Lesson n.1 Unwanted Price

GuiGui Syndrome
Before going to work, GuiGui controlled if she has some letters into their mailbox, her shoulders fell when she saw some bills that she needs to pay. She sighed and sadly walked the street which brings her directly to the convenience store.
 
"Did you receive anything?" Mi Hyun asked her as soon as she got inside the store, as response to her question, GuiGui shaked her head "Don't worry, you will receive a mail from them, I'm sure" the old lady tried to cheer her up.
 
She sighed once again and went inside the dressing room to change her clothes, almost one week already passed since she took the entrance exam for Daejeon University. In the end she decided to give it a try, since she has nothing to lose and all that she needs is to support and raise the only one member left of her family. She was also willing to disguise herself into a boy just for her brother's sake, but it seems that her only hope wouldn't be granted.
For the whole time, her mind was just partially concentrated on her work, the other part was thinking about finding another part-time job, possibly a night-shift so that she can earn more money and buy some new shoes for Joon Ho.
 
"Can you please deliver these things to Mrs. Kyun?" Mi Hyun asked as soon as she got out of the dressing room, ready to go home.
 
"Okay" she said and wore her old baseball cap and grabbed the brown paper bags, heading to Mrs. Kyun place.
 
While walking, GuiGui lifted her eyes and stared at the dark sky full of stars, she especially stared at the two stars shining more than the other ones.
 
"Umma, Appa"a light smile designed her lips "Are you watching over me and Joon Ho?"
 
She slowly lowered her eyes and continued walking. She once promised to herself to not cry anymore, being tough is what she needs right now and being weak is what she's trying to avoid with all her might. Tears are useless, they can't erase the pain, that's what she always thought.
When she arrived to her destination, she pushed the doorbell and an old woman with gentle features opened the door welcoming her.
 
"I came to deliver these" she said, handing to the old woman the paper bags
 
"Oh..thank you so much" the woman smiled at her "I'm sorry that I made you come this late, I was planning on going to the store but suddenly my back ached"
 
"Ahh.. no no, it's okay" she said and smiled
 
While re-taking the same road to finally head home, not far from her she saw a group of guys surrounding a girl forcedly trying to take her with them. The girl tried to struggle from the one who's tightly grabbing her wrist, as this one was nervously looking around her finding a way to escape from those erts.
 
"Hey, what are you doing?" GuiGui asked, capturing the attention of the guys and also the girl who was looking at her as if a prince came to protect and save the princess
 
"It's none of your business" the one guy with a lot of piercings on his face angrily stared at her "Get lost"
 
"It seems like she doesn't want to come with you" she continued, inclining her head to the right to take a glimpse of the girl, fear was reflected into her eyes
 
"Hey!" an another guy with brownish long hair stepped forward to face her "Are you messing up with us?"
 
"I'm not" she answered bravely "I just think that if a girl doesn't want to come with you, you shouldn't force her. Acting in that way, only makes you look like desperate ones" she said grabbing the wrist of the girl, dragging her away
 
"Ahh that insolent guy!" 
 
"Let him go" the leader of the group stopped his subordinate "I lost interest into that girl"
 
GuiGui was still grabbing the girl's wrist, walking away from the group of guys who put their eyes on her. They continued walking for a while until GuiGui looked behind her and noticed that they were already far from those delinquent guys. She then let her go and walked away when this one grabbed her shirt, making her turn once again to look at her
 
"Thank you" the girl said, bowing three times consecutively in front of her
 
"It's okay, next time be careful" she smiled a bit and walked away
 
The girl clasped her own hands while looking at the back of her prince's saviour and a sweet smile designed her lips as she hopes and pray to meet him again..
 
 
*****
 
 
"I'm home" GuiGui said while taking her shoes off and putting her slippers on
 
"Noona welcome home" Joon Ho handed her a red envelop
 
"What's this?" she asked, looking at it "Another bill?" she scratched her head and released a soundful sigh of frustration
 
"I don't know" Joon Ho shrugged his shoulders as he goes to the kitchen to control if the noodles are cooked
 
GuiGui threw the envelop on the table of the kitchen and went directly to her room to get some clean clothes and take a shower. After 20 minutes, she was rubbing the white towel on her wet hair and walked in the kitchen where her little brother was already eating. She also sat on the chair in front of him and started eating too, after few seconds she frowned as the red envelop caught once again her attention. This time she grabbed it and opened the envelop, she took out the papers inside it and started reading the content of the letter. She was taking a sip of water but suddenly spits it out and tried to cover and clean her lips.
 
