NICE GUYS (ONESHOT)

NICE GUYS (ONESHOT)

Nice guys finish last that’s why I’ll treat you like trash

It’s not what I really want to do

but you only date bad guys so I’ll give him my best try

To treat you the way you want me to

We were in the new café in the neighborhood. He was texting on his phone when the waiter approached us. He handed us the menu. I browsed through it. The choices were pretty good. I looked at my boyfriend.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked him.

"I'm fine. You go ahead." He said, without even looking up from his phone.

I was a bit disappointed. We had planned on going to this place for weeks, and now that we finally managed to come here, he didn't even want to order. But I shrugged it off. Maybe he has already eaten, or maybe he had something else on his mind right now. Being a good girlfriend, I ordered what I wanted and tried to cool myself down.

"Thank you." I said to the waiter. He smiled, nodded and left. I returned my attention to Lee Gi Kwang. He was still focused on his phone. I was getting a little annoyed. I just stared at him. I admit I was lucky. He's not only one of the hottest guy in school. He's also a star soccer player, and he's nice too. He wasn't the smartest kid in school, because that was supposed to be my title. Well, no one is perfect. And that included my boyfriend. Lee Gi Kwang.

"Kwangie, baby. Where are we going tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Hmm…" He managed to utter a sound, that was not even an answer. I frowned at his response.

"Lee Gi Kwang. Can you please, at least put down the phone and look at me when I am talking to you?" I asked him, gritted my teeth doing that. He has been weird for a few weeks now. I thought it was just the tension of the championship title, but the game was over last week, and he was still acting weird.

"Sorry. You were saying?" He asked. He did say sorry, but I looked at his face, he was not close to sorry. He looked uninterested. I tried my best not to hit him at that moment.

"I asked you, where are we going tomorrow?" I repeated my question.

"Tomorrow? What about tomorrow?" He asked.

I looked at him, disbelieved.

"It's our first anniversary. Oh my God, Lee Gi Kwang, how could you forget that?" I raised my voice. I know, anyone seeing us that moment may think that I'm an annoying and clingy girlfriend, but the truth is I was really not. I was surprised because it was Gi Kwang. He used to be the type of guy that remembers the dates. I fell for him deeper because he paid attention to the details. He remembered the smell of my perfume, and he notice it whenever I changed my shampoo. He would remember the accessories that I wanted to buy, and bought them for me, even after I've forgotten all about them. He planned most of our celebrations. And that's the reason why I was shocked when he didn't even remember our first year anniversary. It just didn't make any sense to me.

"Oh yeah, of course." He said. He looked at me, emptily. I crossed my hands in front of my chest. I looked away from him. I hated to sulk, but at the moment, I thought that was the best response I could gave him.

"Come on. Seo Mi-ah… Don't be such a baby. Look, we'll meet at the Chinese restaurant that we used to go to  okay? Tomorrow night, at 8. We'll meet there." He said. For the first time this evening, he looked at me, showering me with his full attention, instead of looking at his phone. I looked back at him. He smiled. He shot me with that killer eye-smile that never failed to make me agree to his wish.

"Deal?" He asked me. Still smiling. I sighed, nodded. He seemed to be satisfied. He put his phone on the table, and we chatted. Finally, I got to have  my boyfriend by myself.

We were in the middle of our conversation when his phone rang. He didn't even hesitated, and picked it up.

"Oh, hyung. Now? Yeah… Okay. I'll meet you there." He said, so happily. I frowned. He hang up the phone and looked at me.

"Baby, so, we'll meet tomorrow right? I just need to go somewhere else right now. After all, we are not doing anything important right?" I was furious inside. How could he looked at me straight in the eyes and said those things to me. Who am I to him now? We're doing nothing important now? What the hell?

"Whatever." I muttered. Not even looking at him. I hoped he got the message and won't leave me there. But he just stood up and kissed my head. Before he left, he turned his head, halfway.

