Final

1-4-3

I glance down at my buzzing phone and smiled when my favorite hyung's contact name came up on screen. My fingers slid to see the message.

From: Hamster Hyung

To: Namuu Hyunnie

1-4-3 WooHyunnie! This isn't a joke, okay? Give me your answer after you get this :D

My eyebrows furrowed as I reread the message over and over again. 4-8-6? Is hyung trying to be all mysterious on me now? Why can't he be straightfoward like he usually is?

"And how am I supposed to answer you if I don't know what you asked me?"


I tore my eyes off the phone screen and groaned. It's been an hour and all I've been doing was staring at SungGyu's message nonstop, trying to figure out any possibility to what it meant. 4-8-6. Maybe he was asking for how much of each fruit he wanted and if it was okay to get that much? No, that wouldn't make sense. Why would he not want me to joke about it then? Maybe he was asking if I knew the formation 4-8-6 for our World Tour? That would make sense if he wanted me to be serious...

But what the hell? We don't HAVE 4-8-6 as a formation in any of our choreography. He wouldn't mistaken any of our formations. Heck, he's the leader of INFINITE. He would know that it wasn't.

So I pretty much have no idea as to what 4-8-6 meant.

I sighed, turning off my phone for the moment. SungGyu hyung underestimated my ability to figure things out. Sure, I was the "brain" of INFINITE in Ranking King, but that should've went to SungGyu or DongWoo that time. SungGyu was the one that came up with ideas to save me even though he was the first one out and DongWoo was the one who had a solid idea about who was supposed to be aware of who and everything. I was just good with water guns.

I guess he took my title seriously though.

"Hey Woohyun, what are you doing lazing around in your bed when we're supposed to have lunch with MyungSoo and SungYeol?" I turned around and smiled sheepishly at the dinosaur infront of me, spinning the manager's car keys.

"Sorry DongWoo. I was just thinking of something. Are they all ready?"

"Yep, just waiting for you." I put my phone back in my pocket and stood up.

"Well then, let's go."

Once both of us were outside, we headed over to the manager's car where SungYeol and MyungSoo were already sitting in with each other.

"Hey hyungs, tell SungYeol that coffee isn't another form of holy water."

"What?! Of course it's holy water. Why would I feel so amazing while drinking it?"

"Because you're delusional. Holy water is clear. Coffee is brown. Are you colorblind?"

"God made another form of holy water called coffee, and made the two in to different colors so you can distinguish the yummy one from the non yummy one."

"But coffee isn't that yummy."

Whoa wait what?! Coffee isn't yummy? Are you out of your mind, MyungSoo?! IT'S THE BEST DAMN DRINK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD AND YOU SAY IT ISN'T-"

"Yeolie?"

"WHAT?!"

"Can you quiet down, I don't want to drive with screaming about coffee, alright?"

"BUT-"

"Come on, SungYeol. Find your happy place and shut up about it, okay?" I said to the crazed coffee lover, trying to help the poor hyung out so we can all eat. I was starving.

"...Fine, WooHyun."


When we sat down on the small cafe, my thoughts suddenly came back to the message on my phone, 4-8-6. I still didn't know what it meant, so I didn't know how to reply to SungGyu. How was I supposed to figure it out?

Then I remembered that I was sitting across from DongWoo, INFINITE's clever yet weird rapper. It couldn't hurt to ask him what he thought of it, right?

"Hey DongWoo?" The said person looked up from his menu and grinned.

"Yep?"

"Well... if someone said 4-8-6, what would you think that would mean?"

"4-8-6?" DongWoo looked thoughtful for a bit before shrugging. "I don't really know. Maybe it would be the number of letters in an English word that would make a sentence?"

That made some sense. Maybe he was asking something in English and thought it'd be fun to make it in to some sort of game for me to figure out.

"What kind of sentence would it be?"

"Hmm..." DongWoo was back to thoughtful again while MyungSoo, intrigued more by our conversation than SungYeol's coffee rant, spoke up.

"Maybe it stands for 'Take SungYeol coffee'?" I glanced at MyungSoo in surprise. That made some sense, I suppose. The sentence sounded like something SungGyu would say and he'd be serious about saying that. But... I just knew that it wasn't what SungGyu wanted to say to me.