"Noona!" Joon Ho complained the bad manners of his older sister
 
"J-J-Joon Ho" she pointed at the papers that she's holding "Read this too"
 
His brother took the papers and started reading, after a while he raised his eyes and looked at her.
 
"What does it say?"
 
"Eh?" Joon Ho frowned a little while looking at his sister "Didn't you read it too?"
 
"Just say what did you understand"
 
"It says that you got accepted with full marks to Daejeon University"
 
GuiGui blinked her eyes, it took her a while to understand the meaning of Joon Ho's words.
 
"I got accepted?" she paused and stood up "I got accepted!! Joon Ho, money isn't our problem anymore!" she happily exclaimed "I will buy you new clothes and shoes, you'll eat more yummy foods, lunch and dinner aren't a problem anymore!"
 
"But Noona..." Joon Ho stared at her with a worried face "Isn't it an all-boys school?"
 
"About that" she paused for a second "You don't need to worry. It's our secret, okay?"
 
Reluctantly Joon Ho nodded, but still he wasn't convinced if his sister's decision is right.
 
 
*****
 
 
"I'm so excited" Wooyoung stretched his arms while looking at Chansung "Today we will meet the new lucky comers"
 
"Why are you so excited?" Chansung asked while fixing the black necktie of his uniform suit
 
"Chansung.." Wooyoung rolled his eyes "We will have new entertainers" he smiled pleased
 
"What pranks are you planning again?" Jun K touched his forehead, as he feels a slight headache
 
"Pranks?" he smiled innocently "I'm not the kind of doing such things"
 
"By the way, where's Nickhun?" Jun K asked while looking around the room
 
"He probably went into the garden again, strolling around" Chansung replied with nonchalance and dedicated his attention to the book that he was reading.
 
 
*****
 
 
Nickhun lied on the green trimmed grass of the big garden of the school and stared at the wide blue sky. This is his favorite place since it has the power to calm his spirit and relax for a while. He closed his eyes as he tries to take a nap before the welcoming ceremony for the newcomers, the most annoying and useless tradition of the school.
Just when he was falling asleep, a voice re-echoed in the air, reaching his sensitive ears. He frowned, wondering who dares to come there and disturb him.
 
"Wooaa, is this really a school?" GuiGui said, amazed to see such a beautiful garden "I've never seen such a wonderful place" she ran towards the flowers
"Blue roses?" she paused "Wow!!"
 
Nickhun sat down and took a peek of the guy who was intently admiring the blue roses, his face was new to him, probably he is one of the newcomers.
 
"Where is the exit of this garden?" she asked while looking around her "They must put some directions so that people won't get lost" she mumbled by herself and complained about it, she startled when she heard someone's laughter
 
"Take that straight path and you'll be able to find the exit" Nickhun said, lying once again on the green grass
 
"T-Thanks" she replied and nervously walked away
 
 
*****
 
 
"You're back" Joon Ho said as soon as he spotted Nickhun walking towards them
 
"The ceremony for the newcomers will begin" Taecyeon stepped on the stage and grabbed the microphone, he looked at the students lined in front of him and then started talking.
 
"I want to congratulate those who passed the entrance exam, your efforts on entering this school will surely lead you to a prosperous life as you all know the facilities that this school gives to each scholar. Also for the new comers, I want to ask for your collaboration and good behaviour in order to maintain this school pure and unharmed" he paused "Now, I will call the names of the new students that passed through the hard exam" he started calling the name of the 5 lucky young students.
 
Wooyoung was in charge to give the uniform, Chansung for the guide book and Jun K for the assigned rooms.
 
