Advice

Kris's Relationship Advice

 

 

Amber Pov

 

Finally I have a free night in the middle of our crazy promotions. Normally I would just spend the night with Soojung, but we have been distant from each other lately. I really don’t think I did anything, but that is normally the case. She can be really jealous about who I spend my time with. I have told her time and again that I am just being friendly, and I that she always comes first, but it is in her nature to be that way. So while I come up with a plan to get back in her good graces, I am just going to have a drama free night, and hang out with my Exo boys. It has been a while since I’ve been to their dorm to hang out. There is never a quiet moment over there. It is a fun atmosphere, and I get along with them all. Kris has particularly become one of my good friends, because we can talk in english, and he gives me the best advice. 

 

“Guys open up, it’s me!” I shout as I bang on their door. On the third knock D.O. opens the door.

“Amber wassup,” he says to me in a heavy accent while pulling me in for a hug. 

“Not much man, it is good to see you guys outside of our performances.”

 

As I walk down the hallway, I see about eight of the boys crowed around the tv playing xbox, and shouting. Then I see Kris leaning against the door to his room.

 

“Am, you’re here.”

“Yeah, I had a free night and wanted to come over and hang with you guys.”

“Great, do you wanna play?” he asked pointing to the tv.

“Sure, but first do you think we could talk?”

“Yeah come in my room, it will be a lot quieter.”

 

I followed him into his room that he shares with two of the other boys, and sat down on his desk chair. He sat on his bed and faced me.

 

“So, what is troubling you, young one?” he asked with a chuckle.

“Oh, shut up! You are like a year and a half older than me.”

“Older is older.”

“Well, it’s about Krystal, no surprise. She has been giving me the cold shoulder lately and I don’t know what to do.”

 

Not too many people were aware of Krystal and I’s relationship, because of our celebrity status, but Kris has known for a while. I completely trust him, and he really cares about us. He has had a few girlfriends before, and has some experience that I don’t. Krystal is the only girl I have ever seriously dated. Besides my sister, Min and Henry, Kris is the only one I come to for relationship advice.

 

“What did you do this time?” he asked.

“Nothing, you know how she gets.”

“I know, I’m just kidding. I have met a lot of high maintenance girls in my life, but Krystal takes it to a whole new level.”

“She’s not high maintenance, she is just overly sensitive,” I said defending her.

“You have got it bad my friend, always ready to defend your girl,” Kris said reaching over to mess up my hair.

“I just care a lot about her” I said.

“You love her.”

“Ok, ok, I love her, so help me fix this.”

“The girl I dated back in high school had a similar personality to Krystal’s. She would always get jealous anytime I even looked at another girl. Even if I was hanging out with the guys she would rather I always be with her. What it really came down to was that she was insecure about our relationship, and if I would be faithful. Just saying that I would never cheat wasn’t enough. Girls like Krystal need grand gestures that occur in font of people to prove that you are telling the truth. If you do something in front of others she will feel that you aren’t ashamed of your relationship. I know that isn’t ideal because not many people know about you guys, but there has to be something subtle that you could do.”

“Subtle? I wrote her a song that went our album.” I said frustrated.

“I know that, but not many other people do.”

“What if I do something at our Inkigayo performance tomorrow?”

“That could work, what do you have in mind?”

“Well I guess it depends if we win.”

“You guys are going to win.”

“Ok if we win then I could do something during the encore stage. For some our other wins I gave her a piggyback ride.”

“If you need me to do anything I’m happy to.”

“What if we both carry her. She would never see that coming.”

“Um, how is that going to work? I’m like two feet taller than you.”

“Hey! I’m not that short, you are just freakishly tall. What if she puts an arm around each of our shoulders, and we each take one of her legs.”

“That might work,” he mused.

“But don’t get any ideas, or let your hands wander. Even if your my friend I’m not against hurting you,” I said shoving him.

“Don’t worry, she is like a little sister to me. Maybe you should just carry both her legs.”

“We will see how it goes, but I think we have got a plan.”

“Good, enough with the serious, I wanna kick your at Halo,” he said standing up and laughing.

“I’m getting better,” I said getting up too. “Hey Kris?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks, for always being so cool about Krystal and I.”

“No problem Am,” he said squeezing my shoulder. 

 

 

The Next Day at Inkigayo

 

As the confetti fell down on us after they announced f(x), all I could think was this is it, this is it. I walked over to Kris and said, “Let’s do it now.” After we walked over to Krystal  I gestured for her to put her arms around us. She couldn’t stop smiling. I tried to grab both of her legs, but I only managed to get a hold of one. Kris being the friend that he was didn’t try to grab her legs. With my loose grip on her, and Kris’s freakish height, it was only about five seconds before we put her down. I couldn’t talk to her until we went off stage, but she was all smilies for the rest of our song. As we walked off stage, I felt her grab my wrist. When we finally got back to our dressing room, she pulled me into the corner, and put her arms around my neck.

 

“That was really sweet, even though it didn’t go smoothly,” she said.

“You know I’d do anything for you.”

“Am,” she said looking down. 

“So are we good again?”

“I wasn’t ever mad at you, I just get so jealous sometimes. I wish we could be together all the time.”

“I know princess, but I’m going to do what ever I can to show you that you are always on my mind,” I said as she looked up at me smiling.

“Stop saying nice things, I can’t kiss you here,” she whispered.

“Later then. I have to go say bye to Kris before he leaves,” I said giving her a hug.

As I walked towards the door she said, “Hey Am, tell me the truth was that your idea or his?”

“100% me. Have you no faith in my abilities?” 

“Ok, thank him anyway for me.”

“Will do,” I said as I went into the hallway.

 

When I got to Exo’s dressing room I saw Kris outside pretending to fight Chen.

 

“Hey Kris, thanks for everything man. She loved it. She told me to say thanks as well,” I said pulling him into a side hug.

“Sure anything for for guys. And it is not like you could have ever come up with that on your own.”

“Of course I could, Krystal thought I did.”

“Really, well let’s go talk to her about it,” he said starting to walk back towards f(x)’s dressing room.

“Wait Kris let’s think about this,” I said going after him.