This Is Not A Ghost Story

This Is Not A Ghost Story
All my life people have been telling me stories about ghosts.
It was like I had a sign on my head saying "Hi. I'm Kim Jong In. You have any ghost stories? Feel free to share it with me"
At first it was really weird, I mean, it would never be a good feeling to hear about stories of people you don't know, especially when they're dead.
But if that's your thing, then I won't judge you.
 
Another weird thing about this, is that people who tell me stories are random people.
Like my classmates and teachers when I was still studying, the lady at the market, the delivery man and etc. It was like I was a ghost story magnet. 
You see, I don't really have friends. I prefer to be left alone.
When all you hear about are stuff about unearthly beings you become paranoid at some point, but for me I just shrugged it off.
It became a normal occurence that now when people share their not so pleasant experience, I don't even get bothered anymore.
It was as if they're telling me stories about their cats. You get interested at first but as the story goes on, you end up getting bored.
Why can't people just tell me stories about cats? That would be much better. 
 
Oh well. Maybe I wasn't born for the boring stuff. I was destined for something more interesting. Now moving on. . 
 
 
 
Another odd thing was, everybody around me seemed to have encountered the paranormal. But to me, it has never happened.
Never in my life have I ever seen a ghost or anything of the sort. It made me feel kinda out of place. I wasn't getting any action in my life. 
 
Like literally.
I'm just a regular guy, with a regular job, and enjoys regular hobbies. Everything in my life is. . . . regular. 
 
 
 
Now let me tell you something about my life.
I have just graduated from highschool and now I'm taking time off from studying.
Because right now, I don't even know what I want. My parents don't bother with me because it will just end up to a heated argument.
My family doesn't want drama. So they just let me do anything. 
 
As of now, I'm working as a night watchman for this highschool.
The school is not that big and I take my job very seriously. 
 
My job is to check every nook and cranny of the school.
When everyone has left and all the lights are out. I have a list with all the places I need to check and cross it out when I'm finished scanning it.
Classrooms, check. Library, check. Music room, check. Gym, check. Basketball court, check. And the list goes on. The school has a swimming
pool too. 
 
I can always not go through all the trouble of checking each room. And just cross out everything off of my list.
But like I told you, I take my job very seriously. Also my mom once told me, that if you skip something on your daily routine, you will skip it
the next day, and the next, until you forget about it and don't do it at all. I refuse to be a lazy . My job can be a great exercise.
Plus I can always do something while I'm making my rounds. Like reading books at the library. Play basketball by myself at the court.
I even do skinny dipping at the pool when I feel like it.
But the thing I like the most is dance my heart out at the gym. I'm not bragging but I can dance pretty well. I bet I can win if I join a dance
contest or something. Maybe I should audition. Or not. . because I'm freakingly shy.
Okay now where were we. . 
 
I told you I haven't had any paranormal experience, right?
As you read along you will know that this has got nothing to do with that. Ha ha.
I got you didn't I? Sorry. well. .Not sorry.
Now back to my story. . . . .
 
Wow. Okay. That rhymed. 
 
***
 
It was Friday night and I was just beginning my rounds.
I usually start from room to room and check the swimming pool last.
It was chilly tonight and the moon was nowhere in sight. The wind was blowing harshly too.
Sign of rain was visible on the sky. 
 
I shivered and pulled my jacket close to my chest as I was walking through the school grounds, flashlight and list in hand.
After finishing up all the rooms and I was hopping down the stairs, I heard a screeching sound.
I halted. My heart jumped. And I felt all the hair on my body rise up.
I looked around and the noise seemed like it was coming from the pool. I was feeling fidgety and my hands were shaking as I was
pointing the flashlight in front of me. I thought to myself that maybe this will be the night that I'll finally have my own out of this world experience.
 
 
But I was wrong.
The noise was just the gate of the swimming pool. It was busted. It wasn't strong enough for the awful wind. It was after all, very old looking.
I was not in the mood to fix it, so I just let it be. The screeching sound audible throughout the whole school. 
 