"Wu Ying Jie"
 
"Yes" GuiGui stepped on the stage, she intently looked at Taecyeon's face, it was familiar to her but somehow she couldn't remember where or when he met him before
 
"Congratulations" Wooyoung smiled at her, but before handing her the uniform, he closely went near her face "You look so pretty that you could be mistaken for a girl" then he smiled once again "I'm just kidding, but I think we met each other before" he pouted his lips, trying to remember where he could have meet GuiGui "Oh! The cashier boy"
 
"Cashier boy?" she frowned when Wooyoung addressed him in that unique way
 
"How long will you plan on making me lift my arm just to hand you this guide book?"
 
GuiGui stepped aside and took the guide book that Chansung's handing to her and also grabbed the note with the key of her room from Jun K's hands.
 
Wooyoung's joke made her heart beats fast, fortunately he was just kidding and didn't notice at all that she is really a girl.
 
"Interesting" Nickhun smiled while looking at GuiGui, it seems that Daejeon's school will be not lifeless anymore.
 
 
Since it's her first day to the school, GuiGui has plenty of time to stroll around and visit the various faculties, but first she went to her room to change her clothes into the uniform. As soon as she opened the door, a nice and warming room welcomed her, there were two beds, a personal bathroom and all the facilities she needs to study. Luckily she will have the room all by herself because the students who passed the exam were just five and they have been already paired into two groups.
 
"Wow! This is amazing" she exclaimed while looking around her "Rich people are really awesome" she whispered while pouting her lips and stupidly nodded.
 
She took off her clothes and wore first the uniform's pants on then she took off her shirt and remained in a tank top. She was looking at the white band surrounding her chest, that hides the most visible feminine side of her from that all-boys school, when suddenly someone knocked on the door.
 
"Annyeong~" Wooyoung knocked once again "Can I come in?"
 
"Ah...eh..." she panicked and grabbed her clothes and ran towards the bathroom "W-Wait" with her heart beating fastly, she fastly wore the white sleeve and dark grey suit and walked out, opening the door where Wooyoung was waiting for her "Here I am" she said, while panting
 
"Oh, the uniform looks good on you" he smiled while looking at GuiGui from head to toe "Where's the necktie?" he asked, taking a step closer to her and touched the collar of her white sleeve
 
"I-I'll put it later" she took a step behind, to put some distance between them "What's sunbae's need to search for me?"
 
"I just wanted to be your guide" he sticked out his tongue and cutely winked at her "Since you are new here, you probably don't have friends"
 
"Ahh.." she turned her head a bit and closed the door behind her "So let's go" she cheerfully said and walked away from her room
 
As they walked the corridor of the dormitory, some students were intently staring at them and the others stepped aside while bowing a bit. GuiGui awkwardly watched the scene, she doesn't know why people are bowing to him as if they fear that friendly and cute guy.
 
"Where are we going?" she asked as they were heading to the back of the school, walking the long way which separates the dormitory from it.
 
"At the Kingdom room" he joked "To meet the others"
 
"Kingdom room?" she frowned while pronouncing those words
 
But before she can ask anything, he stopped in front of a big door and smiled at her, then he grabbed the handle to open it. A spacious elegant and sophisticated room appeared in front of her eyes, it was like one of those rooms which just came out from a magazine. The furnitures looked really expensive and the arrangement were also meticulously done. She lowered her eyes to look at the sparkling floor, it was even hard for her to step inside due to the cleanliness of it.
 
"I've bring someone with me" Wooyoung announced as he walked in, he took few steps and turned around to look at her "Come in, come in"
GuiGui followed him and silently closed the door behind her, then she slowly walked inside the room, admiring each centimeter of it, from the nature paintings on the walls to the antique flower vases.
 
"He's the cashier boy, one of the students who just enterred this school" he said, once he was in front of his friends "Jun K, he's the one from the convenience store, remember? When the three of us, with Taecyeon, went inside"
 
"Ohh yeah, the 1500 won boy" Jun K raised his eyes from his mobile phone and stared at her "What was the name on his tag...GuiGui, right?"
 
"Yes" she shyly answered, feeling intimidated by the sparkling aura that were surrounding each of the six guys.
 
"His name is Jun K, he is specialize in Oriental History" Wooyoung said "The one beside him is Chansung, his major is law, you'll probably always see him reading books
 
"Yo" Chansung lifted his chin and a second later lowered his gaze to continue reading the book that he was holding.
 
