Truth/Lies

Cursed Meeting

All I did was just stares at his face. Disbelief that those words actually escape his ruby lips into my delicate ears. I wish I could tell myself that I misheard those words, but I know I can’t. Apart of me knew that this would happen and it’s happy that it came out as it has predicted. Another part of me was shattered by the knowledge of his love for her.

 

All I can do now is took a sip of my once cold beer as I try to compose and gather myself to form relevant sentences. But I couldn’t. I was too heart broken by this announcement. I couldn’t even say a word. Not a yes nor a no. All I can do is just stares at the badly done flooring as he patiently waits for my reply. Yes, another sip of beer will be great. I don’t do that well with alcohol and it’s just the exact substances I needed to escape this hell.

 

‘Look’, I said. ‘I’m sorry that I dated her cause I thought you guys were over. I had feelings for her for quite some time now, but you were a step ahead of me. Maybe a few step ahead of me, I would said. So when I realize you guys broke up, I just took the chance without thinking about it. I would retreat if you still have feelings for me. As a matter of fact, I will break our relationship up myself.’

 

It wasn’t easy mixing those lies with truth and had it announced to him. Of course, most of it is a lie so that the story would make more sense, but the last sentence is true. It doesn’t really matter right now if I am in a relationship with her or not, because I know he never ever will love me. His heart had and always will belong to her and I will never get it. All I can do is just sit on the sidewalk as I see the person I had fallen for so deeply be so happy in the arms of another woman. A woman who I force myself to love for him. A woman who I toyed around for him. A woman who I always knew to be a bridge for me to cross to heaven for him. A woman. Not a man. Not me.

 

‘I’m happy and glad that you would let her go for me. And yes, I do love her very much. I did break up with her, but she was the one that wanted it, not me. I wanted a short break from this relationship to find ourselves cause we’re so lost and confused with all this relationship things. I never wanted to break up with her. She is such a lovely woman that I couldn’t imagine living without her. It’s just that we need some time to find ourselves. So yes, I was rather piss off that she picked up a new boyfriend 2 days after our break up. Regardless, I am happy that you are willing to back out. Thank you. Here’s to your kindness and understanding.’

 

As our bottle touches, I told myself that I should indulge in this moment as this is the closest we can ever get. He clearly love her and there is no room for me. The only emotion he can ever feel for me is hatred. From beginning till the end, it was all hate. While all I give from the beginning till this end is love. But this love is starting to turn into disappoint, pain and regrets.

 

‘Here’s to you and her. I hope you guys can be together forever’