I gazed at the sky. Thunder was now present.
This is going to be a long lonely night. I heaved a deep sigh.
Maybe I should order something to eat. Chinese food would be great at this moment. I grinned with excitement.
Food has always made me feel better. 
 
As I was walking back, I noticed that the light from the music room was on. I furrowed my eyebrows. But I checked that already. My list told me so.
Then I suddenly heard piano being played. I gaped. Who in the world would be in there at this hour. All classes end at 6 pm.
Maybe somebody sneaked in. I was just preoccupied to notice. 
 
I headed to the music room.
When I got near, I can hear someone singing. It was beautiful to my ears.
I opened the door very quietly. And I saw a boy sitting by the piano, I can only see his back.
I don't know why but I just stood there by the door listening to him and waited for him to finish.
His voice was so smooth and soothing. I got goosebumps. A smile formed on my face.
But it deformed just as fast.
What am I doing?! I should give the boy a lecture because he snucked in. And I'm standing here like a little girl entranced.
Get a grip Kim Jong In!
 
Then the boy started coughing. He coughed some more. And more.
Oh god why isn't he stopping! What's happening to him? 
Panic struck me when I saw the boy fall out of his seat and he was coughing so hard on the floor, gasping for air.
Without second thought, I dashed toward him. 
 
"Hey! Are you okay?!
Of course he isn't you dummy! His coughing all over the floor for pete's sake!
I dropped all the stuff I'm holding, took off my jacket and folded it like a pillow. I laid his head gently on it. 
 
"Stay here! I'm gonna get you some water."
And I quickly ran toward the water fountain. My hands were trembling as I'm waiting for the water to fill the cup.
The boy was still coughing nonstop. 
 
"Here! Drink this."
I helped him sit up and steady him so he can drink.
 
The boy pointed at his bag, it was beside the piano.
"M-- medicine. . . Bag. I n-- need. ." he said between heavy breaths. 
 
I snatched his bag and rummaged through it until I saw the medicine bottle.
I opened it for him and he took a pill. He put it in his mouth and gulped it down with water.
The boy closed his eyes and a few minutes later, his breathing turned back to normal. 
 
That's when our eyes met.
Those eyes. His beautiful wide eyes was piercing through me.
And suddenly the light went out.
Everything was black. I searched for my flashlight.
Then I heard a door being shut. When I finally got hold of my flashlight, I scanned the room but the boy already left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I lay in bed that night, I can't stop thinking about the boy.
I forgot about my hunger and I did not get any sleep. 
 
 
***
 
On Saturday there were no classes, so all I did was stay in my room. 
 
 
I still can't forget about the boy and his wide orbs.
I need to know who he was.
I'm feeling silly because I've never been interested to a person like this.
That's why until now I'm still loveless. Maybe I'll end up being forever alone.
Which is not a bad thing. I like being alone.
But you know, it's nice to have someone care for you and you can make out and do. . stuff.
Okay. Enough being sentimental. . 
 
Sunday came and my day did not improved.
I did nothing but watch sappy dramas on tv. 
 
 
I cannot wait for Monday. 
 
 
 
***
 
Finally. . it's Monday.
I got up early and prepared myself. After I ate breakfast, I was off to the school.
My mom gave me an odd look when I was walking out. I am not a morning person.
That's why I chose a night job in the first place.
But today I have a mission. I need to find the boy. 
 
The teachers didn't mind me walking around the school.
I just bowed my head to them respectively. And we go our own way.
I checked every room and scanned every face. Hoping to see the boy with the beautiful wide eyes. But he was nowhere in sight. 
 
Well. That was odd. I'm pretty sure he was a student here.
He was wearing the uniform.
Or did he? Ugh. I can't really remember! 
 
 
I went back home defeated. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My mom saw  me slumped on the couch.
 
"Why the long face dear?" She asked worriedly.
 
"Nothing mom. I'm just--- I'm okay. Don't worry." I flashed her the fakest smile.
 
"Okay. Whatever you say Jong In-ah. . I'm going out. Do you want me to buy you something?"
 
"No mom. I'm fine."
Then she left. 
 
 
 
I opened the tv and switched channels but there was nothing that caught my attention.
I turned it off and I played a game on my phone instead.
 