"Hey! Maybe it stands for 'Hate MyungSoo yeah!'"

"'Yeah' doesn't have six letters."

"You don't have six letters."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?"

"It means-"

"How about 'Want everything please'?" DongWoo piped up after thinking long and hard, glancing at me with a grin.

It was also a good guess, but it just seemed off.

"I don't know. That doesn't sound right..."

"Why did you ask about this anyway if you don't even have an answer?" SungYeol grumbled, sipping on his Americano. He was still a bit iffy at MyungSoo about eariler; knowing the two though, they'll be normal in a few minutes.

"Well... I was just a bit curious to see what you guys would think. Random question, I guess. Anyways, let's order. My stomach is dying."

I was a bit dissappointed that I still didn't have much of a clue, but I still didn't want to give up. SungGyu thinks it's important, so I will think it is important. I had to figure it out for SungGyu hyung. I just had to.


After lunch, I went back to the dorms, still in deep thought about SungGyu's message. I sat on the couch and the channel, hoping that maybe something on television would help me through this.

While on commercial, SungJong plopped down beside me with a glass of water, staring at the screen with bored eyes. We were silent for a while until SungJong spoke up.

"SungGyu hyung is doing some vocal practices. He'll be back pretty late."

"Oh really? Why so long?"

"You know him, always pushing himself to practice more even he's already perfect in his vocals." I smiled at the thought of SungGyu, singing his heart out with that powerful yet beautiful voice that could pull out different emotions so easily. I was always dumbfounded to why SungGyu would practice a lot when he was already amazing.

"That's our Gyu Hyung, alright," I chuckled as I flipped through a channel. I felt SungJong smile a bit before letting that smile falter slightly.

"Hey Woohyun hyung?" I glanced at SungJong briefly before turning back to the screen.

"Yeah?"

"How much do you care for SungGyu hyung?"

"I care about him more than anything else in the world, even my mom. He's my closest friend and best hyung in the world. What else would he be to me?" I glanced back at SungJong again, but looked at him in confusion. He didn't seem very pleased with my answer.

"... So he's just a hyung to you?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Has manake gone all weird too?

"Well of course, SungJong. Is there something bad about that?" My dongseng looked away, biting his lip. Was he trying to hide something? He seemed like he knew something that I didn't about SungGyu...

And that irked me more than I thought it should.

"What do you think hyung thinks about you?" I blinked, tilting my head to the side while deep in thought. What did he think of me?

"A-As a dongseng, of course..." I don't know why I hesitated, and I was clueless to why I was not exactly okay with him thinking of me as just a dongseng. For sure SungGyu thought I was more than a dongseng, right? I'm more special to him than the rest of the INFINITE members, right?

"You might to question that, hyung," SungJong said, standing up before going over to his room. He stopped a bit to look at me over his shoulder. "And you should question yourself as well too."

I sat on the couch, dumbfounded and even more confused than I was before.


I sat on the dancefloor, drinking my bottled water while watching our dance machine continue to practice.

"Dude, take a rest. You look super exhausted."

"You just want me to rest so you can talk about stuff, right?"

"You know me too well, HoYa. That's scary." The said man chuckled and plopped down beside me, patting his sweat with a towel.

"I try my best to read everyone, WooHyun. So tell me, what's up?"

I was still completely confused about SungJong, SungGyu, the text message, and myself. I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask HoYa about anything. 

"What come up in your mind when 4-8-6 comes up?" I laid back and closed my eyes, waiting for him to start thinking and answering. Surprisingly, I heard a chuckle.

A damn chuckle.

My eyes snapped back open and I eyed HoYa's smiling face. There was a glint in his eye that was suspicious. Does that mean that he knew something about it?

I'm taking it as a yes.

"Just tell me what it's supposed to mean and no acting all mysterious and stuff. I'm too stupid for all of this."

"What makes it look like I know about any of this?" I opened my mouth to retort back to him, but was interrupted. "Well you're right. I know something. I'm not going to tell you though. It's for you to figure out." I groaned.

"But I seriously have no clue as to what it would be." HoYa smiled at me sympathetically and patted my shoulder.

