The ANGRY BOY

My Unsaid Words Have the Taste of Your Blood.

 

“He can’t remember either who he is or what happened. There a lot of blanks in his memories especially about you. He doesn’t know who you are. He has recognized his parents when they came earlier and he still knows what is his favourite colour or dishes but he seems to have forgotten everything related to the group and his career.”

“Is it permanent? "

“No, his memories will comeback eventually. He needs time to recover, that’s all.”

He recognized Jinki’s voice through the veil of sleep that blurred his mind. Someone was in his room with the doctor. A guy, with an icy voice. He blinked to get rid of the sleep of his eyes. Jinki was before his bed, talking to a boy who seemed oddly familiar to him. The boy was frowning, his jaw tightly clenched and his injured hand, covered in bandage, was gripping the iron rail of the bed. So much tension emanated from him, even the bright Jinki was shrinking. The boy was handsome even if he had a few scratches on his right cheek.

"Oh, you’re awake!" Jinki said with his endless smile, obviously relieved to have a chance of escaping the frosty gaze of the boy.

The deep brown eyes of the angry boy crossed his own. He saw conflict in those orbs, anger and relieve fighting each other. The angry boy stood stubbornly tight-lipped before him. He felt the urgency to talk to him. To apologize. He didn’t even know why he should apologize. His lungs constricted painfully as the angry boy left the room without a word, like a breeze. He winced at the loud sound of the door closing.

"Who was he ?"

"One of your friends. He was in the car too but he was luckier than you. He was sitting on the left side of the first raw of seat, so he has less injuries. He broke his hands and needed a few stiches on the face. . You were sitting in the middle of the second raw."

"I can’t remember him. I have an impression of familiarity but…I can’t remember."

"I know, it’s the shock. But I’m sure you’ll soon."

"He looked angry."

Jinki looked uncomfortable, at the file of the medical record. The question was pertinent. If the angry boy was a friend, why didn’t he speak to him?

"Well, he is angry. But I don’t really know why. Actually we don’t really know what happened either. Your car has been hit by a truck coming from a road on your right at a crossing. The car rolled over a few time before crashing against a tree and the right side was totally destroyed. That’s all we know."

"Did I…who was driving?"

"Not you. Your manager drove, you were heading to an interview with the other members. Do you remember? We have talked about your group, about Infinite, the last time with your parents."

"Yeah. Did one of us die in the accident?"

He was scared of the answer but the question kept running in his head since Jinki informed him about the other passengers. The doctor looked away, losing for a short time his bright smile. He fixed the window, ruffling his hair sadly. His voice was cautious as he spoke:

"No. Nobody died. Some of you have been severely hurt but nobody died. You should sleep now. You need to rest. I’m going to sedate you, okay?"

He nodded, feeling like a child, so small and powerless. The reality started to fade away, in the steams of a heavy sleep, blurring Jinki’s smile into a drizzle of enamelled pearls.

~***~

Pain.

Screams. The car rolling, his stomach twisted by terror. He wanted to puke so badly. A hand keeping him forcefully against the seat. The hand of the body pressed against his right side. Melting of blood. This hand tried to keep him alive.

Screams. The world was upside down. No gravity. Just the atrocious feeling of being shaken like in a roller coaster. A deadly roller coaster. So much pain. His leg was shattered for sure.

Pain.

Blood. Someone crying near him. Help. Help. Blood dripping on his face. The awful smell of blood, petrol and burned leather invading his nostril. He needs to protect him but he is to far to reach him.

Help.

Two thin arms reaching from his left to catch a body before them, trying to do exactly the same the hand was doing for himself. It was ridiculous. The body embraced by the two arms was so much bigger. The two frail arms would never have enough force to prevent the body to be shaken and propel forward. But still the two frail arms tried. Gripping the body with terror, fingers clenching to the fabric of the shirt, nails digging into the skin.

Help. Please.

 Desperation. The crying becoming hysterical and the screams louder. Red everywhere. The hand keeping him in place, in a desperate attempt to save his life.

A sickening crack at his left and a painful scream. Blood is covering his sight but still he can see the strange angles of the frail arms letting the body bending forward. His screams are not heard (Someone already screams so much louder before them). But he screams until his lungs burn, and the body still moves forward hitting the seat of the conductor. Blood.

The final impact against the tree. He can see the face of the body. The handsome face with bloody scratches on the right cheek. Those angry dark orbs…it’s…

 

He opened his eyes, frantic and mouth wide open to shallow as much oxygen as possible. To get rid of the disgusting rotten air in his lungs. He was not in the car anymore. He was safe, he was alive. He was not trapped in that burning car, drown by his friends’ blood. He could feel tears streaming his face. He wanted to scream but his trachea was constricted by his own anxiety. He was suffocating, slowly sinking into unconsciousness when a hand pulled him strongly in the sitting position. He blinked a few time, trying to calm his breath, disoriented and terrified. Carbonaceous eyes were fixed on him and strong arms circled his shoulders.

He felt safe. The angry boy was there, keeping him in the reality of the plainly white and clean hospital. He was there. Someone was there, with him. And he knew that, at least, he remembered something or rather someone.

He gripped the jacket of the angry boy, the guy with the handsome face and scratches on the cheek, leaning closer to reach the other’s ear.

"I remember you…Hoya."

The angry boy looked at him a long time before moving. Hoya bitted his lips and patted awkwardly his head with his unwounded hand.

"I’m going to get your doctor."

 

**************************************************

My chapters are so short. I deeply apologize for the none creative plot and all. U.U

And no, for those of you who have the courage to read this thing: I won't tell the name of the main protagonist yet XD but if you are bored you can try to guess ~

Please I love comments so leave a bit of yourself <3 even if it's to point out my incompetence U;u

PS. midnightBee you deserve all my love for commenting the first chapter XD <3