I was about to beat my highscore on Windrunner, when our doorbell rang.
My character fell off a cliff.
I hissed. Damn. .I was so close.
The doorbell rang again. The person on the other side ringing it constantly.
 
Who is this pestering me? Can't you wait!
I got up lazily and press on our intercom.
 
 
There was nobody there.
I opened the door and my gaze shifted from left to right. The hallway was deserted.
Really weird. And creepy. 
 
 
I closed the door quickly. Then I opened the tv again. Turning the volume to maximum.
I don't care if the neighbors complain. They were not the one who was scared out of their wits. 
 
 
 
 
Thirty minutes later my mom came back and she was shouting by the door.
 
"Kim Jong In, you little brat! Turn down the tv. We have neighbors you know!"
 
I turned it off. And that was my cue to run up to my room. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6 pm and I was on my way to the school.
I did not eat at home, so I passed by the grocery store to grab some food.
A boxed lasagna and two pieces of garlic bread. And an iced mocha.
My cheap and yummy dinner. I also bought some snack to eat later. 
 
It was humid that night. The moon was staring down at me.
As usual, I did my first rounds. Nothing was out of the ordinary.
One more thing that I liked about this job, they gave me a small room.
I do my rounds three times that's why I need a place to rest.
 
You heard. . .no, you read that right.
I do my rounds three times. It's my duty to make sure everything was normal until I go home.
7pm, 9pm and 11pm. That was my scheduled time. I go home by 12.
The school was just a few blocks from my house so it wasn't a hassle. 
 
 
I was lying down on my small bed about to doze off, when I heard music playing.
At first I thought it was only my ringtone. But nobody calls me. I don't have any friends. 
 
I got up from the bed.
The piano playing was ringing through my ears. It was coming from the music room. 
 
 
The boy is here! OMG!
What the hell Kim Jong In! Did you just say omg?
Yuck. 
 
A ran toward the music room. The boy was singing again. His lovely voice filling the room.
I was glued to the door.
All of a sudden the boy got up. I was startled and my stubborn flashlight decided to move on its on and land on the floor.
The batteries flew out. My poor old flashlight. . Don't die on me. .
 
The other male jumped. His face was incredibly pale. 
 
 
"H- hey. . h- hi." I stuttered.
Damn. I'm stuttering. What is wrong with me. . .
 
He just continued to stare at me with those wide eyes of his.
Please stop. . I don't like being stared at. .
I suddenly felt self-conscious. Those eyes are making me feel all kinds of emotions I didn't know I had. . 
 
 
"I-- I'm sorry." The boy finally talked. 
 
 
"It's-- it's okay. I won't tell anyone. No harm done. Don't worry."
I smiled sheepishly. 
 
And then he smiled at me. The sweetest smile I have ever seen.
I felt my cheeks burning.
Damn. Why am I blushing. . I'm acting like a little girl again. Geez. 
 
 
The boy was fixing his things, about to leave. I didn't want him to leave yet. 
 
"Hey. Do you want some snack?" I asked him. Hoping against hope he would say yes.
 
He frozed. And I was ready to be rejected.
But then,
 
 
" Uhm. . . Sure." he said. Showing me that precious smile again. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And now we're here seated in my little room.
I handed him the snack I bought earlier. A potato chip.
I hope he likes potatoes. .
 
He stared at it for a moment, then he reached out and accepted it.
"Thanks. I love anything potato."
 
 
 
I beamed at him. He blushed.
I pretended I didn't noticed. I made myself busy fixing my damn flashlight.
Thank heavens it still . Good to have you back, my dear flashlight.
 
 
"By the way," I decided to break the silence. "Why do you sneak in here at night?"
 
He didn't answer. 
 
 
"I mean. If it were other people they might have told on you. You have to thank me because. . . .I'm nice." 
 
The boy chuckled. 
Oh god, he has the cutest laugh.
I want to keep him! Ahh. .
Stop it Kim Jong In. Stop. 
 
 
"Thanks. But I think I should go. It's getting late."
 
I glanced at my watch. 11pm. Wow. Time sure flew so fast.
He was by the door ready to leave. And I suddenly remembered that I didn't asked for his name. 
 
