As Per Normal

Drabble- As Per Normal

 

Yunho clutched Jaejoong’s hands tightly in his. Whispering sweet talk into Jaejoong’s ears, his hot breath tickled Jaejoong’s ears as they both giggled, acting much like teens in love. Above them, snowflakes fell gently to the ground, covering it like a white blanket. Sounds of laughter rang in the air as children of all ages came out to play, tossing snowballs at one another and screaming at the top of their lungs.

 

The pair of lovers held onto each other tight, each hand wrapped around the other’s waist; neither wanting to let the other go. Together, they took a single step forward, making a single file of footprints as Jaejoong stepped on Yunho’s shoes, adamant on ensuring his branded shoes remain untainted from the snow. Resembling someone on crutches, the pair stumbled along as they struggled to reach the other end of the street, their goal set on the ramen restaurant situated directly opposite their location.

 

"Do you think we’ll ever get there at this rate?" Yunho laughed as he breathed heavily, his scarf starting to unwrap around his neck. With another huff of breath, he moved another step forward, bringing Jaejoong along with him.

 

"What are you talking about? We’ll definitely get there!" Jaejoong panted, his face turning red from the sheer effort of keeping balance whilst he was standing on Yunho, "The goal is already in sight."

 

"All sail ahead~" he continued as he pointed his finger forward, commanding Yunho as though he was the captain and Yunho was his ship. Grunting, Yunho tossed Jaejoong over his back with a single heave and began walking to their destination, ignoring the moans and protests from the person on his back.

 

"There," Yunho said as he let Jaejoong down from his back when they reached the entrance of the restaurant, "Now we’ve reached our designated island. Did the journey fit into your liking dear Captain? Or was it too taxing for your poor fragile soul?"

 

"Shut up!" Jaejoong scolded, smacking Yunho on the head, "I’m the Captain and captains are strong. Of course the journey was acceptable at most, though I rather we walk here with me standing on top of your shoes."

 

"Huh?", Yunho frowned, sensing a pout from Jaejoong coming, "Why? It’s so slow that way."

 

However, Jaejoong refused to comment further; only answering Yunho’s question with a slight blush. Puzzled, Yunho stared at his partner in confusion as Jaejoong ordered their ramen, his eyes never leaving the menu before him.

 

Finally after an hour, Yunho surrendered.

 

"You know," he commented the moment Jaejoong started to smile at his victory, "sometimes I really wonder how did I fall in love with someone this weird." 

 

Jaejoong stuck his tongue out.

 

"Cause you’re weird yourself." he remarked, causing Yunho to laugh out loud as he clapped along with his hands; his amusement too great to be contained.

 

"Jae," he huffed with laughter, his hands still clapping to an invisible rhythm, "You do know you’re a pot calling the kettle black right?"

 

Jaejoong smiled, “Doesn’t matter if I’m a pot or if you’re a kettle as long as we’re together.”

 

Yunho laughed, “Together as kitchen appliances?”

 

"Well," Jaejoong smirked, "We do seem to enjoy "cooking" things a lot at night after all. It’s hardly surprising that we refer to ourselves as such."

 

That stumped Yunho and kept him quiet for the rest of the meal as he deliberately avoided any provocative or seductive glances Jaejoong was sending at him.

 

Once again, Jaejoong had won the battle against Yunho.

 

As per normal.

 

The End.