Tracing Back Time

Tracing Back Time

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Excuse me, but can you move your foot please? The toy train’s stuck at your foot.”
A small boy, black hair all combed and his bang in front of him combed to his left. The 6 yr-old tugs at the end of the stranger’s pants, who smiles at him.

“Are you playing alone?” the grown man asks, getting the toy and handing it to the younger. He pats the space beside him on the bench he’s sitting on and invites the boy to sit beside him.

“Nope, I’m waiting for a friend of mine,” the young man replies, “I’m Minseong.”

“I’m Sungmin,” Sungmin, the older gives out his hand, Minseong shakes it in response.
Sungmin saw the sparkle in the younger’s eyes when he was telling him about his friend, maybe it’s his girlfriend. Sungmin chuckles to himself, a 6 yr old with a girlfriend… weird. He didn’t even have a girlfriend of his own.
“So tell me more ‘bout this friend of yours,” Sungmin says, turning towards the direction of Minseong.

“He’s just being called by his mother, something about not putting a towel on his back. He’s very sickness-prone, guess they didn’t want to risk anything.”
So it’s a guy friend…,” Sungmin thinks to himself.
Sungmin remembers his own friend too, now that guy, he’s just a walking disease. There probably wouldn’t be a month that he wasn’t sick at least once. He mentally notes himself to put a towel on his back too, later.

“He plays lots of games, too, video games. But I at ‘em so he doesn’t let me play as much…”
Sungmin has to learn how to win at those.

“He likes to give me nice stuff, too. Pink stuff. Pink cupcakes, which are usually burnt. Pink shirts, pink almost everything.”
He always wondered how the other knew his favourite colour. Maybe it just showed. Or maybe the consistent pink-highlighted shirts gave it away. Maybe his room did too.

“He also always thinks he’s always right. Can’t I be right sometimes, too?” Minseong chuckles, “Maybe it’s his genius complex acting up.”
Sungmin never understood it either. They fight a lot, here and there, this day and that day, usually about petty things. In the end they’d just miss each other, each other’s warmth and atmosphere. It felt weird, like being mad at someone like your own. Their fights never lasted for more than two days, though.

“We do fight. But I like him nonetheless. I probably wouldn’t last a week without him.”
I probably wouldn’t last a week without him either…
Sungmin, obviously baffled, pulls the younger into a hug, feeling a similar aura as himself.

“Ya. Minseong, I’ve only been gone for awhile and you’ve already replaced me? Tsk.”
The words come from someone that looks as Minseong’s age, his hair brown, his eyes big and black, arms crossing. Minseong leaps from the bench and hugs his friend tightly. The other tries to balance himself back with his feet, moved from the impact, as a smile creeps on his face.

“Sungmin hyung, this is Kyuhyun,” Minseong gestures to his left where the little Kyuhyun was. 

Sungmin stands and bends over to greet Kyuhyun, he touches his left shoulder, “Hello Kyuhyun!” he says with a grin plastered on his face.

“Kyuhyun? I thought I was your one and only Kyuhyun,” a voice says, creeping both his arms around Sungmin’s waist, earning giggles from the two children.

Sungmin turns and smiles, “Kyuhyun-ah, this is, um, Kyuhyun,” he points over to the little boy whose hand is on Minseong’s right shoulder.

“This is… awkward,” Minseong suddenly speaks up, and they burst into fits of laughter.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
( ^ And yes, I use stars after my stories all the time! Even in mallowsprinkles. LOL)
Please, puh-lease COMMENT. ;___; Think of Donghae's pouting face.