"What sentence has that many for each word?" I blinked and looked at him, repeating the question in my head. What sentence would have that number of in each word? So it was in Hangul...

I still wasn't very sure though.

"Can you, perhaps, give me another clue? I still don't know what SungGyu would ask me that would be so important..." HoYa's grin faltered, looking hesitant to reply.

"W-Well, you see... um... Hyung?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think there are any boundaries when it comes to liking someone?" I bit my lip and began to think. Boundaries? Well... of course there may be some boundaries, right? Everything has boundaries.

"I think so. Why?" HoYa looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"What kind of boundaries?"

"Um, I don't know. Sibling romance is a definite boundary, right? And, uh, age? And I guess-"

"What about gender? Is that a boundary?" I stopped smiling and looked down at the floor. Gender? Would I think that a man loving a man was wrong? I closed my eyes and pretended to picture two men gazing at each other lovingly like any couple on the confines of their home. Did I find that revolting?

Did I find it exceptionally weird that the two men I pictured were me and SungGyu?

It was hard for me to stop the blush forming on my cheeks as I continued to picture SungGyu inching closer and closer to me, his plump red lips nearing closer and closer to mine...

"Hyung."

"WHAT?!" I shouted, snapping out of my dazed expression. My cheeks formed a blush before looking back at HoYa with a sheepish smile. "I mean, uh, yeah?"

His cheeky smile somehow made me feel more embarrassed than I thought I'd be.

"I'm going to go back to vocal practice. Keep practicing before going home, alright?Well bye hyungie~!" He quickly left me alone, still flushed and dazed. I groaned and fell back on to the floor, still frustrated. My hand then reached for my phone, pulling it out and scanning the message again.

What sentence has that many for each word?

What do you think hyung thinks of you?

What do you think of hyung?

How about gender? Is that a boundary?

...It wouldn't be to SungGyu, and it wouldn't be to me either....

I widened my eyes and blushed madly, looking at the message once more. 4-8-6...

"H-Hyung... why didn't you just say it?" What sentence would SungGyu say to me that had that many ?

Saranghae WooHyun~!

My hands skimmed over the message once more before typing a reply. Once it sent, I smiled to myself.

"Now it's your turn to start thinking, Kim SungGyu."


"Yah, WooHyun ah. Wake up."

"Mmmmno. Sleepy...tired...rest..." The hands that were shaking me stopped and there was a complete silence. I smiled to myself and continued to snuggle on to my blankets until I felt something soft pressed on to my mouth. Curious I opened my eyes.

I nearly screamed as my cheeks flushed in to a deep shade of red.

SungGyu was the first to pull away, looking down at the floor with his cheeks tinted in to the softest shade of pink.

"I-I, uh, I'm... S-Sorry WooHyunnie. I-I just thought... W-Well..." Seeing SungGyu like this was completely new for me. The SungGyu I knew never looked so... adorable. I pulled him again, kissing him softly and sweetly. His lips felt amazing on mine, almost as if they were meant to be together; of course, because that meant SungGyu and I were meant to be together.

I don't know how long it lasted. Was it seconds? Minutes? Hours? Eventually I pulled away, but I kept our foreheads together as we both stared deeply in to each other's eyes. I smiled softly to him, his cheek with all the love I had for him.

"Hyung, did you get my message?" SungGyu blushed and nodded, his eyes shyly looking back at me. I smiled wider. "Did you know what it meant?"

"Y-Yes... I k-knew..." I pecked his lips softly and whispered, our breathing mingled with each other.

"1-4-3. What did it mean?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"... I love you."

I pressed his lips on to mine once more, taking him in my arms while he tangled his hands in to my hair happily.

So do I, SungGyu. I love you too...

-----

...Okay that really BUT it's okay, because it's supposed to be pointless fluff that was just too rushed and too stupid and /shot

Well it was just to get my WooGyu feels going because I'm WooGyu deprived. There hasn't been much WooGyu lately and it's freaking killing me. If anyone knows any recent WooGyu, then please send me some. I feel like sulking in the corner because they aren't together that much anymore ;______;

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed stupidity. Bye bye~~~~~

(Comment please :3333)