"Seo Mi-ah…" He called my name. I looked at him.

"I knew you would've understand." He said, and he walked away. I felt tears were filling up my eyes.

"Song Seo Mi, this is a public area. You should not cry here. You are a strong person, and you would never let a jerk like that get into your head and make you cry." I said to myself, repeatedly, trying really hard so that I won't shed a tear. But who am I kidding. He's a jerk, but I love him. At least, the old him. The dreaded tears finally fell.

"Excuse me. Here's your order." A voice surprised me. I was embarrassed for crying there. In front of a stranger. I shook my head and forced a smile. He picked a tissue off the tray and handed it to me. I took it.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I am." I said, and smiled. He smiled back and left my table.

I looked at my food but I didn't have the appetite to eat. I asked for the waiter and paid. When I walked nearer to the door, the waiter approached me.

"Here's your receipt." He handed me a piece of paper.

"Thank you urrmm… Youngmin…" I said, looking at his name tags. I smiled and left the café.  I walked home. I wanted to throw the receipt away, then I noticed, something was written on it.

Smile - sunshine is good for your teeth. ^_^

 

I chuckled. It was nice. I felt good for a moment. I wanted to get home and forget about whatever it is that I was mad about today. And maybe, then I would be in a better mood to pick out my outfit for tomorrow.

 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  

The next day.

I looked at the time nervously. I just got out of shower, and it was 6pm. I got exactly an hour and forty-five minutes to find the outfit, match everything and leave.

I can do this.

I breathed deeply. I heard someone at the door. Then there was a knock.

"Unnie, can I come in?" My younger sister, Min Yeul asked from the other side. I unlocked the door and let her in. She looked around and shook her head.

"Did I miss something?" She asked.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"The earthquake?" She giggled. I sighed. She sat at the end of my bed.

"So, you've gat a date with oppa right?" She asked, already knowing the answer. I nodded, while rummaging through my wardrobe.

"Why are you so nervous. Tonight would be like your hundredth date. You've done it before. A lot of time. What's so different this time? Why are you so nervous?" She asked me. I thought about her question while I was ignoring her. Maybe it's because I felt like he is not so familiar anymore. But I didn't tell her that.

"I don't know. Enough with the questions. Help me out here." I begged her. I pulled out something from the closet.

"Nope.. Too Paris Hilton-ish"

"You're not going to a funeral, unnie."

"Wear that if you want to tell him, I'm a so me."

"Nope, not that one."

"Nahhh.."

I gave up. I never thought that I would have trouble in picking out an outfit to wear tonight.

"That's perfect."

(A/N: I'll let you decide whatever you're wearing fot the date. ^_^)

I sighed in relief. Finally, something is working.

I pushed her out of my room to get ready. She was yelling when I closed the door and locked it, but I didn't care. I smiled, nervously.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  

I arrived at the restaurant 5 minutes early because my dad dropped me off there. I walked inside the room. I looked around, but I didn't see any sign of my boyfriend so I just picked the table that was near the table. A waiter approached me, handing me the menu.

"I am waiting for someone. " I said. He smiled and left the table.

I looked around. There were not many people tonight. I looked outside. It was a clear night, with many stars. It was beautiful. I can’t recall the last time I saw a beautiful night sky like that. I played with my finger nervously. We have been together for a year. That was like fifty years for a teenage couple. I touched the ring on my right hand. I smiled.

Flashback:

"You look really pretty tonight. Not that you're not pretty at other times. It's just that I think you.. " he stammered on his words and I found it really cute.

"You look great." I cut his words. He blushed. I chuckled.

"Thank you for meeting me tonight. I know you must've other things to do, or more interesting places to be." he looked at me nervously.

"If you mean studying, yeah.. I guess I have other places to be tonight." I replied, grinning.

"Uhh.. I'm really sorry. If you want to go home, maybe.." He stuttered again. He rubbed his neck, trying to avoid eye contact. He was being strangely awkward tonight.