"Wait! What's your name? I'm Jong In, by the way. Kim Jong In."
 
The short boy looked back at me. And said in a soft voice,
"My name is Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo." Then he left.
 
 
 
"Kyungsoo. ." I uttered out loud without realizing. 
 
 
 
 
Do Kyungsoo.
It was all I can think about that night. When I got home, I laid in bed but I could not sleep.
Kyungsoo's smile was lingering through my mind.
 
 
Damn. I'm like a little girl with a crush. So cheesy.
I slapped myself, lightly.
 
 
 
As my eyes felt heavy, there was a smile visible on my face as I fell asleep. 
 
***
 
The next night I waited for Kyungsoo to come.
I even prepared snacks for him.
 
. I really am a little girl inlove. 
 
But then it was getting late and it seemed like he wasn't coming anytime soon.
It was the first time in my life that I felt disappointed. It was not a nice feeling. . 
 
I moved on. I have a job to do.
I was going down the stairs and when I turned to the left, I almost pissed my pants.
Somebody was staring straight at me. . 
 
 
 
 
And that somebody was. .  . .me.
I thought there was something wrong with my brain. But then I realized that it was only a mirror.
 
 
! When did they put up a mirror in here?! I almost got a heart attack! 
 
 
It was a full length mirror. I checked myself out on it.
My face was still. . . .my face. Nothing has changed.
I was closely examining my nose on the mirror, when I suddenly felt someone walk past me. 
My eyes widened. I gasped for air. I placed a hand on my chest. 
 
When I turned around,
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh my ing god Kyungsoo! Don't do that! Ever! You scared the out of me!"
 
 
Kyungsoo looked at me like he was about to cry. 
"I-- I'm sorry. . I didn't mean to shout. Sorry Kyungsoo. Please, don't cry."
 
But then he started sobbing so hard.
 
"Damn. Now I made you cry. I am a bad person. Sorry Kyungsoo. . Please. Please stop crying." I pleaded. 
 
Kyungsoo fell down on his knees. Still crying.
 
Great job Kim Jong In! ing great. You are a wretched person! You don't deserve to live.
 
 
I got down on my knees too.
"Kyungsoo. . I really am sorry. It was rude of me to shout. I didn't mean to. I was just startled. Don't cry."
 
He didn't stop. And then he was having difficulty breathing. I remembered what happened to him the other night.
Oh god. It's happening again!
 
I was panicking. I didn't know what to do.
Damn it Jong In! Think of something! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I kissed him.
 
 
 
 
I don't know what got into me. But the deed was already done.
Kyungsoo's eyes increased in size when he realized what I just did.
I broke it off. I didn't know what to do next, so I just stared at the ground.
Kyungsoo finally stopped crying. 
 
 
 
"I-- Sorry Kyungsoo. I didn't mean to----- I'm an awful person. God.
You should just beat the hell out of me." I buried my face with both hands. Hiding my embarrassment. 
 
 
I was so ready for him to beat me up, when the unthinkable happened.
Kyungsoo was hugging me. Like really hugging me. Both arms wrapped around me. . .
I was paralyzed.
 
 
"It's okay Jong In-ah. . Thanks for making me feel better. And I'm sorry I frightened you."
He whispered through my ear. I wanted to melt right there. 
 
 
Finally he let go of me. We both stared at each other for a while. Then we laughed.
I did not understand why Kyungsoo said that I made him feel better.
I forgot to ask why because I was so caught up with the moment.
I felt something that I can't describe. And it felt damn good. . 
 
 
***
 
Every night I started to wait for Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
But something was definitely odd.
I never see Kyungsoo during the day.
One time, I tried waiting for him outside of school. He didn't come by the front gate.
 
That night I tried to ask him why. We where sitting on the floor of the music room. Eating snacks that Kyungsoo bought. 
 
 
"Kyungsoo. ." I mumbled. "Why don't I see you in the morning? You do study here, don't you?"
 
He frowned and just looked down on the ground. We were silent for a while.
 
"You don't have to answer. Sorry. It was none of my business."
I retorted. Guilt building inside me.
 
