Roller-coaster

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Roller-coaster


 

46. Sungmin & Zhoumi

 

When the company announced that Super Junior-M would participate in an educational, Chinese-learning program, Sungmin had been horrified. Him and Eunhyuk were freshly added in the sub-unit, and not exactly confident in their Chinese-talking skills. The responsibility of the group's leader was also in Sungmin's hands; the young man was feeling a bit overwhelmed. The TV program was just adding to his stress. But Sungmin would have never believed that the burdensome schedule would turn into something fun and enjoyable - not at all what he had been expecting.

 

"Gege, you should know it by now," Zhoumi squealed excitedly on the seat next to his, eager for the roller-coaster ride to begin. "We can never do anything too serious!"

The older was preoccupied with mustering an expression calm enough for the cameras, clutching the safety bar to mask the tremble of his hands. "They could have warned us," he muttered, his heart beating faster as the ride was beginning. Behind them, other members yelled in joy, others in fear, the roller-coaster steadily climbing up the steep loop of the metallic tracks. Sungmin gulped, repeating under his breath the Chinese phrases they had learnt and were required to shout instead of the perspective Korean ones. Not that he was able to control instinct reactions...

 

For the few seconds they were balancing on the top of the loop, Sungmin only registered Zhoumi saying that this was the closest thing to holidays they would have for some time, and the wind messing up his styled hair. And then, the roller-coaster rushed downwards.