?"

"Nothing much..."

"Nothing much?! He cried, right?"

"Yes. He said he'll let me go if that is what I want."

"Did you feel pity for him?"

"Of course... Yoong, when I look at him the way he cried, he was totally in great grief."

"You are his first love and we can't even deny that. Both of you shared 6 years of happiness and..."

"We broke up..."

"Yeah..."

"Can you imagine it? I mean, we lasted 6 years and I didn't even greeted him on our 6th year anniversary."

"Really?!"

"Before he'd let me go, he gave me something..."

"What was it?"

Krystal handed the box to Yoona.

"Happy 6th year anniversary, Krys! See this beautiful ring? It's for you...

Will you marry me? -Sehun:)" Yoona said as she stammers.

"What would he be without you now?" Yoona added. She comforted Krystal with a tight hug while Krystal was sobbing.

"You only did what was right, Krys. You didn't even mean to hurt him."

"I know. I felt so sorry for him." Yoona keeps on rubbing Krystal's back to stop her from crying.

"Well, Yoona since you wanted me to forget about him, let's change the topic instead. Have you foung 'him' already?"

"HIM?!"

"You know.. H-I-M ?!"

"Ah! Him... Not yet. I really need your help in finding him you know."

"Why didn't you tell me? Your due date is near how can you find him? It's gonna get hard you know."

"Well... can we search for him tomorrow?"

"Great idea."

*Flashback*

"Yoona, your dad said - "

"No! I won't mom! Never!"

"Please darling."

Yoona; without any replies, left her mom in the living room and went up to her room.

She loudly shut the door and cried. Then her brother Siwan; who had just arrived from his work, heard Yoona's rebel moan.

"What was that about, mom?" Siwan asked.

"Your dad called."

"What did he say?"

"They had a meeting last two weeks about the new heir in the company."

"And? What about it?"

"Your dad's boardmates decided to let the heir be a girl, and that is your sister."

"What? Are you guys sure she can handle these things?"

"No. But they had already confirmed this and it's final. It's going to be your sister." When Siwan heard his mother's last phrase, he kept silent and hurriedly went to Yoona's room.