 
Kyungsoo looked up at me and smiled affectionately.
 
 
I forgot about all the things around me that night. All I can think of was. . .Kyungsoo. 
 
 
***
 
 
It was a Saturday. Meaning no school. No work for me. No Kyungsoo.
I was saddened by this fact. Then a thought suddenly popped into my head.
 
 
 
I only see Kyungsoo at night. Whenever I search for him at school he was nowhere to be found.
Everytime I ask why he avoids it. It was getting suspicious. 
 
 
 
 
OMFG! What if Kyungsoo is a ghost?! And I'm the only one who can see him?!
The thought send shivers down my spine. I shook my head violently. No. Kyungsoo cannot be a ghost.
But. .maybe there are ghost that are as adorable as him?
 
 
I should ask Kyungsoo.
Wait! Kim Jong In why would you ask a ghost if he was a ghost?! 
That would be. . . .creepy. Ugh! You are so stupid!
 
 
 
I covered my face with my pillow. Drowning out my stupidity. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I heard our doorbell buzzing.
A moment later, our front door opened and then closed. Muffled voices was audible downstairs.
 
 
 
Then my mom was shouting, 
"Jong In-ah! Are you awake? You have a visitor. Get down here."
 
 
Visitor?! I got up from my bed as fast as lightning.
Well, not really. As fast as my legs and feet allowed me to.
 
 
I have a visitor? Nobody visits me. As I always say, I don't have any friends.
 
 
 
When I got down, I was so shocked. I almost screamed.
But I restrained myself, because I'm a man. And not in front of my mom. 
 
Especially now that Kyungsoo was beside her. Kyungsoo. . .
The beautiful Kyungsoo. With his perfectly cut hair. Beautiful wide eyes. Cute nose. Luscious lips. .
 
Jong In! Get back to reality dimwit!
 
 
 
"Kyungsoo! What are you doing here?"
 
"Obviously, he's visiting you Jong In-ah." My mom interrupted.
"Take Kyungsoo to your room. As you can see, I'm cleaning here."
 
"Oh right! Come Kyungsoo. This way. ." I lead him.
Kyungsoo bowed to my mother before following me. 
 
 
--
 
Kyungsoo is on my room. Kyungsooooo. . . .I screamed internally.
man. I'm flailing like a little girl again. Need. To. Stop.
 
 
 
Then it suddenly hit me.
I glanced at my window. The sun was shining brightly. And Kyungsoo was sitting on the edge of my bed.
That means. . .
 
 
 
"You are not a ghost." I blurted out loud.
Great. Stupid Jong In strikes again. 
 
 
Kyungsoo stared at me like I'm some kind of lunatic. 
Maybe I am? Who knows. . . Only I know.
And I know that I'm not a lunatic. So I should stop this thought right now. 
 
Then Kyungsoo cackled.
He was literally rolling on the floor. Wait no. Rolling on my bed, that is.
And I laughed with him. We both fell down on my bed. Both cracking up hysterically.
When our breaths became steady. We just laid there, not talking. The room was silent.
 
 
"Of course, I'm not a ghost, Jong In." Kyungsoo finally spoke.
"We hugged remember? And we--------"
 
 
 
" Kissed?" I finished the sentence for him. 
 
Kyungsoo's face turned into a tomato. A very cute tomato.
He gazed straight into my eyes. And he smiled genuinely.
 
 
It was me who turned into a tomato this time. But not very cute. 
 
 
We both stared at each other. Slowly. . our lips was getting closer. .
And then. .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Jong In! Kyungsoo! It's time to eat. Come down here you two!"
 
 
My mom just had to ruin the moment. 
 
***
 
That day turned better than I expected.
My mom and dad was very delighted with Kyungsoo.
Dad said that he was ''a well mannered boy'' and my mom added that he was ''pretty cute''. 
 
 
When we got back into my room.
Kyungsoo suddenly opened up to me.
That's when everything made sense.
 
 
 
Kyungsoo shared with me, his story. 
 
