Chapter 13

The Angel's Song

It was 6am in the morning and SM was in the airport.

You could just imagine the chaos.

"SUHO HYUNG. carry me......" sehun jumped on the poor elder's back causing Suho to growl and groan in pain.

Chanyeol swayed from side to side and fell on D.O who was almost crushed by the weight.

Kai was grumbling and pushing the cart of Exo's suitcases. He had lost a bet the day before and was forced to handle all the member's suitcases the whole trip. Baekhyun's scowl was even deeper as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. Stupid 6am. Stupid morning. He wanted to sleep.

F(x) would not leave Byul alone. They brought big suitcases for just the week and shoved them towards Byul who just wordlessly placed them on a cart and pushed them.

*Gosh.. what did they put in here?*

"You'll push these without complaining right?" Krystal hissed in Byul's ear. Byul just nodded.

F(x) had worn airport outfits even if it was early in the morning. Byul looked down at her t-shirt and skinny jeans and sighed. 

 

But instead of feeling even more sorry for herself she smiled. *At least I have the best father waiting for me at home* She giggled and pushed the cart happily. *let's just hope this trip ends quickly*

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes when he saw f(x)'s outfits.*trying to stand out huh? just watch you get . I'm not gonna save ya.* He cooly adjusted the snapback on his head and looked around observing s. Sehun was sitll trying to get on Suho's back while Suho kept slapping him away. Chanyeol had fallen asleep on D.O. who was struggling to get the heavy weight off of him. Kai just had his earphones on and was grooving along to the music and Baekhyun almost smiled.

*idiots.* he thought. then his eyes trailed over to Byul who struggled to push the cart full of huge suitcases. *all those all hers?!?* His eyes widened. then he saw f(x) who walked freely without their suitcases. His eyes narrowed as he heaved a heavy sigh. *figures.* He took a step towards her but stopped. *no baekhyun. don't.* A voice in his head whispered. *no baekhyun. do it. go and help her. you know she needs it.* Another voice in his head whispered.

*both of you shut up!* He thought towards the two voices. He just facepalmed himself torn between two choices. Should he help her? After all, he was the only one that positively knew that that was her song. he had seen her practice it and edit the piece. It was in her pink notebook. He knew it. he was positive. But his ego wouldn't let him defend someone like her. 

These were his arguments:

1. she needed to know how to defend herself and stand strong on her ground.

2. he had a reputation! of being cold and heartless so why help someone like her?

3.... He hadn't thought about argument 3 yet. 

His heart stopped a little when he saw her smile. *Did she just...* And to confirm his thoughts he heard her giggle just the slightest bit. *She just laughed... wait hold up. ahah loser. creepo. giggling in the middle of nowhere. she's weird. yup.*

"Flight 143 please ship your suitcases now." Byul's head snapped towards the intercom and pushed the suitcases towards the shipping area. Kai followed after her with one of the teachers shouting orders to the SM students.

"SM go sit in the chairs over there! don't move unless you have to go to the bathroom!"

Baekhyun took a seat in the chairs and leaned his head back while closing his eyes. Suddenly a hand fixed his hair. he lazily turned around and saw Krystal smiling at him. He had to admit, she was gorgeous. But she was definitely the best example of a devil masked by an angel.

"Hi Baekhyun Oppa." she chirped as she eyesmiled to him. He just scoffed and turned and leaned his head  back again. "Go bother someone else Krystal. I'm tired. Plus I'm not your oppa."

Krystal pouted and moved on to D.O.

"Hi D.O. oppa." She chirped again. Being the nice guy he was he just smiled back at her and continued trying to get Chanyeol's heavy head off his tiny shoulders. "Are you excited for the trip D.O. oppa?"

D.O. cringed at the Oppa. he knew all too well that this girl was older than him. He just smiled an uneasy smile. *I kind of miss how Byul always called me D.O.-shi. She's all the more younger than me.. If its anyone that can call me Oppa it's her*

He was torn between two choices too. He wanted to help her so badly. He did hate seeing her getting hurt all the time. But he did notice that in the past few weeks she was smiling and bright. *Maybe it's better that we are out of her life. She seems happier now. I feel bad for not believing her and not talking to her anymore. But I can't get over what she did.*

"Oppa.. oppa are you listening to me?"

"oh. eh sorry. ahah.. haha.." D.O. just wanted her to get away from him.

"I asked if you enjoyed reading my play script with me. I really enjoyed it too! Your so good at acting oppa! When you were all like 'She's such a burden' I felt like you were a real actor! So good!" She squealed complimenting him.

He smiled in response but stopped. *wait what? BURDEN?!? Hold up... Didn't Byul say something along the lines of...*

His eyes widened as he gasped.

flashback:

"D.O. oppa! will you read a script I wrote with me? I wanted to practice!" Krystal squealed running up to him. Being the nice guy he was, he agreed.

"yeah.. she's a pain in the . She just wants a bunch of attention by acting so helpless and cute. It doesn't work on me. I just did everything out of pity." he said while getting fully into the script.

He looked up from the script and smiled once they finished recording. "You did a great job Krystal! I really felt myself getting into character!" He gushed as he handed the script back to her.

"Ah thank you.. You were really good at getting into the character D.O. oppa." She gushed. *Just like I needed you to be.* She thought as she smirked. She hit the 'stop recording' button on her phone.

He was about to scold Krystal but found her moving to Kai to continue her little flirting stations.

He clenched his fist. He knew now because of Krystal's slip of words.

Krystal was the liar.

Byul was innocent.

But he didn't know how to prove it. He looked at Baekhyun and flashbacked to when Baekhyun stood up in front of the principal defending Byul.

*He knew all along. That she was innocent. WHY DIDN'T HE DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT? I'll kill him later. Now I need to apologize and get Byul's name cleared. * He eyed the poor girl hauling the suitcases onto the shipping belts.

*Don't worry Byul. I'll clear your name. along with that idiot Baekhyun who just shut up about the whole thing.*

 

A/N:Short update cuz I'm gonna double update! :)

D.O. found out! I guess more people are going to be on byul's side now! :)