"That one who is staring at the cakes is Jun Ho, majored in Cultural and creative studies. The chocolate bar that I bought that time, it was for him"
 
"That chocolate was from your store?" Jun Ho raised his eyes and stared at her "It was a brand that I never tried before, next time bring some with you" he smiled at her, making her see his smiling eyes
 
"The one, right there, strumming his guitar is Nickhun"
 
Nickhun stared at her for a while, feeling uneasy by his unwavering gaze she bowed her head and saw him with a playful smile printed on the lips.
 
"And this is Taecyeon" he lastly said, pointing towards the guy who was busy looking a fashion magazine
 
"Hey Wooyoung, who told you to bring outsiders in our room?" Taecyeon asked with a cold voice
 
"What? He's not an outsider anymore, besides wouldn't it be good to have a new friend?" he looked at the other four "Right? Right?"
 
"The six of us is enough" his firm cold voice was able to freeze GuiGui, making her feel more uneasy
 
"But.." he paused for a while "Look at him, isn't he adorable?" he asked while putting his arms around GuiGui's shoulder
 
"Sunbae.." she tried to move away from him but Wooyoung just pulled himself closer to her
 
"Look at his face" he poked her face "Why does your skin feels so smooth?" he pinched her cheeks and pinched his own "Wooaa!! It's different from mine"
 
"Stop it Wooyoung" Nickhun stood up from his chair and walked towards them "I think that Taecyeon won't accept him until he won't pass his standards"
 
"Ahh right right" Jun K stood up too "It's not easy to please him"
 
"I'm not really interested in..." GuiGui tried to uselessly add herself into their conversation
 
"You should feel blessed since no one can get into this room so easily" Chansung said, abruptly cutting her off
 
"But.."
 
"Okay then" Wooyoung clapped his hands "How about a proof of your manliness?"
 
"Manli what?" she opened her eyes wide at that word
 
"Manliness" he repeated with a smile on his lips
 
"I told you I'm not really interested in..." she bit her lower lip, what kind of a mess did she just entered?
 
"How can he prove that?" Joon Ho added himself into the conversation
 
"Well, tonight there will be the "seek competition"" Wooyoung chuckled and evily smiled
 
"It's not a good idea" Jun K shaked his head
 
"Why not? We always did it with the past students too" he asked with a fake smile "Are you okay with it?" he asked, while looking at Taecyeon
 
"You should know already what answer I'll give you, since I'm always against to those kind of games" Taecyeon paused, closing the magazine that he's reading "But wouldn't it be interesting to watch?" he said, hinting a light smile, which softened for few seconds the muscles of his always so expressionless face
 
"Call! You will be on it too"
 
"What is this seek competition?" she asked, but as response Wooyoung just smiled evily at her.
 
 
Later at night, the students were gathered in the big gym waiting for the game to start. GuiGui was standing in the front line with the 4 new guys, wondering what kind of game they were talking about.
 
"As you all know, each students passed through this test" Jun K started, catching the attention of all "The game consist into finding the thing written into the note that we will give you, the winner will receive a special price"
 
"I wonder what price it will be this year" one of the students whispered to the others
 
"The prize will be announced once we'll have the winner" he smiled and took the five folded papers and gave it to 5 newcomers
 
GuiGui took the paper and read the content of it, she frowned as she re-reads the words "Yun Seo's undergarments?" when the other students heard her, a teasing whistle re-echoed in the big gym "What is this?"
 
"Nearby to our school there's an another school, the Meikai University an all-girls one" Chansung explained "You will need to take Yun Seo-ssi undergarments and bring it here" he added and sarcastically smiled
 
"Good luck GuiGui" Wooyoung cheered on her, but deep inside him he knows that GuiGui's note is the most difficult one to obtain.
 
"Okay then, in an hour you guys must be here" Jun K lastly said, inciting the 5 to start their seek competition.
 
GuiGui walked out of the gate of the school, following Chansung's indication to get into the other school "What the hell is this seek competition?" she shaked her head as she reads once again the paper "Undergarments? Tch! Group of erts"
 
On the other side Nickhun was smiling all the time, amused to have an entertaining night in their lifeless school.
 