-
 
 
Kyungsoo was from a well off family. He's an only child.
But Kyungsoo has a heart problem. His parents got worried that going to school everyday would just tire him out and they don't
want Kyungsoo's mind to be polluted by other people. So he was home schooled.
Kyungsoo hated it. He loathed being shut down at home. He was very lonely. 
 
Then one day, he snucked out of their house. He walked around the neighborhood and that's when he found the school.
He got really curious what it was like inside. Kyungsoo discovered a way to get in. He was so overwhelmed by what he saw.
He particularly loved the music room. And that's when the sneaking out started. He didn't know there was a thing called night watchman.
So he got really scared when he saw me the first time we met. That's why he ran away when the lights went out.  
 
As Kyungsoo was telling me his story, I was admiring his face.
His face is very expressive. Especially his eyes. You can easily tell what he's feeling. .
 
 
"Now you don't have to sneak in. . ." I said to him when he was done talking.
"You can just call me because we're--" Hesitation got into me. "We're friends now. Right?"
 
 
"Yes. We are friends." He beamed at me.
 
"You're lucky 'cause I'm your friend."
 
Kyungsoo shrugged. "Hmm. I guess so. . ." 
 
 
 
 
"Wait a minute! If you're not allowed to go out then why are you here? And how did you know where my house is?"
It suddenly dawned on me.
"Are you a stalker?!"
 
 
 
"No! I'm not!" He retorted. He was blushing again. .
Aigoo. . . So cute! I want to pinch his cheeks and kiss it. And. .
Jong In! Stop. 
 
 
"Well. You know that time when you saved my life?" Kyungsoo said, getting me away from my stupid thoughts.
"I waited for you outside. And followed you home. . I wasn't stalking! I was just . . .curious." 
He bowed down his head. I can feel his face flushed.
 
"You are so cute when you're blushing." I .
 
"Ya! Stop it." He hit my shoulder lightly. "I'm already embarrassed. Don't push it." He was smiling when he said it though.
 
Then I remembered that time when our doorbell rang but there was no one at the door. I have a really good idea who it was. .
"So why are you here then?" 
 
"Uhm. I kinda told my mother about you. . And she-- she wants to meet you."
 
"She wants to. .what?" I squeaked.
. I'm squeaking. Sooo not manly Jong In! 
 
"She wants to meet you. But you really don't have to Jong In-ah. . There's really no point. And besides--------"
 
"I'll go." I said in my most manly voice.
 
"Y- you will?" Kyungsoo's eyes were twinkling. It was so bright. I had to rub my eyes and shake my head.
"You won't? Oh. .okay."
 
"No! Wait! I will go. I will go with you." I uttered quickly.
Damn. Why did his eyes have to twinkle like that. . .
 
"Are you sure? I don't want to force you. . ."
 
"A hundred percent sure." 
 
 
***
 
Kyungsoo was fidgeting around the car. He can't stay still. And he kept twiddling with his fingers.
I held his hand. And he relaxed.
 
"Don't worry too much. Everything will be fine." I assured him. 
 
 
. I feel like I'm meeting the parents of my future bride to be. Wait, no. .
His a groom too. Oh well. . . You get my point.
Stop it Jong In. You're a whacko. He's not even your boyfriend. . . . . . . .yet. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When we got to their house I couldn't stop my mouth from gaping. It was the biggest house I have ever seen.
Kyungsoo's mom was waiting for us by the door. I greeted her and bowed respectfully.
We ate lunch. And his mom kept looking at me. But not in a bad way. It was like she was glad I was there for Kyungsoo. 
 
 
"So, Jong In, Kyungsoo told me that you once saved his life?" Kyungsoo's mom asked and she looked at me and then at Kyungsoo.
 
I hesitated to answer. I did not want Kyungsoo to get scold at because he has been sneaking out.
I glanced at Kyungsoo. He was playing with the food on his plate.
 
"Don't worry. Kyungsoo has told me everything. Even the part, where he sneaks out." It was as if his mom read my mind. 
 
"Uhm. . Well, yes Mrs. Do. I did do that." I answered, while rubbing the back of my neck.
 
"Our little Kyungsoo wanted an adventure. It's a good thing that you were there. You're his knight in shining armor."
 
