Cake

Drabble Challenge (miscontinued)

~Cake


 

39. Siwon & Ryeowook

 

It was June, and Seoul was sizzling like a frying pan. Students had to sweat in their uniforms as they attended endless hours of cram school, while salary men and women had to bear the subway's stench in the rides to and fro the office. Amidst that environment, Ryeowook was sampling on a variety of cakes, each ice-cream based bite tasting like heaven, and the air-conditioning on his back a loyal friend.

The young man his lips satisfied, the aftertaste of a sour cherry lingering on his tongue. Next to him, Siwon nervously glanced at his wrist watch.

"Do you think you can be quicker?" he asked, politely turning down a slice of strawberry cheesecake a woman of the pattiserrie's staff offered him. The younger man pointed a look at him, peircing yet another piece of cake with his fork.

"We came here for a reason..." Ryeowook murmured, stubbornly sticking his lower lip out.

Siwon sighed. "Don't you trust us at all to buy a decent cake for your birthday?"

 

Ryeowook shook his head and chuckled, cutely tapping the fork's teeth against his lips. 

"I receive so many cakes from fans! Is it wrong to want to pick one for myself?"

 

Inwardly, he pumped his fist to the air, knowing Siwon didn't stand a chance against his puppy eyes. In fact, Siwon didn't stand a chance against anyone's puppy eyes, but that's a different story...

 

"So," the tall man gave up and examined the cakes, "which one?"

Ryeowook's eyes twinkled mischieviously. "How about all five? They're really good," the younger added after the shop's manager's mouth fell open in surprise. Siwon's eyebrows disappeared under his fringe.

"What do you mean? Aren't they too expensive?"

 

Smiling sweetly, Ryeowook meaningfully glanced at the other man's pocket and then back at his face. Siwon grimaced as the plan became clear.

"I thought you wanted to pick for yourself," he said through gritted teeth and flashed a reassuring smile to the girl watching them curiously behind the counter.

 

"Exactly!"

Ryeowook took one last bite of sweet cake. "I didn't say I don't trust you to buy cake for me. I don't trust you to choose."

 

Arguing being futile with the short man, Siwon fumbled in jacket's pocket for his wallet, Ryeowook's happy squeal of Thank you! erasing all arguments form his head.