"You guys should now that Yun Seo is really a difficult person, especially if the topic is "guys""  Chansung said while leaning his chin on the palm of his hand
 
"Let's see how far can he go" Wooyoung bit his lower lip, excited to know the result
 
GuiGui entered the gate of the Meikai University and headed towards the female dormitory of the school. She looked at the piece of paper that she's holding where there's also a small map designed on it.
 
"So Yun Seo-ssi room is here" she stopped in front of a door and took a deep breathe. After she knocked onto the door, a girl with blonde hair opened it
 
"Wooaa a guy!!" the girl screamed and tried to compose herself, opening wide the door letting her in "Come in" she said while chuckling
 
"I'm searching for Yun Seo-ssi" she said while looking around her, four girls were sitting on the bed wearing their pajamas on.
 
"Ahh Yun Seo unni?" the blonde girl clinged onto her arm, dragging her to sit on the bed "She's just in front of you"
 
"Hmm.." she looked at the four girls and then frowned, inclining her head to the left wondering who could be Yun Seo among the four girls
 
"He's so cute!" - a foreign girl suddenly shouted "Can I take him?"
 
"He's totally my type" another one with braided hair fixed her glasses while looking at her from head to toe
 
"Stop it, he's looking for me" a girl with brownish long wavy hair looked at her and then sweetly smiled "I'm Yun Seo"
 
"Ahh.." GuiGui bowed a little and then gave her the paper "It would be impolite for me to ask you something like this, I'm new to Daejeon University and today we're doing the seek competition"
 
"I know that already" she harshly replied, not accepting the paper that she's handing "You're here for my undergarments right?"
 
"Y-Yes" she replied shyly
 
"Unni doesn't give them to anyone" the blonde popped up into their conversation, YUn Seo looked at the four girls and asked to leave them alone for some time
 
"Sorry for asking you something like this" she bowed once again and stood up from the bed "I'll go now" she said, but then Yun Seo  grabbed the middle of her suit, silently stopping her
 
"Wait" she paused "Don't you remember me?"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"You saved me that time from those bunch of delinquent guys" she explained and sweetly smiled at her
 
"Ahh.. you were that girl"
 
"Usually I don't give to anyone who comes here my personal "things", but since it's you, I'm willing to make an exception but you know that doing this, people may think that..." she lowered her head and whispered to her ears "we did it, cause that's the purpose of taking what you're asking me.."
 
"What?!" she cough hardly "Don't worry, I'll explain them and tell the truth"
 
"Here" Yun Seo said handing to her the black undergarments
 
"Thank you so much"
 
"Come and find me again, Prince"
 
After receiving what she was asked to, she ran back to the school. She had only 15 minutes more left until the scheduled time. Fortunately she safetly arrived in time and was panting hardly once she was inside the gym.
 
"Ahh" she sighed for relief "I made it"
 
"Since the 5 newcomers are all here, let's take a look if they completed their mission" Jun K called one by one the students and asked for their things, at last he called for her "GuiGui-ssi"
 
She walked towards him and handed the undergarments
 
"What? Is this from Yun Seo-ssi?" he asked surprised
 
"You're lying" Chansung blinked his eyes, while Nickhun smiled pleased
 
"GuiGui you're sweating a lot" Wooyoung said with an evil smile on his lips "You probably had a very tiring hour to sweat this much"
 
"About that.."
 
"Congratulations!!!" the students shouted in unison not letting her finish what she was going to say
 
"The first price goes to GuiGui" Jun K announced "The price is.." he paused, Wooyoung smiled at him silently inciting him to say what the two of them planned "Three weeks on Taecyeon's room"
 
"WHAT?!?" the both of them asked simultaneously
 
"Since he won this game, you both should get along well together" Wooyoung said "So that you can finally accept him"
 
"But..." GuiGui bit her lower lip, that was not the prize that she was hoping for
 
"Ya! Wooyoung!" Taecyeon sharply glared at his friend
 
"Who are those against the price please raise your hand?" Wooyoung looked at the crowd of students, no one went against him "See? Everyone is okay with it" then he patted Taecyeon's arm "Starting from tonight, you'll share your room with GuiGui"
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
This chapter is pretty long but I hope you are enjoying reading it! Will work hard on the next chapter and also on Love Footprints! I have a lot of surprises on this new story >-<
Can't wait to post again and again and again and again (singing Again & Again by 2PM) LOL!