 
Kyungsoo flushed at this statement.
 
 
 
-
 
Kyungsoo took me to his room when we were done eating.
His room was twice bigger than mine.
 
"You look flustered." Kyungsoo said. He was searching for something on his drawer. 
 
"I'm just--- overwhelmed." I stared at my feet. My shoes look out of place from the elegant carpet on the floor.
 
"Sorry about my mother. She always says what she wants."
 
"No. It's okay. My mom's like that too."
 
Kyungsoo found what he was searching for. He beamed with delight. 
 
 
 
"Here."
He handed me small box. A red box. Like what you see in the movies, when the guy is about to----
 
 
 
My chest tightened.
Why is he giving me this? Is he proposing?! Wait! No. I'm not ready yet. I have not enjoyed my single life.
Not now! . . . . I wailed inside.
 
 
Kyungsoo eyed me suspiciously. "Don't just stare at it. You're suppose to open it you know."
 
 
 
So I did. And I was relieved.
It was only a bracelet. A silver bracelet. With a single star charm dangling. .
 
"That's a friendship bracelet. I have one too"
Kyungsoo showed me his wrist. He had the same one.
 
 
 
I felt something on my stomach. Butterflies, maybe? No. More like spiders.
But cute tiny spiders. .
 
 
"Wow. Thank you Kyungsoo. This is so. . . .nice." I took the bracelet out of the box. But Kyungsoo snatched it.
 
 
"Let me put it on for you." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I got home that day, the smile on my face was like permanent ink.
It was. . . .permanent.
 
 
"Ohh. . Your home." My mom popped out of nowhere. Not really. She popped out of the kitchen.
"Yaaaaaaa. . . . What are you so happy about? What did you do?" 
 
 
"Nothing mother."
 
"Aigoo. . My baby. . ." She ruffled my hair.
 
"Don't mom! Stop!" I ran away from her.
 
"You know what honey, you and Kyungsoo would make a great couple. I cannot wait to have grandkids."
 
 
 
I groaned.
My mother totally ships me with Kyungsoo. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo is really making me feel all kinds of emotions.
Do I like him? Yes. But I will never confess to him because. . .I'm a coward like that.
 
 
I gazed at the bracelet he gave me. That night I slept with my right hand (where the bracelet was) resting on my chest. 
 
***
 
I was on cloud nine all week.
Kyungsoo didn't have to sneak out anymore. I can visit their house whenever I want to see him.
 
Oh, and I have met his father. I don't know if he likes me though. Until now he has never talked to me.
He just gave me a faint smile when I greeted him.
Kyungsoo's father rarely comes home. He was always away on a business trip. His mother on the other hand, was always busy meeting up with
her equally rich friends. I can see why Kyungsoo was very lonely.
 
 
But I want to change that. I want Kyungsoo to be happy. It pains me to see him get hurt. I want to be there for him whenever he's in need. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were on his room that day. Squatted on the floor, solving a gigantic puzzle. Yeah. . Kyungsoo loves puzzles.
His room was decorated with all the puzzles he had finished.
 
I was reaching for a puzzle piece and Kyungsoo did the same.
Our hands touched. Sparks flew all over my body.
 
 
Great. Now I'm becoming a human firework. Somebody blow me up.
Okaaaay. That didn't sound right. I'll stop now.
 
 
 
 
Then when we were done eating our snack, we both headed for the sink to set down our plates.
As I turned, I didn't noticed Kyungsoo was so close right behind me. We collided and I almost knocked him over.
But I have a fast reflex, so I caught his arms. We frozed and stared at each other. Some kind of tension building up between us.
Kyungsoo broke away first. I excused myself and said to him that I needed to go to the restroom.
 
 
I stayed there for quite some time and glared at myself on the mirror.
Damn. Jong In. What's happening to you? You're all over the place.
You're all over. . .Kyungsoo.
 
I shut my eyes. Kyungsoo's face flashed before me.
His beautiful wide eyes. His plump lips. .Oh god I want to kiss it again. .
His flawless neck. .I want to kiss it to and play with it with my tongue. . 
 
 
I shook my head.
No. .I should avoid these thoughts. Kyungsoo's my friend. And that's all there is to it.
 