"Lee Gi Kwang, I was kidding. This is the place I wanted to be tonight. So, stop being so nervous. You're making me nervous too." I told him that. He looked surprised. But then he smiled. The smile that never failed to make me feel warm inside. The food arrived, and we ate. We talked about things, random things. We chatted about school, about his team. I had a great time. After we finished eating, he took the fortune cookies and handed me one.

I opened mine. I was stunned. I looked at it carefully. I wondered what they had put in my food, that I'm starting to imagining things. I blinked a few times. It was still there. A pretty ring.

"I think, there may have been a mistake.." I said to him. There was a piece of paper rolled neatly. I opened it.

"For you see, each day I love you more

Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow."

<3

I felt my eyes started to water. I looked at him. He stood up and went beside me. He held my hands and looked at me in the eyes.

" I've been trying to find a way to express my feelings for you. I’ve always wanted to create something unique to show you just how much I love you. But I would never find the perfect moment that would fit, so here I am, less than perfect. But I want you to know that I would much rather have you in my life and take a chance at losing you than not having you at all and wondering throughout, what it would have been like between us. What I'm trying to ask you is - would you take a chance with me? Song Seo Mi, will you be my girlfriend?"

I wanted to say yes. I wanted to, but I can't seem to tell him that. I keep quiet, with tears falling down my cheek. He looked down. He took off his hands against mine.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't… I don't know…" He choked. I looked at him. It was obvious that he was trying to hold back his tears.

"Yes. I will." I finally said it. Barely whispering. But he heard it, he heard it well. He turned his head.

"I love you." I said.

End of flashback.

"Miss, may I take your order." Another waiter handed me a menu. I looked at my phone. It's already 9pm. I can't believe I got lost in my own thoughts for an hour. And I can't believe that he was not here.

"I'm really sorry, but I'm waiting for a friend."  I told him. He looked annoyed but I didn't care. Lee Gi Kwang will come. He is my Lee Gi Kwang. He'll be here.

I dialed his number. No one was answering.

I dialed again and again. No one picked up. I gave up. I left the restaurant. I smiled at the waiter bitterly as I left. I was walking back home. It was not too far. I could've just called my dad to pick me up, but I need some time alone, so I walked.

I stopped at the park. We always sat there together. We went there to see the kids playing, we went there to watch the stars. I sat there, looking at the beautiful stars. I looked at my phone. I set my our photo as the wallpaper. I looked at him. He changed a lot. I missed him. I dialed his number again. It rang, but no one picked up. I was about to hang up, when I heard his voice.

"Hello?" I heard his voice on the other line.

"I guess you really did forgot about tonight." I said.

"Seo Mi?" He replied.

"I know you're busy right now. Just give me 5 minutes. I need you to listen." I said to him calmly.

"Seo Mi-ah… What are you talking about?" He asked. I didn't know if it was real, but I thought he sounded worried. But maybe that was just my imagination.

"I'm sorry. I should've been able to love you for whoever you are, but right now, I can't. I can't love the person you are now, and I kept missing  the old you. I don't know what have changed. But I can't. I loved you, and I'm sorry for being so selfish. I just missed you. I'm sorry for not being a good girlfriend. But I can't do this anymore. Goodbye Lee Gi Kwang." I told him those words, looking at the stars. The stars that gave me strength, when I just lost mine.

"Wait. Seo Mi…" I hung up. I turned off my phone.

I broke down. The tears kept falling and I didn't bother to stop them. I wanted to cry all I can and then, I'll just start over tomorrow. A new day, without Lee Gi Kwang.

I felt rain drops on my head. It was starting to rain. Then, I saw a light came nearer. I squinted my eyes. It was a car. A familiar one.

"Seo Mi!!!" And the familiar voice too. I turned around, started to walk faster, hoping that he'll never catch up. Who was I kidding. It was Lee Gi Kwang, a star soccer player. He caught up with me in an instant. He grabbed my wrist and turned me around facing him.

