Reunion

Rule Breaker
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Heyong pushed open the door to her home and paused when she heard something crinkle under her foot. *A letter?* She carefully picked up the purple envelope and opened it.

Heyong.
It's oppa. I really want to meet you. Will you please call me? I have a lot to tell you.
I'll be waiting.

Love,
Junseo

Attached was his number. She carefully folded the letter and shoved it into her bag. She'll think about after work.

-------------------

"Do you think I should call him?" Heyong asked, unsure of what to do.

"Yes! It's your brother. It's not like some crazy person is trying to kidnap you or something. I say give it a shot." Taehyung leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms.

"Yeah but... What would I say to him?" She nervously bit her lower lip and stared at her phone. 

"Hey, just go with the flow. It might turn out for the better." He picked up her phone and handed it to her. "I'll be waiting in the living room. You better call, alright?" he said with a pointed look.

She nodded, a small smile on her face. When he exited the room, she let out a sigh and typed in his number with shaky fingers.

"Hello?"

"H-Hi. It's me. Heyong."

"Oh my God. I didn't actually think you would call. Thank you."

"Y-You're welcome. You said you had something to tell me?" She began to play with the edge of her blanket as she waited for a response.

"Yeah. Do you... want to meet up? I think it'll be better to tell you in person."

"Oh. Um. Okay. Where?"

"Do you remember the cafe I would always take you to when we were younger?"

A happy smile came to her face as the image of the cute little cafe appeared in her head. "Yeah. I do."

"What time do you get off work?"

"How do you know I have a job?" she asked, surprised. *I never told him anything.*

"How else would you survive?" he chuckled. "It's not like our parents would send you money." The bitterness and anger was so evident in his voice, that she just wanted to wrap herr arms around him and comfort him. But one can only do so much over the phone.

"That's true. Um. I'm off after 4 tomorrow. So how about 4:30? Is that okay?"

"Yeah. That's great. I can't wait to see you again. I missed you, little sister."

Something went off inside of her, and tears began to roll down her face. "I... I missed you too," she said sincerely. "I really did."

After saying their goodbyes, Heyong went out into the living room and sat down next to him.

"So? How did it go?"

"I'm meeting up

Please log in to read the full chapter