Confession

Rule Breaker
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Wh-What? You have a brother?" Taehyung asked incredulously. "Why didn't you ever tell me? Are you just gonna leave him out there? That's kinda rude. You just slammed the door in his face." Taehyung turned away from her and moved to open the door again, but Heyong held him back.

"Stop. Please. I-I don't want to see him right now," she whispered.

He didn't understand what was going on through her head, but listened to her plea. Her hand limply dropped to her side, and she quietly walked into her room and shut the door.

Taehyung pursed his lips and walked after her. "Heyong?" he called, softly knocking. When he didn't get a response, he carefully opened the door and poked his head in. A deep frown appeared on his face when he saw her in bed, her blankets wrapped tightly around her. 

"Heyong? Do you want to talk about it?" He closed the door behind him and walked up to her, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Taehyung. Can you... Will you hold me 'til I fall asleep?" 

He searched her eyes, but couldn't get a clear read of her. "Sure. If that's what you want." She moved over to make space for him, and he climbed into bed with her, wrapping his arms around her small, trembling body.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. "I'll tell you everything. Soon. I promise," she said.

"You don't need to if you don't want to. Just know that I'm here for you," he whispered. A small smile lit her tired face, as she snuggled into his embrace.

This reminded her of the times her brother would hold her whenever she woke up from a terrible nightmare. His warm embraced always chased away the scary images that would flash through her mind everytime she closed her eyes, and she would fall asleep again in no time.

Even after six years, the method still worked. In no time at all, her breathing had even out. She had fallen asleep.

-----------------------

Her eyelids fluttered open to reveal a sleeping Taehyung. The ends of her lips hitched upwards when she saw the peaceful look on his face. *He stayed.*

He suddenly stirred awake, and rubbed his eyes. "You're awake?" he mumbled.

Heyong nodded and squeezed his arm. "Thank you for staying with me." He smiled at her and shook his head. "You never need to thank me. I would do anything for you, Heyong."

Heat creeped up her neck and she diverted her gaze. "Um. What do you want to kn

Please log in to read the full chapter