"Let me go. It's raining. I want to go home." I tried pulling my hands of his.

"Get in the car. I'll send you home." He replied.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you." I yanked my hand of, leaving him startled. He was shocked at my action.

"Please Seo Mi-ah. I'll send you home. And we'll talk about this tomorrow." He begged me. Under the dim street light, I could see his face. I looked away.

"I don't want to talk about..whatever it is.. You should go. Your friends are waiting." I turned around and walked away from him. Then I was stopped, by his hands. His hands were around my waist. I struggled, but he was too strong.

"Please don't do this." I told him. He kept quiet. The rain was heavier. It was cold, but I felt warm on my cheek. I turned around and I looked at him. It was raining so I can't tell if he was crying.

"Gi Kwang-ah…" I called out his name. He went down on his knees. I was shocked. That was unexpected. I lowered myself. Looking at him at eye-level. All of the sudden, I felt sorry.

"I thought you'd like me more if I 'm a bad guy." He said. I looked at him.

"What?" I asked. Confused.

"I thought girls like bad guys." He said, sobbing.

"What are you talking about. Where did you get that idea?" I asked him.

"Dongwoon's girlfriend left him for Junhyung. She said that Dongwoon was too nice for her, so she wanted someone else." He told me.

"Wait, that was about a month ago?"

"Yeah."

"So, that's the reason you've been acting all weird?" I asked him, for confirmation.

"Yeah.. I was scared that you would leave me because I'm too boring." He sounded shy about the whole thing. All of the sudden, I felt the situation was really funny. I laughed. He looked at me.

"Yahh!! Song Seo Mi, don't laugh."

I stood up, trying to hold my laughter. I held my hand, and he reached for it. I pulled him up.

"Are we still together?" He asked, with his puppy eyes.

"Lee Gi Kwang.. Pabo…" I pushed his forehead. He pouted.

"Yes we are. I can't believe you thought that I'd dump you because you're a nice guy. I like nice guys." I hold his hands, reassuring him.

"From now on, you have to tell me, whenever you're thinking weird things like that. I was hurt by your bad guy act you know?" I said to him, while making a sad face.

"I'm sorry." He replied. He smiled.

"Tell me what you're thinking right now." I asked him. He pulled me closer.

"I am thinking about how hot you are in the rain, and how much I wanted to kiss you right now and also.." I cut him of by crashing my lips onto his. He pulled my body closer to his, sharing the warmth that was lost due to the cold rain. I missed that soft lips of his. He pulled away. I whined at the lost of touch.

"You're wearing a new shampoo aren't you?" He grinned.

"Yes I am…" I smiled when he pulled me in for another deep, long and passionate kiss.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  

But behind the scenes, she means the world to me

I wanna tell her that she’s beautiful

and show her that she’s loved

hold her hand when she’s scared

tell her how much I care

 He opened the door for me. I hopped in to his car. I was glad that he was over the bad guy act. I smiled to myself.

"Baby, would you please take the towel from the backseat?" He asked, while he started the engine.

"I stretched my hands to the back seat, reaching for the desired towel. I took it, but I felt something underneath the towel, like a book. I was curious, so I took them both. I handed him the towel. I looked at the title.

IDIOT'S GUIDES: HOW TO BEING A BAD BOY

"I guess, you're not going to need this anymore. Maybe I should throw them away." I .

"Yah!!! Not here. That's littering." He grinned.

"I'm glad my nice guy is back. I missed you." I leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Done!!! Okay. I was supposed to continue ATTENTION PLEASE!!! (featuring BOYFRIEND) but I got distracted. @_@

So, I'll try to finish them, very slowly. ^_^

Please do comments on my story, it made my day. It gives me strength to continue writing.

And if you find anything wrong about my story, feel free to point them out.

The speech GiKwang made during his confession was from

www.lovingyou.com

I took a couple of them, and edited them.

Sooo.. comments yeah. <3 <3 <3