 
There was a knock on the door. I jumped.
"Jong In-ah. . Are you okay in there?!" Kyungsoo shouted, terror on his voice.
 
I fixed myself and opened the door.
 
 
"Never been better." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I lied.
I wasn't feeling any better.
I'm feeling. . .Damn it. I don't even know what I'm feeling.
I just want. . . Kyungsoo.
I want him next to me. I want his arms wrapped around me. I want his lips in mine. And do things with him. .that's not appropriate for kids.
. What do I do. I'm miserable.
 
 
 
Just make a move already !
My self was shouting at me.
 
Well self. . If you weren't such a little sissy. Then I might have done something. Now shut up!
 
Oh god. I'm even arguing with myself. I really am a lunatic.
 
 
 
"Jong In. . Are you really sure you're alright?" 
Kyungsoo said when he noticed that I was lost in thought.
 
We were on his room again.
I snapped back to reality.
 
"I am. Why wouldn't I be?"
 
"You look like you've got something on your mind. What is it?"
 
Someone. And it's you. . I want you Kyungsoo. .
 
"Nothing. I'm just a bit tired. I didn't get much sleep last night."
Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. He was not satisfied with my answer.
 
 
"Oh come on. . What's bothering you?. . . Really?"
 
"Nothing. . .Really." I slumped on his bed.
"Kyungsoo. .can I take a nap here? I just want to rest my eyes."
And my mind. .from always thinking of you. .
 
"Oh. Sure. Okay. Go ahead." he answered. Kyungsoo looked down at the ground, as always.
 
 
 
Why does he always look down at the ground? What's interesting about the floor?
I'm here. . He should look at me. . I am way better than the floor. . Or maybe not. . Whatever.
 
 
 
Then I dozed off.
 
 
-
 
 
When I opened my eyes I felt heavy. I could not move.
And then I noticed someone's arm was around me.
It was Kyungsoo's. I was dumbfounded.
He was sleeping next to me.
 
 
Wait. Kyungsoo? Sleeping next to me? Oh. My. ing. Damn. It.
 
 
I felt like I was going to burst.
Kyungsoo was lying on his stomach. One arm rested around my chest.
His face was turned the other way.
 
 
I did not move an inch because I know he'd wake up when I do. I didn't want him to. Not just yet. .
His warmth feels so good. . I closed my eyes and smelled his hair.
It was as sweet as honey.
Kyungsoo stirred.
 
 
Oh no. . Don't wake up yet. . Nooo. .
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo didn't. He just scooted a bit. And now his face was visible. 
He's like an angel asleep. His mouth was slightly parted. His every breath directed at my neck.
All the hair on my body made a standing ovation.
It was like he was sending shock waves through my skin.
 
 
I moved down a bit so that our faces was paralleled.
My eyes examined his face. I halted at his lips. .his pink plump lips. .
I was leaning closer to him. . And more closer. . And then. .
 
 
 
 
"Jong In! You're awake."
 
I groaned inside.
When I opened my eyes Kyungsoo was giving me a blank look.
Kyungsoo bolted upright when he saw what position we were in.
 
"Sorry. I didn't realized that I've fallen asleep too. I was-----"
 
"You don't have to explain, Kyungsoo."
 
Kyungsoo was getting up from the bed.
I can't help myself anymore. It's now or never.
I grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer.
 
Then I kissed him.
He was quite taken aback for a moment.
I was horrified that he will get mad and slap me.
But then he eased up. And Kyungsoo kissed me back.
Next thing I know we were on each other's mouth like crazy.
With tongue's clashing, Kyungsoo moaned softly.
My body felt like it was going to break down any minute.
 
When we can't breathe no more, we parted.
I rubbed Kyungsoo's cheek gently.
 
 
"I like you, Kyungsoo."
 
 
"I-- I like you too Jong In-ah."
 
 
We just stayed in bed that day.
Arms wrapped around each other.
Giving chaste kisses every now and then.
I have never felt happier.
 
 
I know I prefer to be alone and all.
But I can definitely get used to this.
I want to be alone, together with Kyungsoo.